Author Topic: A weird idea... Tales of Touhou  (Read 3718 times)

A weird idea... Tales of Touhou
« on: September 17, 2009, 03:01:28 PM »
I tend to watch a lot of Touhou (especially IaMP, SWR, and now UNL) and Tales series videos. Seeing some of these gave me a kooky idea.

Imagine if ZUN or Tasofro were to design a Touhou game that mimicked a game from the Tales franchise (i.e. Tales of Destiny). That would kick so much a**, IMO. Watching major characters of the Touhou cast like Reimu or Marisa landing huge team beatdowns and Mystic Artes on some big bad boss would be heavenly.

The very thought of Patchouli casting Indignation gives me goosebumps... Or of Youmu landing a Satsugeki Bukouken (Final Fury)... Or Mokou using Hien Messhoujin... that'd be amazing...

And then you'd have the skits. Skits in Tales have always been funny, so coupled with the humor found in Touhou, I don't think anyone would survive it without cracking a smile.

It'll probably never happen, but it's the thought that counts. Think this would be cool anyways?

Matsuri

Re: A weird idea... Tales of Touhou
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »
It'd be interesting, that's for sure.

I'd play it.

Drake

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:06:47 PM »
well i'm pretty much the greatest tales fan you'll come into contact with so

I do love the concept, and I love it every time someone comes up with it. (You're like the sixth or something IIRC) While it would be amazing, it's just not going to happen unless someone programs it themselves.

Which a few have tried and utterly failed. But yeah, 'twould be incredible.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
well i'm pretty much the greatest tales fan you'll come into contact with so

I do love the concept, and I love it every time someone comes up with it. (You're like the sixth or something IIRC) While it would be amazing, it's just not going to happen unless someone programs it themselves.

Which a few have tried and utterly failed. But yeah, 'twould be incredible.
I'm not surprised that some people might have tried it already. Still, the Tales series is obviously a beast to program properly (case in point: Vesperia), and getting a good story down would be really tricky.

Lol, I didn't know I was sixth in line. :-[