Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!  (Read 283378 times)

HGH

Re: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!
« Reply #960 on: November 04, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
>Obtain Monkeygun
>Trade in Polar Star for Machine Gun for added mobility
>Check requirements for Chicago Typewriter
>Steal De-Mat Gun from Eirin

« Reply #961 on: November 04, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »
>Make sure to pack our trusty Land Shark Gun. After all, what more appropriate to take on a trip to the Underground than a weapon that travels underground?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #962 on: November 05, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »
> We need a gun that shoots guns!

> ...That shoots swords?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #963 on: November 05, 2012, 12:36:52 AM »
> We need a gun that shoots guns!

> ...That shoots swords?
A gun that shoots gunswords. Or bayonetes. One of the two.

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
  • v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #964 on: November 05, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
A gun that shoots gunswords. Or bayonetes. One of the two.

A rifle with a bayonet that shoots guns that shoot swords.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #965 on: November 05, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »
> Gun that shoots swords

> I've got just the thing:
>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #966 on: November 05, 2012, 02:39:59 PM »
> Grab the one that shoots shuriken and lightning bolts.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #967 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
> Fill grenade belt with HHGs of Aunty Ock.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #968 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:50 PM »
@Fightest

I once drew a comic that was like that, back in like 2010.

> Stuffman: Consider usefulness of exploding knife guns.

« Reply #969 on: November 06, 2012, 10:34:42 AM »
>How does Reisen feel about shotguns?
>AA-12, Makarov, PP-19, FA-MAS, G11, MP 40, Welrod. Or maybe a slingshot.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #970 on: November 19, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »
[ in this update, we pretend Stuffman can draw guns ]

> Reisen: Get MP7s.

This is a common human weapon from the OUTSIDE WORLD. It's an SMG that can penetrate light armor. Ammo for it is plentiful, and it does pretty alright in terms of damage. You use it in a lot of DANMAKU BATTLES.

And, of course, it's light enough to dual-wield, so you grab two (2). These will be your primary weapons.

> Reisen: Get Hecate II.

This is a bolt-action anti-material SNIPER RIFLE, and your preferred long-distance weapon of choice. As long as it isn't moving too fast, you can land a shot on any human-sized object at an incredible distance with excellent accuracy. It takes TWO ROUNDS TO FIRE, but the results can be devastating. You have a good supply of HE rounds for it, too!

Plus, let's face it. That huge muzzle brake on the end of it just makes it look awesome. It really sends the message that this gun is going to wreck somebody's shit.

> Reisen: Get .44 Magnum.

I know what you're thinking. "Did she fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do ya, punk?

Unfortunately, you do not have a sufficient VIM rating to dual-wield this LUDICROUSLY POWERFUL SIDEARM, but the RIDICULOUS CRIT BONUS it carries makes it able to just edge out most of your handguns in short-term DPS.

> Reisen: Get Mk22.

This is a Mk22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy". It is a silenced pistol modified to fire tranquilizer bullets. They take some time to work, but with your PHARMATECH skills you can produce toxins that should be able to take down most creatures in Gensokyo (provided they do not manage to locate and dismember you before you manage to put enough bullets into them).

This particular handgun is a well-maintained antique, said to have been used by the LEGENDARY HUMAN SOLDIER, UNCLOTHED SERPENT.

> Reisen: Get Force-A-Nature.

This is a common but reliable double-barreled shotgun. It does excellent damage against soft targets at close range. It also has ONE HELL OF A KICK, which your VIM RATING is not sufficient to counteract. You are able to use this to your advantage somewhat, as the lightness of the gun combined with the kick provides a BACKWARDS BOOST that can be useful for EVASIVE PURPOSES.

BASICALLY, KIND OF A BIG DEAL.

> Reisen: Get Proton Pack.

Super-effective against ghosts! Unfortunately, much to your dismay, this weapon qualifies as a GADGET rather than a GUN; you need SCIENCETECH to gain proficiency with it. It isn't very effective in your hands at all. You leave it behind.

> Reisen: Get Golden Gun.

This is one of your favorites. This ASSASSINATION WEAPON breaks down into what appears to be a fancy set made up of a PEN, LIGHTER, CIGARETTE CASE, and CUFFLINK. It can only be loaded with a single bullet, but if equipped with 23-CARAT AMMO, it is the most powerful handgun you own! Unfortunately, you just can't afford to craft that kind of expensive ammunition; you instead load it with PYRITE AMMO as a substitute. Much weaker, but a weapon that an enemy can't find if you're captured tends to prove itself useful.

Since it can be broken down into useful common objects, it takes up space in your INVENTORY rather than your LOADOUT, so there's really no reason not to bring it.

> Reisen: Get Stungun.

Sort of worthless, it's not likely to incapacitate anything stronger than a fairy. Still, it barely takes up any space, so you might as well take it.

> Reisen: Get EM-1 Railgun.

Now we're cooking with gas. This is an incredibly powerful and accurate rifle; the things it cannot penetrate are close to none. The firing speed is on the slow side, but the damage potential is outstanding, especially against sturdy targets that would resist your handguns. You currently have six rounds for it. It's relatively inexpensive to craft the ALUMINUM SLUGS it uses for ammo, but it is very, very time consuming.

It has an X-Ray Scope as well, but it is currently broken. You cannot currently craft or repair this weapon because it operates using technology you DON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL. Seriously, it makes no sense; why is it so strong if the bullets are made of aluminum? How does it generate enough power for a railgun using modern earth technology? It's almost like it's one of those pseudoscientific weapons that come out of SHITTY ACTION MOVIES or something. Oh well.

> Reisen: Get BFG9000.

There! The most beautiful sight any soldier can behold...THE GUN. THE BIG GUN!

But...you do not have enough VIM to wield this weapon!! You can't even fit it in your loadout. You'd have to be a BERSERKER PACKING RABBIT AND A HALF to use this PARAGON OF PLASMA WEAPONS. Still, it is a valuable part of your collection. Maybe, just maybe, you will be worthy to carry this glorious weapon someday.

> Reisen: Get Zorg ZF-1.

Soon.

> Reisen: Get Barn Blaster.

Never.

Some random kappa gave you this design to look over. Who makes a gun out of bricks!? While this monstrosity is certainly powerful, it explodes when you pull the trigger, so you're pretty sure there isn't any way to shoot this gun without killing yourself.

> Reisen: Get Nemesis.

Despite the IMPOSING NAME, this is a goofy little weapon that just fires unguided DUCKIE DRONES. It does basically no damage. The CRAFTING REQUIREMENTS for this gun are incredibly high, so it must be some kind of cruel joke weapon.

You bring it along for the party, might make a decent conversation piece.

> Reisen: Get Caster Gun.

This is a very interesting gun you've managed to get your paws on. It uses CASTER SHELLS as ammunition, which release powerful MAGIC SPELLS on impact. It's useful against targets that are vulnerable to MAGICAL DAMAGE, something a GUNTECH user is typically lacking in.

However, in order to make ammo for it, you need to be a MAGICIAN, and all the magicians you know are jerks. All you have left is a single #3 CASTER SHELL. You decide to bring it along; maybe you'll meet a magician who isn't a jerk.

> Reisen: Get Beam Saber.

You grab your standard issue LUNARIAN BEAM SABER to use with your BASIC MELEE ATTACK. It's a neat dark purple color. This is one of the handful of melee weapons that GUNTECH arbitrarily gives you proficiency with for some reason (most of the others are TOOLS, such as wrenches, hatchets, chainsaws, and the like).

It's a good weapon, you just don't have any melee-focused skills to use it with. Maybe you should get Youmu to teach you...but then again, maybe not. You don't really have the stomach to cut people up in close range. You'd much rather stand back and gun them down from a nice, safe distance where you won't get any blood on you.

> Reisen: Get Holy Hand Grenades.

This a regular ol' grenade, except HOLY-ELEMENTAL. It does a really good job of blowing up demons and the like. Might be useful in FORMER HELL. You grab three (3).

You need the help of a PRIEST to craft these, a service Reimu is happily willing to provide (for a TIDY PROFIT, of course).

> Reisen: Return.

Having sufficiently equipped yourself for this FRIENDLY GET-TOGETHER with nothing short of APOCALYPTIC FIREPOWER, you return to the FOYER to check on the others.

> _

[ I have a bit more and I wanted to go farther, but I can't finish it tonight, so I'll post more tomorrow ]

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #971 on: November 19, 2012, 05:49:15 AM »
Wow, I was expecting some sort of inventory-limit joke, but seems not to be.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #972 on: November 19, 2012, 05:52:51 AM »
> Lament that none of your guns shoot shuriken OR lightning bolts.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #973 on: November 19, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »
>Wear odd impractical bodysuit ensemble you once saw in a silly human light novel. Something like Blade Culture Atop A Vector.
>Acquire Tewi.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #974 on: November 19, 2012, 06:00:25 AM »
Wow, I was expecting some sort of inventory-limit joke, but seems not to be.

Reisen has both a LOADOUT and an INVENTORY. The LOADOUT is limited by weapon size, not weight, so her VIM RATING being a little below par doesn't matter.

> Lament that none of your guns shoot shuriken OR lightning bolts.

I didn't know what gun you were referencing :[
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:02:35 AM by Stuffman »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #975 on: November 19, 2012, 06:24:18 AM »
It's a gun from the game Painkiller, and the joke/reference was made by Yahtzee in this video.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #976 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:46 AM »
> Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the VIMest of them all?

« Reply #977 on: November 19, 2012, 07:56:41 AM »
Ze weapon selection (and ze references) are glorious. Well done.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #978 on: November 19, 2012, 08:51:16 AM »
Firstly, good job on the references, I enjoyed them. :D

Also...Crap, I forgot about the Nemesis. Why is it at "shooting ducks" level though? Did Reisen trip over some force gems EXP crystals or something?

On that note...

> Do we have any GUNSMITHING skill since we use GUNTECH? Maybe we can turn that Nemesis into the Quack-O-Blitzer from Ratchet and Clank 3 (which is probably my favorite weapon from video games period, I just can't see anything that can top a gun that can turn enemies into exploding, flaming ducks that dive-bomb enemies and drop exploding eggs :3c).

> See if Eirin has any CROSSBOWS, and if we're able to use them (I'm not sure if they truly count as "GUN"TECH or not).

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #979 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
References Stuffman can't make are next to none.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #980 on: November 19, 2012, 09:02:07 AM »
I think I can be content with a Stuffmangen sketch of a Barnyard Blaster.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #981 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
While I am hugely content by Huge Guts Reisen, I'll take any excuse to encourage Stuffs to draw Reisen as a million other characters. Therefore:

> See if we can fit in this one. We're fighting Magi after all.
>

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #982 on: November 19, 2012, 11:51:29 PM »
> Look for half a bunny.  Need to get to work on that BERSERKER-PACKING BUNNY AND A HALF thing.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #983 on: November 20, 2012, 12:50:08 AM »
> Keep extra special attention on hammerspace inventory (read: inside shirt) to prevent tewiscapades
> Speaking of, where is she?

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #984 on: November 20, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
> Reisen: Get Force-A-Nature.
Learn to use scatter you noob
Pretty nice selection of guns. All we're missing now is an rpg, a shotgun, and assault rifle to have a standard shoot-em-up loadout. :V
I also forgot to say "> Get Gravity-gun." Guess that'd be a "Gadget/tool" like the proton pack though.
>After acquiring Tewi, check on Eiren.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #985 on: November 20, 2012, 05:08:48 AM »
While I am hugely content by Huge Guts Reisen, I'll take any excuse to encourage Stuffs to draw Reisen as a million other characters. Therefore:

> See if we can fit in this one. We're fighting Magi after all.
>

Silly Fightest, we don't have the necessary bullets to fire that baby.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #986 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:18 AM »
We could maybe ask Kaguya...then again those bullets would have the wrong 'origin'...but maybe wounds with an 'eternal' attribute would be fun.
Dangerous thoughts!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:56:25 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: November 20, 2012, 06:34:36 AM »
Bugger that noise, we have a Caster. Who needs a magic gun when you have a SPACE MAGIC GUN!

« Reply #988 on: November 20, 2012, 06:36:09 AM »
If I didn't know exactly where the face in the BFG9000 panel was from, I'd say she has some kind of "WHAT!? NINE THOUSAND!?" look going on. ;-)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #989 on: November 20, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
If I didn't know exactly where the face in the BFG9000 panel was from, I'd say she has some kind of "WHAT!? NINE THOUSAND!?" look going on. ;-)
It's supposed to be the Doom Guy.