Author Topic: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over  (Read 23598 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day One
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
hey, so I just finished a Labyrinth of Touhou race (I won), check my replies and see this got responded to.  I have to go to bed in 20 minutes, so either Dan has 20 minutes to post or my vote ends the day on no one since there's no way I'll be up before deadline.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 03:45:09 AM »
Page 3 Votes
Now in full color

I have no name (2): PX, Omba
Serela (0):
Omba (0):
NekoNekoRex (1): ActionDan
ActionDan (3): NekoNekoRex, Dorian. G, Serela
PX (0):
Dorian G. (0):

Not voting: I have no name

With 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have ~8 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:47:48 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 03:59:33 AM »
Ahhhh I don't know what to think here I don't have any strong opinions on if anyone's scum but ActionDan might be so I can either hammer now then go to sleep or I can not vote and possibly be lynched while I go to sleep.  Obviously, to play to my wincon I need to do 2 things: lynch the scum, and survive.

With that in mind... I need another minute or 2 to try to organize my thoughts.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »
wait why hasn't dan posted when it's been that long, that's Not Good :c but but but, bah I'm too sleepy to wait and see if he ever posts or not

I got admonished and had to finish packing.  Now I'm back, and I'm absolutely livid now that I look to be lynched purely over my miller claim (with the exception of Dorian) 

I'm going to claim before anything else and ask IHNN do the same.

I'm a Necromancer.

Every night I place a mark on my target that lasts forever.  If anybody is killed in the night with the mark on them they will revive as a zombie the next night phase after the night they were killed (only works if target is town, and no one is alerted if I target them). 

Relevant flavor: Once an ordinary wizard, I thought it was a good idea to master the dark arts.  Now that I've mastered them, everyone fears me and assioicates me with any evil acts.  (super miller status is in a parenthetical).

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 04:02:47 AM »
Ahhhh I don't know what to think here I don't have any strong opinions on if anyone's scum but ActionDan might be so I can either hammer now then go to sleep or I can not vote and possibly be lynched while I go to sleep.  Obviously, to play to my wincon I need to do 2 things: lynch the scum, and survive.

With that in mind... I need another minute or 2 to try to organize my thoughts.

You can hammer away since this might as well be a scum claim from you.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2012, 04:03:44 AM »
Seriously that reads like "guys is it safe to hammer the mislynch now, guys?  I can do it? right guys?"

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2012, 04:07:07 AM »
I looked at your posts a few hours ago when I was rereading before I was kicked off and the post you voted me and unvoted me was a complete change of heart with NOTHING to back it up. 

##Unvote
##Vote IHNN

Gonna quote stuff.

If you still wanna pretend to be town I suggest not hammering before

Don't lynch me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »
Seriously that reads like "guys is it safe to hammer the mislynch now, guys?  I can do it? right guys?"
I was just trying to be cautious.
##Vote: ActionDan
but you know what, I forgot this was BM when i signed up and it's confusing me.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2012, 04:13:15 AM »
Inb4 flip

ActionDan

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2012, 04:19:31 AM »

But where to put it?  I'm not seeing anything that stands out for the wrong reasons as of yet, my gut is leaning towards Omba since I'm fine with Dan's wall, PX always lurks so no real problem yet, NekoNekoRex I see as leaning townie for trying to be as helpful to Dan as possible, and I guess I don't know what to think on Dorian either.  So ##Vote: Omba

ActionDan's wall, in light of his recent post feels like fluff throwing suspicion off him after the (likely?) inevitable N1 actions that will be taken.  I personally don't see any of the numbered points given or don't see a problem with them (aside #4)

Assuming the 'the wall' to be the first post, I fail to see anyway in which lambasting Neko for causally voting the other claimed miller for being a miller and ignoring everything else should change your opinion on the way I presented my miller claim itself.  The point you agreed with #4 is the most damning and yet it seems to not influence you much at all. 

At this point I would not be surprised at all if IHNN and NEko were the scum team.

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2012, 04:20:00 AM »
Final Votecount

I have no name (3): PX, Omba, ActionDan
Serela (0):
Omba (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
ActionDan (4): NekoNekoRex, Dorian. G, Serela, I have no name - LYNCH!
PX (0):
Dorian G. (0):

With 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

ActionDan put off chess updates for the last time on Day 1!

24 hours to send in night actions. Chop chop now.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Night One
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2012, 05:09:03 AM »
Well, we can post at night so I'll do just that. Here, have something slightly NSFW to spend the night with. (Goddamn that gel-booru wordfilter).

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2012, 05:17:14 AM »
Mod: Are questions to the mod allowed at night?
If so: Would Lylo / potential LyLo be announced?

Conqueror

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2012, 05:18:49 AM »
Mod: Are questions to the mod allowed at night?
Not if they're game related.
 :smug:

(Questions sent by PM are fine though, as always)

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2012, 06:37:13 AM »
We need Zakeri in here to write D1 lynch flavors

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:39 AM »
And I thought it would be enough when I come back before deadline.^^;

However, squad morale restored!
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two - Pseudo LYLO
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2012, 03:52:44 AM »
Dorian. G had his last dance during Night 1!

I have no name (0):
Serela (0):
Omba (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
PX (0):

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

You are now in Pseudo-LYLO.

You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:54:22 AM by Conqueror »

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
Two red flips and we're in Pseudo-Lylo.
Q1: Were those two actually scum? Both? One of them? None?
Q2: Is there any third party?

Is what I'm currently mulling over, but so far I haven't found any definite answer to either.
Furthermore, given that there's probably some insane roles, the Pseudo-Lylo could also come from someone of either alignment having a multi-kill-shot, or someone with a single-target-kill that didn't use it last night.

The main problem here is: I have as of yet no idea how to read the interactions between living and dead players when I don't know which of the dead ones was scum/town/third party.
Anyone got any idea about this?

(And just in case: No, if you think you might be the one that makes this Pseudo-Lylo and you're town, please don't claim now.)

I suppose if we can't find answers to this, we'll have to rely on the non-mod content only. Brb re-reading overdrive mode.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »
Oh, right. In case we have one-shot vig (i.e. someone that has used up his ability to kill Dorian and is now basically a vanilla townie), he should claim now. Again, don't claim now if you have shots remaining.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2012, 07:53:29 AM »
Mostly minor miffs about a few players not really sure who to vote atm

As before, Serela was all over the place yesterday. Not sure if that constitutes having the waffles or not, not too much reason for a vote
PX seemed like he was on the sidelines most of the last day, I didn't notice him getting too deep into discussion, which might be problematic.

All those red names don't tell much about what we're still up against, which is disappointing.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »
Since we're in LYLO we should consider doing a massclaim.

Seems jarring for D2, I know, but we only had 7 to begin with. Just a suggestion, wouldn't plan on actually implementing it unless there was a good bit of support behind having one, though.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
@mod Since it's Pseudo-Lylo, if we no lynch does that mean the game cannot end?

Conqueror

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
@mod Since it's Pseudo-Lylo, if we no lynch does that mean the game cannot end?
That would be MYLO, so no.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
I'm playing awfully this game, but entering LyLo (or a form of it) if we mis-lynched was why I was so hesitant to hammer.  Additionally, if you look at my play in Midnight Crew Mafia you'll notice I was hesitant to hammer there too.

I had to go 20 minutes before I hammered, had I had more time I would have had some discussion (and probably been lynched because I can't debate as well).

Only now did I notice the request to claim >.>  If people still want I can do that, if not then I'll wait until massclaim.  I will say I believe there's a multi-target killing role in the game though.

The point you agreed with #4 is the most damning and yet it seems to not influence you much at all.
Claims being the only reason didn't really influence me much because at that point there wasn't much else to go on.

but you know what, I forgot this was BM when i signed up and it's confusing me.
This still holds, but less so.  24 hours of no computer access gives you some time to think.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2012, 03:05:40 AM »
Okay, so, uh. I don't think I trust any sort of info that could be attempted to be gained from looking at the flips :V IMO, best we can do is treat this like a game where we don't get flips and scumhunt as we would there. (Oh god oh god oh god)

IHNN, we -are- in lylo, so... if you think you should claim, just go ahead and do it.

...okay any attempt by me to scumhunt is ruined by the fact that I can't make myself trust what we've got flipped at all. I'd love to be able to analyze what went on using flips, but... blah. Without that, so very little happened, considering two of the more existent players are already dead. I'm going to reread again.

Okay, regardless of flips, Dan is weird as fuck. His claiming went all over the place. It makes me want to trust Neko more due to him going after her, but then, like, what if it was a double gambit plan?! "Surely BOTH the millers who are trying to kill eachother aren't lying!" AUGH.

Okay. I'm starting to seriously consider massclaim again just to add something to go on here. Too little happened D1 for me to get any reads with untrustworthy flips.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2012, 03:19:56 AM »
Phone posting from birthday pool party

IHNN you never gave a reason why you switched to Dan when you did, so I still want that. As for mass claim, I would go with it since it is LyLo, but the pseudo makes me worried we might out the role that can ruin scum victory.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2012, 03:25:15 AM »
Cut by Serela
Uhhh, what?

Also
##Point giant foam finger with word "Suspision" at IHNN

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2012, 03:25:58 AM »
Is there anything you're suspicious about Serela?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2012, 03:33:42 AM »
I'm a Fireproof Townie.

I can't be primed as by an Arsonist, which is why I believe there's an arsonist in the game.

IHNN you never gave a reason why you switched to Dan when you did, so I still want that.
When I first saw the wall I didn't see anything wrong with it, but it didn't seem to add much.  Taking into account the second wall (which was exclusively ripping apart Neko and felt like fluff) the first wall felt similar.  Removing the walls as fluff, ActionDan didn't have much going for him, and had some going against him, so I switched.  Also partly Not Me over Me because getting lynched is something I try to avoid.

##Point giant foam finger with word "Suspision" at IHNN
##Wave giant foam hand with words "I expected that honestly" at PX

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2012, 03:38:17 AM »
What about Omba now? See anything with his response to the flips?

Also, you do Ape Escape runs?