Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 174563 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #780 on: November 26, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
>Shiki: "All right, everyone. The voice is moving its platform over to the mountains, and expects that this will take about an hour-so a little less than that from now. Supposedly, we're just going to talk, but I have no intention of being caught off-guard. If it comes to battle, everyone here is quite capable under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, however, this is not an ordinary enemy, and it may be able to interfere with our abilities."
>Utsuho: "Huh?"
>Shiki: "It has previously demonstrated a capability to interfere with the powers of others. It can do so gradually, as it did with me, but there is also at least some disruption it can do in an instant, as it did to Koishi yesterday. If it comes to battle, the enemy may very well be able to disrupt all of our abilities. Suika."
>Suika: "Huh? What?"
>Shiki: "It may be able to interfere with our abilities, but I doubt it can do anything about physical strength, and in that area, you far outmatch the rest of us. If it disrupts our abilities, you should still be able to fight effectively."
>Suika: "Oh, okay. I'll be ready."
>Shiki: "Yukari, will you be accompanying us?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #781 on: November 26, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »
>Shiki: "All right, everyone. The voice is moving its platform over to the mountains, and expects that this will take about an hour-so a little less than that from now. Supposedly, we're just going to talk, but I have no intention of being caught off-guard. If it comes to battle, everyone here is quite capable under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, however, this is not an ordinary enemy, and it may be able to interfere with our abilities."
>Utsuho: "Huh?"
>Shiki: "It has previously demonstrated a capability to interfere with the powers of others. It can do so gradually, as it did with me, but there is also at least some disruption it can do in an instant, as it did to Koishi yesterday. If it comes to battle, the enemy may very well be able to disrupt all of our abilities. Suika."
>Suika: "Huh? What?"
>Shiki: "It may be able to interfere with our abilities, but I doubt it can do anything about physical strength, and in that area, you far outmatch the rest of us. If it disrupts our abilities, you should still be able to fight effectively."
>Suika: "Oh, okay. I'll be ready."
>Shiki: "Yukari, will you be accompanying us?
>"Of course."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #782 on: November 27, 2011, 01:02:03 AM »
>Rabat Wrybill: Ah... maybe that's what she was worried about last night...?

>Deodorant Defeater: Finish giving Koishi a deathglare.
>"So we going now or what?"

-----

>Fatmus: Raise an eyebrow at Patchouli. "... 'sealed evils in a can?' Wasn't expecting you to use that sorta terminology..."
>DO we have any sealed evils in a can at the library? Or from our world in general, for that matter? Well, aside from Erebus, at least...
>Presuming not, "But not really, as far as I'm aware. I assume I shouldn't be worrying about Flandre, either?"
>"... although, there was a bit of an incident going on on our side when this happened. Some sort of rowdy earth elementals or something? That's what made the hole in the wall back where I found you."
>Make our way in Remi's general direction while talking. Keep an eye out for anything unusual, especially one of the other Ijiatsus.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #783 on: November 27, 2011, 01:04:28 AM »
>Shiki: "All right. Keep tabs on the state of your abilities Yukari; if at any time they are being disrupted, say so at once. Otherwise, be ready in case we need to make a quick exit. Previously, this platform was high enough that Reimu and I couldn't breathe. I want to be ready in case the voice attempts to raise it that high again."
>Komachi: "It sounds like the thing can't move all that fast, though, if it'll take an hour to get it moved to the mountains."
>Shiki: "When Yuyuko previously tried to approach it, it moved more quickly than she could."
>Komachi: "Ah."
>Shiki: "Be ready, Komachi. If the platform starts to rise, stretch distance above it to slow it down. And as with Yukari, let me know immediately if your abilities become disrupted."
>"I think we're ready, then. Let us proceed to the mountains and await the platform's arrival. Yukari, a gap, please."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #784 on: November 29, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
>Rabat Wrybill: Ah... maybe that's what she was worried about last night...?
>Maybe that's why she didn't speak to you much...

>Deodorant Defeater: Finish giving Koishi a deathglare.
>"So we going now or what?"
>Shiki: "All right. Keep tabs on the state of your abilities Yukari; if at any time they are being disrupted, say so at once. Otherwise, be ready in case we need to make a quick exit. Previously, this platform was high enough that Reimu and I couldn't breathe. I want to be ready in case the voice attempts to raise it that high again."
>Komachi: "It sounds like the thing can't move all that fast, though, if it'll take an hour to get it moved to the mountains."
>Shiki: "When Yuyuko previously tried to approach it, it moved more quickly than she could."
>Komachi: "Ah."
>Shiki: "Be ready, Komachi. If the platform starts to rise, stretch distance above it to slow it down. And as with Yukari, let me know immediately if your abilities become disrupted."
>"I think we're ready, then. Let us proceed to the mountains and await the platform's arrival. Yukari, a gap, please."
>"Wait there for an hour or so while doing nothing else?"

>Fatmus: Raise an eyebrow at Patchouli. "... 'sealed evils in a can?' Wasn't expecting you to use that sorta terminology..."
>DO we have any sealed evils in a can at the library? Or from our world in general, for that matter? Well, aside from Erebus, at least...
>Aside from [insert gender-appropriate noun referring to Erebus here], you haven't heard of any.
>Presuming not, "But not really, as far as I'm aware. I assume I shouldn't be worrying about Flandre, either?"
>"As long as your library doesn't have a basement, then you shouldn't. The mistress's sister doesn't leave the basement unless she's allowed to."
>"... although, there was a bit of an incident going on on our side when this happened. Some sort of rowdy earth elementals or something? That's what made the hole in the wall back where I found you."
>"Interesting. Any details on them other than that?"
>Make our way in Remi's general direction while talking. Keep an eye out for anything unusual, especially one of the other Ijiatsus.
>You talk while heading in Remilia's general direction. You don't see anything unusual. Yet.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #785 on: November 29, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
>Shiki: "If any of you would rather partake in other activities in the intervening time, then by all means do so. Komachi and I, however, will be proceeding to the mountains immediately. And, no, I do not intend to simply stand around for the next hour."
>Reimu: "Yeah? Then what do you intend to do?"
>Shiki: "The voice could keep the platform at its current location and simply lower it, but it is not doing so. It originally wanted to teleport us directly to the platform, but I refused that. So now, instead of just lowering it where it is, the voice is taking time to move it to the mountains. Much more time than it needs to, going by Yuyuko's observations of its speed. So I have to wonder just why this is."
>Komachi: "You think it's hiding something?"
>Shiki: "I do. There may well be a reason it chose the mountains, and I want to know just what that reason is. So you and I will be spending the next hour looking into that, seeing if we can figure out why it chose that particular location. Making sure that if there's some sort of secret, we find out what it is. Anyone else who wants to may accompany us; otherwise, we will notify you through Yukari when the platform arrives. Yukari, please give me the gap, if you would."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #786 on: November 30, 2011, 04:27:37 AM »
>Reptile Wrangler: Hmph. Well, that does give us time to tie up a loose end or two, maybe... though this is a real pain in the ass.
>"You'd better let me know if you find ANYTHING."
>Loose end one. Why's Rikako got this thing, anyway. Turn to the heretic and eye her for a moment. "So why were you making that thing, anyway?"

-----

>Narcissism: "Doesn't leave unless she's allowed to, eh? Rather obedient for someone supposed to be so powerful... though I was hoping that it wouldn't be too much of a problem if we DID have a basement. Sometimes Flandre's just portrayed as a cute little girl that doesn't know her own strength, so..."
>Shrug.
>"And I don't know much about those earth elemental things. Just know that they show up after earthquakes or something, and there's no real evidence of them being connected to this overlay mess. Was gonna leave it to our usual incident solvers or whoever felt like figuring out more, but at this point, I don't know what's going to happen... hopefully Reimu won't blame it on us."
>That's enough chat for now. Call out: "Ruro! Sakana?" Pause. "... Remilia?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #787 on: November 30, 2011, 07:05:17 AM »
>Shiki: "If any of you would rather partake in other activities in the intervening time, then by all means do so. Komachi and I, however, will be proceeding to the mountains immediately. And, no, I do not intend to simply stand around for the next hour."
>Reimu: "Yeah? Then what do you intend to do?"
>Shiki: "The voice could keep the platform at its current location and simply lower it, but it is not doing so. It originally wanted to teleport us directly to the platform, but I refused that. So now, instead of just lowering it where it is, the voice is taking time to move it to the mountains. Much more time than it needs to, going by Yuyuko's observations of its speed. So I have to wonder just why this is."
>Komachi: "You think it's hiding something?"
>Shiki: "I do. There may well be a reason it chose the mountains, and I want to know just what that reason is. So you and I will be spending the next hour looking into that, seeing if we can figure out why it chose that particular location. Making sure that if there's some sort of secret, we find out what it is. Anyone else who wants to may accompany us; otherwise, we will notify you through Yukari when the platform arrives. Yukari, please give me the gap, if you would."
>"This thing doesn't have as much power as it did a few months ago?err, yesterday. And going through the atmosphere takes quite a bit of work."
>Yukari opens up a gap
>Reptile Wrangler: Hmph. Well, that does give us time to tie up a loose end or two, maybe... though this is a real pain in the ass.
>Such a pain...as if you hadn't been thinking this entire thing was a big drag.
>"You'd better let me know if you find ANYTHING."
>Loose end one. Why's Rikako got this thing, anyway. Turn to the heretic and eye her for a moment. "So why were you making that thing, anyway?"
>"You mean this?" She heaves her heavy camera-like device in your general direction, as if she wanted to specifically mean that.

>Narcissism: "Doesn't leave unless she's allowed to, eh? Rather obedient for someone supposed to be so powerful... though I was hoping that it wouldn't be too much of a problem if we DID have a basement. Sometimes Flandre's just portrayed as a cute little girl that doesn't know her own strength, so..."
>"Well, I suppose those works are accurate."
>Shrug.
>"And I don't know much about those earth elemental things. Just know that they show up after earthquakes or something, and there's no real evidence of them being connected to this overlay mess. Was gonna leave it to our usual incident solvers or whoever felt like figuring out more, but at this point, I don't know what's going to happen... hopefully Reimu won't blame it on us."
>"Ah, Reimu? I doubt she would blame that on anybody who obviously doesn't seem to be responsible."
>That's enough chat for now. Call out: "Ruro! Sakana?" Pause. "... Remilia?"
>After walking a bit, you call out.
>You hear "Yeah? It's me, Ruro!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #788 on: November 30, 2011, 07:41:36 AM »
>Shiki:  "I recall having previously asked Rikako that, Reimu. If I'm remembering correctly, she said it was to guard against sudden appearances by Yukari."
>"Also, the voice just remarked that moving through the atmosphere is harder. It also said that the platform doesn't have as much power as it did a few months ago, then amended that to 'yesterday'."
>"And yes, Reimu, I'll let you know if I find anything. Komachi, let's go."
>Shiki/Komachi: Enter the gap.
>Suika: What the heck, there's nothing better to do. Except drink, but we can do that anyways. Enter the gap. While drinking.
>Utsuho: Look at Koishi.
>"Um... what are you going to do?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #789 on: November 30, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
>Skink Scratcher: "Yeah, but it's still pretty damn convenient it happens right when this voice thing shows up."
>Frown. "Especially when it does things that Yukari apparently can't..."

-----

>Rodentius: Sheesh... it's like Patchouli isn't aware of the dangers of someone assuming we're the cause of the new problems for showing up at the same time. Especially given Reimu's history of beating down everyone on the way to the real cause of the problem...
>... wait! Ruro!
>Break into a grin. "Ruro!"
>Rush over! Good case would be a 'Mousey! You're alive!' and a hug but let's not try to be overeager...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #790 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:31 AM »
>Shiki:  "I recall having previously asked Rikako that, Reimu. If I'm remembering correctly, she said it was to guard against sudden appearances by Yukari."
>Rikako says "No, that was my other device."

>"Also, the voice just remarked that moving through the atmosphere is harder. It also said that the platform doesn't have as much power as it did a few months ago, then amended that to 'yesterday'."
>"And yes, Reimu, I'll let you know if I find anything. Komachi, let's go."
>Shiki/Komachi: Enter the gap.
>Suika: What the heck, there's nothing better to do. Except drink, but we can do that anyways. Enter the gap. While drinking.
>Utsuho: Look at Koishi.
>"Um... what are you going to do?"
>"I...think I will wait at the mountains."
>She follows the Yama into the gap.
>Skink Scratcher: "Yeah, but it's still pretty damn convenient it happens right when this voice thing shows up."
>Rikako responds "Well, correlation doesn't imply causation. It's just a coincidence."
>Frown. "Especially when it does things that Yukari apparently can't..."
>"Well, who knows what this thing is?"

>Rodentius: Sheesh... it's like Patchouli isn't aware of the dangers of someone assuming we're the cause of the new problems for showing up at the same time. Especially given Reimu's history of beating down everyone on the way to the real cause of the problem...
>... wait! Ruro!
>Break into a grin. "Ruro!"
>Rush over! Good case would be a 'Mousey! You're alive!' and a hug but let's not try to be overeager...
>O rly.
>You follow the voice and realize that Ruro is further away than you had thought.
>Patchouli floats over to you.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #791 on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
>Asp Master: "Uh-huh. But it's not always coincidence. So why'd you want to make THIS one?"

-----

>Shameless Self Insert: To Patchouli, "She's a good friend of mine and one of the bigger players, glad we found her!"
>Call out again, "Ruro! Where are ya?"
>Head on to find her!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #792 on: December 03, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »
>Asp Master: "Uh-huh. But it's not always coincidence. So why'd you want to make THIS one?"
>"Well...one day I just randomly thought about the possibility of other worlds. Then I got this strong curiosity, and then I started building this device. Yeah, probably an answer you'll not be satisfied with, but don't beat me up."

>Shameless Self Insert: To Patchouli, "She's a good friend of mine and one of the bigger players, glad we found her!"
>Call out again, "Ruro! Where are ya?"
>"Further in, talking with Remilia."
>Patchouli mutters something.

>Head on to find her!
>You and Patchy head on. You pass through a hallway, and after a while you reach an area with five doors. Patchouli passes through one of them, and you follow her.
>You find Ruro sitting on a couch, and Remilia sitting on an opposite couch. Between the couches is a table with one teacup.
>Remilia says "Hello, Patchouli. I see you've managed to socialize with somebody else."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #793 on: December 04, 2011, 01:55:49 AM »
>Shiki/Komachi/Suika/Koishi: Look around.
>Utsuho: "Um... um... what should I do? Um..."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #794 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:02 AM »
>Dibamidae Dabbler: Eye the heretic warily for a moment. "... not hearing any voices or anything?"

-----

>Fatmus: One teacup? Huh...
>Wait, that's not the point.
>"Uh, apparently. And she's been quite friendly, for that matter."
>To Ruro, "Great to see you're okay, Ruro. I take it you've told Remilia about our situation?"
>... this may be a tense situation, considering Ruro's poor opinion of Remi... wonder what we've missed here.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #795 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »

>Dibamidae Dabbler: Eye the heretic warily for a moment. "... not hearing any voices or anything?"
>Rikako says "No."

>Fatmus: One teacup? Huh...
>Doesn't look like Ruro feels like drinking tea.
>Wait, that's not the point.
>"Uh, apparently. And she's been quite friendly, for that matter."
>Patchouli says "Indeed..."
>To Ruro, "Great to see you're okay, Ruro. I take it you've told Remilia about our situation?"
>"Yes...I have."
>... this may be a tense situation, considering Ruro's poor opinion of Remi... wonder what we've missed here.
>Hopefully there wasn't a fight or something. There are no signs of a danmaku fight, though.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #796 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:48 AM »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #797 on: December 05, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »
>Nobody answers.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #798 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:16 AM »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #799 on: December 07, 2011, 04:40:23 AM »
>...Wow, crap.

>You look around. You are on a large, flat area. On one side is the rest of the mountain, and on the other is empty air. Wow, it's high.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #800 on: December 07, 2011, 05:06:01 AM »
>Shiki: "Suika, split up and search the area. The main you comes with the rest of us. We're going up to the top."
>Suika: Send out the mini-Suikas!
>Mini-Suikas: Spread out and search for anything unusual.
>Shiki/Suika/Komachi/Koishi: Begin ascending the mountain. Using flight, of course.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #801 on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:24 AM »
>Shiki: "Suika, split up and search the area. The main you comes with the rest of us. We're going up to the top."
>Suika: Send out the mini-Suikas!
>You split mini-Suikas off from yourself to do your bidding.

>Mini-Suikas: Spread out and search for anything unusual.
>You spread out and search the square-shaped plateau you're on for any hidden pathways and unusual things. You don't find any, nor do you see a way to get off this plateau without flying.

>Shiki/Suika/Komachi/Koishi: Begin ascending the mountain. Using flight, of course.
>You're already close to the top of the mountain, and it looks like this is the highest flat area on the mountain.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #802 on: December 07, 2011, 07:05:03 AM »
>Shiki: "Komachi, go with Suika. descend from the plateau and see if you can find anything. And no drinking."
>Komachi: "Hey, that was during a break! I wouldn't do that when I'm on the job!"
>Shiki: "Good. Koishi, you're with me. we're going up to the peak."
>Komachi/Suika: Descend and lok around.
>Suika: Make our army of us look, too.
>Shiki/Komachi: Head for the peak.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #803 on: December 08, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »
>Shiki: "Komachi, go with Suika. descend from the plateau and see if you can find anything. And no drinking."
>Komachi: "Hey, that was during a break! I wouldn't do that when I'm on the job!"
>Shiki: "Good. Koishi, you're with me. we're going up to the peak."
>She nods silently

>Komachi/Suika: Descend and look around.
>Suika: Make our army of us look, too.
>You look around. The large amount of the area around here is mountainside too sloped for you to stand on. You go around the mountain a few times, but find nothing unusual.

>Shiki/Koishi: Head for the peak.
>You head for the peak. There's...no place you can stand on, as the ground in entirely sloped. You get a good view of the surrounding area, though.
>On one side is what apparently is the Outside World, although you don't see any indication that humans have changed it, On your other side, the side the plateau is on, is clearly Gensokyo. You can see Youkai Mountain far to your right.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #804 on: December 12, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »
>You twiddle your thumbs.

(Bump.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #805 on: December 12, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »
Sorry.

>Shiki: Is the outside world usually visible from within Gensokyo? Can the border be seen through?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #806 on: December 12, 2011, 03:06:49 AM »
>Shiki: Is the outside world usually visible from within Gensokyo? Can the border be seen through?
>Since Gensokyo is enclosed within mountains, you usually can't see it. Now that you're higher than a mountain, you can clearly see that the border can be seen through, with no obvious visible signs that it's there.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #807 on: December 12, 2011, 03:36:09 AM »
>Shiki: "I wonder... perhaps the choice of this location is in some way symbolic. One can see all of Gensokyo, and the outside world is clearly visible as well. The intent here may be to make a statement."
>Shiki/Koishi: Examine the peak. Is there anything of interest?
>Suika: Reunite.
>Suika/Komachi: Join the other two at the peak, keeping an eye out for anything noteworthy as we head up there.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #808 on: December 12, 2011, 06:10:01 AM »
>Kinosternidae Killar: Frown at Rikako for a minute. Sigh. "Fine. But if you're getting manipulated by something here, I swear..."
>Sigh and head through the gap to the rest.

-----

>Rodentius: Nod. "Right. Uh... then I guess I have a few things to add to that? Something weird happened in Mary Quest, and... ah, wait."
>Look at Remilia for a moment. "I'm... not sure if it's much to ask, but there's another girl from Ijiatsu stuck between some shelves over there." Point. "Patchouli had a good idea about seeing if Sakuya's manipulation of space could get her out of there, so..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #809 on: December 12, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »
>Shiki: "I wonder... perhaps the choice of this location is in some way symbolic. One can see all of Gensokyo, and the outside world is clearly visible as well. The intent here may be to make a statement."
>"Not really. It was just large and spacious enough for the platform to fit, and secluded enough so that it won't draw attention."

>Shiki/Koishi: Examine the peak. Is there anything of interest?
>Other than the aforementioned, not really.

>Suika: Reunite.
>You rebasorb the mini-Suikas within yourself.

>Suika/Komachi: Join the other two at the peak, keeping an eye out for anything noteworthy as we head up there.
>You head back up to the peak, keeping an eye out for anything interesting on the way. You don't find anything suspicious or interesting on your way there.
>You eventually join with the other two.

>Kinosternidae Killar: Frown at Rikako for a minute. Sigh. "Fine. But if you're getting manipulated by something here, I swear..."
>Sigh and head through the gap to the rest.
>You sigh. Ugh...Then you head into the gap.
>You find yourself at a flat area high up on the side of a mountain. Nobody is around.

>Rodentius: Nod. "Right. Uh... then I guess I have a few things to add to that? Something weird happened in Mary Quest, and... ah, wait."
>Look at Remilia for a moment. "I'm... not sure if it's much to ask, but there's another girl from Ijiatsu stuck between some shelves over there." Point. "Patchouli had a good idea about seeing if Sakuya's manipulation of space could get her out of there, so..."
>Remilia, in a questioning voice, says "Stuck between shelves?"