Author Topic: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over  (Read 23601 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day One
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
I have no name has been prodded.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »
So we have two miller now? For the love of the immortal God-Emperor, are you kidding me? I have to consider it for a while but I have a hard time to believe that there are two millers in one setup, even when said setup is a bastard child of Conq and Dormio. Therefore I found it way more likely that one of you lied about the claim.

And to answer you question, yes, that worry came less from a town perspective and more from the general perspective of player who isn't too fund of surprises, sue me.

However, I spend a good while looking over your post and I still can't find anything conclusive. You bring up the possibility of two millers just to ignore it completely. Your opinion about the others say nothing at all and you vote me for wondering ?what else there is??. Tell me how is that scummy?
It's not that we have that much to work with but this is nothing but town colored fluff and noise and therefore ...

##unvote
##Vote: ActionDan

Oh dear, that took me forever ... um I mean, for the Emperor!
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »
Sorry for not having been around, yesterday was pretty busy and today isn't much better.  It all came up suddenly though so after today I should have more time for this.

Not sure what to think of the dual miller claims, I haven't been playing this long enough to know if that means anything.  Just going to treat it as null then for both because anything can happen with this setup.  I mean, it was advertised as experimental, so I'm making no assumptions other than there are some town and scum.

I want to see some more content from PX, he hasn't posted since late RVS (though aside from this I haven't posted since early RVS so slightly hypocritical-except to say this I'm posting!)

Serela seems fine and I see no reason to keep my vote on him so ##Unvote.

But where to put it?  I'm not seeing anything that stands out for the wrong reasons as of yet, my gut is leaning towards Omba since I'm fine with Dan's wall, PX always lurks so no real problem yet, NekoNekoRex I see as leaning townie for trying to be as helpful to Dan as possible, and I guess I don't know what to think on Dorian either.  So ##Vote: Omba

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
Ehhhh, I feel like I'm going to have to go with I have no name on this one, Action Dan's claim sounds he's actually Mafia trying to claim a role that lets him get away with whatever he wants at night. There can't be all that many scum in the game, and if you add two millers, that's quite a lot of scum results running around.

I guess it would make sense if it were another simple Miller claim so that whatever cop we have gets screwed by the amount of millers, but Dan's role only seems like a bad excuse to prevent "getting caught"
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »
Wheeee

Dan's claim seems sketchy by the way he presented it, but there's nothing really wrong with everything else.
I see nothing wrong with Serela.
Omba, I have nothing
Neko seems fine :\
IHHN looks like he's going the easy route by going after the person with little to their name with little reason
And Dorian just sits wrong with me :\

##Unvote
##Vote Ihavenoname

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »
You people should really post more votecount.

I have no name (1): PX
Serela (0):
Omba (2): Serela, I have no name
NekoNekoRex (1): Omba
ActionDan (2): NekoNekoRex, Dorian. G
PX (feat. Vhaltz) (0):
Dorian G. (1): ActionDan

Not Voting: You!

With 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have 37 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:22:40 AM by Conqueror »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »
As much as I like not having votes on me, PX switched from NekoNekoRex to me.

IHHN looks like he's going the easy route by going after the person with little to their name with little reason
I don't have any reasons why anyone is scummy yet and Serela (who I had a vote on) was anti-scummy.  The only people I'm not leaning town on were you, Dorian and Omba.  You were lurking which is null, Dorian doesn't have much but what he has I saw no problems with, leaving Omba who appears to me to be trying to twitterpost to appear active.  It's true I didn't have any solid reasons at the time of the vote, but after re-reading everything several times more (I re-read about 5 times while typing the last post), I feel confident with where my vote currently is.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 12:39:40 AM »
Omba may I ask how RVS voting the person you wouldn't lynch for the miller claim D1 advances the game for you? (gonna pre-empt this a bit by saying I reconize the difference between "not wanting them lynched" and "not wanting them lynched for the miller claim alone")
As much as any other RVS vote does. Actually, if you remember that one certain game, you should be able to guess why I'd do that just because of :V

Your claim reeks of scum fakeclaim; or so I would like to say, but this being an experimental (and bastard) setup, I suppose it's possible.
That leaves us with a problem though: We can't policy lynch 2 people. Or rather we could, but that would be a ridiculous crapshoot. Meaning we might end up with a claimed miller in LyLo. Uh, shit.
Oh well. Have a question instead:
I don't get where this worry comes from for the reason you stated (i.e. "I wonder what else there is") from a town perspective.  Can you explain what was going through your mind?
Where exactly do you see the scum factor in there? I thought it was pretty clearly a statement of the sort "oh god who knows what kind of bullshit is going to happen in this game". Considering the same player had a few slight difficulties with certain D1 box shenanigans a few games ago, that would seem reasonable.
Which in turn makes your vote pretty unreasonable.
##FoS: ActionDan

leaving Omba who appears to me to be trying to twitterpost to appear active.
##Unvote
##Vote I have no name

What kind of bullshit is this? Appart from the "how would that make me scum" and "why do you think I'm trying to appear active, rather than just being active", there's one more important thing:
The assumption it's based on is false. I.e., where in the hell have I been twitterposting? No, length of post doesn't count when there's not much to talk about to begin with. More importantly, prior to this post, I have made all of three posts in this thread, one of which is the confirmation one. How in all hell does that fit together with your reason for voting me?

Also:
I don't have any reasons why anyone is scummy yet and Serela (who I had a vote on) was anti-scummy.  The only people I'm not leaning town on were you, Dorian and Omba.  You were lurking which is null, Dorian doesn't have much but what he has I saw no problems with, leaving Omba who appears to me to be trying to twitterpost to appear active.  It's true I didn't have any solid reasons at the time of the vote, but after re-reading everything several times more (I re-read about 5 times while typing the last post), I feel confident with where my vote currently is.
For some reason, the three parts I highlighted in this quote don't fit together. And that to a degree that makes me think your thought processes themselves don't add up, i.e. you're scum just looking for any sort of justification to vote someone (rather than being town grasping at straws because of ED1).

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
That's "desperately needs death" level scummy, btw.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 01:56:37 AM »
Also:For some reason, the three parts I highlighted in this quote don't fit together. And that to a degree that makes me think your thought processes themselves don't add up, i.e. you're scum just looking for any sort of justification to vote someone (rather than being town grasping at straws because of ED1).
That's what I get for going back over the thread while typing a post, incoherent thoughts >.>  So you're right, my thought processes expressed in that post don't add up, only because they changed in the time it took to write it.

There is a difference between looking for a reason to vote someone and grasping at straws, and I honestly have no idea who's scum and who's town.  I'm grasping at straws and being voted for having a suspicion for a reason I can't exactly put into words.  Maybe I went a bit far in justifying my vote, but that last post makes me more sure of where I have it.

Also I thought you'd posted more than that, I was confused from reading that part about a dozen times.

I didn't have any reasons why anyone is scummy yet
[very late] EBWOP

I'd like to see more content from Dorian (and to a lesser extent PX) since I have a gut feeling on everyone else except Serela, who I'm confident as being town.  But overall I have very little idea what's going on like every other D1 (except Shadoweh's game because I figured out the box immediately)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 04:02:27 AM »
I'm really tired, but I suddenly realized I have to post before I can go to sleep. It just doesn't occur to me because since only 7 people, much less occurs in the game then usually would before I'm supposed to need to post again!

For now, I think that both Neko and ActionDan are telling the truth.

My initial reaction to reading IHNN's posts was "I like this man", although on a second look I'm a little more waffley then that; but, still, I don't really see anything wrong with him. PX is nothin' noteworthy, and... who else is left oh yeah Omba and Dorian.

Neko:It's also possible there aren't any cops. Or even if there is they might not be sane. Break setup, hooray!\

Overall I guess right now I'm trying to decide whether I think Dorian or Omba is more deserving of a vote.

Actually then I read over Omba's latest post again and it's making me waffle on IHNN. I'm not awake enough for this :V
Eenie meenie minie mo, who is scummy I don't know
##unvote
Why did I ever think Omba was scummy? Omba looks fine. Dorian is still sort of neutral/eh-ish to me. I agree that Dan's vote on him was silly, although since it was practically RVS still, *Shrug* I suppose what it comes down to isn't really that Dorian isn't actually particularly bad but a framing of circumstance... blah. Lots of people I'd love to come in and update their opinions since lots of people still have almost nothing that can be considered very up-to-date at this point, as the game has only REALLY gotten going very recently.

My vote. I suppose I'd place it on Dorian or sheep Omba's IHNN stuff, but... I'm waffley on the latter and really would like updated opinion on the game from both the former, and, before the former's updated opinion, an update from ActionDan, aka Dorian's current vote target. Because that entire situation is just somewhat silly. And not in a way that's a scummy thing on anyone's part. It's just... I haven't seen anything I -like- from Dorian yet either, y'know? If this isn't very coherent, it's because my eyes, they want to clooose...

Voting IHNN would put him at L-1, so I'll take the other route. I do hope the situation gets sorted out soon so I can feel better about where I'm throwing my vote down, I'd really like to see more from Dorian, especially after a response from ActionDan. I suppose I'm fine with this considering the current state of events though.
##Vote Dorian
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 05:13:48 AM »
This votecount sponsored by the late Ray Bradbury‎
"some idiot turned on the lights"

I have no name (2): PX, Omba
Serela (0):
Omba (1): I have no name
NekoNekoRex (0):
PX (0):
Dorian G. (2): ActionDan, Serela

You have ~31 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:21:10 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 06:54:18 AM »
My internet access will be spotty for the next few days before I transition to my summer dorm room.

Skimming this page, Neko's post is strikingly scummy

Ehhhh, I feel like I'm going to have to go with [Dorian] on this one, Action Dan's claim sounds he's actually Mafia trying to claim a role that lets him get away with whatever he wants at night. There can't be all that many scum in the game, and if you add two millers, that's quite a lot of scum results running around [And?].

I guess it would make sense if it were another simple Miller claim so that whatever cop we have gets screwed by the amount of millers, but Dan's role only seems like a bad excuse to prevent "getting caught"

There is not an ounce of original thought here.  Firstly, Dorian is not voting me based on "my claim sounds like he's actually Mafia trying to claim a role that let's him get away with whatever he wants at night".  He's leveled myriad acussations my way (and I'll respond tomorrow) but what is quoted is not part of it.  Neither is it legitimate in and of itself.  If I were scum, then yes, the benefits would be to not be accountable for any and all possible night actions.  However as town, it's in my interest to claim explictly so no investigative role wastes their role on me.  The same is true for a normal miller variant.  All one has to do is imagine a scum ninja and presto, cop investigations are warded off and trackers and watchers won't be able to catch the ninja in the act.  All this is obvious.  So is the next senctence, which is equally pointless. The last half facilitates pushing the same talking point that my super miller status "seems like a bad excuse." 

List of scummy things for convienance:
1) cite Dorian post, doesn't bother to say what he agrees with explicitly in Dorian's post
2) reason outlined for disbelieveing claim is that "I'm making a bad excuse" for not wanting to "get caught" which in turn is supposed to indicate I'm scum, yet you first have to assume I'm scum in the first place, so the point holds no weight.
3) the point is presented in a most obvious repetitious way in order to make it look like it carries any value.
4) No mention of anything else aside from my claim that might sway Neko into believeing I'm scum

##unvote
##Vote: NekoNeko   

After I sleep I'll look at the more recent posts more carefully but nothing is sticking out right now.

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 07:00:59 AM »
Have a votecount because I'm unable to delete this post.

I have no name (2): PX, Omba
Serela (0):
Omba (1): I have no name
NekoNekoRex (1): ActionDan
PX (0):
Dorian G. (1): Serela

Not Voting: Nobody.

You have ~29 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:04:05 AM by Ran Yakumo »

Dorian White

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »
Well, I think it's time to inspect the line to see how the other guardsman doing.

Serela, you are the most loyal I have seen so far in this bunch that's supposed to be a squad. Your effort to lead us out of military exercise (RVS) and into serious combat is noticed and will be honored even when your current aim seems to be misguided. Have faith in the Emperor, and maybe some aiming practices.

Omba, as every guardsman I'm used to be under attack but getting defended makes me nervous.  That's just a triviality compared to the other things we have to face here but keep it in mind and aside from this do I not see any sign of heresy (scum intent) in your acts or words.

PX, I think that I know what you aimed at with your first vote and I don't see a problem with your words but that's may be because you are quite economical with them. Keep in mind that we are supposed to be a squad so a few more words to your comrades would be in every way preferable.

I have no name, not everyone can be blessed with the judgmental mind of a commissar and I understand your confusion only too well but to know the enemy is the key to victory so your hesitation will not be tolerated forever. Take a clear position, fight and the Emperor fights with you.

So much to my tunnel vision prevention. I hope the RPing doesn't get's in the way of understanding, in retrospect wasn't it a good idea to write a opinion post while listen to this on repeat.^^;
I'll come to the headache inducing miller duo as soon as I gathered my thoughts on it.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Dorian White

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
Doublepost for the  Emperor, cause everyone else is idle.^^;

It seems that most of you prefer to ignore this matter and even I've considered the possibility that we have in fact two miller in this game. But I also think if there is any good time for scum to hide behind a miller claim then it's when they get away with a ?LOL experimental bastardmod setup? and that's why I focus on them to reach a conclusion one way or the other. But that is easier said than done, so let's see what we have so far ?

NekoNekoRex, claimed (death) miller, added some explanations too the claim and has a ?case? on Dan only based on his miller claim, as far as I understand it. I don't think that I need to explain why such a case is bound to be pure WIFOM, we had this in the past and Dan already talked lengthy about it. What I found troublesome is that he keeps an alarming low profile. He wouldn't be much more then a policy lynch right now and if he says the truth about his death miller status then this is everything but not satisfying.

ActionDan, I have to say that I'm not sure about my objectivity here, mostly cause I'm already overjoyed by the prospect that his bloody delaying tactic will force me to deal with him either at the dead of night or just a few hours before deadline. However, you could summarize my reason to vote him as making a big fuss ?counterclaiming? the miller just to go for the ?LOL experimental bastardmod setup? explanations and placed his vote to push for an clarification on a matter that I can only describe as triviality, so much to ?myriad accusations?. It was predictable that he would unvote as soon as he gets an clarification and even when I can't see anything wrong with his current case, I would even agree with it under other circumstances but it's said circumstances that lets my guts act up.

So, having this said, my vote stays where it is till I get my promised response and I can only pray to the Emperor that it makes this choice easier.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »
I'm still here, I just haven't thought of much else to say. Also I've been asleep a good chunk of this morning..

Now is an excellent time I think to read up and post some reads
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »
I suppose I should respond to Dan's post first and foremost.

You know, I just realized I said I agreed with Ihavenoname when I meant Dorian. Huh. Somewhat glad you caught that, actually, it probably was rather confusing.
The part that I agreed with is that I can't really believe there are two millers running around, me being one of them. While your claim doesn't come off as a counterclaim, the premise of it still seems rather suspicious, and I don't like the concept of a Super Miller one bit still.

The accusation that my post isn't original is debatable and not really a decent point to put down. I'm not dittoing Dorian's post and saying I agree with it doesn't mean much else, that accusation just seems tacked on to make me look worse.

While it's true that I said your claim was pretty horrible, you're also right that I haven't actually said that I find YOU to be scum, but so far, aside from a claim, you haven't said much for me to analyze (not including the post I'm commenting on right now). Now I do think you're scum based on your argument and I'm going to leave my vote where it's been the whole day as a result.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 09:08:36 PM »
As far as everyone else goes, I haven't really seen anything too troublesome, although Serela's posts seem kind of everywhere since post-RVS. She jumped on Obma for... wierd RVSy reasons, but she's dropped the case since then, which still contributes to the "everywhere at once" thing but isn't a huge deal.

She-He I don't actually know the gender of any of you people, excuse me if I ever get any of this wrong. I'm biased towards avatar genders, and there's a lot of female avatars running around (being a Touhou forum and all)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
I finally have a stance on Dorian, right now he's leaning town.
Re-reading Omba it feels more like 'wait you're voting me why? hahaha let me rip that apart', which isn't inherently scummy.  My gut still doesn't agree with it but you've actually done nothing [that] scummy yet.
ActionDan's wall, in light of his recent post feels like fluff throwing suspicion off him after the (likely?) inevitable N1 actions that will be taken.  I personally don't see any of the numbered points given or don't see a problem with them (aside #4) [added post cut: which again isn't a problem as it was acknowledged that it was the only reason {and it's to a lesser extent why I voted Omba}]

-cut-
well this post took longer than expected to write because my mom walked in.  I see that neko came to the same conclusions I did.

-cut again-
Serela is a guy  :V

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »
I'm here, post right after this insane dota game :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Re-reading Omba it feels more like 'wait you're voting me why? hahaha let me rip that apart', which isn't inherently scummy.  My gut still doesn't agree with it but you've actually done nothing [that] scummy yet.
Forgot to change my vote with this post.
##Unvote
Vote: ActionDan
Wait, do we want people at L-1 yet?  2 out of 7 is the most likely setup for scum, and a mislynch puts us in LYLO.
##Unvote

Omba is still a lynch I'd prefer but I don't have any case other than gut so I'll switch to ActionDan if we're putting people at L-1.
I probably won't post again until just before midnight, and then I won't be able to before the deadline either.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »
Okay, I think the adrenaline is finally gone. Now to make that post :\

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 12:18:28 AM »
Okay, I see Dan's post but I'm just not convinced of Neko scum. I just don't see him/her? fakeclaiming miller right away, and despite being... pretty much useless at the moment, I don't see scum. Not worth lynching now. Vigs, however, might be a different story.

That said, Dan still isn't that bad to me, but the way he flipped out on Neko.... It just gives me a feeling.

IHNN, you're still voting Omba. Why. Wait, you're voting Dan now. Why.

Omba has come out really good.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »
Huff Puff, Just getting on now.

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »
Omba has been prodded.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »
wawawawawawa

It would have been nice to have seen Dan post before I go to sleep

I surely won't be awake by deadline, that's 8 AM.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 03:36:06 AM »
ughhh I keep remembering I have to post after it's like 11pm and I really want to go to bed instead, like, I just drug myself out of bed

so what ihnn or dan are the wagons?

I wish I could be up for dan's post but seriously, no (besides he said "just getting on" like 3 hours ago)

##unvote ##vote ihavenoname

wait why hasn't dan posted when it's been that long, that's Not Good :c but but but, bah I'm too sleepy to wait and see if he ever posts or not

if dan doesn't post soon lynch him instead. Actually wait a second. If IHNN and Dan both show up to vote Not Me Over Me, and no one else switches from one wagon to the other then my vote is the decider :I I am not awake nor confident enough right now for this. I have like, one post out of RVS from Dan and a weird claim even if I think it's plausible, and waffles all over ihnn, and bahhh I don't want to be a swing vote right now

##Unvote ##vote actiondan

idk I'll just lynch the weirder one
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2012, 03:37:09 AM »
that post reads so much like dr.rawr I don't even ;_;