Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 11)  (Read 54755 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »
>Let's approach the crowd.

> You fly over the gate and approach the crowd.  As you get closer, nearby youkai move out of your way and you are able to see what's going on.
> Yukari and Sanae have returned.  Suwako is there, of course, hopping up and down and talking at Sanae excitedly.  Sanae, however, keeps glancing around as if she thinks something is going to come out of the crowd and pounce her.  Yukari, standing next to her, is the picture of calm while Ran and Chen stand at attention nearby.  She catches your eye and smiles.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
>Approach.
>"So, did you both take care of the other problem?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »
>Approach.
>"So, did you both take care of the other problem?"

> "Yes," says Yukari before Sanae can say anything.  Then again, Sanae doesn't look like she wants to say anything right now.  "Ran has told me what you're planning to do here, and I wouldn't mind if you went into more detail about it with me."
> Her eyes flick around.  "Not with this crowd around, of course..."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
>"The crowd is fine, they have a role in this, too. Here, let me show you what we've worked out so far."
>Lead her to where the notes are. Or to Patchouli if we don't know.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »
>"The crowd is fine, they have a role in this, too. Here, let me show you what we've worked out so far."
>Lead her to where the notes are. Or to Patchouli if we don't know.

> "I was fully aware of that," says Yukari.
> The two of you leave the crowd and walk along until you reach Patchouli.  She's currently sitting on a stool you recognize as being from the gate, and looks slightly winded.
> "Hello, Patchouli," Yukari says, walking ahead of you to greet her.  Patchouli looks up, and then waves her hand to shoo away Nitori, Keine, and Shou, who were helping her.
> "It's about time," says Patchouli.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »
>"Let's be kind. She was doing something useful for a change. Anyways, let's show her what we have."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
>"Let's be kind. She was doing something useful for a change. Anyways, let's show her what we have."

> Patchouli huffs.  "This is what we've gathered."
> She gestures to the ingredients.  As Yukari goes from pile to pile, Patchouli reaches into her robes and takes out a familiar scroll and book, as well as your notes.
> "Here are our references," she says, handing the materials to Yukari.  Yukari spends a good five minutes reading them over before saying,
> "You do realize how dangerous this will be to the people involved, don't you?"
> "I believe we were going to modify the spell," Patchouli says with a short cough.
> "How so?  By replacing the type of animal blood?  Using different ore?  Mixing potions in a different order?  Confining the spellcasting space to your puny lake?"
> "Th-that's..."
> "First of all, you need to position everyone in each of the four cardinal directions, and have the blood contract in the center.  Who are you using for that, by the way?"
> "Um..."  This is the first time you've seen Patchouli at loss for words.  She seems to shrink in on herself as Yukari continues to scold her.
> "You say you're going to modify the spell, but what you're doing is the magical equivalent of a child tracing dotted letters on a piece of paper.  To modify a spell you have to change the very foundation of it; otherwise you'll just end up with a variation.  These notes you've made don't reflect an understanding of that or how the spell works at all."
> "Those aren't my notes," Patchouli protests.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
>"They're my notes. But I was excepting you to build off of them, Patchouli."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2014, 06:06:32 PM »
>"They're my notes. But I was excepting you to build off of them, Patchouli."

> "Ugh."  Patchouli slides off the stool.
> "Why don't you tell me what exactly you want to modify?" Yukari asks you.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »
>"What I want to do is use this to restore and repair the barrier as it is, rather than making a new one. Your Ran's had a look over it, so I'm sure she's had time to formulate some ideas."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »
>"What I want to do is use this to restore and repair the barrier as it is, rather than making a new one. Your Ran's had a look over it, so I'm sure she's had time to formulate some ideas."

> "As it stands, the current Boundary is beyond repair.  What you're doing will be adding a second layer, and hoping the current Boundary gets absorbed into it," Yukari explains.  "I would suggest just performing the blood contract on a successor, but it's too late for only that spell to be needed.  However, Sanae's and my work should have given us a few more days before we'd need to make a completely different barrier."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »
>"Go on."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »
>"Go on."

> "What I'm saying is that the cause of the incident has been dealt with already, but in a way that's going to make it more complicated to pick up the pieces.  What you're doing right now should be fine, as long as you do it correctly," says Yukari.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2014, 07:20:58 PM »
>"Good. And are we doing it correctly, so far? You talked about blood, right? How much do we need? And what kind, if not animal?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »
>"Good. And are we doing it correctly, so far? You talked about blood, right? How much do we need? And what kind, if not animal?"

> "Oh, no, animal blood would work.  Youkai blood would also work, but not as well as animal blood.  But you don't have anyone for the blood contract," says Yukari.  "That only requires a pinprick of blood.  If you're squeamish it may comfort you to know that these unorthodox ingredients are outnumbered by plants, minerals, gems, and so on...It seems that you've gathered everything but that one thing, but haven't decided how to modify the spell.  How do you intend to do that?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2014, 07:42:15 PM »
>"I'll be the one who makes the contract. And if there's blood that's needed, it can be gotten. How much? As for the modifications, if it's not going to be able to repair the current barrier, then I've like it to be able to fuse with the current one."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #286 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:23 PM »
>"I'll be the one who makes the contract. And if there's blood that's needed, it can be gotten. How much? As for the modifications, if it's not going to be able to repair the current barrier, then I've like it to be able to fuse with the current one."

> "If you were able to make the contract, then I would have never bothered you about getting a successor," Yukari says.  "I just told you you already had everything else you needed."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2014, 08:08:17 PM »
>"It'll be a different barrier, so it's fine. I'll be the one who makes the contract. A successor will be found later, when it's proper."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »
>"It'll be a different barrier, so it's fine. I'll be the one who makes the contract. A successor will be found later, when it's proper."

> "Suit yourself," says Yukari, and walks away.  "I'll be back in a few minutes."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »
>"Where are you going?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2014, 08:21:37 PM »
>"Where are you going?"

> "To speak with Ran," says Yukari.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #291 on: June 05, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
>Nod.
>"Very well."
>Let Yukari leave, but keep an general eye upon her while attending to Patchouli. When we feel confident we can speak without Yukari overhearing, says, "You can spy on them, right? She's still doing it."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #292 on: June 05, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »
>Nod.
>"Very well."
>Let Yukari leave, but keep an general eye upon her while attending to Patchouli. When we feel confident we can speak without Yukari overhearing, says, "You can spy on them, right? She's still doing it."

> Once Yukari is out of earshot, you turn to Patchouli, who is kneeling on the ground next to the stool.
> "Still doing what?" she asks.  She looks confused by this turn of events.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #293 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »
>"Trying to leverage this whole thing to her advantage."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2014, 08:39:57 PM »
>"Trying to leverage this whole thing to her advantage."

> "By knowing more than you about the spell?" Patchouli wheezes.  "She will most likely know if I'm eavesdropping."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
>"By still insisting she gets what she wants out of this. And, if that's the case, don't worry about it."
>Just watch them, then.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »
>"By still insisting she gets what she wants out of this. And, if that's the case, don't worry about it."
>Just watch them, then.

> "It just sounds like we need an extra person for this, but it is none of my business what kind of things you two argue about," Patchouli says.
> You and Patchouli watch from a distance as Yukari disappears into the steadily dispersing crowd and reemerges with Ran walking next to her.  They walk along the path by the lake, with their occasional hand gestures being the only indication they are having a conversation.  You can't hear anything they're saying from where you are.  As you watch, you see a lone Sanae pass by and float towards the edge of the lake.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
>How does Sanae seem to be doing?
>Keep an eye on the Yakumos, but attend to Sanae when we can.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
>How does Sanae seem to be doing?
>Keep an eye on the Yakumos, but attend to Sanae when we can.

> Not too well.  She's headed in the general direction of the Yakumos, but splits off and floats down to the lake's edge and stoops down to pick something up.  Between glances at Yukari and Ran--who are still completely inaudible--you watch as Sanae skips rocks into the water.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2014, 09:07:43 PM »
>She probably doesn't want to hear anything from us, but we still owe it to her.
>Float toward Sanae.