Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia To Be Continued (Game Over)  (Read 49909 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia To Be Continued (Game Over)
« Reply #750 on: October 29, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
beware the lolis

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #751 on: October 29, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #752 on: October 29, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
I think anyone irritated/angry with Dan should be irritated/angry with themselves or their teammates for buying what he was selling. He did his job wonderfully. (Third parties are not your friends!)

Mitsuki: I intentionally did not single Vhaltz out by name because I didn't to look like I was blaming him for anything. In retrospect though I do regret using the joint name just for the sake of convenience because it ruins the desired impersonalness of the post. I apologize for any perceived attacks on character.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #753 on: October 29, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
One day I shall roll third party and fulfillment will be glorious.

You Don't Know The Setup hardly counts ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #754 on: October 29, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
Kilga if you'd notice what I was grumpy about... Also town had no control over what I'm talking about but that's besides the point.

But really, this game broke the postcount record for MotK games by how much?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #755 on: October 29, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
It was because we were all so busy freaking the hell out from Captain Planet onwards.

Although, seriously, it's a good chunk because we had universal nighttalk for most of the game and because Day 2 lasted FOR LIKE A FUGGIN WEEK
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #756 on: October 29, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #757 on: October 29, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
I think anyone irritated/angry with Dan should be irritated/angry with themselves or their teammates for buying what he was selling. He did his job wonderfully. (Third parties are not your friends!)

Not true! Prims and I jointed with a functional SK and a Survivor once! But that was pretty much in a situation where we had nothing to lose (Question Asker is a dumb role.)

I feel like half the townies being able to flake was the main issue more than anything. Only one of them managed it, but it pretty much meant that scum could wifom all of the cop scans into being worthless.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #758 on: October 29, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »
One third of the townies had alt win condition, and two gave the townies vigs to shoot scum with (one was -required- to shoot scum and also required to defend themselves from an nk to get it), and only one of those townies left the game after achieving the win. Although I'm not sure how good vigs are in this setup >_>;

Of course, the one that left the game was practically guaranteed to achieve theirs fairly early in, rendering them effectively neutral ITP and not town, and both the vigs were unlikely to fulfill their roles (albiet me fulfilling mine would have been crazy town benefit)

The cop thing would have been okay if they didn't get false positives ON BOTH KINDS OF RESULTS, since cop is a crazy powerful role and watering it down is normally okay.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:55:41 PM by Serela »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #759 on: October 29, 2013, 07:19:14 PM »
I prefer other investigative roles to cops normally tbh.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #760 on: October 29, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »
so, PX, you're telling us our role, which was essentially BP Survivor the whole game, wasn't even full BP?

FFFFFFFUCK this setup
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #761 on: October 29, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »
As I said to PX elsewhere making one of the lyncher targets a BP JK was a bit much. Having them be town was double ouch. The lyncher wincon in this game was really hard regardless. I'm not sure how likely they could have won in any other scenario.

As for the rest of the setup, uh. No comment because it's impossible to comment on the balance of this game. Choose you're own BP vs choose you're own conditional vig.

Dan played his part as well he could, turned an almost inevitable loss into a win so I can't begrudge his win for that. :V

And yeah BT, it didn't occur to me until after the mod warnings came in so I'm thankful that they came when they did (even if I was scum).

Cops are lame.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:36:17 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #762 on: October 29, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »
Whatever happened to Lie Detectors instead of cops

Conqueror

« Reply #763 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »
Lie detectors are like unblockable guaranteed sane cops. :V

Unless you could make a modification that you couldn't detect lies related to role or alignment. Hmm.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #764 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
I was just thinking of an alignment-neutrality lie clause.

It'd still be pretty useful, but not cop-tier.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #765 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
You're complaining about a cop. In my game. I repeat, MY game.

<Keine> "PX" is (#1) FUCK DA POLICE

Also, it's not bulletproof Jailkeeper, it's reflexive self target
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:56:51 PM by PX »

« Reply #766 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »
you could have a set format for writing each person flavor/role related info and limit the lie detector to that.

edit. but i guess you would need a theme for some thing like that
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:02:12 PM by Dr Rawr »

Conqueror

« Reply #767 on: October 29, 2013, 08:33:48 PM »
Also, it's not bulletproof Jailkeeper, it's reflexive self target
you know what I mean PX B)
I'm not complaining about the cop since there was only one (as opposed to 2/3 in your previous games, which was honestly what i was expecting >_>) and it was nigh useless in this game. :v I think cops are lame in general!

« Reply #768 on: October 29, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
I already said so in the QT but I'm hoping Dark and Paladin decide to stick around to play more, I really liked how they did this game regardless of role and setup shenanigans.

I should also apologize to Serela because even if I didn't really want to out the scumteam/ITP so that the game didn't lose the little fun it had left I probably should've seriously warned him instead of doing what I did, it just somehow flew in and out of my head because I was posting in my breaks from classes.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #769 on: October 29, 2013, 10:19:04 PM »
Reflexive self target was actually kind of a great foil to 'bulletproof jailer'.  It meant I could effectively be shut down because I had no way of knowing if my block had been successful, or if the target just hadn't taken an action, or if I myself had been hit.  I had presumed night 2 I had been hit.  I was hoping to see something in thread to provoke it - seeing Dan comment that he had seen me digging was the only clue I got - that I hadn't been hit.  That allowed me to at last rule out the most likely scenario and (unfortunately incorrectly) deduce that NNR was mafia. 

It also meant that I couldn't just prove I was town by saying "Hey I am going to send player xyz to jail, test it by hitting them" or some other variant because if I was hit as well, my claim failed. 

I really enjoyed this game.  Dan played a great gambit.  We all should have killed him on day 2 but we let him go, so, that was our mistake.  It was anybody's game up until then.  Congratulations on your win, you two :)
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #770 on: October 29, 2013, 10:45:01 PM »
While it -is- a good foil, it also makes you a doc+roleblocker that's impossible to nightkill

That role going on anyone looking townie makes them an invincible wrench in scum's plans.

« Reply #771 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
I regret replacing into Validon's slot when I could've replaced into SB's scum slot which would've changed how the game went entirely '^'

all because of a coin flip

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #772 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:30 PM »
I thought Yayoi was 765 ??
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #773 on: October 30, 2013, 12:08:43 AM »
I thought Yayoi was 765 ??
The "scum" team in the mafia game wasn't the same as the canon one because then it'd be too easy to try to cheese the setup by claiming who you were.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #774 on: October 30, 2013, 01:42:13 AM »
Ryuuguu Komachi was in the game, meaning this was 2nd Vision. Which means that all of 1st vision (idolm@ster 1) is retconned :V