Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 174588 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »
>Urgh, schedule slip.

>Trionychidae Trumper: Head in. That isn't Tewi, right?
>No. If it was, she'd be unwilling to do so or sour about it.
>Watch for traps, if necessary.
>You are paranoid enough to watch for traps.

>Pollockshields Pesopitcher: Nod. "Righty then, sorry for the trouble, eh?"
>"It's fine."
>Prod Suika. "Oi. We're off the hook for a bit. You wanted a drink, right?"
>She wakes up. "Urgh, whaaa...?"
>Head out onto the porch with her, at least; maybe the tavern if it'd be better to drink and relax there.
>Should you drag her out to the porch or wait until she's fully awake?

>Dechampsia Desperado: ... are we overhearing that? If so, how much should Komachi be getting away with drinking?...
>You are not overhearing this.

>Ijimus: ... which doesn't really explain why they didn't attack Sakana or me, but fine, whatever...
>Sigh. "... actually, now that I think of it, maybe I should just give you the full story. This was the nonfiction section of our library, after all... well, let me see if I can dig up some decent supporting evidence from it. You look like the booky type, right?"
>"Well, what do you think?"
>Do a quick check on the shelves for a recent history book; preferably a fairly dry and formal one. Find whatever section covers the basics of Touhou's appearance and popularity and offer it to Patchouli opened on that page. "Here."
>Hm...you don't know if you'd be able to find such a book anymore, since the shelves seem to have been integrated with the SDM library's shelves...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #691 on: October 23, 2011, 06:22:59 PM »
>Gila Gangster: Meet the Doctor.
>Try not to be given a Mega Baboon heart

---

>Numancia Nickelmaster: Let her wake up. "Hey, y'alright, Suika?"

-----

>Fatmus: "I think a lot of things."
>... being cryptic may not be the best idea, but we need a good reveal, right?
>Check the shelves to make at least a token effort at finding a decent recent-history book.
>... hmm... fused bookshelves... could the books themselves have merged? Reminds me of that one game where the same was useful... we'll have to look out for that. Were there any mysteriously half-complete books in our library?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #692 on: October 23, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
>Gila Gangster: Meet the Doctor.
>You follow the rabbit to the door and through Eientei. Through the hallways, blah blah blah...
>You eventually reach the spot you recognize as Eirin's office's door. "Over here."

>Numancia Nickelmaster: Let her wake up. "Hey, y'alright, Suika?"
>"Uh...yeah. Are we leavin'?"

>Fatmus: "I think a lot of things."
>"Don't we all."
>... being cryptic may not be the best idea, but we need a good reveal, right?
>Surprising Patchouli is probably a cool way to handle this.
>Check the shelves to make at least a token effort at finding a decent recent-history book.
>You check the shelves. From what you see, there are several books on the ground, and the order of the books has been screwed up now due to several new books appearing. Ugh, this is gonna be a headache.
>... hmm... fused bookshelves... could the books themselves have merged? Reminds me of that one game where the same was useful... we'll have to look out for that. Were there any mysteriously half-complete books in our library?
>Not that you know of.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:06:02 AM by Eternal Meteor Kaiser Blitzer »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #693 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
Finishing bump.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #694 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »
>Teiidae Trumpet: Turn to look and/or enter, as necessary.
>Assuming it's Eirin: "What have we missed?"

---

>Decađồng Derbyshire: "Yeah, kinda. Still waitin' on somethin' interesting happening, so why not go have a drink?"
>Head out with her!

-----

>Rodentius: Ugh. Fuck it.
>"... damnit, no good books in sight..." Sigh.
>Turn to Patchouli. Deep breath. "Well, uh... where do I start. I guess the short version is that in the world I come from, the major incidents in Gensokyo are well-known thanks to a bunch of games based on it, mostly about Reimu and Marisa's incident-solving antics."
>... let's see what math she does and what conclusions she makes from that...

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #695 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15:18 AM »
>Shiki: Okay, we're not getting anywhere.
>Voice. What do you know about what's happening?
>We'll run anything it tells us by Reimu before making any decisions.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #696 on: October 25, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
>Teiidae Trumpet: Turn to look and/or enter, as necessary.
>You look at the closed door for a moment before entering Eirin's office.
>"Hello."
>Assuming it's Eirin: "What have we missed?"
>"Nothing, really. Except Reisen has reported she seems to be disinterested in acting on her newfound thoughts."

>Decađồng Derbyshire: "Yeah, kinda. Still waitin' on somethin' interesting happening, so why not go have a drink?"
>"Sure."
>Head out with her!
>You head outside with Suika.

>Rodentius: Ugh. Fuck it.
>Screw this, this would take forever.
>"... damnit, no good books in sight..." Sigh.
>Turn to Patchouli. Deep breath. "Well, uh... where do I start. I guess the short version is that in the world I come from, the major incidents in Gensokyo are well-known thanks to a bunch of games based on it, mostly about Reimu and Marisa's incident-solving antics."
>"...games? Describe."
>... let's see what math she does and what conclusions she makes from that...
>Whatever conclusions she's making right now, she's rather quiet about it.

>Shiki: Okay, we're not getting anywhere.
>Voice. What do you know about what's happening?
>"Other than what you've found out, not a clue."
>We'll run anything it tells us by Reimu before making any decisions.
>You decide not to trust this being unless Reimu's common sense thinks so.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #697 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
>Dibamidae Deboucher: Blink. Well, that's a start, at least...
>"Huh. She ever say why?"
>Is there anyone else here?

---

>Karsk Krusher: Ah, finally! Lead her somewhere nice to drink in the village, and begin the debauchery!

-----

>Macromaster: What sort of games are they, anyway? If they're video/computer games, how are they accessed and played in Ijiatsu?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #698 on: October 26, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »
>Dibamidae Deboucher: Blink. Well, that's a start, at least...
>Well, at least she's got some info...
>"Huh. She ever say why?"
>"She didn't."
>Is there anyone else here?
>No.

>Karsk Krusher: Ah, finally! Lead her somewhere nice to drink in the village, and begin the debauchery!
>You lead Suika to a bar you frequent, and?WITHOUT GOING INTO TOO MUCH DETAIL?you have a great time.

>Macromaster: What sort of games are they, anyway? If they're video/computer games, how are they accessed and played in Ijiatsu?
>They are indeed computer games. Everybody and their mother has a computer (and they're remarkably advanced and anachronistic for your time) and people buy them through stores as discs...heck, you (adressing player) should know this already.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #699 on: October 27, 2011, 04:08:07 AM »
>Genji Grappler: Frown. "So she just gave up? That's kinda suspicious... where is she now?"
>"And what happened with that moon princess girl?"

>The Gravity of Currency: Philosophize at great length about the texture of various temperatures of sake.

-----

>Rodentius: Ugh, this may be a little difficult to explain...
>"Well, uh... what do you know about computers?"
>If nothing significant, let out a long breath and launch the tirade: "They're... mostly machines that take info and do a lot of stuff with them. Mostly you can input stuff with keys or giving them programs to work with, and it spits back either images on a screen or sounds from speakers, for the most part. And since most monitors can get sixty image-frames per second these days, it's basically just animated."
>Give her a gif of herself to help get the idea across.
>"At least, that's the relevant basics. Short version is that you can make games based off of keypresses moving a character around on the screen with that. And like I said, there's... a rather popular series of those games based on Gensokyo."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »
>Genji Grappler: Frown. "So she just gave up? That's kinda suspicious... where is she now?"
>"She's walking around the Human Village, bored."
>"And what happened with that moon princess girl?"
>"Princess Kaguya? Not much."

>The Gravity of Currency: Philosophize at great length about the texture of various temperatures of sake.
>You philosophize about something relatively unimportant. Your entire thoughts are too long to parse here, mainly because the Phyrexians running this quest are being rushed and barely care about this sort of thing.

>Rodentius: Ugh, this may be a little difficult to explain...
>"Well, uh... what do you know about computers?"
>"Nothing. Explain."
>If nothing significant, let out a long breath and launch the tirade: "They're... mostly machines that take info and do a lot of stuff with them. Mostly you can input stuff with keys or giving them programs to work with, and it spits back either images on a screen or sounds from speakers, for the most part. And since most monitors can get sixty image-frames per second these days, it's basically just animated."
>"...Interesting. I believe I might understand better if I actually saw one up close."
>Give her a gif of herself to help get the idea across.
>You generate a Patchouli image. She nods.
>"At least, that's the relevant basics. Short version is that you can make games based off of keypresses moving a character around on the screen with that. And like I said, there's... a rather popular series of those games based on Gensokyo."
>"...What."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:50:25 AM by Eternal Meteor Kaiser Blitzer »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
>Asp Master: Wave a hand. "No, no, not her! The one that showed up yesterday saying she was hearing things like Reisen did."
>Though maybe we should ask Suika to keep an eye on the rabbit...

-----

>Ijimus: "I wouldn't be surprised if one crossed over one way or another."
>There are computers for 'research' purposes somewhere in the library, right? Maybe in the fiction section?
>... what powers these computers, anyway? If the infrastructure's broken from the overlay, then... damn.
>"And yeah, it's... pretty weird, isn't it?" Jerk head at the image. "That's actually from one of the games. The fighters are a lot more detailed, even if they're kinda offshoots."
>Speaking of offshoots. "... and given how much the games' creator leaves out of the plot, there's a lot of space for fanfiction and the like. If our full library crossed over, then the fiction section should be down the hall over there." Point. "And given the popularity, well..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2011, 06:07:50 AM »
>Asp Master: Wave a hand. "No, no, not her! The one that showed up yesterday saying she was hearing things like Reisen did."
>"Yorihime? She's wandering Gensokyo..."

>Though maybe we should ask Suika to keep an eye on the rabbit...
>It's convenient that Suika's in the Human Village right now. Although Suika'll probably get bored.

>Ijimus: "I wouldn't be surprised if one crossed over one way or another."
>There are computers for 'research' purposes somewhere in the library, right? Maybe in the fiction section?
>There are, and they're indeed in the nonfiction section. Heck, you're lucky that the library's layout is so similar to the SDM library's, since the resulting layout should be navigable normally.
>... what powers these computers, anyway? If the infrastructure's broken from the overlay, then... damn.
>You hope not.
>"And yeah, it's... pretty weird, isn't it?" Jerk head at the image. "That's actually from one of the games. The fighters are a lot more detailed, even if they're kinda offshoots."
>"The question is, is this utter coincidence? I doubt it, but what could have caused Gensokyo to appear in a fictional form here? And furthermore, what is a 'fighter'?"
>Speaking of offshoots. "... and given how much the games' creator leaves out of the plot, there's a lot of space for fanfiction and the like. If our full library crossed over, then the fiction section should be down the hall over there." Point. "And given the popularity, well..."
>"...What kinds of fanfiction?" Patchouli sounds suspicious.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:32 AM »
>Turtle Tamer: "Still around, huh? Any idea where?"
>She's already made trouble here once...
>"... any idea if the moon's looking for her?"

-----

>Shameless Self Insert: Oh, they're in the NONfiction section? Would they be visible to point out from here?
>"I doubt it's coincidence. Hell, there's plenty of rumors about the games' creator visiting or hearing about Gensokyo in some way as inspiration. And since Ijiatsu's racial makeup is rather similar, well... I'm finding pure coincidence unlikely, too. Then the question would be why..."
>"... and don't worry about the 'fighter' part. It's a genre of videogames, and not really relevant to the issue for now. Trust me on this one."
>... and now the tricky part. "As for the sorts of fanfiction..." Raise arms in a shrug and sigh helplessly. "That's part of why I was so reluctant to talk about this." Fold arms. "... there's all kinds. Adventure, comedy, tragedy, romance... with dozens of contradictory interpretations and characterizations." Pause. "Not all of them flattering."
>Oh, do be ready to sprint, because this is about where things would go to hell. Honesty is going to be the death of us one day...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #704 on: October 31, 2011, 02:54:58 AM »
>Turtle Tamer: "Still around, huh? Any idea where?"
>"I'm afraid not."

>She's already made trouble here once...
>Ugh, stupid moon princess.

>"... any idea if the moon's looking for her?"
>"I doubt it. She did tell me that she announced her visit to Eientei."

>Shameless Self Insert: Oh, they're in the NONfiction section? Would they be visible to point out from here?
>EPIC FAIL DELETED

>"I doubt it's coincidence. Hell, there's plenty of rumors about the games' creator visiting or hearing about Gensokyo in some way as inspiration. And since Ijiatsu's racial makeup is rather similar, well... I'm finding pure coincidence unlikely, too. Then the question would be why..."
>"... and don't worry about the 'fighter' part. It's a genre of videogames, and not really relevant to the issue for now. Trust me on this one."
>"...Now should I ask you to define 'videogames' now?"
>... and now the tricky part. "As for the sorts of fanfiction..." Raise arms in a shrug and sigh helplessly. "That's part of why I was so reluctant to talk about this." Fold arms. "... there's all kinds. Adventure, comedy, tragedy, romance... with dozens of contradictory interpretations and characterizations." Pause. "Not all of them flattering."
>"It certainly sounds amazing what you can do with Gensokyo as a setting. And...not flattering?" She raises an eyebrow. "Like what?"
>Oh, do be ready to sprint, because this is about where things would go to hell. Honesty is going to be the death of us one day...
>You get ready to run if this goes to hell.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:53:45 AM by Eternal Meteor Kaiser Blitzer »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #705 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »
>Reptile Ruler: Frown. "Hmmm."
>Sigh. "Fine, whatever. I can bug her later if anything happens."
>"Did you manage to study those dreams at all?"

-----

>Fatmus: Aren't we in the nonfiction section? Bah... whatever.
>"Videogames are basically the games played on the computer I was talking about. Just an easy shorthand."
>"And by not flattering, well... uh..." Okay, what could we get away with safely? Someone that Patch would know, but wouldn't piss them off too much... ah, of course. "I guess an easy example would be whether Meiling is called 'China,' and whether she's meditating or sleeping at the gate."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #706 on: October 31, 2011, 06:39:44 AM »
>Reptile Ruler: Frown. "Hmmm."
>Sigh. "Fine, whatever. I can bug her later if anything happens."
>"Did you manage to study those dreams at all?"
>"I have, a bit. I still have not found anything different other than what I already told you."

>Fatmus: Aren't we in the nonfiction section? Bah... whatever.
>We apologize for the glitch. Or an epic fail in consistency.
>You can't see the computers from here, though. They're more to the back.
>"Videogames are basically the games played on the computer I was talking about. Just an easy shorthand."
>"I see."
>"And by not flattering, well... uh..." Okay, what could we get away with safely? Someone that Patch would know, but wouldn't piss them off too much... ah, of course. "I guess an easy example would be whether Meiling is called 'China,' and whether she's meditating or sleeping at the gate."
>"'China'? Odd nickname. Meiling does sleep quite often, though. How is this unusual...?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #707 on: November 01, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
Well, I'm out of useful ideas on Reimu's end.

>Valkyr Valkyrie: "Hmm, our Meiling doesn't usually sleep a lot, does she?"
>Glance at 'our' Patchouli for her response/thoughts on that. That's a difference to work with, perhaps...

-----

>Rodentius: "... then let me put it this way. Why does she sleep so much? Is she just lazy? Then that doesn't speak well of her, and I doubt she'd be happy to have people assume that. Is it because she isn't given enough time off to sleep? Then that doesn't speak well of the Mansion's treatment of her, and by extension Remilia and Sakuya." Fold arms. "Either way, not flattering to one person or another. And there's more than just her to use for examples..."
>Shake head. "If you want to hear some of the fanon junk about yourself now to avoid nasty surprises, then I'll just ask that you not blame me for them. But I think I've elaborated on enough to try and get to the point about what I know about how this happened, if you'd rather not hear."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #708 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:43 AM »
>Shiki: Head outside to see if Utsuho and/or Koishi have arrived yet.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #709 on: November 02, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »
>Valkyr Valkyrie: "Hmm, our Meiling doesn't usually sleep a lot, does she?"
>Glance at 'our' Patchouli for her response/thoughts on that. That's a difference to work with, perhaps...
>"No, she doesn't. Other than keeping out Marisa, she's an effective guard."

>Rodentius: "... then let me put it this way. Why does she sleep so much? Is she just lazy? Then that doesn't speak well of her, and I doubt she'd be happy to have people assume that. Is it because she isn't given enough time off to sleep? Then that doesn't speak well of the Mansion's treatment of her, and by extension Remilia and Sakuya." Fold arms. "Either way, not flattering to one person or another. And there's more than just her to use for examples..."
>Shake head. "If you want to hear some of the fanon junk about yourself now to avoid nasty surprises, then I'll just ask that you not blame me for them. But I think I've elaborated on enough to try and get to the point about what I know about how this happened, if you'd rather not hear."
>"Nasty surprises? Mm." She thinks for a moment. "I suppose, since you're avoiding the subject, I ought to ask no more."

>Shiki: Head outside to see if Utsuho and/or Koishi have arrived yet.
>You head outside to see if either of them have arrived yet. You see a figure in the sky heading in your direction with large black wings, but it seems Utsuho is still a long way away.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #710 on: November 02, 2011, 05:11:15 AM »
>Fatmus: "It's mostly that I'm afraid it'll piss you off and I'll end up eating a Royal Flare to the face. I guess it's mostly about whether you'd be more comfortable having me try to break the news or find it out yourself."
>Shake head. "But either way it can probably wait. What'd be more important is finding out what happened and why. My only hint is kinda unreliable, but it's better than nothing."
>"Short version: A good friend of mine named Purvis hosts 'Z-machine quests' based on a somewhat quirky version of Gensokyo, with incidents of his own making like Yuuka pissing off the sun and Kanako and Koishi moving Gensokyo into the outer world. These uh... basically operate by having the other players collectively give commands to whatever character the quest is starring - like, well, you or Utsuho."
>Glance around for a beer stein. But given the lack of recognition so far... "... though I don't think I'm gonna assume that this is the same Gensokyo, for a couple of reasons."
>Deep breath. "Anyway. The latest one stars a girl named Maribel from the outer world that ended up in Gensokyo after that outer-world-moving incident. It was pretty normal for the most part, aside from more arguing about how to handle things and extra moral dilemmas, but what got REALLY weird was when we sort of randomly encountered Yuyuko and she started talking about a couple of Gensokyo's big players... I think it was like, Shiki and Yukari watching us playing through some gap in Sakuya's head, apparently."
>Shake head. "It was weird as all hell - Purvis doesn't break the fourth wall so casually. So I'm genuinely wondering whether he was actually channeling the events of that Gensokyo, rather than GMing a game as usual. But since no one wanted to force Mary out of character, we didn't push for too much information from that Yuyuko, but she said stuff about... getting Rikako's help to see through that head-gap, wanting Ijiatsu to try and find a way to speak back with her directly, Sakuya getting weird compulsions due to the head-gap... and the whole thing being related to some 'overlay' thing."
>"Which means we've got a couple things to look into for more info. I wanted to pause the game for a while to come to 'our' library to look for anything about that sort of world-combining overlays, but apparently it happened right after I made the suggestion, which is how I ended up in the Human Village. So looking for 'overlay' books here should be an easy route, especially if you have something that'd help find specific books here."
>Point at the white gap. "And remember what I said about that being involved? Apparently that's where the other Gensokyo was watching us from. I have no idea if they're watching there now, or if something stupid happened due to the overlay, or what, but any info we can milk out of those, or ways to communicate through them, could be very helpful. Don't suppose you know Rikako at all?"
>"Though, it's still possible that the whole Yuyuko thing was just part of some crazy plot of Purvis'. I wanna find him to make sure he's safe, but he might know more than he should if we can find the right angle." Frown. "... though I don't think he'd appreciate having Satori forced on him."
>... were there any Ijiatsu landmarks, scenery, or well... anything that we should have seen on the way here that were not present?

-----

>Fannin Famineist: Hm! At least this girl seems to understand what's going on. Hopefully she'll make some progress...
>To Patchouli, "Though the poor girl's been acting that way now, hasn't she? Perhaps this other world is to blame... unless perhaps something different happened there when she had a moment of doubt? Has Meiling been depressed like that before?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #711 on: November 02, 2011, 05:58:25 AM »
>Shiki: Await Utsuho's arrival.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #712 on: November 03, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »
>Fatmus: "It's mostly that I'm afraid it'll piss you off and I'll end up eating a Royal Flare to the face. I guess it's mostly about whether you'd be more comfortable having me try to break the news or find it out yourself."
>"Oh please. I'm not that aggressive. Unless your fiction portrays me as such?"
>Shake head. "But either way it can probably wait. What'd be more important is finding out what happened and why. My only hint is kinda unreliable, but it's better than nothing."
>"Short version: A good friend of mine named Purvis hosts 'Z-machine quests' based on a somewhat quirky version of Gensokyo, with incidents of his own making like Yuuka pissing off the sun and Kanako and Koishi moving Gensokyo into the outer world. These uh... basically operate by having the other players collectively give commands to whatever character the quest is starring - like, well, you or Utsuho."
>Glance around for a beer stein. But given the lack of recognition so far... "... though I don't think I'm gonna assume that this is the same Gensokyo, for a couple of reasons."
>Deep breath. "Anyway. The latest one stars a girl named Maribel from the outer world that ended up in Gensokyo after that outer-world-moving incident. It was pretty normal for the most part, aside from more arguing about how to handle things and extra moral dilemmas, but what got REALLY weird was when we sort of randomly encountered Yuyuko and she started talking about a couple of Gensokyo's big players... I think it was like, Shiki and Yukari watching us playing through some gap in Sakuya's head, apparently."
>Shake head. "It was weird as all hell - Purvis doesn't break the fourth wall so casually. So I'm genuinely wondering whether he was actually channeling the events of that Gensokyo, rather than GMing a game as usual. But since no one wanted to force Mary out of character, we didn't push for too much information from that Yuyuko, but she said stuff about... getting Rikako's help to see through that head-gap, wanting Ijiatsu to try and find a way to speak back with her directly, Sakuya getting weird compulsions due to the head-gap... and the whole thing being related to some 'overlay' thing."
>"Which means we've got a couple things to look into for more info. I wanted to pause the game for a while to come to 'our' library to look for anything about that sort of world-combining overlays, but apparently it happened right after I made the suggestion, which is how I ended up in the Human Village. So looking for 'overlay' books here should be an easy route, especially if you have something that'd help find specific books here."
>Point at the white gap. "And remember what I said about that being involved? Apparently that's where the other Gensokyo was watching us from. I have no idea if they're watching there now, or if something stupid happened due to the overlay, or what, but any info we can milk out of those, or ways to communicate through them, could be very helpful. Don't suppose you know Rikako at all?"
>"I do not know who Rikako is."
>"Though, it's still possible that the whole Yuyuko thing was just part of some crazy plot of Purvis'. I wanna find him to make sure he's safe, but he might know more than he should if we can find the right angle." Frown. "... though I don't think he'd appreciate having Satori forced on him."
>"Most of us can handle problems without using satori. This one should be no exception. Has this Purvis acted this oddly before?"
>... were there any Ijiatsu landmarks, scenery, or well... anything that we should have seen on the way here that were not present?
>Well, you glimpsed a large lake with several faeries. Not that Ijiyatsu doesn't have faeries, it's the lake that's weird.

>Fannin Famineist: Hm! At least this girl seems to understand what's going on. Hopefully she'll make some progress...
>To Patchouli, "Though the poor girl's been acting that way now, hasn't she? Perhaps this other world is to blame... unless perhaps something different happened there when she had a moment of doubt? Has Meiling been depressed like that before?"
>"Depressed? I don't think she's depressed, even now. And she hasn't ever been."

>Shiki: Await Utsuho's arrival.
>You watch Utsuho approach. In ten seconds, she flies right up to the gate of the mansion and says "Hi, did I miss anything?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #713 on: November 03, 2011, 05:34:47 AM »
>Grand Yuyutains: "So it wouldn't be something different happening in the past, hm...? How curious."

-----

>Rodentius: "Slapstick comedy gets over the top very easily, so I'm trying to avoid taking risks here... and I'm not sure you've guessed at the depth of 'not flattering' there's been. Though I'll admit compared to some of the others you're usually portrayed as being fairly mellow."
>"Rikako's a... scientist, essentially. Youkai magician that likes science stuff, but apparently that makes her a heretic according to Reimu, and probably others. I don't think I can confidently tell you much beyond that... for that matter, it's up for debate whether the 'PC-98 era' she appeared in even happened. And then there's the problem of convincing her to help, and not getting shanked by Reimu or Yukari..."
>Sigh.
>"And Purvis is a quirky character, but this is pretty different from the sort of stuff he usually pulls. Honestly, at this point I'm more inclined to believe that he was channeling it than messing with us, but..."
>"... anyway, I guess at this point I mostly want to ask if you'd be willing to help me search the library for stuff about that 'overlay' thing, or figure out how that white gap thing works." Pause. "Uh... or help me get to talk to the Librarians that ended up here safely. They know 'our' side of the Library better than I do - searching might be easier with their help. And if you don't particularly prefer any of those, I think I'd most like to go see if the others are okay..."
>Is there any indication that Ijiatsu as a whole overlaid onto Gensokyo, or only major landmarks and locations?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #714 on: November 03, 2011, 06:58:42 AM »
>Shiki: "Well, our plan to access the other world failed. We succeeded in restoring Yukari's power, but it turns out that there's another effect blocking gaps there. Also, the overlay apparently has already happened. There are multiple versions of Gensokyo; the overlay was with one of them. What we're experiencing seems to be side-effects."
>"Utsuho, has Koishi closed her third eye again or left it open? And do you know if she's coming?"
>Yes, we heard from Reimu that she is, but it can't hurt to ask Utsuho anyways.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #715 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »
>Grand Yuyutains: "So it wouldn't be something different happening in the past, hm...? How curious."
>Interesting...

>Rodentius: "Slapstick comedy gets over the top very easily, so I'm trying to avoid taking risks here... and I'm not sure you've guessed at the depth of 'not flattering' there's been. Though I'll admit compared to some of the others you're usually portrayed as being fairly mellow."
>"I'd have to presume your fictional versions of me are quite different from the actual me, then. And I indeed haven't guessed perfectly how bad 'not flattering' is, but it must be bad enough that you don't want to talk about it."
>"Rikako's a... scientist, essentially. Youkai magician that likes science stuff, but apparently that makes her a heretic according to Reimu, and probably others. I don't think I can confidently tell you much beyond that... for that matter, it's up for debate whether the 'PC-98 era' she appeared in even happened. And then there's the problem of convincing her to help, and not getting shanked by Reimu or Yukari..."
>Parser-to-player: Rikako is human, but that can be excused by Ijiyatsu E-Mouse not remembering all the details.
>"A scientist? Those people..."
>Sigh.
>"And Purvis is a quirky character, but this is pretty different from the sort of stuff he usually pulls. Honestly, at this point I'm more inclined to believe that he was channeling it than messing with us, but..."
>"... anyway, I guess at this point I mostly want to ask if you'd be willing to help me search the library for stuff about that 'overlay' thing, or figure out how that white gap thing works." Pause. "Uh... or help me get to talk to the Librarians that ended up here safely. They know 'our' side of the Library better than I do - searching might be easier with their help. And if you don't particularly prefer any of those, I think I'd most like to go see if the others are okay..."
>"I am willing to help, you know. It's not as if I shouldn't care about something that has directly affected myself."
>Is there any indication that Ijiatsu as a whole overlaid onto Gensokyo, or only major landmarks and locations?
>You haven't seen anything in Ijiyatsu missing or out of place yet.

>Shiki: "Well, our plan to access the other world failed. We succeeded in restoring Yukari's power, but it turns out that there's another effect blocking gaps there. Also, the overlay apparently has already happened. There are multiple versions of Gensokyo; the overlay was with one of them. What we're experiencing seems to be side-effects."
>"Utsuho, has Koishi closed her third eye again or left it open? And do you know if she's coming?"
>Yes, we heard from Reimu that she is, but it can't hurt to ask Utsuho anyways.
>"Koishi hasn't managed to close her third eye, and Satori told me she would be coming. I'm kinda relieved."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #716 on: November 04, 2011, 06:10:05 AM »
>"I am, too."
>"Let's head down to the library. the others are there."
>Some of them, at least.
>Add Utsuho to party.
>Head inside with Utsuho.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #717 on: November 05, 2011, 06:25:50 AM »
>"I am, too."
>"Let's head down to the library. the others are there."
>Some of them, at least.
>Add Utsuho to party.
>Utsuho has joined the party.

>Head inside with Utsuho.
>You head inside with Utsuho, while Meiling looks at you.
>When you enter the library, everyone is observing the gap.
>"I'm not sure if you can stop the overlay at all..."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #718 on: November 05, 2011, 06:30:02 AM »
>Shiki: Seeing as how it already happened, that much is obvious.
>What is the policy regarding the affairs of other worlds? Are they generally left to themselves, or is interfering with the affairs of other worlds accepted?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #719 on: November 05, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
>Shameless Self Insert: "Yeah, they're probably different."
>Assuming there aren't multiple Gensokyos, of course... oi vey, this is real, isn't it?
>"And uh... thanks for your generosity. I figured it would be easier to blame us for invading the Mansion uninvited, but... maybe I should be expecting that sort of assumption from Remi, huh?"
>"... speaking of which, could you come along and keep her and the fairy maids off my back while looking for the others? I'm not eager to get into a fight."
>If she's willing, head out and start searching the Mansion for the others. If Patchu doesn't have any suggestions, mmm... head for our fiction section first. Remilia might have wanted to see what she's like there...

-----

>Yuquirrhs: Greet Utsuho and the Yama with a wave!
>"Ah, welcome, Utsuho! We've been watching this other 'Ijiatsu' world getting overlaid with an alternate Gensokyo - it's very strange, really. There's a girl there that seems to be trying to figure out what's going on, but I guess we can't do much about it right now, can we?"
>If ratface left to find her friends, pout a bit. "Though I wish she hadn't just up and left on us..."

>Chernobyl Chickadee: Reveal your secrets!
>Unyu in complete lack of understanding