Author Topic: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS  (Read 25703 times)

Re: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »
Congratulations Serela for not being directly responsible for this Lylo Failure.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »
But yeah as soon as I saw no BPV/no fakeclaim i was like

"this is role madness
and i'm completely fucked"

which is why I went for a risky fakeclaim in the end. My was luck is incredible but I guess that's kinda to be expected in SK wins.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2014, 11:42:37 AM »
Bah at cf7
Bah
Not really. I was going to vote for SB, when he actually confirmed shooting you, but i guess he got really lucky that Cheez was godfather.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
Poor Serela got out-Serela'd in LYLO. Bahahaha!
I've already given my thoughts on the setup, tl;dr the mafia have no fakeclaims and a Day 1 massclaim breaks the game in town's victory. Role Madness is a tricky beast like that. Huge props to SB for outright faking an innocent on someone and then lynching them the next day and getting away with it. Something related to props for the entire scum team claiming impossible actions that conflict with each other because we roll like that.

I was so fucking sure Cheez was scum and yet had to push elsewhere, or else it would've been gg. I didn't actually advocate the lynch myself very much, and when I saw the Godfather flip I was like "OH GOD I STILL HAVE A CHANCE".

and dont worry raikaria my first time hosting was like 10 times worse than this (and a lot of SF games are pretty similar, in terms of role madness sorta going wrong), although bbm did give you a few changes to the setup in the mod quicktopic which you could've done?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:03:23 PM by SB »

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
Sky: Claiming Vig D1 probobly isn't the wisest thing to do.

I knew this and said so in thread.  However I was going to be lynched if I didn't claim, so~  Conq made a better argument.  Useless and/or maybe dead is still better than being actually dead. 

So my net effect this game was to use up Zak's trap. 

I'm probably going to lurk next game because apparently that is what gets you confirmed town here. 

Grats to SB for the win, it's only the second serial killer win I've ever seen :)
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »
I don't think the hated townie specifically made the game broken, the setup wasn't bad for what I expected from somebody hosting for the first time, balancing role madness without previous experience is a bitch.

But yeah I'd advise against putting hated townies into games unless it were a modifier to an already existing role. Getting a hated townie PM is not going to be fun for the person receiving it because they're rolling something worse than the standard vanilla which is already boring for many, whereas getting a role PM with a power role and a hated modifier or some other sort of nerf is still pretty cool regardless. Gotta make sure the roles are going to be fun for people to get and play with.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »
The main problem is with a serial killer, a full vig, and an extra scum nightkill, as well as there being 13 players.. that's not really the enviroment you want to throw a hated townie into. If it was one of my setups that tend to go to Day 6... *starts taking notes for Mirai Nikki Second World*

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »
I thought the set-up was alright other than hated townie and I forgot it didn't turn off in LYLO, so whatever. Maybe goofy but not really unfair.

Sorry for flaking on the re-review.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »
Grats to SB for the win, it's only the second serial killer win I've ever seen :)
And out of all games i've seen/participated in that's like 5th or so.
So, yeah. Gratz to SB.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:16:42 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
my win rate as third party is weirdly high compared to anything else, and this was like the third one i've played in 5 or 6 games. Never won as an SK before though.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
godly luckz
i am surprised with all the flips nobody stepped back and reconsider roles

but most importantly
SB i trusted you to kill maf whyyyyy

and my non csc doc claim hammer best thing to ward off scumz it seems
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
It wasn't your claim, it was ah, how to put it. We were in an awkward position mislynch wise. You were one of the only person we could possibly push something on, yet you were the super-annoying doctor. If we'd know Sky P's kill would be roleblocked by the Ambush, we would have used it on you instead.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »
I don't think the hated townie specifically made the game broken, the setup wasn't bad for what I expected from somebody hosting for the first time, balancing role madness without previous experience is a bitch.

But yeah I'd advise against putting hated townies into games unless it were a modifier to an already existing role. Getting a hated townie PM is not going to be fun for the person receiving it because they're rolling something worse than the standard vanilla which is already boring for many, whereas getting a role PM with a power role and a hated modifier or some other sort of nerf is still pretty cool regardless. Gotta make sure the roles are going to be fun for people to get and play with.

Hello

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »
MY GUT ON SB!SK WAS CORRECT

BUT ALAS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2014, 03:46:04 PM »
SB i trusted you to kill maf whyyyyy

i thought you were maf

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
scumbag
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »
tbh sometimes I forgot I was lying and wondered if you were scum too

sorry

But overall, good game, guys! Also, for anybody wondering what sort of high-level mindscrew strategy I was scheming up when I claimed to jail Shadoweh, this quote from the scum QT should sum it up nicely:
Quote from: Cheez
I forgot who I decided I would've jailed.

...Poop.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
<Serela> reading through the graveyard was pretty great
<Serela> it's like I'm the mascot of motk mafia
<Shadoweh> You definitely are
:D

Also, massclaim was the best! There's rarely enough town powers revealed that early to know whether it's actually a good idea to do it or not, but early massclaim in a setup chock full of roles is really helpful. If it wasn't for the million killing roles making me go "okay this balance is ???????? so I can't hope to outguess the mod for even the most outlandish combinations here" we could have just broken the game in half.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2014, 07:31:28 PM »
Quote from:  PM Replacement
Quote from: Skype
Dorian: Just wondering, are you going to continue the current game?
NekomimiRex: mafia?
Dorian: Yes
NekomimiRex: when did d2 start
Dorian: Around 10 hours ago.
NekomimiRex: that's like 6 AM for me
NekomimiRex: why do you ask
NekomimiRex: do you want my spot or something
Dorian: Well, I was playing with the idea.
NekomimiRex: if you want it I'll give it to you man, I haven't done anything useful yet anyhow
NekomimiRex: just say the word
Dorian: You see, I'm tempted but I don't know if I have the time to do much more.^^;
NekomimiRex: I certainly don't want to read 17 pages of posts then have you decide later either
Dorian: That's the reason why I asked you and why I didn't joined in the first place.
Dorian: My timing is questionable enough that I would only replace if it's necessary.
NekomimiRex: well I am pretty busy
NekomimiRex: yeah I think I'm gonna replace out, better then having town mad at me for basicaly not playing
Dorian: I see or rather saw your post, guess I have to PM Raikaria.^^;
I'm not too confident but I guess you have your replacement.^^;
Fortunately had I more than enough time at my hand.

Quote from:  PM The night action I don't have, ...
cause diplomats don't have Thought-QTs and I miss my order PMs.

I jumped into the game as the leading wagon and ended the day with not a single vote one me, picked up a case on scum like flowers in a park and got him lynched to top it all. All in all a nice start, don't you think so?^^

Now in before I or worse my scum picks get killed tonight. Also ## Sleep

DonGrigio
Just a brief note, cause I was busy with my day three opening post that night.

which I actually can't do at night.
Oh dear, that game get's better and better.^^ I have to say that I was quite annoyed about the circumstances the day ended with. I mean, I actually unvoted to prevent a ?accidental? hammer when I sleep just to find that someone put her back on L-1 and even encouraged a selfhammer which then happened, well done Serela.^^;
But that flip makes my day, not only that it's now 3:2 in my ?get rid of her before she can get rid of me? recording but it also gives quite a lot of interesting implications. When I think about it, the Roleclop ? maybe SK situation looks kinda familiar, don't you think so?^^
However, we have to wait and see what the night brings, maybe I even get my so deserved exclusion from the ?being alive club?.^^ We will see it soon.
Well, here we have the point where my thoughts went into the wrong direction. Mostly cause I got the idea that Shadoweh could have rolecoped Conq and Ninja did the kill, which is just silly but I was really biased. Fortunately it didn't came to it.^^;

Anyway, thanks to Conq, for helping me focus on anyone who isn't Ninja. Thanks again to Cheez, for killing me just in time. And thanks to everyone else for a nice game.^.^/
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
If lurking made people confirmed town, then Dormio would have been townie obvtown and NNR would have been an innocent child. Lurking's just one of those things that you can't control as a player in the game. If I could physically reach across my screen and force people to post that would be great, but it doesn't work that way. That said, it's true that lurking is an effective scum/flying-under-the-radar strat and that posting on D1 is marginally more likely to make you a lynch target, but that comes with the format of the game.

Thanks to Dorian for replacing in and completely redeeming the NNR slot; really shows the difference a replacement can make.

Props to SB for pulling off a SK win in a game where he wasn't BP and there were 3 other not!him kills flying around (and claiming a cop power without bp was risky as all out). Also thanks to SB for killing me the last night instead of say CF7; I wasn't looking forward to getting lynched for being "BP SK."  :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
I'm sorry; I was just being bitter.  I sucked a lemon for two games in a row now ;___; 

Yeah I don't know, I really need to rethink my strategy.  I think every game I've been at L-1 on day 1 now.  It's bad for my heart. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2014, 10:50:55 PM »
Two games doesn't a trend make. :V

Why did you think Serela was lying in this game though? I think that conflict between you and Serela was the main thing that made you a possible target on D1 in this game.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »
I thought that Serela was lying because she never presented a reason for her flip-flopping vote in day 1.  She actually voted for CF7, then said in the next post 'oops I meant to vote for Sky_Paladin' then a little later on, 'oh wait I really meant to vote for CF7'.  I thought there had to be some reason for it so I pressed for it.  Serela never answered me in a way that I felt was satisfactory, saying things like "I already explained it" and "read my post (xyz) for details" when I'd just quoted those exact posts.  I felt she was stalling and trying to hedge her way out of admitting there was no reason for her vote. 

It turns out now that Serela just legitimately got confused (or had a reason she didn't want to say) so I'm left scratching my head wondering what the hell happened.  On my quicktopic I even pointed out that Cheez, Zak, Shadoweh and SB were way scummier but I went with Serela/Conq/ActionDan for other reasons that somehow seemed more concrete. 

Guess I'll go bake up that humble pie BBM told me to eat; tonkatsu sauce goes with just about anything. 

*edit-
Anyway, I had little or no impact so my comments don't have much value.  MVP probably was Dorian or Oarfish.  I think Conq was a very wise choice for tracking. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:16:44 PM by Sky_Paladin »

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »
I would've kept you for LYLO Conq but I figured you would be the hardest to persuade and unlikely to screw up.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2014, 11:51:54 PM »
The thing was, SkyPal, the explanation I'd given in those posts was the entire extent of the situation already. :C

(also that yes, I definitely can mix up all my thoughts and start doing things backwards >_>;)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »
Why did you kill me sb.  I was just trying to squeeze by

Don't lynch me.