Author Topic: [challenge] Kaguya's next Impossible Request (ended)  (Read 13504 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: [challenge] Kaguya's next Impossible Request (ended)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
precious RL gift
Oh, you've finally decided to become my waifu, Helepolis?
I knew that your heart could not resist my charms for long.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 01:40:02 PM »
Kaguya will become your waifu.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
Guess I missed out. You need to do more of these. :V
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »
Guess I missed out. You need to do more of these. :V
You'll never know when the trolling Inabas strike. So try to keep an eye on them and you might receive some luck or happiness.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »
Well, I guess I enjoyed the challenge while it lasted. When's the next one? A surprise?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »
Well, I guess I enjoyed the challenge while it lasted. When's the next one? A surprise?
I guess next will be "the trial of guts" :)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »
@Kyuu, I am not a rich man. I cannot sent a RL gift to someone on a weekly base :V (I would be ruined very fast).

@MMX, trial of guts. I like the sound of that. Maybe do Fujiyama Volcano time out on the top of the screen or something, who knows.

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
@Kyuu, I am not a rich man. I cannot sent a RL gift to someone on a weekly base :V (I would be ruined very fast).

@MMX, trial of guts. I like the sound of that. Maybe do Fujiyama Volcano time out on the top of the screen or something, who knows.

Trial of guts? How about timing out all of Eirin's attacks on normal mode? OR best of yet, get a high total of graze?
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 05:45:16 PM »
Or survive TD normal stage 6 no deaths no bombs pacifist. Just the stage part :D
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
Or survive TD normal stage 6 no deaths no bombs pacifist. Just the stage part :D

That's too easy. Lunatic Mode *shot*

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:21 PM »
Awww, I missed the challenge.  Whyyyyyy did I have to miss it? :ohdear:  I probably could've done it, and gotten the fabulous prizes for myself.

*A few minutes later*

OH GOD WHY!?!??

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »
That's too easy. Lunatic Mode *shot*
No it's not - this is how it looks on easy. Try to do the same at least on normal :trollface:

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »
No it's not - this is how it looks on easy. Try to do the same at least on normal :trollface:

TD Stage 6 is easy... I can do it.  I'm just lazy too open up my th13e.

Zil

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 08:31:35 PM »
That's not very easy at all. I did do that on Normal a while ago because someone mentioned it once. Here's what it looks like.

Also, if I can offer my opinion on this Tewi challenge, I think the reason people didn't enjoy it is because it's to hard. I can understand choosing something impossible, but this card basically just kills you instantly regardless of the player's input, so it's not like you're really playing the game.
Spoiler:
Unless you do what I did but I don't think that counts.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
That's not very easy at all. I did do that on Normal a while ago because someone mentioned it once. Here's what it looks like.

Also, if I can offer my opinion on this Tewi challenge, I think the reason people didn't enjoy it is because it's to hard. I can understand choosing something impossible, but this card basically just kills you instantly regardless of the player's input, so it's not like you're really playing the game.
Spoiler:

I hate Tewi's last word. Died like 10 seconds on it  :derp:.Anyway, I guess your right. But yeah, since this request ended, I demand a more easier impossible request!

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
Spoiler:
Yes. You nailed it. Like, srsly, there is no way I can read that thing in a million years.

Oh, and TD stage 6 normal pacifist is pretty hard imo. I can't imagine what you'll have to do on higher difficulties.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
Here's what it looks like.
Ahaha. This is ridiculous, but at least humanly possible.

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »
Yes. You nailed it. Like, srsly, there is no way I can read that thing in a million years.

Oh, and TD stage 6 normal pacifist is pretty hard imo. I can't imagine what you'll have to do on higher difficulties.

Exactly, i was tempted to do it on lunatic...To which i got past the wave where its a mix of lasers (luck?)and streaming, but then lasers got me. However,  the wave with "green spirits" is impossible to pacify. Though it was a good attempt to try get past the bullet+laser.

Drake

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
lol at the people going "nooo i missed it" immediately after the end and the purpose being revealed, way to look the same as the people complaining of difficulty

In any case, I'm quite sure the point of this actually being such an immeasurably impossible challenge is to level the playing field between the good and less-good players. If the challenge was actually feasible in some way, the Lunatics would almost certainly be the ones to finish first, which isn't the actual point of making the challenge.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:46 AM »
I am not a rich man. I cannot sent a RL gift to someone on a weekly base :V (I would be ruined very fast :V

And that is why I am here. Anyway I didn't know about this until you told Pesco to look at Eirin and asked Durrmio for his address. If there is another one, I will gladly join. :V

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »
I did try this, but it ended miserably.
You should produce some more of these, Hele~
Not every challenge has to have a RL gift or whatnot, anyway.
People will still participate for fun!
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »
- 'I have no name' for conducting "scientific" research.  (IP)
I promise to abuse my nonexistent power in every way I can.

I didn't even realize this had a reward until after I got it.  Testing out the feasibility of this was actually pretty fun though.

"I'm doing science and I'm still alive..."

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
You should produce some more of these, Hele~
Not every challenge has to have a RL gift or whatnot, anyway.
People will still participate for fun!
I second this motion.  I gotta have more interesting things to do in Touhou than the generic "1cc" or "no death" achievement.  And prizes wouldn't really be necessary either, other than bragging rights. :derp:

Drake

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 12:31:11 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11767.0.html

??????????

Some of the challenges are just generic high-score challenges though.

At least it isn't the same every "week".

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2012, 02:22:07 AM »
Some of the challenges are just generic high-score challenges though.

At least it isn't the same every "week".

Let's make a list of challenges we'd like to see that aren't boring and generic  :)

Wishlist for coming special challenges:
-One horizontal movement direction restriction challenge with ReimuA in SA! Gap to move around the screen, this is basically no horizontal lite.
-UFO token gathering without summoning UFO's survival challenge! You lose if you summon a UFO, the one who gets the most tokens gathered wins, if equal amount, then it's determined by resources left, then score.

You-wishlist for special challenges:
-Max bombs used with minimal button presses challenge in SA with MarisaA! (requires you to use a keylogger to keep track of how many times you press buttons)
-Playing with eyes closed challenge! Rely on audio cues for survival. (Great if you're bored, go watch the replay file after you lose and laugh at yourself  :V )
-Don't use your hands for input challenge! Like Jaimers did in EoSD.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Zil

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2012, 02:29:32 AM »
-Playing with eyes closed challenge! Rely on audio cues for survival. (Great if you're bored, go watch the replay file after you lose and laugh at yourself  :V )
I think these two in particular make alot of sense if the goal is to "even the playing field" between lunatics and and easy mode players. They're sufficiently ridiculous to render previous experience far less relevent while still retaining a thread of feasibility.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 02:43:36 AM »
-One horizontal movement direction restriction challenge with ReimuA in SA! Gap to move around the screen, this is basically no horizontal lite.
-UFO token gathering without summoning UFO's survival challenge! You lose if you summon a UFO, the one who gets the most tokens gathered wins, if equal amount, then it's determined by resources left, then score.
-Max bombs used with minimal button presses challenge in SA with MarisaA! (requires you to use a keylogger to keep track of how many times you press buttons)

- No-focus Double Spoiler or Shoot the Bullet.
- SA using Reimu C, and cannot use the right-hand side of the screen.
- Can play any game on any difficulty, but must do so while listening to Tom Jones' "What's New Pussycat?" at full volume and on continuous loop.
- Play using only one hand.
- Play while reciting, from memory, the Gettysburg Address, over and over.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 02:54:09 AM »
For some silly special challenges:

- TD spellcard scoring. Define some certain cards to be played in spell practice and scored as much as possible. Why Ten Desires? Cause it has spell practice, and you can score not only by capturing card fast but also by farming grey spirits by being close to boss.

- lowest graze on stage. Define a certain stage from a certain game (except MoF). No matter of difficulty (of course all will choose easy) the player with lowest ammount of graze at the end of the stage wins. Bonus points of respect if it's done on normal or higher.

- play some touhou in windowed mode with your mouse and onscreen keyboard lol
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:01:47 AM by MMX »

Drake

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 03:40:24 AM »
- SA using Reimu C, and cannot use the right-hand side of the screen.
- play some touhou in windowed mode with your mouse and onscreen keyboard lol

These I like, except the latter is really boring.