Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 9 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 155641 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 9 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: May 04, 2017, 06:06:36 PM »
> So all the soldiers are down now?
> If so, check over to where Mitsu and the shrine maiden were to make sure they're okay.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #541 on: May 04, 2017, 06:09:15 PM »
> So all the soldiers are down now?
> If so, check over to where Mitsu and the shrine maiden were to make sure they're okay.

>It seems like.
>Mitsu seems to be peaking around the rear corner of the shrine.  You don't see the maiden.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #542 on: May 04, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »
> Is the jet taking any damage?
> Fly around the battlefield, giving it a sufficiently wide berth as to avoid stray bullets, and toward Mitsu.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #543 on: May 04, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
> Is the jet taking any damage?
> Fly around the battlefield, giving it a sufficiently wide berth as to avoid stray bullets, and toward Mitsu.

>Not yet, the danmaku doesn't seem to be strong enough or the proper kind to affect physical things. It also seems the two are moving away from it, and more toward open fields.
>You make your way toward Mitsu, taking your time to pick your way around the stray bullets. Thankfully, most of them are running out of power before they reach you.
>The kappa looks over at you and says, "Wow, she's good."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #544 on: May 04, 2017, 06:18:42 PM »
> Grin.
> Watch the battle.
> "The best the Scarlet Devil Mansion had, even when she had less control than she does now. Did the shrine maiden head inside?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #545 on: May 04, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »
> Grin.
> Watch the battle.
> "The best the Scarlet Devil Mansion had, even when she had less control than she does now. Did the shrine maiden head inside?"

>"She, um, went around back," says Mitsu. "So maybe?"
>You hear the distinctive sound of a spellcard shattering above.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #546 on: May 04, 2017, 06:24:06 PM »
> Look up above to make sure Flan is okay. (If we can't see around the building, maneuver so we can.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #547 on: May 04, 2017, 06:28:45 PM »
> Look up above to make sure Flan is okay. (If we can't see around the building, maneuver so we can.)

>You look up and see that Iratsume's spellcard has broken. However, Flandre's has clearly taken quite a beating. Frankly you expect it to run out shortly, anyways.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #548 on: May 04, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
> Keep watching while still speaking to Mitsu.
> "My apologies that this has befallen the two of you."

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #549 on: May 04, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »
>"That cow youkai woman right there is the general of Haihan's troops."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #550 on: May 04, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
> Keep watching while still speaking to Mitsu.
> "My apologies that this has befallen the two of you."

>Iratsume sets herself to trying to fight back on her own for the time being. It seems she's gotten at least something of a feel for Flandre's pattern by now.
>"Oh, thanks," says Mitsu. "Don't worry, this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened."

>"That cow youkai woman right there is the general of Haihan's troops."

>"Yeah, I get the feeling they were, um,  expecting Sachiko?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #551 on: May 04, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
> "It would seem so. They certainly wouldn't the only ones we have encountered today that were. Regardless, the Young Mistress wishes to take care of this by herself, and unless Miss Otari is several levels higher than Miss Takusan on the combat scale, I imagine she will do so. If you would not mind, please tend to the shrine maiden to help calm her down while I keep watch."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #552 on: May 04, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »
>One can modify their spellcards if they wish correct ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #553 on: May 04, 2017, 07:35:26 PM »
> "It would seem so. They certainly wouldn't the only ones we have encountered today that were. Regardless, the Young Mistress wishes to take care of this by herself, and unless Miss Otari is several levels higher than Miss Takusan on the combat scale, I imagine she will do so. If you would not mind, please tend to the shrine maiden to help calm her down while I keep watch."

>"Oh, I'm fine," comes the Shrine Maiden's voice from around the corner. "Do you two want to get out of the rain?"

>One can modify their spellcards if they wish correct ?

>Depends on the card and what you are plotting to do. Many have some wiggle room in terms of aiming and the like. However, straight up altering a card can be difficult and time consuming, and would probably require approve of...probably a Hakurei Maiden? You don't know how it works anymore.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #554 on: May 04, 2017, 07:36:16 PM »
> Where'd Flan's umbrella wind up?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »
> Where'd Flan's umbrella wind up?

>She still has it.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #556 on: May 04, 2017, 07:40:06 PM »
> "If I can still watch the battle from wherever we go, then that would be fine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2017, 07:51:02 PM »
> "If I can still watch the battle from wherever we go, then that would be fine."

>"Well I can see just fine," says the shrine maiden.
>As you observe, Iratsume manages to land a few hits on Flandre, breaking her card and prompting her to immediately reply with rings of bullets that forces the general back.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #558 on: May 04, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »
> "All right."
> Head toward the shrine maiden's voice.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: May 04, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
> "All right."
> Head toward the shrine maiden's voice.

>You find her sitting on the edge of the porch on the opposite side of the shrine. The view here is not as good, but it is certainly drier.
>Iratsume declares a new spellcard, but you can't quite hear what it is. It does seem to involve summoning a lot of diagonal shots from left, through.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #560 on: May 04, 2017, 08:01:04 PM »
> Have a seat ourselves.
> Nothing we can do but wait this out. Let the spellcard battle proceed onward until a winner is decided or either Mitsu or the shrine maiden prompts us for conversation.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: May 04, 2017, 08:12:49 PM »
> Have a seat ourselves.
> Nothing we can do but wait this out. Let the spellcard battle proceed onward until a winner is decided or either Mitsu or the shrine maiden prompts us for conversation.

>The three of you watch as Iratsume and Flandre continue to trade blows. Flandre is definitely more agile of the two of them, but Iratsume seems to be able take some significant punishment before being forced into making her next move. Flandre  makes her way through most of Iratsume's card before pulling another of her one; you recognize it as Cranberry Trap. This gives Iratsume a fair amount of difficulty, she has a hard time with attacks from all sides. Still she manages to power through a lot of it before declaring a third card. This one seems to involve trapping its target between two walls of bullets and forcing them to dodge large shots that leave wakes of bullets which uncurl into flak that litters the field. Flandre has some trouble with this, but soon gets a feel for it.
>You hear approaching footsteps. Glancing over, you can see the last soldier returning. She doesn't seem to be taking any kind of offensive stance, instead watching the battle above.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #562 on: May 04, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »
>Can we determine the soldier's species ?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #563 on: May 04, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
> If Flandre is somehow defeated, would it be proper form for us to surrender as well, or would we be allowed to have a go at Iratsume?
> Given the soldier a small, casual smile and beckon her over to us.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:28:50 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #564 on: May 04, 2017, 08:40:01 PM »
>Can we determine the soldier's species ?

>She seems human...no wait, part youkai, now that you look closer.

> If Flandre is somehow defeated, would it be proper form for us to surrender as well, or would we be allowed to have a go at Iratsume?
> Given the soldier a small, casual smile and beckon her over to us.

>That would be up to you.
>"Don't suppose you're gonna surrender if the general wins, are you?" says the soldier as she comes to join you.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #565 on: May 04, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
>"Surrendering would interfere on the affairs i must do, and they are very important ones, i can't just let myself be taken prisoner because i cannot satisfy the demands of someone that isn't even of this village."

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #566 on: May 04, 2017, 08:49:01 PM »
Oh, well, okay then.

> Gesture to somewhere on the porch where the soldier could reasonably sit down.
> "In the interest of fairness, however, I would have no objections if you wished to join her in a hypothetical battle against me."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:53:22 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #567 on: May 04, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »
>"Surrendering would interfere on the affairs i must do, and they are very important ones, i can't just let myself be taken prisoner because i cannot satisfy the demands of someone that isn't even of this village."

>"Oh well, figured it would be worth a shot."

> Gesture to somewhere on the porch where the soldier could reasonably sit down.
> "In the interest of fairness, however, I would have no objections if you wished to join her in a hypothetical battle against me."

>The soldier is all too happy to take you up on this offer.
>"Probably have to," says the soldier. "Unless she tells me to stand down, anyways."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #568 on: May 04, 2017, 08:58:46 PM »
> Resume watching the fight.
> "Truth be told, I did consider surrendering, since I knew ourselves to be innocent. But I couldn't trust that I would not have my possessions confiscated."
> Give Yuki a small grin.
> "And, well, honestly, I'm still a little miffed over having to thwart Miss Takusan's attempts to loot my property."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: May 04, 2017, 09:01:39 PM »
> Resume watching the fight.
> "Truth be told, I did consider surrendering, since I knew ourselves to be innocent. But I couldn't trust that I would not have my possessions confiscated."
> Give Yuki a small grin.
> "And, well, honestly, I'm still a little miffed over having to thwart Miss Takusan's attempts to loot my property."

>"Wait, you met the one woman army?" says the soldier, raising an eyebrow.

>_