Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 174617 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #600 on: September 18, 2011, 05:17:37 AM »
>Shiki: "That gap leads to a different location. The roleplaying group is through the gap in Sakuya's head, and it's them that we want to see. So let us go find Sakuya."
>Reimu: "Forget that. She keeps saying 'yes', anyways. Just gap us into her head, Yukari."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #601 on: September 18, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »
>Shiki: "That gap leads to a different location. The roleplaying group is through the gap in Sakuya's head, and it's them that we want to see. So let us go find Sakuya."
>Reimu: "Forget that. She keeps saying 'yes', anyways. Just gap us into her head, Yukari."
>"Fine, fine."
>She opens a gap?swiftly, for a change.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #602 on: September 19, 2011, 12:56:52 AM »
>Alligator Altruist: "It's refreshing to not have to wait for that."
>Pause. "Wait a sec, Yukari, where in the forest is that gap?"
>Damnit, if Marisa's gonna start acting crazy too...

>Seymour Yuyukans: "I guess I'm wondering whether anything happened to Sakuya thanks to that gap overnight, but I suppose it can wait."
>Those Present: Enter and monitor through the gap-viewer. What mysteries await?!

>Mememouse: Point at the white gap. "Was that here before?"
>Okay, any recognizable landmarks BESIDES the one we already know came with us?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:57:57 AM by E-Nazrin »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #603 on: September 19, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »
>Alligator Altruist: "It's refreshing to not have to wait for that."
>Pause. "Wait a sec, Yukari, where in the forest is that gap?"
>"The center."

>Damnit, if Marisa's gonna start acting crazy too...
>Uggh. That would suck...

>Seymour Yuyukans: "I guess I'm wondering whether anything happened to Sakuya thanks to that gap overnight, but I suppose it can wait."
>Those Present: Enter and monitor through the gap-viewer. What mysteries await?!
>Eiki, Reimu, Yukari, Yuyuko, and Rikako enter the gap.
>You are in the same strange area as before. Rikako approaches the gap and activates the gap viewer.
>Through it, you see...
>...That most of the roleplayers have disappeared, as well as their game master. All that's left is the grey-haired girl talking to another strange girl.

>Mememouse: Point at the white gap. "Was that here before?"
>"No. What is it?"
>Okay, any recognizable landmarks BESIDES the one we already know came with us?
>Not really. Well, wait a minute...you think that's the road to the Myouren Temple...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2011, 03:06:14 AM »
>Shiki: "Pan the view around. Let's see where they are."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2011, 04:42:58 AM »
>Shiki: "Pan the view around. Let's see where they are."
>Rikako looks around the area. It...looks like the area they were in before, but there are several buildings you see that were not there before. Something that would look like they came out of the Human Village.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2011, 04:50:04 AM »
>Reimu: "...the hell?"
>Shiki: "I do not like the look of that. Yukari, give me a gap to talk to Komachi."
>Once the gap is there: "Komachi, it's Shiki."
>Komachi: "Gah!"
>Look around.
>Shiki: "I'm using one of Yukari's gaps to talk to you."
>Komachi: "Oh. Um, you startled me."
>Shiki: "I apologize for that. Komachi, I need you to wake Suika up. Take her with you and head for the human village. We're getting signs that something may have happened there."
>Komachi: "Um, okay. Sure thing, boss."
>Shake Suika awake. If that doesn't work, scream in her ear. If that doesn't work, grab her gourd and pour sake on her face. If that doesn't work, hit her a few times.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2011, 04:52:54 AM »
>Reimu: "...the hell?"
>Shiki: "I do not like the look of that. Yukari, give me a gap to talk to Komachi."
>Once the gap is there: "Komachi, it's Shiki."
>Komachi: "Gah!"
>Look around.
>Shiki: "I'm using one of Yukari's gaps to talk to you."
>Komachi: "Oh. Um, you startled me."
>Shiki: "I apologize for that. Komachi, I need you to wake Suika up. Take her with you and head for the human village. We're getting signs that something may have happened there."
>Komachi: "Um, okay. Sure thing, boss."
>Shake Suika awake. If that doesn't work, scream in her ear. If that doesn't work, grab her gourd and pour sake on her face. If that doesn't work, hit her a few times.
>You attempt to shake Suika awake.
>"Okay, okay, I'm awake!"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #608 on: September 20, 2011, 05:11:44 AM »
>Casquehead Canonizer: Do we know anyone that lives near the center of the Forest of Magic?
>Eye the pair through the gap. "... that one looks like Biggun's rat."

>Seward Phantasm: "Oh dear, where did they all go?!"
>Talking to Mary won't be of any use now!

>Dechampisa Demonstrator: "I do not know, but this scenery is different from before... and I admit I find it odd that the one that's left is the one that displayed so much interest in your story, Miss Saigyouji."

>Death's Breast: ... well, at least one of them showed an interest. Hopefully she's done something on that end...

>Observers: Observe.

-----

>Rodentius: That really does look like... huh, Byakuren would be an interesting person to talk t--
>Fuck, no, focus.
>"Uh, it's... a bit of a story to explain, but it's... related to how I heard about that overlay thing. Whatever it is, it probably has something to do with how this happened... or at least why."
>Ugh, grazing these questions without answering them is uncomfortable... change topic!
>Estimate the direction to the library from our memory, relative to Purvis' alley. Point that way. "Hey, what's off in that direction? There was a library there that I wanted to, do some research at, and I'm wondering if it ended up coming along with me and this place."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #609 on: September 20, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »
>Komachi: "Something may have happened at the human village. We need to go check it out."
>Suika: "Oh, fine."
>Komachi: "Let's go."
>Komachi/Suika: Get moving.
>Komachi: Manipulate distance so that we get there quickly.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2011, 02:34:48 AM »
>Casquehead Canonizer: Do we know anyone that lives near the center of the Forest of Magic?
>You know nobody that lives at or near the center.
>Eye the pair through the gap. "... that one looks like Biggun's rat."
>Yukari says "Yes. Yes she does."
>Seward Phantasm: "Oh dear, where did they all go?!"
>Talking to Mary won't be of any use now!
>Oh no...
>Dechampisa Demonstrator: "I do not know, but this scenery is different from before... and I admit I find it odd that the one that's left is the one that displayed so much interest in your story, Miss Saigyouji."
>Death's Breast: ... well, at least one of them showed an interest. Hopefully she's done something on that end...
>Observers: Observe.
>You watch them talk.
>"No. What is it?"

>Rodentius: That really does look like... huh, Byakuren would be an interesting person to talk t--
>Speaking directly to player: The full version of Ten Desires has not been released in Ijiyatsu yet.
>Fuck, no, focus.
>"Uh, it's... a bit of a story to explain, but it's... related to how I heard about that overlay thing. Whatever it is, it probably has something to do with how this happened... or at least why."
>Ugh, grazing these questions without answering them is uncomfortable... change topic!
>Estimate the direction to the library from our memory, relative to Purvis' alley. Point that way. "Hey, what's off in that direction? There was a library there that I wanted to, do some research at, and I'm wondering if it ended up coming along with me and this place."
>You point northwest.
>"I'm afraid I don't know."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:37:08 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #611 on: September 21, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »
>Komachi: "Something may have happened at the human village. We need to go check it out."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2011, 03:38:37 AM »
>You both fly up and head over to the Human Village quickly by warping reality distance.
>When you get there, you find yourself above the Human Village. Nothing obviously strange has happened, and it looks the same as ever.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:39 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, make sure they have a gap to talk to us."
>Komachi: "Nothing unusual here, boss."
>Shiki: "Then what..."
>Wait, we're going about this the wrong way again.
>"Yukari, give me a gap back to the library. I want to check that book that had the part about the Rathi Overlay. If we're going to figure this out, we need to know the process behind an overlay. It may be in our best interest to go to 'Rathi' or whatever that world is called to see if they have records of what happened, although I'm going to check that book first. You should come with me-unless you can already identify that world well enough to gap to it, you'll need information about it, correct?-but everyone else, stay here for the time being. Keep watching through the gap. Yukari, keep a communication gap open so they can let us know what happens."
>Once the gap out has formed, enter it with Yukari.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #614 on: September 21, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »
>Bolyeriidae Basher: "Hey, Tits Komachi, you see that mouse-girl that works with Biggun?"
>Pause. "... Yukari, you would have let us know if there was a gap in her head, right?"
>Damnit. New problems. What the hell.

>Fatmus: Counterpoint - Buddhist temple trappings + Context -> Byakuren's. Logic!
>"Guess I shoulda figured..."
>Have we seen anyone flying in the sky during this conversation? If not, "I take it you don't know any special, sorts of travel that might help me get over there a bit faster?" No need to imply flight in that case, just in case.
>How crowded does the village seem to be?
>What have the guys-turned-girls been doing all this time? Masturbating?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #615 on: September 21, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, make sure they have a gap to talk to us."
>Komachi: "Nothing unusual here, boss."
>Shiki: "Then what..."
>Wait, we're going about this the wrong way again.
>"Yukari, give me a gap back to the library. I want to check that book that had the part about the Rathi Overlay. If we're going to figure this out, we need to know the process behind an overlay. It may be in our best interest to go to 'Rathi' or whatever that world is called to see if they have records of what happened, although I'm going to check that book first. You should come with me-unless you can already identify that world well enough to gap to it, you'll need information about it, correct?-but everyone else, stay here for the time being. Keep watching through the gap. Yukari, keep a communication gap open so they can let us know what happens."
>"Technically, Rath doesn't exist anymore since it had combined with the world it overlaid onto. However, you may go ahead and read that book."
>Once the gap out has formed, enter it with Yukari.
>Yukari forms the gap in less than a second, and you enter it.
>You are now in the library, in front of Patchouli's desk. Patchouli looks up from a book she's reading.
>"..."

>Bolyeriidae Basher: "Hey, Tits Komachi, you see that mouse-girl that works with Biggun?"
>"No, not really."
>Pause. "... Yukari, you would have let us know if there was a gap in her head, right?"
>"Ah...yes."
>Damnit. New problems. What the hell.
>AARGH

>Fatmus: Counterpoint - Buddhist temple trappings + Context -> Byakuren's. Logic!
>This seems rather sarrastic for something that doesn't seem to be intended to be sarcastic...
>"Guess I shoulda figured..."
>Have we seen anyone flying in the sky during this conversation? If not, "I take it you don't know any special, sorts of travel that might help me get over there a bit faster?" No need to imply flight in that case, just in case.
>You haven't seen anybody flying, so you ask this, Processing reply.
>How crowded does the village seem to be?
>Not very. You presume most of the people have started hiding in their homes.
>What have the guys-turned-girls been doing all this time? Masturbating?
>You don't know, as you see nobody in villager clothing around here. They might not be around because they're masturbating. But just maybe.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #616 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
>Defeating Dechampisa: "I would like to see that book about the Rathi Overlay again. I believe finding out enough for Miss Yakumo to let us visit would help to find more information about what's going on."
>Acquire book and pursue, if allowed!

>Armpits: "Which means the rat doesn't have one, right?

>Swartyuyug: Hm... she mentioned a library, didn't she? Do we have a rough idea of what direction she was pointing in, and what would be over there?
>... didn't the gap in Patchouli's library show a different library...?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #617 on: September 22, 2011, 02:19:24 AM »
>Defeating Dechampisa: "I would like to see that book about the Rathi Overlay again. I believe finding out enough for Miss Yakumo to let us visit would help to find more information about what's going on."
>Dammit it's spelled deschampsia not deschampisa
>She dully says "I expected you to have to check the books repeatedly, so if you want that book again, it's right here on my desk."

>Acquire book and pursue, if allowed!
>You obtain the book and pursue what, now?

>Armpits: "Which means the rat doesn't have one, right?
>"What else do you think it meant?"

>Swartyuyug: Hm... she mentioned a library, didn't she? Do we have a rough idea of what direction she was pointing in, and what would be over there?
>You're not sure where exactly in the Human Village everything in it is, since you hardly visit it.

>... didn't the gap in Patchouli's library show a different library...?
>Yes. Yes it did. Maybe the library mentioned and the library you saw are the same...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #618 on: September 22, 2011, 02:27:05 AM »
>Shiki: Find the part about the overlay and read it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #619 on: September 22, 2011, 02:42:03 AM »
>Deafeningly Dechampsia: After thanking Patchouli, of course.

>Cobra Commander: "Making sure that IS what you meant. ... the pause threw me off."
>... if we get a moment alone with Yukari, maybe we should talk with her for a few seconds.

>Halifuyus: "Didn't the gap in our library show another one? Perhaps that's the one that this girl from the other world is referring to... I'm afraid I don't know the village well, where was she pointing towards?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #620 on: September 22, 2011, 04:55:11 AM »
>Shiki: Find the part about the overlay and read it.
>Deafeningly Dechampsia: After thanking Patchouli, of course.
>You thank Patchouli. She says "You're welcome..."
>You then flip to the index, and from there you flip to the page on the overlay. You them read some things about the Rathi Overlay, including about how a being named Yawgmoth created Rath to use as a base for creatures known as Phyrexians, which he then planned to overlay onto a world named Dominaria to invade it...
>The slip of paper that actually mentioned natural overlays is still there, so you read about that. You read that signs that an overlay is going to happen is the appearance of mysterious gaps, people, and things...wait what exactly were you looking for again?
>Cobra Commander: "Making sure that IS what you meant. ... the pause threw me off."
>"That pause was me doing a quick check."
>... if we get a moment alone with Yukari, maybe we should talk with her for a few seconds.
>You probably could go around the large structure the gap is situated on for privacy...
>Halifuyus: "Didn't the gap in our library show another one? Perhaps that's the one that this girl from the other world is referring to... I'm afraid I don't know the village well, where was she pointing towards?"
>Rikako says "Hmm...in that direction is the Scarlet Devil Mansion and Youkai Mountain."

>Response to Ijiyatsu E-Mouse processed.
>"Is flying not fast enough? Because I'm afraid I don't know of anything faster."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #621 on: September 22, 2011, 05:15:35 AM »
>You then flip to the index, and from there you flip to the page on the overlay. You them read some things about the Rathi Overlay, including about how a being named Yawgmoth created Rath to use as a base for creatures known as Phyrexians, which he then planned to overlay onto a world named Dominaria to invade it...
>The slip of paper that actually mentioned natural overlays is still there, so you read about that. You read that signs that an overlay is going to happen is the appearance of mysterious gaps, people, and things...wait what exactly were you looking for again?

>The progression of an overlay. We need to know what happens during an overlay and when in the process it happens. A better understanding of the process may be needed to halt and, if necessary, reverse it. It may be necessary to visit Dominaria for this; presumably, that world would have records of what happened.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2011, 04:01:47 AM »
>The progression of an overlay. We need to know what happens during an overlay and when in the process it happens. A better understanding of the process may be needed to halt and, if necessary, reverse it. It may be necessary to visit Dominaria for this; presumably, that world would have records of what happened.
>You flip to the back of the slip of paper, and read about the progression of a natural overlay: In the area that is being overlaid, you can expect any mysterious gaps to expand, consume the whole area, and transport it to the area being overlaid on. You can sometimes also expect strange mutations, due to interference with the ?ther, the space between worlds.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #623 on: September 23, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »
>Definitely Dechampsia: Is there any information about what sort of mutations these are? What do we know about the ?ther between worlds?

>Xenodermatinae Xenophobe: "Right, yeah, thanks."
>Naw, needs to be natural. Maybe go last when she's heading out or whatever.

>Yuyullooets: "My, my, more coincidences... I wonder what would happen if that library tried to warp onto Patchouli's?"
>Probably something unpleasant...

>Primauguet Pennypincher: "Boss, I don't see anything wrong here. What am I supposed to be looking for?"
>Chupacabra Clubber: "The heck's goin' on, anyways?"

-----

>Fatmus: Bingo. Well, better not show too much eagerness about that. "Well, I guess it'd be fast enough, just wondered if there'd be something more convenient..."
>Shrug. Glance at the gap. ... any chance they're still listening in?
>Goddamnit we're taking this seriously aren't we. Damnit.
>Time to announce our departure... what does Purvis look like, to give her an idea of who to look out for in case we miss him en route to where the library should be?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #624 on: September 24, 2011, 02:35:51 AM »
>Definitely Dechampsia: Is there any information about what sort of mutations these are? What do we know about the ?ther between worlds?
>Mutations may include the fusion include the fusion of creatures, like this and this, as you see from two pictures.
>You know nothing about the ?ther between worlds outside the fact that it's between worlds.

>Xenodermatinae Xenophobe: "Right, yeah, thanks."
>Naw, needs to be natural. Maybe go last when she's heading out or whatever.
>You think you need to exit as if you would act normally.

>Yuyullooets: "My, my, more coincidences... I wonder what would happen if that library tried to warp onto Patchouli's?"
>Probably something unpleasant...
>Bad things would happen...

>Primauguet Pennypincher: "Boss, I don't see anything wrong here. What am I supposed to be looking for?"
>Only barely was I able to identify that nickname as Komachi.

>Chupacabra Clubber: "The heck's goin' on, anyways?"
>...Holy shit, could get any more convoluted? Geez, this is starting to give you a headache.

>Fatmus: Bingo. Well, better not show too much eagerness about that. "Well, I guess it'd be fast enough, just wondered if there'd be something more convenient..."
>"Not that I know of."

>Shrug. Glance at the gap. ... any chance they're still listening in?
>Goddamnit we're taking this seriously aren't we. Damnit.
>Time to announce our departure... what does Purvis look like, to give her an idea of who to look out for in case we miss him en route to where the library should be?
>He should stand out...middle-aged men are rare around here, even more so that all of the men in the Human Village have apparently been turned to lolis. But if you want a description, he has short green hair and a perma stubble. That's all that you think you need to distinguish him...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:30:15 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #625 on: September 24, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »
>Reimu: "Komachi, we're looking through the gap, and we're seeing things that look like they came out of the human village. That's why Shiki wanted you there. But nothing's happening?"
>Shiki: Is there any information on properties of the gaps that appear? Does it seem like the gaps we've been seeing are that type of gap?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #626 on: September 24, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »
>Reimu: "Komachi, we're looking through the gap, and we're seeing things that look like they came out of the human village. That's why Shiki wanted you there. But nothing's happening?"
>Komachi says "No, nothing weird as far as I can see."

>Shiki: Is there any information on properties of the gaps that appear? Does it seem like the gaps we've been seeing are that type of gap?
>There is a picture with the caption "This is what these gaps usually look like. Sometimes they're black instead of white. They vary very significantly in size, and some of them may even form in areas that aren't exactly supposed to be physical, like one's subconscious." You see a picture of a shining opaque white gap, which looks exactly the same as the gaps you've seen through today and yesterday.
>Wait a minute, this slip of paper is even bigger than it looks...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #627 on: September 24, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
>Shiki: Unfold it or whatever so that we can see all of it, and read the rest of it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #628 on: September 24, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
>Snapper Slapper: Does the part of the village through Rikako's device look like any particular segment of the Human Village that we recognize? If so, direct Komachi to go there.
>"You're lookin' for a girl in gray with an arrow thing in her hair talking to someone with purple ear things and hair that looks kinda like animal ears. At least one of 'em is probably from outside Gensokyo..."
>If we can see them here, then how are they not at the village...?

>Ranavola Reaper: Go check it out. Presuming nothing there, "Still not seeing them."
>Gravitational Grasshopper: It's not just that, we slept through a fair bit of exposition! Ugh. Take a drink, this is getting to be a pain...

>Ghostly Garibaldi: Carefully keep track of events in Rikako's device, since no one else seems to be focused on it.

-----

>Rodentius: Considering that he may have been hit by the same genderswap thing, that may not be helpful. What about what he's wearing, since the guys here didn't seem to change clothes?
>"Guess I should head out, then. Thanks for the, uh, welcome, ma'am. Though... could I ask you to keep an eye out for my friends? Especially Purv. Just let him know Mouse is lookin' for him - he'll know what you mean. Short green hair, kinda stubbly..."
>Sideways grin. "Though I guess that wouldn't help much if he got lolified, would it?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #629 on: September 25, 2011, 12:29:05 AM »
>Shiki: Unfold it or whatever so that we can see all of it, and read the rest of it.
>You attempt to unfold it. Fully unfolded, it is a square sheet of paper as wide as from one of your shoulders to another. The thing is, the slip of paper never showed any signs of being this large when you looked at it at first.
>The font is fairly small, so reading this might take a while. About as long as some of the replies I posted in this thread. What information will you be looking for?

>Snapper Slapper: Does the part of the village through Rikako's device look like any particular segment of the Human Village that we recognize? If so, direct Komachi to go there.
>This place kinda looks like the northernmost part of the human village, and I say "kinda" due to all the new buildings that have appeared. You direct Komachi there.

>"You're lookin' for a girl in gray with an arrow thing in her hair talking to someone with purple ear things and hair that looks kinda like animal ears. At least one of 'em is probably from outside Gensokyo..."
>If we can see them here, then how are they not at the village...?
>Maybe there's a place somewhere that looks just like the village?
>Ranavola Reaper: Go check it out. Presuming nothing there, "Still not seeing them."
>Nope, it's as normal as ever.

>Gravitational Grasshopper: It's not just that, we slept through a fair bit of exposition! Ugh. Take a drink, this is getting to be a pain...
>You attempt to drown away the convolution (convolutedness?) of the whole thing.

>Ghostly Garibaldi: Carefully keep track of events in Rikako's device, since no one else seems to be focused on it.
>You carefully regard current events through Rikako's device.
>RIkako says "This situation is rather...complex, isn't it?"

>Rodentius: Considering that he may have been hit by the same genderswap thing, that may not be helpful. What about what he's wearing, since the guys here didn't seem to change clothes?
>A green jacket and a white shirt. You presume Gensokyoans don't know what jeans are.
>"Guess I should head out, then. Thanks for the, uh, welcome, ma'am. Though... could I ask you to keep an eye out for my friends? Especially Purv. Just let him know Mouse is lookin' for him - he'll know what you mean. Short green hair, kinda stubbly..."
>Sideways grin. "Though I guess that wouldn't help much if he got lolified, would it?"
>Processing reply.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:45:29 PM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »