Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 9 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 156138 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 9 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2017, 05:03:08 AM »
> "Indeed."

>"How about you?" says Iratsume, looking toward the Shrine Maiden.
>"Well, erm. I've never actually seen anything like this?" She says, shifting nervously. "I can vouch for Mitsu, I've seen her before..."
>The General frowns.  "Hm."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »
>Look at Flan.

« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »
>"We were planning to leave this region in the flying chariot presently. We have no intention to cause trouble in the Daimyo's realm and apologise for any custom we have unknowingly breached."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #393 on: May 03, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
>"We were planning to leave this region in the flying chariot presently. We have no intention to cause trouble in the Daimyo's realm and apologise for any custom we have unknowingly breached."

> Hold up on this.

The sentiment is appreciated, but this is a whole bunch of stuff that Iratsume either doesn't want or doesn't need to hear without actually addressing her immediate major concern at all, and will cause a lot of unnecessary problems as a result. Best to let her lead the conversation and tell her only about things she directly asks about.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #394 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
>Look at Flan.

>Flandre seems to be about as concerned about this whole as you are, though clearly not hiding as well. She gives you a small frown.

> Hold up on this.

>You decide it may be best not volunteer anything at this point.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #395 on: May 03, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »
> Look back to Iratsume.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2017, 03:53:37 PM »
> Look back to Iratsume.

>"Let's keep going," says Iratsume. "Just what happened on that mountain?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #397 on: May 03, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
> "We had an amicable conversation wherein the purpose for our visit was addressed. It concluded, so we returned here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »
> "We had an amicable conversation wherein the purpose for our visit was addressed. It concluded, so we returned here."

>"And that's all?" she says. "Nothing else?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »
> "Well, it was unrelated and unintentional, but I had a minor dustup with an uwabami and a manticore that seemed intent on eating me. Their pride aside, however, no one was injured."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »
> "Well, it was unrelated and unintentional, but I had a minor dustup with an uwabami and a manticore that seemed intent on eating me. Their pride aside, however, no one was injured."

>"Okay, so the story's changed now," says Iratsume. "What else happened that you aren't telling me about?"
>The periodic rain is starting to become the lightest of drizzles.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "My apologies, I had not brought that up previously because it was not part of my purpose for traveling here. If you are looking for absolutely everything, then I suppose I should mention that I first stopped at a tavern at a nearby town to ask directions, where I also had a meal. The woman whom I presume was the proprietress there pointed me toward the local shrine maiden, who then pointed me toward the mountain. The encounter with the uwabami and the manticore happened on the mountain, and was an unexpected result of my asking them where our monk friend lived."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #402 on: May 03, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
Think she is here to find our two spying tengu ?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #403 on: May 03, 2017, 05:00:01 PM »
It is possible. I am actively avoiding saying anything that would lead the squad in their direction out of concern for their safety.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #404 on: May 03, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "My apologies, I had not brought that up previously because it was not part of my purpose for traveling here. If you are looking for absolutely everything, then I suppose I should mention that I first stopped at a tavern at a nearby town to ask directions, where I also had a meal. The woman whom I presume was the proprietress there pointed me toward the local shrine maiden, who then pointed me toward the mountain. The encounter with the uwabami and the manticore happened on the mountain, and was an unexpected result of my asking them where our monk friend lived."

>The general nods, then says, "Yuki, go check out the tea house, and make sure that the story matches up."
>She then looks back to you, as one of the soldiers runs off and Flandre moves closer to you to put her parasol over the both of you. "So, There's some monk up on the mountain now?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #405 on: May 03, 2017, 05:03:36 PM »
> Nod.
> "I don't know how long she has been there, but she is there now, yes. Also, for what it is worth regarding the tea house, I ordered meat buns and herbal tea, and Miss Scarlet ordered green tea."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 05:05:18 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #406 on: May 03, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
> Nod.
> "I don't know how long she has been there, but she is there now, yes. Also, for what it is worth regarding the tea house, I ordered meat buns and herbal tea, and Miss Scarlet ordered green tea."

>"That's nice, but tell me more about this monk, because this is news to me," says Iratsume.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #407 on: May 03, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
For the record, this may eventually get to Iratsume asking where she is, and if she asks, we have to answer truthfully. It'll suck for Aka and Ao, but they'll almost invariably see any squads coming and scarper. Aya wouldn't hire no layabouts.

> "Her name is Kyouko Kasodani, and she is a yamabiko of the Hijiri Temple. I must confess that we were only really passing acquaintances before today, so I do not really know all that much about her."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #408 on: May 03, 2017, 05:16:20 PM »
Yeah, we can only pray for her to miss it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #409 on: May 03, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »
> "Her name is Kyouko Kasodani, and she is a yamabiko of the Hijiri Temple. I must confess that we were only really passing acquaintances before today, so I do not really know all that much about her."

>"Now, I want to get this straight," says Iratsume. "You come here, on that flying cart, and go right to Funsai Mountain, to meet someone who's a passing acquaintance."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #410 on: May 03, 2017, 05:27:27 PM »
> How are we feeling on energy for stepping out of time?
> "She is more than a casual acquaintance with Miss Scarlet, however, as the two hail from the same Temple."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 05:31:47 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #411 on: May 03, 2017, 05:40:48 PM »
>"They haven't seen each other in a while, so it was a nice visit to do."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #412 on: May 03, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
> How are we feeling on energy for stepping out of time?
> "She is more than a casual acquaintance with Miss Scarlet, however, as the two hail from the same Temple."

>"They haven't seen each other in a while, so it was a nice visit to do."

>You can do a bit, but it would be unwise to push it for awhile.
>"Ah," says Iratsume, glancing toward Flandre.
>"She's been roving the countryside for awhile now," says Flandre. "Seeking further enlightenment on her own."
>"Hm, okay," says Iratsume. "So what did you two come to visit her about, then? Sounds pretty urgent, given everything else we've gone over."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
> "Our visit itself was mostly social and not really urgent per se, we are simply not too terribly afraid of curses. That, and it would not do to impose on Lady Yasaka for too much longer than is necessary, but we were already traveling around in the chariot, and such an opportunity is rare for Miss Scarlet."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 05:50:29 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »
>What time is it ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #415 on: May 03, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »
> "Our visit itself was mostly social and not really urgent per se, we are simply not too terribly afraid of curses. That, and it would not do to impose on Lady Yasaka for too much longer than is necessary, but we were already traveling around in the chariot, and such an opportunity is rare for Miss Scarlet."

>"So just why did Yasaka let you borrow this thing?" says Iratsume. "Because I don't think she'd have running around at random in mind."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #416 on: May 03, 2017, 06:32:18 PM »
>"I also have my own set of personal tasks to accomplish, for which she granted me use of it to travel around Gensokyo."

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »
>"I also have my own set of personal tasks to accomplish, for which she granted me use of it to travel around Gensokyo."

> Don't say this.

The jet is a big friggin' deal that Kanako doesn't lend out lightly, and Iratsume knows it. This will be met with a lot of suspicion.

Give me a moment, I'm reviewing that encounter and will have something proper written up shortly.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2017, 06:57:01 PM »
Ohoho, looking back on it, I suspect Kanako lent us the jet when we expressed an interest in 'investigating' Teru. That sure as hell won't fly here!

Okay, time for some bullshitting. This is at least based on our experiences and kind of sort of half of the truth, so it should be passable enough unless they have a mind reader present (and if they do, then all of this has been for naught anyway).

> Give a slight bemused smile.
> "To tell you the truth, I'm not 100% sure myself. It seemed a bit overkill to me, but I was not about to refuse the offer."
> "Anyway, one of Lady Yasaka's fellow Diet members, Sir Ector was with her when I first encountered them, and I offered to deliver a message from him to his son, whom I had just discovered was in True Glorian, an apparently-recent addition to Gensokyo, far to the southwest of the main Hakurei Shrine. The flight is fairly long, but hardly impossible. I suppose they lent me the chariot in order to expedite the trip, though. Perhaps that, and a combination of doing me a social favor when I had mentioned I had never been to such far-off places as Haihan, Enkyo, or Tsunkeido. While I am not aware if they were ever close allies, Lady Yasaka has known the Scarlet family for quite some time, so it is not impossible that she looks favorably upon me."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #419 on: May 03, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
Well we saw the soldiers relax some, so that is an good sign for us, we also did not notice any satoris either.