Author Topic: Diplomacy or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Great War  (Read 29659 times)

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
Re: Diplomacy or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Great War
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2010, 03:25:21 AM »
Different Diplo games should be in different threads, I think. Although Diplo threads are significantly short, each game should deserve its own thread.

Also, do Mushy and Krakozhia and Kasunagi and Serp and I each win a fifth of a Discworld? :3

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »
Perhaps a new thread is in order for a new game? At least a topic change to notify people that we're looking for more players. I don't know how many non-current players actually look at this topic, so they probably don't know to come in and sign up!

Reposting for emphisis. Unsurprisingly, we're not getting any new players, and I'd like to think this is because nobody knows we're hosting a new game.

Also, how would everybody feel about forwarding all their PMs to a mod/host controlled dummy account, where the password would be released at the end of the game, so that we may all read eachothers diplomatic shenanigans when the game ends? Most of this game slips past everybody playing it, and nobody gets to see the real juicy stuff. I'd love to read how everybody played the game.

Quickedit: Wait, new members can't send or receive PMs, this was silly. I'd still like to find a way to read everybody's dimplomatic relations, somehow.

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2010, 06:02:24 AM »
The Julian Assange of MotK diplomacy.

I think the reason that nobody is signing up is because nobody has explicitly officially stated that we're open to a new game, or edited this thread title to reflect that.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2010, 08:00:18 PM »
It's just a guess but I think that our GM is currently busy with something else.

Also, how would everybody feel about forwarding all their PMs to a mod/host controlled dummy account, where the password would be released at the end of the game, so that we may all read eachothers diplomatic shenanigans when the game ends? Most of this game slips past everybody playing it, and nobody gets to see the real juicy stuff. I'd love to read how everybody played the game.
That an interesting  idea, maybe we can borrow one of this Mafia dummys for that.
Now that I think about it, I've still all PMs saved, but the question should be: Do you really want to know?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
It's just a guess but I think that our GM is currently busy with something else.

I talked to Serp on IRC, he'll be making a new thread sometime soon.

Do you really want to know?

Yes.

But I was also hoping to see what people shared between eachother, not just you. Maybe we should just start with this game, since I think it's fairly obvious the kinds of foolishness that went on last game anyway... :V

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
I vote yes to the sharing thing. It'll be a very interesting after battle :3

.....Or not.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2010, 08:26:19 PM »
I vote yes to the sharing thing. It'll be a very interesting after battle :3

.....Or not.
Well...  Needless to say, me and Krakozhia were pretty damn formal with our PMs. :3

Also, I think it would be interesting as well.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »
Yes.

But I was also hoping to see what people shared between eachother, not just you. ...
You mean something like this:

Good evening,

to come straight to the point, I would prefer to consider your position before I write my commands but to do so I need to know your position.
You can assume that I'm generally interested in a "friendly relation" between us. To prove my good will and to begin the negotiations I begin with my own position.

I'm open for any request from your side as long as you accepted my one and only condition: All sea area around Great Britain (North Sea, Norwegian Sea, North Atlantic Ocean, Irish Sea and the English Channel) are my territorial waters and naval activities require my agreement, offence against it will not be tolerated.

Thanks for your time.

You certainly have your seas, but this convoy business is tricky if you were to try land on the central areas don't you think? The northern seas aren't particularly interesting for me right now, so what can you really offer?

Yes the convoy system is a bit tricky but manageable at least for me and for my offer, how about "active support for your invasion in Belgium"?

Just what I wanted to hear :D.

That was the beginning of a wonderful friendship.^^
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »
Yeah laugh up your half point lead bud, we'll be shrinking it this game!  >:(

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »
Ah, drat, some stuff has come up lately that's kept me away from home.  I'll start up the new thread as soon as I'm sure I'll be able to be around to host.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2010, 05:05:14 AM »
Dang, good luck with your stuff.

I'll be away from the forum from the 23rd til new years, if you guys start sometime then I won't be able to play, so take me off the list as France if you plan to start then. I'll have to watch for the next game.