Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 6)  (Read 45975 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 6)
« Reply #540 on: November 21, 2011, 02:33:54 AM »
>Give Momoka an understanding and sympathetic look. Not everyone's cut out to handle fairys, after all. "The kind that likes to stay undergound."
>Louder, "Look, if you give me back the crate, and whatever bottles you have left, I'll tell you how to help that sick feeling go away faster."

>"That's boring," the fairy replies. Momoko looks uncertain of how she should take this.
>"...s'my treasure," you hear Dandelion mumble. "Found it... fair and square..."

« Reply #541 on: November 21, 2011, 02:55:23 AM »
>"Some treasure likes to stay at home."
>Loudly, "Well, no, it isn't. It belongs to someone else. Someone who's a lot louder than me. And if she doesn't get her stuff back, that sick feeling of yours is only gonna worse."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #542 on: November 21, 2011, 03:00:59 AM »
I got an idea guys, it's a bit mean. But it might just work.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #543 on: November 21, 2011, 03:36:43 AM »
Lesse if Dandelion agrees to give the stuff back first. If not, then, maybe a little meanness might be called for.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #544 on: November 21, 2011, 03:49:18 AM »
It'll get it back for sure, all it takes is a little cleverness.
And it wouldn't be too far from the truth, as when she's got no booze to chug, she won't get the hangover anymore.

See, my idea was that we'd tell little ol' dandy there that the stuff in the crate's got a curse that not many can resist, and she got a pretty bad dose of it, and that it'll only get worse the longer she's got the stuff around.
But if she hands it over to us to give it to the proper owner, it'll fade eventually.

...Come to think of it, that's a pretty apt description of what booze is period.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #545 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »
As an old irishman at heart, I feel the need to say "Oi! How dare ya!" Sour likes his whiskey.

That said, however, your average fairy would probably buy that story. If my last command doesn't work, then I say sure, give it a bash. Sounds like a good idea.

« Reply #546 on: November 21, 2011, 04:19:51 AM »
>"Some treasure likes to stay at home."

>"But treasure's supposed to be found, isn't it?" the fairy says. "That's why it was buried, right?"
>"I- I'm not treasure," Momoko blurts out. "I'm just a used book merchant with a large cellar..."
>The fairy looks a bit disappointed.

>Loudly, "Well, no, it isn't. It belongs to someone else. Someone who's a lot louder than me. And if she doesn't get her stuff back, that sick feeling of yours is only gonna worse."

>The fairy outside lets out a little gasp. "The treasure was cursed?!"
>You hear a faint groan from Dandelion.

« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2011, 04:34:50 AM »
*grin*
Hanzo, would you care to do the honors?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #548 on: November 21, 2011, 04:43:05 AM »
....Or the fairy could make a surprisingly smart conclusion. :derp:
I never thought ol' dandy would make that guess. Helps us though.

>"In a way, there's a rare few that can resist it though. Sadly, fairies aren't among it. If anything, they feel it worse than most."
>Walk up to closer so they can see us better, and grimace exaggeratedly, yet in a believable way. "And it's only gonna get worse, I've been there before. Wasn't fun at all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #549 on: November 21, 2011, 05:08:50 AM »
>"In a way, there's a rare few that can resist it though. Sadly, fairies aren't among it. If anything, they feel it worse than most."
>Walk up to closer so they can see us better, and grimace exaggeratedly, yet in a believable way. "And it's only gonna get worse, I've been there before. Wasn't fun at all."

>"Oh no!" the fairy cries, putting her hands to her cheeks in exaggerated display of dismay.
>You walk closer to Dandelion's house, though you have no idea if this will help Dandelion see you from inside it - you don't see her in the window, at any rate - and recount the pains of excessive drunkenness. Man, that feels like way more than a week ago now... The fairy's frown deepens to an almost comical degree.
>"You just... want it for yourself," Dandelion groans.

« Reply #550 on: November 21, 2011, 05:40:04 AM »
>"I'm trying to help you. And if you don't let me get that... treasure, back to where it belongs, then you're only gonna feel worse and worse. But, if you give me the box, and everything left that was inside it, and you say you're sorry to this nice lady for damaging her roof, then you'll be curse-free, and be feeling better before the end of the day."

« Reply #551 on: November 21, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »
>"I'm trying to help you. And if you don't let me get that... treasure, back to where it belongs, then you're only gonna feel worse and worse. But, if you give me the box, and everything left that was inside it, and you say you're sorry to this nice lady for damaging her roof, then you'll be curse-free, and be feeling better before the end of the day."

>"...'s a trick," Dandelion says.
>"It's cursed! The treasure's all cursed!" the other fairy cries suddenly, then takes to the air and barrels through the woods. "We're dooooomed!" The final syllable trails loudly in her wake. Man, she's got some lung capacity for a little thing...
>Dandelion moans pitiably.

« Reply #552 on: November 21, 2011, 06:19:15 AM »
Fairy stubbornness is starting to wear on me.
Unless someone has a better idea, I say we threaten her with something like "Either you can let me help you, or I kick down your door and do it FOR you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2011, 06:22:57 AM »
I think it would help if we just talked louder. A bit at a time.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2011, 06:23:07 AM »
For a fairy, Dandelion's pretty stubborn, might need to knock the idea into her head.
Either figuratively or literally, situation depending.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #555 on: November 21, 2011, 06:32:33 AM »
For her door's sake, she'd better come around soon. I for one didn't crawl through all those tunnels to be thwarted by Fairy stubborn.

>A little louder. "Is not! I help people! I get things to where they need to be, where they'll be safe. And where fairys will be safe from nasty headaches and upset tummies and curses of..." Take a deep breath. "DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

« Reply #556 on: November 21, 2011, 07:00:01 AM »
>A little louder. "Is not! I help people! I get things to where they need to be, where they'll be safe. And where fairys will be safe from nasty headaches and upset tummies and curses of..." Take a deep breath. "DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

>You raise you voice a bit and try to explain your position in simple terms. And then you positively belt out a final dire warning.
>"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!" Dandelion cries out miserably, her voice ringing in stereo with your own shout. Even Momoka cringes a little.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: November 21, 2011, 07:04:43 AM »
>"SEE?"

« Reply #558 on: November 21, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
>"SEE?"

>"I- If I give you a bottle..." she groans pitiably, "...will you... go away?"

« Reply #559 on: November 21, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »
>"NOT IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY. IT HAS TO BE EVERYTHING THAT'S LEFT, OR ELSE."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #560 on: November 21, 2011, 07:47:21 AM »
>Can we get closer? Let's get closer.

« Reply #561 on: November 21, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
>Can we get closer? Let's get closer.

>You can still get a little closer. You move right up next to the door.

>"NOT IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY. IT HAS TO BE EVERYTHING THAT'S LEFT, OR ELSE."

>And then you scream at it. Dandelion makes a noise like she were being strangled and then seems almost to start sobbing.
>"J- just take it..." she moans. "...meanie..."
>Momoka frowns.

« Reply #562 on: November 21, 2011, 08:14:37 AM »
>Glance at Momoka, and say, quietly. "I know, it seems mean, but, it's for the best. This way, she won't be hungover again."
>Try the door.
>If it's unlocked, open it quietly and look for the crate.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: November 21, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
>Try to keep as quiet as our church-dwelling brethren, and assess things inside once we get inside.

« Reply #564 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »
>Glance at Momoka, and say, quietly. "I know, it seems mean, but, it's for the best. This way, she won't be hungover again."

>Momoka gives you a dubious frown and her eyes glance towards the window. "But... still...."

>Try the door.
>If it's unlocked, open it quietly and look for the crate.
>Try to keep as quiet as our church-dwelling brethren, and assess things inside once we get inside.

>You try the door and find it unlocked, so you open it as quietly as you can. A potent bouquet of wine strikes you the moment you do so, detectable even from outside but strikingly so without a door in the way; you're fairly certain there's more than one bottle involved here. You have to duck a little to make it past the door frame and your head rubs against the ceiling as you enter, but you make it inside without being too uncomfortable.
>The interior of the home is a one-room affair, decorated in a rustic style. There is a small table and pantry in one corner, and a bed and dresser in another. You note a yellow hard hat and small mining pick hung on a wooden peg against the wall near the entrance, along with a pair of bright rubber boots, a small green satchel, and other assorted minutia. On the table are several uncorked bottles in dark green and red glass; from here it is difficult to determine how empty they are. The case itself is not hard to find in the small space, however. You spot it resting text to the table, its top removed along with a decent chunk of its contents, at least assuming it was full in the first place.
>There is a large lump underneath the bed sheets; it seems to be groaning.

« Reply #565 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
>Take the top of the crate and pass it out to Momoka. Whisper, "Hold this, please."
>As quietly as possible, recork all the bottles that seem full, place them in the crate.
>Is there any trace of that flowery scent in here?

« Reply #566 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
>Take the top of the crate and pass it out to Momoka. Whisper, "Hold this, please."
>As quietly as possible, recork all the bottles that seem full, place them in the crate.
>Is there any trace of that flowery scent in here?

>Momoka elected not to follow you in, so you take the lid of the crate and quietly step outside again to hand it to her. She accepts it with a slightly puzzled expression.
>"Um, ok," she responds, holding the lid like she isn't quite sure if she's expected to be doing anything with it.

>You head back inside. Quickly surveying the open bottles, you find that not a one of them is full and a couple are entirely empty.
>The house does distinctly have that same scent that you detected in the tunnels. If it's not coming from Dandelion herself, then it's probably something else around her person.

« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:03 AM »
>My jar, this fairy can pack it away.
>Take a moment to trace the smell. Quietly, of course. We're not trying to badger the poor fairy anymore.

« Reply #568 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
>My jar, this fairy can pack it away.
>Take a moment to trace the smell. Quietly, of course. We're not trying to badger the poor fairy anymore.

>It's actually a little frightening, though you suppose she has had some time to work on it. But it's no wonder she's suffering.
>You try to pin down the scent. It's fairly well-spread throughout the dwelling, but you do suspect it's coming from the fairy herself - probably either perfume or her natural scent; fairies often smell a little like the various parts of nature they're attuned to. In fact, now that you think of it, there is sort of a hint of dandelions to it.

« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »
>Hmmm. So Honey smelled like Honey?
>Approach Dandelion as quietly as her floorboards will allow, and kneel by her bedside. Whisper, "Before I leave, would you mind if I asked you one more question?"
>If she acquesces, "Did you leave a blue ribbon in that tunnel?"