Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 47585 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2013, 04:07:37 AM »
>Extend our hand again. "You hold your ground well on the haggling battlefield."

« Reply #541 on: January 09, 2013, 04:28:46 AM »
>Extend our hand again. "You hold your ground well on the haggling battlefield."

>The rabbit grins broadly; triumph or sociability, it's hard to read for sure. "Can't make it in this line of work unless you do. So it's a deal, then," she says as she gives your hand an eager squeeze once more.

« Reply #542 on: January 09, 2013, 04:51:10 AM »
>Well.... 4 and a half is more than she offered, so, a minor victory is better than none.
>"Deal. It isn't a room, but it's more than I had."

« Reply #543 on: January 09, 2013, 05:28:08 AM »
>Well.... 4 and a half is more than she offered, so, a minor victory is better than none.
>"Deal. It isn't a room, but it's more than I had."

>You did manage to raise her starting offer a little, at least.
>"Every little bit counts, hey?"

« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:22 AM »
>"Sound philosophy, that."
>Await her payment expectantly.

« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:16 AM »
>"Sound philosophy, that."
>Await her payment expectantly.

>The rabbit nods energetically.
>As Chitsuki catches you waiting on her, she reaches into her vest pocket and produces a small wallet which she flips open with one hand and deftly extracts your fee with the other, eyes quickly counting the sum with practiced ease. She extends the coins to you.
>"24 and a half guilders, as agreed," she says, eying the regulator pointedly.

« Reply #546 on: January 09, 2013, 06:24:33 AM »
>Thought she still had it.
>Regardless, fork over the goods.

« Reply #547 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:50 AM »
>Thought she still had it.
>Regardless, fork over the goods.

>Ah, all the little details that can be overlooked.
>You hand the regulator to the perky rabbit and she grabs firm hold of it, then hands you your fee. She gives the part a little spin in her gloved hand. "A pleasure doing business with ya."

« Reply #548 on: January 09, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »
>Wonder if she'd know any coin collectors? Nah, we'll handle that ourselves, save us the finder's fee.
>Wonder also if either of these two have worked for the Scarlets before, they're a big name in town. No, never mind, we should head to that herbalists' place.
>Oh wait, we've got some time to kill until our plant finishes growing, so, why not get a bit more info on a local powerhouse?

>"Likewise."
>"Speaking of business, have either of you ever worked for the Scarlets? I hear they're one of the bigwig groups here in the city."

« Reply #549 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:10 AM »
>Wonder if she'd know any coin collectors? Nah, we'll handle that ourselves, save us the finder's fee.
>Wonder also if either of these two have worked for the Scarlets before, they're a big name in town. No, never mind, we should head to that herbalists' place.
>Oh wait, we've got some time to kill until our plant finishes growing, so, why not get a bit more info on a local powerhouse?

>"Likewise."
>"Speaking of business, have either of you ever worked for the Scarlets? I hear they're one of the bigwig groups here in the city."

>After considering and discarding a number of lines of inquiry, you decide to ask Chitsuki about her dealings with the foremost house of Val Razua.

>The rabbit snickers. "Yeah, you're new all right. But nah, not really." She shakes her head. "I mean, you can trace half the money in town back to 'em one way or another, but I've never worked for the House directly. See, they got the moolah to pay top price for everything - the best of the best. I deal in bargains. I can get ya double on your guilder next to the big boys, but that ain't what they're in the market for." She gives a little shrug. "But s'okay - I make enough."
>She tilts her head to the side and gives you a once-over. "What's your gig, anyhow? I'm guessin' it ain't rusty engine parts."

« Reply #550 on: January 10, 2013, 01:31:33 AM »
>"Nah, that gizmo was a bonus after infiltrating a fairy fortress. By specialty, I'm a douser."

« Reply #551 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
>"Nah, that gizmo was a bonus after infiltrating a fairy fortress. By specialty, I'm a douser."

>Her eyes flit to the dowsing rods on your back. "So... scout work for the mines and all that jazz?"

« Reply #552 on: January 10, 2013, 02:47:51 AM »
>Have we actually done that before?

« Reply #553 on: January 10, 2013, 02:59:31 AM »
>Have we actually done that before?

>You personally have not, though there's a spot on the job board back in Braston perpetually occupied by petitions from the Miners Guild - rewards offered for locating economically viable mineral veins, particularly of orichalcum and hiirogane, though of other metals as well. The odds of most people ever actually finding one are slim, of course, though you think you'd have a better shot than the majority of Seekers, if you ever cared to try. Not exactly the most exciting line of work, however.

« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2013, 07:02:37 AM »
>"That's part of my schtick, yeah. But I can find more than just precious metals and gems or out-of-place iron. I can sense magic, too, if it's strong enough."

« Reply #555 on: January 10, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »
>"That's part of my schtick, yeah. But I can find more than just precious metals and gems or out-of-place iron. I can sense magic, too, if it's strong enough."

>The rabbit nods. "Uh huh. Suppose there's a few ways you could play that. Ever dig up anythin' neat that way, or is it all fetching some spellslinger's misplaced goggles or magic underpants or something?"

« Reply #556 on: January 10, 2013, 09:06:13 AM »
>Point to the regulator. "Found that, for one, my first day on the job. And then of course there was this." Pat Kumokirimaru. "Found this under a hill near Easthaven, after falling off a bridge."

« Reply #557 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »
>Point to the regulator. "Found that, for one, my first day on the job. And then of course there was this." Pat Kumokirimaru. "Found this under a hill near Easthaven, after falling off a bridge."

>Chitsuki leans forward and peers at your sheathed blade. "Nice sword. Stylish. Less rusty, too. That some kinda language or somethin'?" She points at the inscription on the guard.

« Reply #558 on: January 10, 2013, 09:21:43 AM »
>"That's what the folks at the academy told me, when I had it checked out earlier on. Trouble is, it's one of those forgotten tongues. They knew enough to tell me what language it was, but not what it says."
>Snort out a chuckle. "For all I know, it's could be anything from the secret to world peace to someone's recipe for biscuits."

« Reply #559 on: January 10, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
>"That's what the folks at the academy told me, when I had it checked out earlier on. Trouble is, it's one of those forgotten tongues. They knew enough to tell me what language it was, but not what it says."
>Snort out a chuckle. "For all I know, it's could be anything from the secret to world peace to someone's recipe for biscuits."

>"Snazzy. Let's just hope it ain't a warning 'bout some death curse or somethin', hey?" She grins at you.

« Reply #560 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
>Chuckle a humorless chuckle. "That'd be nice."
>Rest our hand upon the hilt. "Someone I met on my way into the city told me the sword had some kind of faith, or religious power, about it, something they couldn't identify." Pause. "I don't suppose you have a buddy that specializes in that sort of thing?"

« Reply #561 on: January 10, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
>Chuckle a humorless chuckle. "That'd be nice."
>Rest our hand upon the hilt. "Someone I met on my way into the city told me the sword had some kind of faith, or religious power, about it, something they couldn't identify." Pause. "I don't suppose you have a buddy that specializes in that sort of thing?"

>She shakes her head. "Not the religious type, sorry."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #562 on: January 10, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »
>Shrug. "Eh, worth a shot askin'."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #563 on: January 10, 2013, 07:39:14 PM »
>Shrug. "Eh, worth a shot askin'."

>"Always is," she replies with a cheeky grin.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #564 on: January 10, 2013, 07:44:06 PM »
>"Wouldn't happen to know anyone who knows someone who might, would ya?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #565 on: January 10, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »
>"Wouldn't happen to know anyone who knows someone who might, would ya?"

>Chitsuki snickers. "'S'pose I asked for that. But really, you're better off askin' at one of the shrines or temples or that jazz - there's a few of 'em around here. Better than anythin' I could tell ya, that's for sure."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2013, 08:57:57 PM »
>Nod. "Somethin' to go on at least. They'll have to know to not try and jack this little treasure from me though, I worked my tail to the bone and then some on the job that got me this little gem, I ain't about to part with it anytime soon."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #567 on: January 10, 2013, 09:43:22 PM »
>Did we pass by any shinto-type places on our way here?
>If not, ask Bugs Bunny here about the closest one.

« Reply #568 on: January 11, 2013, 02:25:10 AM »
>Nod. "Somethin' to go on at least. They'll have to know to not try and jack this little treasure from me though, I worked my tail to the bone and then some on the job that got me this little gem, I ain't about to part with it anytime soon."

>"Heh." She gives you a toothy grin. "Finders-keepers is a time honored tradition around here."

>Did we pass by any shinto-type places on our way here?
>If not, ask Bugs Bunny here about the closest one.

>You did notice a modest torii back down towards the river district, though it was some distance away and you never investigated further. You expect you could find it again with little difficulty, if you wanted to.

« Reply #569 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:05 AM »
>About how long would it take us to get back there?