Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 47586 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #360 on: December 25, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
>But that chapter wouldn't be the kind of social/gather place for Seekers that it is in Braston, would it?

« Reply #361 on: December 25, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »
>But that chapter wouldn't be the kind of social/gather place for Seekers that it is in Braston, would it?

>You don't know exactly how the milieu compares to the one in Braston, but given that it serves the same core function, you expect that some sort of social culture would have solidified around this. Certainly there is an active body of Seekers that use this chapter as their base of operations.

« Reply #362 on: December 25, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
>Might behoove us to ask there if anyone's been out there, just in case.
>Do we know where it is?

« Reply #363 on: December 25, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
>Might behoove us to ask there if anyone's been out there, just in case.
>Do we know where it is?

>If it's anything like the one in Braston, a lot of information passes through it on a regular basis.
>You do. In fact you specifically looked this up when you examined a map of Val Razua earlier today.

« Reply #364 on: December 25, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
Now, this might be one of those 'Seeker's Insight' questions, but I'm gonna ask it in this format first, just in case.

>Based on what information we've been able to gather about Yuuka and her garden, do we feel we could find it ourself on our own? And if not, what approach would seem to be the most efficient method of finding it?

« Reply #365 on: December 25, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
>Based on what information we've been able to gather about Yuuka and her garden, do we feel we could find it ourself on our own? And if not, what approach would seem to be the most efficient method of finding it?

>You currently have very little information on the exact location of the garden, other than the broad region of wilderness in which it resides and a suggestion that it is fairly distant from the fairy village. While that may technically narrow it down a little, it still leaves a days-long swath of rough terrain that likely offers only limited visibility. Unless you find other clues along the way, you could easily expend many days searching without finding anything.
>If you wish suggestions on ways to improve those odds, you may spend an insight point.

« Reply #366 on: December 25, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
Since this would be the first time we've used one of these, I think I'd like a second opinion here. Does this seem like a good point at which to use a point towards this goal, or should we keep trying ourselves for a while yet?

« Reply #367 on: December 27, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
>"Part of the way might be good enough, if there's something distinctive I can use as a landmark, or landmarks, the rest of the way. Do you think they might know of anything like that? Or you, for that matter?"
>"Actually, have you heard of anyone here in town having been there before?"

« Reply #368 on: December 27, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »
>"Part of the way might be good enough, if there's something distinctive I can use as a landmark, or landmarks, the rest of the way. Do you think they might know of anything like that? Or you, for that matter?"
>"Actually, have you heard of anyone here in town having been there before?"

>"I don't know," she says. "Maybe? But... they might have just forgotten them, or gotten them all mixed up together. It... happens." She frowns a little.
>She shakes her head. "I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it at all before. I... don't think many people here know it exists."

« Reply #369 on: December 27, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »
>"Yeah, I kinda figured that. Seems to be one of those 'old legends', at best, this garden, at least around here."
>Wait a second here. If she know about that book with the blight information....
>Point our tail towards the library. "Think that Shuuei person might know if it was mentioned in a book in the library?"

« Reply #370 on: December 27, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »
>"Yeah, I kinda figured that. Seems to be one of those 'old legends', at best, this garden, at least around here."
>Wait a second here. If she know about that book with the blight information....
>Point our tail towards the library. "Think that Shuuei person might know if it was mentioned in a book in the library?"

>Dai hesitates a moment. "I'm... not sure it is old. At least, I don't think it was always there. I- I mean, of course it wasn't always there," she adds hastily. "It's just that I think some of my sisters had been there before it was there. At least, I think they may have."
>You think back to the library and the taciturn mistress thereof.
>The fairy's eyes follow your tail gesture with some note of surprise. "Miss Nozomikage? Well, she does know the collection really well, so maybe...."

« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2012, 07:39:59 PM »
>"Before it was there? Huh. I got the impression that it was one of those things that had been there for generations, type of things."

« Reply #372 on: December 27, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
>"Before it was there? Huh. I got the impression that it was one of those things that had been there for generations, type of things."

>"It... may have been," she replies, sagging slightly. "Maybe it was just hidden really well."

« Reply #373 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »
>"I'd believe that." Rotate neck. "A Seeker having to find something obscure and hidden for decades or centuries is just part of the territory."

« Reply #374 on: December 27, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
>"I'd believe that." Rotate neck. "A Seeker having to find something obscure and hidden for decades or centuries is just part of the territory."

>Dai nods and offer you a tentative look of sympathy; in the end, it comes off rather awkward looking. "I hope they're not all dangerous, at least?"

« Reply #375 on: December 27, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »
>A fairy looking genuinely sympathetic, or trying her damdest. Suppress a grin. Now we've seen it all.
>Smile a somewhat weary smile. "Let's just say that I'm due for an easy one. I'm hoping one comes up once I get back home, when this job is over."

« Reply #376 on: December 27, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
>A fairy looking genuinely sympathetic, or trying her damdest. Suppress a grin. Now we've seen it all.
>Smile a somewhat weary smile. "Let's just say that I'm due for an easy one. I'm hoping one comes up once I get back home, when this job is over."

>You try to stifle a grin. If any of it slips through, Dai at least gives no indication of noticing.
>"I hope so too," she says. "I'm sorry I haven't really been very helpful with this...."

« Reply #377 on: December 28, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »
>"Well, there is still one thing I think you can tell me definitively. How well do the fairies in the village take to strangers? The last time I stumbled across a fairy village, I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms."

« Reply #378 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:41 AM »
>"Well, there is still one thing I think you can tell me definitively. How well do the fairies in the village take to strangers? The last time I stumbled across a fairy village, I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms."

>Dai frowns. "Well, Regal Ivy might try to boss you back across the lake, but she doesn't mean any harm by it; that's just her way of showing off. Most of them will probably just be curious and excited... or try to hide, maybe - we don't get many 'big people' there, you see." She fidgets. "You... may want to keep a close eye on your pockets, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »
Have we asked her anything about Isir's Cross? I suspect that'd be a good data hub for that region.

« Reply #380 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »
We haven't, but I didn't think it was necessary to ask her about the place. It's still manned, so we should be able to glean info from there without pestering Dai about it.

>How thief-proof is our pack and/or pockets?

« Reply #381 on: December 28, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
>How thief-proof is our pack and/or pockets?

>There is nothing particularly special about either of those things which would prevent other people from sticking their hands inside, but you're pretty perceptive; it would take a rather deft pickpocket to slip something out without you noticing, you think. And while fairies may have very flexible definitions of property, they're also not usually very subtle.

« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
>Have we ever been pickpocketed? And if so, how badly did we shank the fool who did it?

« Reply #383 on: December 28, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »
>Have we ever been pickpocketed? And if so, how badly did we shank the fool who did it?

>A small part of your Seeker training involved defense against pickpocketing and one of the senior Seekers in particular was fond of delivering surreptitious 'alertness exams'. Finding your keys inexplicably absent was practically a rite of passage and even you were not exempt from this. You did, however, only fail a single time - an extremely good showing compared to most of your peers.
>Outside of this, you've had more than one fairy try to brazenly rummage through your possessions - who hasn't? - though none of them ever got very far. Well, unless you count the little munchkin who ran off with your birthday cheese wheel a few years back, though it wasn't exactly in your pocket at the time. Even now, you can still feel the hint of a scowl cross your face as you recall the cold fury with which you pried its remains from her traumatized form. It was Spiced Havalan. Spiced Havalan! And it was delicious. Anyway....
>The only case of real pickpocketing that you were ever victim to happened while on a brief job off-island, during your apprenticeship. Even this did not occur without you noticing, but the thief had chosen her time well - in the middle of a minor riot - and your attempt to give chase was interrupted by the sudden need to evade an inexplicably airborne wheelbarrow. The thief slipped away during the ensuing dogpile and by the time you had extricated yourself from it, was long gone. You did spend some time searching for her afterward, of course, more on principal than for need of the 14 guilders she pilfered, but the logistics of ferry and exam schedules forced you back to Braston unsatisfied.

« Reply #384 on: December 28, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »
>Update quest log: Find that theif and stab her in the eye. Twice.
>"Thanks for the warning. But so long as there isn't another resident fairy who think herself a hero with a sword, I should be okay."

« Reply #385 on: December 28, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
>Update quest log: Find that theif and stab her in the eye. Twice.
>"Thanks for the warning. But so long as there isn't another resident fairy who think herself a hero with a sword, I should be okay."

>While you might get a certain grim satisfaction from giving that pickpocket her due, the honest truth is that you don't think you'd even be able to identify her after all this time.
>Dai frowns uncertainly. "'Another' one?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #386 on: December 28, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
>"Let's just say that there's a few fairies I've run across that are prone to flights of fancy in that vein."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #387 on: December 28, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »
>Oh, we'll find a way.
>"I met an ice fairy with a big attitude back home. It's a long story." Pause then grin wryly. "Still don't know where she got that sword."

« Reply #388 on: December 28, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »
>Oh, we'll find a way.

>Sure, add another unlikely target to seek for. Not like there's any shortage of them these days....

>"Let's just say that there's a few fairies I've run across that are prone to flights of fancy in that vein."
>"I met an ice fairy with a big attitude back home. It's a long story." Pause then grin wryly. "Still don't know where she got that sword."

>"Oh dear," the fairy says in a fretful tone. "I hope nobody got hurt?"

« Reply #389 on: December 28, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »
>Wave our hand. "Nah, everything worked out pretty well. Even gave that fairy what she was looking for, too." Pause. "Well, more or less."