Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 240445 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2012, 09:35:50 PM »
You can't use the raw files directly on the game. They have to be converted back into .pak form using special programs.
It makes me wish I had a .pak packer and not just an unpacker.
But anyways, I'm excited to see that this is getting worked on still.

Oh... :V

Well... I guess I have no choice but to wait then XD

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2012, 03:04:43 AM »
Still working away when I have the time. Here is what the characters file looks like currently, in case anyone wants to help with editing. 
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?x2gefog7hdha9n4

Look for any inconsistencies (I may have gotten some stat modifier lines mixed up with status effect) and anything you think could be worded better, like is Eirin's passive skill understandable?
Raw file to help out.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?p0xmp0g9oocbti3

I stripped out everything but the text parts, so it's easier to look over.

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
A few things:

Mayu sibayu should be Moh Shuvuu.

Stray Yukkuri should probably be Liquid Metal Yukkuri, since it seems like you're going with localized Slime names otherwise.

Is there not enough room to list all the elements for Darkonium Marisa's passive? It seems weird to list everything elsewhere, but shorten part of it to "4 Elements" there. Maybe consider truncating element names down to 3/4 letters if you really need space, since there are several other passives on other things that affect most of the elements.

Eirin's passive is a little awkward sounding. I'd say something like "Reduces percentage based damage," then "Moderately reduces," and "Greatly reduces." Each of her new passives replace the previous one, so "Further reduces" doesn't read all that well when it's the only thing you see at the time. Maybe make the first one "Slightly reduces," since that'd let someone infer that it's the kind of passive that will improve over time.

Star Platinum's passive could use some clarification. IIRC, it only increases the chance that you'll get more hits in multi-hit attacks, and "Additional Attack Chance" sounds like it does something way better.

"Chaser Activations" is probably better than "Chaser Attack Bonus" for Peri.

I can't seem to open the raw file for some reason, so I can't double check that.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »
This character sheet is from 2.09, correct?

Reisen's 2nd, Hina's 5th and 6th, and Suwako's 2nd Passive should be about Stat Modifiers.
Sabakitsukasa/Fereydun's Passive is Physical Strikeback, which is different from Counter. Youmu's armor in GoS have this ability.
Ikabose-chan's 3rd, 5th, and 6th Passive is Physical Counter, if I read correctly.
Mind Flayer and Queen Flayer's skills say that Chance of Instakill works on Normal Attacks(通常攻撃)

Some inconsistencies
Yamame, Queen of Serpents, and Angel uses the word 'Delay' instead of 'Cooldown'
Aya uses the word 'EVA' instead of Evasion
Yuki-onna's 4th Passive says 'Water Cast Speed' instead of 'Water Element Cast Speed'
Mystia, Daiyousei, Star Platinum, and Yukkuri Mokou have inconsistencies about 'Self EXP bonus'
Same goes for Tewi and Coco about 'Party EXP bonus'
Kaguya's and Darkronium Marisa's Passive about the 4 elements seem somewhat out-of-place compared to other element related stuff.
The words in front of 'MP cost' or 'Crit Rate' are inconsistent. 'Elemental', 'Element', 'Skill'.

Is it correct for Shikigami Patchouli to have a 6th Passive instead of a 7th? It had a 7th passive in the older files.

I think SpoonyGundam is correct about Star Platinum's passive.
Use Applocale for suspicious files that doesn't seem to open.
Signature

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
I was working with space limitations I didn't know never existed, okay >_>

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »
Stray Yukkuri should probably be Liquid Metal Yukkuri, since it seems like you're going with localized Slime names otherwise.
I guess he chose that for the sake of consistency, since those were also called Stray Yukkuris in our translated version of GoS.
Star Platinum's passive could use some clarification. IIRC, it only increases the chance that you'll get more hits in multi-hit attacks, and "Additional Attack Chance" sounds like it does something way better.
Actually, in addition to the better chance of getting a higher number of hits on those attacks, Star Platinum also raises their maximum amount of hits by one. Hatate's Rapid Shot, for example, usually hits from 2 to 5 times, but with SP on it hits from 2 to 6.

Yay, I guess I'm cooperating with something! :V!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »
I imagine he chose that because that's what it is; what it google translates to would lead to me believe it's named the same thing as the Stray Yukkuri in GoS, so.

Also we love you Trance <3

edit:I looked it up, and it actually is Liquid Metal Yukkuri in both games as far as I can tell. Or at the least... the japanese that makes up what was "stray" is the same as the japanese for Liquid Metal Slimes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:01:26 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
Thank you, those were exactly the kind of things I was hoping to get noticed. Stray Yukkuri has been changed to Liquid Metal Yukkuri as that is the more accurate translation. Star Platinum's ability is now written like 'Number of Multi-Hits up: 50%%'

Elemental is used in 'Elemental magic' 'Elemental skills', while Element is used for things like 'Water Element Speed'. So it depends on how specific the ability is. One odd one is Toyohime who increases the speed of all 'casting' (includes physical, magic, recovery) Since 'casting' makes one think of only magic I changed it to 'all actions' which I hope is still understandable. This is also the reason for 'element speed'.

Also for opening the files: I recommend using open office (calc). When you click on the file pick Shift_JIS from the character set drop down menu, and make sure it's separated by commas with " as the text delimiter and check quoted fields as text.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:07:35 AM by TheNewGuy »

« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »
I just realized that this thing about increasing something related to multi-hit attacks by 50/75/100% could actually mean the amount of hits (which would explain the extra hit I often get when using him), so I ran a quick test involving G-3 (picking the game up again after 4 months of not touching it, what am I doing). If that passive works like that, a 75% increase in the number of hits should mean Gespenst Rocket (or whatever it should be called) gets 1-14 hits, but the maximum amount of hits I got was 9, so... I guess that's not how it works at all.

Anyway, this extra hit thingy isn't mentioned in the game, or even the wiki, so I assume it's supposed to be some kind of hidden effect (like so many things in GoS had). Thus, I guess there's no need to mention it among his passive skills.

« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2012, 07:57:44 AM »
Thank you for bringing that up, as that let me narrow down exactly what the effect means, (even the japanese were a bit confused by it for awhile).
Star Platinum's ability makes multi-hit moves have a higher chance of reaching their max number of hits. When activated it also raises the maximum hit amount by 1. So Gespenst rakete (german for rocket, they really like using german) hits more like 2-9 hits rather than the normal 1-8. With some sort of additional boost to make it more likely that you'll reach this new max.

Now the question is: how best to sum that up?

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
I guess something like "Multi-hit chance up: n%" would describe it pretty well. Also, as I said earlier, since the game doesn't mention the part about the additional hit, I don't think there's a need to include that in his list of passive skills.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2012, 12:34:11 AM »
In GoS, Sakuya's Jackpot World (which is also in this game on some shikigami like Lily White) says it Increases chance of multi-hit attacks getting more hits (More or less, kinda paraphrased), although...

Hrm.

Increased Amount of Hits with Multi-Hit Skills:xx%? It sounds kind of like what homingcurvylaser said about 1-14 hit thing, though... erph.

For this matter, are we sure it actually makes high numbers of hits more likely? It sounds like the passive's ONLY effect might be giving you one more hit on these attacks. (Which, in a way, does give you a higher amount- you'd be guaranteed one more then you would otherwise get. But semantics isn't the point here)

I mean, that would be a lot simpler to word. Additional Hit on Multi-hit Skills:xx% would be exactly what it does.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:39:55 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2012, 02:41:50 AM »
I realized that what I said was about as ambiguous as the other ideas (and the original description in Japanese as well), so... maybe "Multi-hit skills chance up: n%"? That way, it sort of implies that the raised chance only works for skills, or something like that, even though it sounds a bit awkward.

As for your question, Serela, I recall getting a higher amount of hits much more often when SP was equipped -- in fact, using those skills without him doesn't seem worth it at all. Gespent Rakete for example hits like 8-9 times most of the time, unless I'm a bit unlucky and it hits 4-5 instead. I'm curious if the 100% that passive gets at level 75 simply makes all your skills hit the maximum amount of times or if it just doubles the rate for the maximum amount (most likely), but since I kind of forgot about this game I cant really check that out without copious amounts of grinding.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »
ummm....... I really don't have anything interesting to add.... but I'm just posting here to say I'm glad the translation is still up... and I still can't wait for it to finish. (......I really feel like playing another good touhou RPG like GoS already... my fingers are itching :T)

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2012, 08:40:12 PM »
Sorry ahead of time for bumping even though I have nothing to do with the translation effort, but how's it coming along? Is at least the gameplay-related stuff done, or does it all still need work? Just was wondering how this was coming along.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »
I've now finished with finals, which had occupied my time.

The game uses lots of German, in most cases, if I feel the German is obscuring something known well enough in English I'll probably just use the English translation (Stormtroopers rather than Stostruppen,etc). I'll keep things like Zweiling Engels.

« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »
Don't mean to dump more on your plate but, Strawberry Bose's new game.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2012, 01:55:37 AM »
On the upside, the new game doesn't look like it has a whole lot of text and is supposed to be pretty short.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2012, 06:02:36 AM »
I'd personally rather see DoD translated first. I don't know exactly how far the effort's gotten, but I hope it's somewhat close. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably not, though.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
Yeah, it's better to get DoD translated first and leave this new game for later.

......by the way, I barely understood anything about the trailer whatsoever. But it seems that Strawberry Bose recycled a lot of stuff again, as usual.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »
Man, I should really get back to editing the images.
Few things made me leave it for a while and couldn't get myself to get back to it. IIRC there weren't many left to do.
btw, good to see that the project is alive again.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »
Don't mean to dump more on your plate but, Strawberry Bose's new game.

Hey, it's Duel Monsters.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2012, 08:33:51 PM »
Man, I should really get back to editing the images.
Few things made me leave it for a while and couldn't get myself to get back to it. IIRC there weren't many left to do.
btw, good to see that the project is alive again.

Oh indeed, I've been gathering up the stuff that will need editing. I'll probably message you about it after Christmas.

I'm still working through the names of items/skills. Will bounce over to status effects, stat modifiers and the like, so those can be finalized before being used in the item and skill descriptions. 
New game means more stuff to look forward to in the future. Woo

« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
Hi guys. Remember me?

...Yeah.

So, the bad news: I've disappeared for the last 9 months or so primarily because a combination of huge rl issues and having less time in general due to entering the working world.
The good news: The rl issues have mostly been settled, and work's been less busy these days.
The worse news: I had an HD crash in the interim, so all the translation work I did since my last update here has been lost.
The eh news: ...It wasn't really a lot of translation work anyway. Maybe 2 files or so.

So in short... it seems this project is still alive (and I salute the endurance of all those involved). Has anyone else taken over the dialogue in my absence? And if not, is it safe to say that I can still continue working on them? (albeit at probably a slower pace than before)

If so, I'll need a hookup of the story files again, since the last mediafire link I received is dead.

And... belated Merry Christmas!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
I'm fairly sure Trance is the only translator (Unless TheNewGuy has some grasp of japanese as well), so we're super duper happy to see you again! <3

...I've noticed that everytime I mention DoD the response is kinda like Duke Nukem Forever, so, actual progress of any kind is really uplifting! Especially Deranged coming back! <3

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
Well, at least progress is being made. The fact that you're back, Deranged, is a damn good thing, if you ask me.
I honestly wish I could help, but I know extremely little Japanese. Sorry.

« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
Good to have you back Deranged!
I had been working on everything except the dialogue files. 
The last SCN file I received from you was 207. 
Here are all of the SCN files. (apparently nothing new was added to these in the expansion)
http://www.mediafire.com/?70438n320qxaxea

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »
Oh wow, I thought this project was long finished. I guess I got confused with GoS.

Unfortunately, I never touched the expansion, so I'm probably not the best person to ask for this - and you've already settled on translation standards which I'm probably not used to. I can help out now that I'm mostly done with card monsters, though.

And hi, Deranged! I assumed you were still active. I'm sorry to hear about that.

« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
hi, I don't think it's been said before so I want to ask
what program(s) do you use to unpack and repack the .pak files for tDoD and tGoS?
I want to change the monster sprites and take a video of a battle just for fun.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:12 AM »
hi, I don't think it's been said before so I want to ask
what program(s) do you use to unpack and repack the .pak files for tDoD and tGoS?
I want to change the monster sprites and take a video of a battle just for fun.
It has been asked before.  It's a custom tool made specifically for the pak files used by DoD and GoS.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?