Author Topic: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS  (Read 26091 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: Day 5 LYLO
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Wait, did you think the no-lynch thing was actually part of the reason I was voting CF7? o:

Nah, nah. :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2014, 05:28:38 PM »
Oh.

My bad.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »
I can totally see why you would think that, so it's not weird that you did or anything. But yeah, I was already going to vote CF7 and I realized "oh hey no-lynching is actually not a good idea so I better make sure people don't end up doing it while I'm at work" since really, only one person has to decide it and then we can't have votes for lynchings >>
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »
Ugh. idk now, CF7's play over the course of the game hasn't been great but I don't think anyone with the intent to survive would doublevote the doctor, so I guess I'm still leaning towards Serela? Admittedly I probably need to look closer but I'm getting distracted atm.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »
Oh yeah, those doublevote shenanigans were a thing.

It's funny because SB's helping talk me into voting him :V

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2014, 09:41:12 PM »
lol

but yeah I have a similar thing going for me with the Jack claim so pretty much it leads back to you anyway.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:27 PM »
##Vote SB

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2014, 09:57:11 PM »
imo the way Serela is throwing votes around in LYLO isn't good, since theoretical scum!CF7 just hammer me now? I feel like a townie would be more cautious tbh, especially since its been less than 24 hours already. I guess if the vote stays down and CF7 posts CF7 will be cleared, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
What else am I going to do, wait for CF7 to come in and vote himself? >_>

I don't particularly think CF7 is the SK over you, and you definitely don't seem to think he's the SK over me. You didn't finish your reread as far as I can tell, but what you did do suggests further you don't think it's him, going along with how earlier you said you think it's probably me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »
3P lylo is pretty "anything goes" :V

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »
Voting this early doesn't help though, unless you think town!CF7 is going to magically hammer me and win the game for town. You should unvote for now, at least.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2014, 10:16:31 PM »
Do you think there's any decent chance you're going to reread CF7 more and actually change your mind and have anything to say that would make me think he's the SK over you?

I'm doubting all those would really fall together, and if they don't, then there's not really any reason not to be voting you. I highly doubt CF7 could say something right now that would incriminate himself without seriously futzing up somewhere.

By the way, what was your n1 action again? I know n2 you copped Cheez and n3 you vigged Darkie. You doc'd someone n1, right? Or did you have more then 3 actions?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2014, 10:48:09 PM »
Basically my opinions are that CF7's play has been overall scummier throughout the game, but I feel like yours would fit to an SK better, so I want to reread fully and not be hasty about this.

Anyway I'm the Town Jack of All Trades. I have a Doc/Vig/Cop. I used my Doc night 1 protecting DNA because doc claim, even if his end of phase conduct was really weird I figured the mafia would at least go for the doctor. :/

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »
I thought that was it, but I really didn't want to drudge through all the role shenanigans of D2 when you're here to answer >>

Ah, alright.

##Unvote

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2014, 06:27:35 AM »
Morning. Thinking too much, too many possibilities. And my head hurts. Tho, after reading whole thread, and running all possibilities i could think of i'd say it's 60% Serela and 40% SB.
Also i reread You Don't Know the Setup. What a glorious D1 that was... And the irony of this post is hilarious.
Tho i'm not sure i want to risk losing doc.

And here i threatened and double-voted doc, bringing him to L-1.

Actually, Serela, it's time for you to know the setup...
##Vote Serela.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2014, 08:01:08 AM »
##Vote: Serela

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »
Hm... Hm... Okay.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
The hammer has fallen!

Serela was thrown into a trap-laden corridor; while wrapped in a Giant Cave Spider's Web!

Serela; you are UristMcMason: Stoneworker ? [Vanilla Townie]
You are UristMcMason, who works on building the walls that make the fortress, the doors, the pots, and the chairs and tables. However, your work is tiring, and you sleep at night.
You win when all threats to town are eliminated! Good Luck!

CF7 was killed due to Game End!

CF7; you are Urist Mc Spiritual - Town Priest of Amok
You are Urist Mc Spiritual; the most spiritual member of the fortress. You run the Shrine of Amok; and as such; are a respected member of the community. So much so that you can invoke your divine rights to gain an extra vote for one day; and one day only.
To do this; you must say the following:

'By the Divine Right of Amok; Highest Dwarven God; and the God of Blood; hear my words today!'
You may only do this once in the game. This will adjust the votes required to lynch if necessary.

If you are killed unlawfully [Nightkilled] you will remain able to talk during the following day phase as a ghost. You will not have a vote during this time; although if you have not yet used your Divine Right; you may use it to give yourself a vote during this day. After this; your spirit will go to rest.

Note that if the mafia reaches vote control they win at the start of the day phase as they have majority; regardless of if you can take back vote control with your ability that day.

If you are lawfully killed [Lynched] you just die in peace; accepting your fate.

You sleep during the night

You win when all threats to town are eliminated! Good Luck!

SB Wins!

SB; you are Urist Mc Vampire: Dwarf Vampire [3rd Party Vampire]
You are Urist Mc Vampire, a timeless; nigh-immortal dwarf that refuses to drink booze, instead drinking the blood of other hapless Dwarves. As such, every night you may ##Bite a target.

The bite of a vampire is beyond the ability of Dwarven medicine to cure; and any armor that exists will not save you from a bite to the neck.

Your win-condition is to control the vote; in other words; be one of the last two men standing. This over-rides the mafia wincon; you win if there is only you and one mafia remaining. A mere Goblin cannot stop you!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:06:12 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »
The Goblin Cave - Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/u2jzE52AwsXg
Amok's Throne - Mod QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/jdyDnjK9G9Ayq
Boatmurdered - Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/uFMviyK2Si6
Looking for Adamantine - Sky_Paladin QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/mbactfiHu9uhF
Urist Thoughts - SB QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/VDJpHjd3xSYPj

Actions:

N1:
DNA [Doc] - Conq
O4rfish [Tracker] - Track Shadoweh
Sky_Paladin [Vig] - Hammer Conq
Zakeri [Ambusher] - Ambush Sky_Paladin
SB [Vampire] - Kill Dan
Cheez8 [Godfather] - Roleblock DNA
Shadoweh [Mafia Kill] - Kill Conq
Actiondan [Cop] - Investigate Zakeri

Results:

Sky_Paladin is ambushed and dies before he shoots
DNA is roleblocked and cannot protect Conq's vest from Shadoweh :V
SB kills Dan
O4fish tracks Shadoweh to Conq

N2:
O4rfish: Track Cheez8
DNA: Doc SB
SB: Kill O4rfish

Mafia failed to PM a nightkill; and thus failed to follow the game rules. Despite this; Shadoweh told me the desired target was SB; who was protected anyway.

N3:
Cheez8: Kill Dorian
SB: Kill DNA
DNA: Doctor SB

N4:
SB: Kill Conq

Anyway; my intended plan for the game was literally thrown out of the window as soon as the Vigilante claimed D1; and thus got ambushed. The fact the mafia got a lucky shot on the Cop did not help. The idea was that between the Tracker; Cop; Doc and Vigilante; the Town had strong tools to find the ferret out the scum; as well as other power roles should one fall [EG: O4rfish's Tracker to Actiondan's Cop]. While where I come from Unlimited Vig is common and usually shooting N1 is frowned upon; it happened here.

Likewise; the mafia had a rolecop; which the idea was to find the targets to either roleblock or ambush. But that was thrown out of the window :V.

Town had a Doc; a BPV and someone who could vote from the grave to make up for the villian's high kill potential as well.

I apologize for any confusion or hindrance to enjoyment of the game my system of resolving actions took. It was a logical approach. The Doc can't protect if he's already dead; and so on. The Vig can't shoot his target if someone shot him first.

In the end' the setup was aimed towards an information-based setup. But N1/D1 events threw that out of the window. But hey; Urist Fortress; since when do Plans WORK?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:17:02 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2014, 11:16:10 AM »
Bah at cf7

Bah
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
Just going to put it out there that there were multiple failed kills and that town has lynched 3 scum 3 days in a row and they're still in LYLO.
Also, if I weren't dead instant gg due to hated.
Only one mislynch allowed. Possibly less?
Gud setup.
I mean I get that you wanted the game to end sooner but the fact that town was still in LYLO after lynching scum 3 days in a row is kind of a thing.
And then there's the fact that if anyone other than myself was lynched D1, then that would have left a hated townie in LYLO which results in an instant loss for town regardless.
I mean there was the potential for a D2 5:3:1 LYLO with a hated townie which is kind of disgusting.

I dunno, that's just my thoughts on the setup.
My apologies for playing like crap since I was way too distracted for mafia.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »
Players:

Dormio - You know; the idea of you being hated was to be a soft clear; right? And you managed to get lynched D1 despite that?
ActionDan - R.I.P
Sky: Claiming Vig D1 probobly isn't the wisest thing to do.
Zakeri: You did your job
O4rfish: Despite your reservations at joined; I would say your play was amoung the best in the game. You didn't get D1 lynched like the newer players tend to; and you even pulled a mafia roleblock AND a SK nightkill!
Shadoweh: You just got screwed over by O4rfish and then by him dying. Read the game rules next time~
Dorian: You played very well; drawing mafia NK's over the Doctor is a testament to that
DNA: I'm not sure what to say. Half the time you were talking out of your rear and confusing everyone; the other half of the time you were the only one on the right track. Try to work on your grammar and spelling so your text walls are easier to read. Also; you are the best Doctor. You hit someone who would have been shot 3/4 times. Sadly you decided to Docbuddy the SK
Cheez8: You did well
Conq: Usual Conq stuff. Typical you rolled BPV
Serela; OH LOOK SERELA WAS TOWN AND LIVED TO LYLO. OH LOOK TOWN LOST. The Curse of Serela is real!
CF7: You barked up the wrong tree in the end but you still played pretty well. The idea of your doublevote was either to beak a stalemate and hammer or for when you got shot; allowing you to 'fakeclaim' a PR to protect other more important roles. But still.
SB: I don't get how your claim was so 'solid'; when town had a Cop; a Doc; and a Vig already. Also I laughed my butt off when you claimed Cheez was town; knowing he was Godfather. You lucked out on that one;' big time!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
I mean I get that you wanted the game to end sooner but the fact that town was still in LYLO after lynching scum 3 days in a row is kind of a thing.
And then there's the fact that if anyone other than myself was lynched D1, then that would have left a hated townie in LYLO which results in an instant loss for town regardless.
I mean there was the potential for a D2 5:3:1 LYLO with a hated townie which is kind of disgusting.

I dunno, that's just my thoughts on the setup.
My apologies for playing like crap since I was way too distracted for mafia.

Well maybe if SOMEONE [Prims] had responded to me prodding them for feedback on the 2nd draft... signups tok long enough as it did without a 2nd person booted out for signups.

Also look at the flavor; and tell me if you expected the setup to be; if anything; town biased. You can't win in Dwarf Fortress.

Also I kinda wanted a different setup which put pressure on the players and made them 'panic' a little because of the deathcount.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:28:22 AM by Raikaria »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »
The SK won.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »
The SK won.

I know. But town almost won too.

Alas the tried and tested formula of keeping Serela alive to LYLO.

Also; I didn't much like being the main mod of the game. This is probobly the last of my games you'll be seeing. I may Co-Mod [I liked that] but full-modding I didn't much like.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:30:22 AM by Raikaria »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2014, 11:29:42 AM »
Dormio - You know; the idea of you being hated was to be a soft clear; right? And you managed to get lynched D1 despite that?
You know; being hated is generally non indicative of alignment.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »
BIG PLAYS

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
You know; being hated is generally non indicative of alignment.

I didn't know. I've only ever seen Hated Townies. So my expectation was... hated = soft townie. :(

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »
No, but seriously.
If any townie other than myself was lynched D1, then the game was potentially over for town.
Just saying.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2014, 11:33:06 AM »
Poor Serela got out-Serela'd in LYLO. Bahahaha!
I've already given my thoughts on the setup, tl;dr the mafia have no fakeclaims and a Day 1 massclaim breaks the game in town's victory. Role Madness is a tricky beast like that. Huge props to SB for outright faking an innocent on someone and then lynching them the next day and getting away with it. Something related to props for the entire scum team claiming impossible actions that conflict with each other because we roll like that.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia