Author Topic: Deliverator: 30 minutes or less! (Restart)  (Read 132515 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Deliverator: 30 minutes or less! (Restart)
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
>"Well, if you tell her, wouldn't she be able to read your thoughts and see that, at the very least, you wholeheartedly believe everything you're saying?"
>Pass the canteen, if there's any left.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
> "Yeah sure, here you go" Give the canteen to her
> "Thank you for your help, uh, do you know which way is it to the exit?"
> Did we finish that debate with Satori?
>"Well, if you tell her, wouldn't she be able to read your thoughts and see that, at the very least, you wholeheartedly believe everything you're saying?"
>Pass the canteen, if there's any left.
> There is indeed some water left, but not terribly much.  You pass the canteen to Orin, who finishes it in short order.
> "Oh sorry, I didn't realize there was so little.  Thank you though, it was oddly refreshing, not like the water we have down here.  Is all water like that on the surface?"
> "The exit is through the mansion, though I'm heading into the village to gather some corpses, so feel free to follow me out of the house."
> You're not sure if you finished, but you feel strangely apprehensive about starting into it again right now.
> "Well yeah, that's true.  I've never really bothered to bring it up too much, since Satori already knows that Okuu can be a handful, but I don't think she knows the extent.  She'd need universal recognition before she took action though, she refuses to act unilaterally.  I suppose that's only fair though."
> Orin picks up the cart and starts towards the ramp, with you falling in behind once more.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
>"Do it anyways. She deserves to know about family matters, right?"
>Try to keep up. Damn speedy felines.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »
> "The water is actually from the Kappa Village, its a fresher than anything I ever had"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »
> "The water is actually from the Kappa Village, its a fresher than anything I ever had"
> "Is that right?  I suppose that makes sense after all.  I'll have to collect some next time I'm up there, I'm sure Satori would like some as well."

>"Do it anyways. She deserves to know about family matters, right?"
>Try to keep up. Damn speedy felines.
> "Mmm, I suppose you're right.  How soon should I bring it up though?  Should I spring it over dinner or lay it out now as my reasoning for wanting a nice dinner tonight?"
> You decide to blame her second tail, there's got to be some use for it.
> You reach the top of the ramp and arrive in the kitchen?  Huh, strange place to put an entrance to "hell".  The earthen theme continues with a mud-like oven, but the rest of the kitchen looks like one you'd find in the Human Village, with cabinets and cold storage and an actual stove.
> You hear, "He's alive?  Oh thanks goodness!" from the living room area you had been in earlier.

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
> "Lay it out now, It's better this way so you guys can talk it out peacefully"

> See who the person in the living room is

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »
>"Whichever you think is better. But I would tell her first."
>Unless it's Koishi. Then we run!

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »

> But we are a MAN, we must face all obstecles

> But a Tactical Retreat will do

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »
> "Lay it out now, It's better this way so you guys can talk it out peacefully"
> See who the person in the living room is
>"Whichever you think is better. But I would tell her first."
> But we are a MAN, we must face all obstecles
> But a Tactical Retreat will do
> You decide that should the person in the living room be Koishi, you will flee in the MANLIEST of ways.  But, her voice doesn't sound like Koishi's
> "No, Koishi is now secure, not to worry this time.  I...lectured her on behaving around guests."
> Satori appears in the doorway.
> "You have something to discuss with me Orin?
> Orin puts down the cart and looks downward.
> "Erm, do you think...we could have a big dinner tonight?  With all of us?"
> "Of course, but I agree with Toshiro that you should discuss your reasoning right now."
> "It's...ah, nothing important."
> "Hm, what about Okuu?"
> "Guh!" Orin winces.
> "Orin, you know that you can tell me anything.  What's wrong?"
> Orin moves to back away but bumps into you, crying out with a tiny yelp. 
> Satori approaches and takes Orin into her arms.
> "Orin, no secrets.  I want to help, but I need to know what's going on.  You know how I hate fighting, especially among the two of you."
> "Sniff"
> Is the rope wrapping around Orin as well?
> "It's...just..." Orin's voice breaks.
> "Down there in the Blaze"
> "And...I try and collect..."
> "She should have enough corpses though."
> "And when I don't-"
> "Well that's not how I raised her."
> Orin's definitely crying now.
> "I try to talk..."
> "You two are practically sisters, I won't allow this to continue."
> "But-"
> "No!  None of that Orin.  Okuu is important, but she can't work with you.  If she can't shake this attitude then I'll have to fix her.  I thought the miko and witch would have been enough, but I see that there's still a lot to be done."
> Orin's has her head buried firmly in Satori's breast, still sobbing.  Satori calmly strokes the back of her head, continuing to assure her that she'll resolve the issue.
> You make a movement to leave, but Satori shakes her head at you, so you lean against the wall and wait.
> Time passes.  Eventually, Orin straightens up and blots at her eyes.  "Th-thank you."
> Satori smiles warmly.  "I'll get started on planning dinner, you keep working alright?"
> Orin coughs.  "Yeah, will do."
> She picks up the cart and starts to roll it slowly through the living room.
> "Go on!" Satori whispers at you.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 09:01:14 PM »
>Thoughts: Oh god, what now!
>"Uh, see? Just like I said. It'll all work out. Satori's with you and things."

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
> "So, uh, do you feel better letting it out?"

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »
>Ask Satori why Koishi tried to kill us.
>Ponder Satori.
>Ponder Koishi.
>Ponder Satori naked >Don't do that.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 11:15:10 PM »

> Seriously, don't even think of the idea, in fact it never existed

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
> Seriously, don't even think of the idea, in fact it never existed

> I concur with this. it never happened. We don't want to dig our grave more than we have.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2010, 03:27:12 AM »
>Ask Satori why Koishi tried to kill us.
>Ponder Satori.
>Ponder Koishi.
> "You're a little bad at promptly following directions, aren't you?"
> "Koishi's my sister, as you could probably tell, and she's a little...unstable, to the point that it's a hazard to have her around other people.  As I mentioned, she gave up her ability to read minds and gained the ability to read, erm, souls for lack of a better term.  Gaining that ability pretty much damaged her, and we've kept her in solitude since then.  The main issue is that reading souls is far from exact.  It's like reading Tarot in that it's very open to interpretation.  Like in your case, she was able to since immense strength, so she acted on the thought that you were using your strength to overpower me.  That's the conclusion she jumped to, and that's all I could really get her to tell me."
> "The oni don't think too much, and they're very simplistic, so I live down here.  Oni thoughts are essentially white noise, so they're easy to ignore for the most part.  It's kind of peaceful but they're awful neighbors.  As a result, I collect pets and pet youkai to help numb the boredom."
> "It's sad really, she has such power, but she's too damaged to really do anything with it.  Hopefully she can reawaken the power to read minds, that might hopefully shake her out of this.  It would take a long time though, and she's not even willing to try right now."

>Thoughts: Oh god, what now!
>"Uh, see? Just like I said. It'll all work out. Satori's with you and things."
> All of a sudden you panic!
> "Orin's probably outside waiting for you, hurry and catch up to her!"
> You head off to find Orin.

> "So, uh, do you feel better letting it out?"
> Unfortunately, Orin's not in the living room to hear your query.
> You continue out into the yard and find Orin's cart with ease.  However, you don't see Orin anyway.
> You feel something small tug on your pant leg.  You glance down and see the same black two-tailed cat with the red collar from your earlier talk with Satori.
> She tugs on your pant leg again and stares up at you.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2010, 05:20:06 AM »
> "Orin? That you? That is pretty cool!"
> Which do we prefer, cats or dogs?
> "Honestly, with you like this, I'm kinda wanting to pet you... is that normal... at all?"
> "Didn't I tell you Satori would help? Don't worry, things are gonna be ok."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2010, 05:48:19 AM »
> "Orin? That you? That is pretty cool!"
> Which do we prefer, cats or dogs?
> "Honestly, with you like this, I'm kinda wanting to pet you... is that normal... at all?"
> "Didn't I tell you Satori would help? Don't worry, things are gonna be ok."
> The cat...nods?  Its head bobs up and down, and those ears seem rather familar...
> You don't really have a preference, and you don't have either at home.
> She paws at your leg again.  You bend down to pet her, and run you hand down her back.  It'd be nicer if her fur didn't feel as matted as it does.
> "Um, could you pick me up?"
> Who said that?

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »
> "Ok, so you are the cat Orin. Ok, wanna sit on my shoulder on something?"
> Pick Orin/the cat up.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2010, 02:57:12 PM »
> "Ok, so you are the cat Orin. Ok, wanna sit on my shoulder on something?"
> Pick Orin/the cat up.
> You pick up the cat and sit it on your arm while you continue to pet it.
> "Sorry about the change, but I'm more comfortable in this form.  I really just couldn't wait to get back to this."

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2010, 03:05:24 PM »
>Exeunt, kitty in hand!
>"Can't say nothing against that."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »
>Exeunt, kitty in hand!
>"Can't say nothing against that."
>_
> "Ah!  My cart!  Please don't leave yet."
> "I suppose, but I don't know what to do.  I mean, what happens next?  What do I say?"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2010, 03:16:47 PM »
>"Um, well... I guess you're gonna have to lean on Satori support. I mean, you're both pretty upset with Utsuho, right? So it's not like she's just gonna leave you high and dry. But you gotta be honest, too. And it's not like Utsuho is gonna do anything in front of Satori, right? And even if she did afterward, Satori would know."
>Ponder for a moment.
>"But, um, I guess you don't wanna make her too mad, either. Since, well, you don't hate her, right? so make sure she knows that too. That'll help on both sides."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
>"Um, well... I guess you're gonna have to lean on Satori support. I mean, you're both pretty upset with Utsuho, right? So it's not like she's just gonna leave you high and dry. But you gotta be honest, too. And it's not like Utsuho is gonna do anything in front of Satori, right? And even if she did afterward, Satori would know."
>Ponder for a moment.
>"But, um, I guess you don't wanna make her too mad, either. Since, well, you don't hate her, right? so make sure she knows that too. That'll help on both sides."
> "Exactly.  Satori may provide the arena, but she's not going to bring it up, it's going to have to be me.  But, I don't even know what to say to Okuu, much less how I'll say it.  Should I just confront her directly?  Try to trap her?  I have no idea."
> "Also, how did you know Okuu's real name?  I haven't heard anyone call her that in quite some time."
> This is not the kind of conversation you'd have ever expected to have with a cat.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
> "Also, how did you know Okuu's real name?  I haven't heard anyone call her that in quite some time."

>_

>Bitch I'm psychic too. Please disregard this mistake. I thought both got used, and went with the one that implies less familiarity.

>"I suppose it comes down to how shocking you want to, I guess? There's a difference between telling her she has a problem and telling her she's an unbearable ass and the only reason you haven't run away is because you don't want the oni to riot and hurt Satori. I'd start by saying you need to talk, and go onto whatever you feel needs to be said, and how strongly. Don't worry too much about making her mad, like I said."
>Pause.
>"You know. There may be a way to make everyone happy. Have you ever tried to get some oni to help out with the corpse gathering?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »
>"I suppose it comes down to how shocking you want to, I guess? There's a difference between telling her she has a problem and telling her she's an unbearable ass and the only reason you haven't run away is because you don't want the oni to riot and hurt Satori. I'd start by saying you need to talk, and go onto whatever you feel needs to be said, and how strongly. Don't worry too much about making her mad, like I said."
>Pause.
>"You know. There may be a way to make everyone happy. Have you ever tried to get some oni to help out with the corpse gathering?"
> "Right, but did you see me down in the Blaze?  It's a little hard for me to even confront her.  Talking to her is easy, but actually confronting her may be a little too much.  How should I bring it up?"
> "No, never.  What do you mean?"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
>"Just say you need to talk. Then you're kinda obligated to speak up. And Satori will support you."
>"Okay, so she's mad because you can't keep up with her demands. What if you got a few oni to help out? You give them directions, they range out and help you fetch things. That would have to increase speed, right? Not sure how you'd pay them...maybe arrange for a deal with the distillery to pay them in kind? They do owe you for the heat and stuff. That ways Okuu gets her fuel, you get some relief. But, even then, she still needs a talking to."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
>"Just say you need to talk. Then you're kinda obligated to speak up. And Satori will support you."
>"Okay, so she's mad because you can't keep up with her demands. What if you got a few oni to help out? You give them directions, they range out and help you fetch things. That would have to increase speed, right? Not sure how you'd pay them...maybe arrange for a deal with the distillery to pay them in kind? They do owe you for the heat and stuff. That ways Okuu gets her fuel, you get some relief. But, even then, she still needs a talking to."
> "So, just kind of casual?  I guess that's possible, but what exactly should I say?  I'm not exactly quick on my feet.  Pretty sad for a cat, huh?"
> Her tail swishes
> "Won't the drunkenness be an issue?  I suppose if I could convince them to collect dead they know about and leave them in a designated pick-up area.  That could make things quicker for dealing with the underworld, and I could concentrate on the surface."
> "Yeah, that could probably work.  Assuming I could convince the oni to actually help out, it would make things a lot better.  But, who could I talk to about that?"

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »
> "Well actually, I'm kinda friendly with the Deva's, so maybe I can ask them for you"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2010, 05:14:23 PM »
>"Just say, "I need to talk with you." then when she asks about it, just...well...say what's in your heart, I guess. How strongly do you feel about it? Just be honest."
>"As for getting help, ask around town. Leave up a few fliers. All depends on how you wanna pay 'em. If you're gonna do that deal with the distillery I mentioned, approach whoever runs it, first."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 06:57:58 PM »
>"Just say, "I need to talk with you." then when she asks about it, just...well...say what's in your heart, I guess. How strongly do you feel about it? Just be honest."
>"As for getting help, ask around town. Leave up a few fliers. All depends on how you wanna pay 'em. If you're gonna do that deal with the distillery I mentioned, approach whoever runs it, first."
> "So, maybe say something like:"
>>  "Though you may not think it, I'm really trying my best, but I can't always be perfect.  I'm always giving the most I can possibly give because I know that we need to be successful, and we're the best team possible to do this.  I'm currently researching ways to be more effective though, so that our best can be even better.  So please, can you cut me a little bit of slack on the job?" 
> "Something like that?"
> "The fliers may not be terribly effective, and it might take a while to get some support.  If possible, it'd be nice to find some help, or at least be on the way to arranging something today.  Plus, I personally don't have anything to pay them with, and I know Satori can't really give them anything material.  I guess I could talk to the one that runs the distillery, but I don't exactly know them.  I think getting the entire village to pitch in instead of a select few oni would be more effective."

> "Well actually, I'm kinda friendly with the Deva's, so maybe I can ask them for you"
> Her eyes light up at this bit of news.
> "Wait, you know the Devas?  How!?"  Her two tails swish so fast that they almost meld into one.
> "They don't run the village, but they're legends, they have so much pull!  Do you think they could help out somehow?"

>_