Author Topic: Hatate Quest Nelja  (Read 113473 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Hatate Quest Nelja
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
My impression is that Hatate wants Aya to acknowledge her as a journalist. Leaving her trapped would make that impossible, whereas rescuing her would work towards it.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »
I would argue it'd be very much against tengu honor to just ditch her. If she refuses to leave, we hit her with a blackjack and drag her out.

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2015, 05:33:10 AM »
> For us, is Aya a friend first or a journalistic rival first?
Purvis: If Sour leaves the answer to the playerbase, which would you say?

You guys seem to be pretty much on the same page with where I'm at with the Aya/Hatate relationship, but because you asked, I'll answer. Just to make it official, I suppose.

>If someone held your wings to the fire and made you choose one or the other, you would have to say rival. But 'friendly rival' is a much more accurate description. You're good at what you do, and nothing you can imagine would give you more pleasure, more satisfaction, than seeing your newspaper surpass Aya's, seeing your journalistic skill ranked above hers. In fact, it would probably be better than sex, though having had said experience now, you're not sure if anything else could top it, but that's an issue for a later discussion.
>The one you want most to acknowledge your skill, though, is Aya herself. Not to rub it in her face- Well, not a lot, and certainly not often. But because her opinion matters to you. She got to where she is because she's good, too. Damn good, in fact. Praise from her is like praise from Ceaser. And more to the point, she's your friend. Having the better newspaper just because she's stuck in some fantasy world being brainwashed by some bogus book is totally unacceptable, and completely unsatisfying.

>"Just let it come to you. Don't worry, we're here."

>"Where is here?" Ranka implores you. "This place is... Isn't right, it's.... It's not right for you. You didn't make it, but she made it, why is that, why did she make it after it was made? How did that happen?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2015, 05:55:20 AM »
>"We're trying to figure that out, still. I don't suppose you remember a book, do you?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2015, 06:10:07 AM »
> Quick fact check; did Aya retire from journalisming in this world, or at least tone it way down? If so, did that happen before or after the Kakashi Free Press hit #1?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2015, 06:24:59 AM »
> Quick fact check; did Aya retire from journalisming in this world, or at least tone it way down? If so, did that happen before or after the Kakashi Free Press hit #1?

>She still operates the Bunbunmaru, but isn't as personally involved in it as she used to be, accoriding to what you've been told so far. Your counterpart in this world said that her rise in fame and subscriptions came after Aya took a step back from her publication.

>"We're trying to figure that out, still. I don't suppose you remember a book, do you?"

>"A book?" The blonde spirit closes her eyes, her head still twitching slightly. "A book. Yes. Yes, but it's not a book, not JUST a book. There's... there's more to it. But..." Her stormy eyes open. "Is this just a book? Is this... all just a story?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2015, 06:26:56 AM »
>"Not all. But, tell me what you can remember, it might be important. How'd you find the thing, where were you?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
Well, that's lame. Lame on Aya for creating a Hata that matches Aya's perception of Hata (I forget who suggested this - maybe Celes?)  while taking away Hata's one true goal, and lame on Fake Hata for accepting it and casually admitting that Aya's still better than her.

Something to keep in mind once we finally crash into her, I guess.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2015, 06:43:30 AM »
>"Not all. But, tell me what you can remember, it might be important. How'd you find the thing, where were you?"

>Ranka's head spasms once more. "Find it?" Ranka says very darkly. "I didn't. I understand. You're not part of the story. But I am. I knew something was different about you the first time I saw you. I don't know why yet, but seeing you, feeling your wind... It changed me. That's why I've been following you three, trying to figure it out. I didn't find the book, Hatate. It made me. I'm a just a part of this world. A part of.." The blonde sighs and laughs, a humorless sound. "A part of the story."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2015, 07:01:52 AM »
>"That's fine. You'll just have to be more than a story, right?"

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 12:48:44 AM »
>"That's fine. You'll just have to be more than a story, right?"

>"I'm just a doll." Ranka answers, visibly growing angry. "A little puppet this book made. Just like Honoka and Kanako and everything else in this world. Well everything except you two and Celes. You're still free. What are you going to do?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2015, 01:25:12 AM »
>"That doesn't even make any sense. If you were just a puppet, you wouldn't be able to think these things. So there's got to be more to you than just that."

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:27 AM »
>"That doesn't even make any sense. If you were just a puppet, you wouldn't be able to think these things. So there's got to be more to you than just that."

>"So I can see my strings. That doesn't make me any less a puppet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2015, 01:33:54 AM »
>"You're also talking with your own voice. Besides, this wouldn't be the weirdest way for a youkai to be born."

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2015, 03:06:40 AM »
>"You're also talking with your own voice. Besides, this wouldn't be the weirdest way for a youkai to be born."

>Ranka's bitterness changes to confusion. "Say what?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2015, 03:53:16 AM »
>"Youkai are made all kinds of ways. What's wrong with being made from some cursed book? It's a whole lot better than being one of those ones that come out of a toilet."

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2015, 04:04:58 AM »
>"Youkai are made all kinds of ways. What's wrong with being made from some cursed book? It's a whole lot better than being one of those ones that come out of a toilet."

>"Is that what's happened to me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2015, 04:13:22 AM »
>"Well that's what it seems like to me. I mean, you're thinking for yourself and have your own plans, right? So who cares how you were born? You're a youkai! Take pride in it!"

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2015, 04:40:12 AM »
>"Well that's what it seems like to me. I mean, you're thinking for yourself and have your own plans, right? So who cares how you were born? You're a youkai! Take pride in it!"

>"She might be right." Momiji adds. "I've been around a long time, and this really wouldn't be the oddest origin of a youkai I've heard of, not by a longshot."
>"But why? Why would contact with you have done that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:16 AM »
>"She might be right." Momiji adds. "I've been around a long time, and this really wouldn't be the oddest origin of a youkai I've heard of, not by a longshot."
>"But why? Why would contact with you have done that?"

>"We're the first people who thought this place was anything other than what you're supposed to think. You didn't have any more reason to question it than anyone else."

>_

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:49 AM »
>"We're the first people who thought this place was anything other than what you're supposed to think. You didn't have any more reason to question it than anyone else."

>_

>"You ARE different." Ranka agrees. "I just don't know why. Is it just because you're new?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2015, 05:58:22 AM »
>"I think it's more because we're trying not to get ensnared, like Aya and the others have been."

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2015, 06:41:18 AM »
>"I think it's more because we're trying not to get ensnared, like Aya and the others have been."

>"The book doesn't seem to have affected us like it did the others." Momiji adds. "At least not so far. And we aim to keep it that way."
>"Yeah, that's smart." the wind spirit says. "In fact, you should probably focus on finding a way out of this world. Or you might end up like Aya and the others."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2015, 07:06:59 AM »
>"Yeah. And when we find our way out, you can come too if you want."

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »
>"Yeah. And when we find our way out, you can come too if you want."

>"Wouldn't that mean there'd be two Rankas in your world?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:56 AM »
>"I could think of worse things. If it's a problem, just challenge her for the right to the name!"

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
>"I could think of worse things. If it's a problem, just challenge her for the right to the name!"

>For a moment, Ranka's grin becomes the lusty leer you're used to seeing on her. "There's an idea." Then the moment fades, as does her grin. "But, no. No, I can't leave this place. I can still feel a connection to the world, to the power that made it. I don't know what I am, why I know what I seem to know, but I do know I'm still a part of this world. If I tried to leave, I'd just... fade away. If there IS a way out of this world, and that's one thing I don't know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2015, 11:33:51 PM »
>"I don't think you'd fade so easily, you're your own youkai, after all. And just going from one Gensokyo to another shouldn't be that much of a problem, it's made to be home to youkai."

>_

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2015, 12:42:00 AM »
>"I don't think you'd fade so easily, you're your own youkai, after all. And just going from one Gensokyo to another shouldn't be that much of a problem, it's made to be home to youkai."

>_

>"No, I don't really think I am." Ranka says with a shake of her head. "I don't know WHAT I am. It's like... I've become a character in a story that knows that they're a character."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2015, 01:26:48 AM »
>"That sounds like a youkai to me."