Author Topic: SILVERQUEST  (Read 105448 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: SILVERQUEST
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »
> Keine

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
> Lyrica

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2014, 04:17:39 PM »
>Keine ^_^v

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »
>Keine
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2014, 09:47:22 PM »
> Aside consideration: Given we know how tetchy the tengu have become about us conducting our business throught people other than them, why did we hire a non-tengu to deliver a product to a tengu?
Because you are not a good businessman.

Keine has an enormous lead so I'll call it here. Update sometime this weekend.

> Stuffman: don't burn out this time.
Introduction segments will be much shorter this time around. No fashion montages or excessively violent backstory videos, for starters.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »
No fashion montages

I mean

On one hand I am kind of glad, but on the other I am so incredibly saddened

Misfortune!

• I'M THE LIGHTBRINGER!
  • I'M THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
>Keine
>Keine
>Keine
"Wha...wha...whazzat? Whazzat? You just wanna play a game that doesn't have six metrosexual Jonas Brothers in it? Well FUUUUUUUCK YOU! This is what you get, fuck you! Square Enix: Because fuck you guys!" -JonTron
"The lessons bronies shared with us about loyalty, friendship, fame, obsession, transcendental idealism, rectal prolapse, and erotic plush toy construction shall not be soon forgotten." -Alex Barry

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
I mean

On one hand I am kind of glad, but on the other I am so incredibly saddened

Perhaps they will be post-game unlockables?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »
Perhaps they will be post-game unlockables?
Better than paid DLC.

I think it'd be also be cool if some of the outfits bequeathed special skills or stat bonuses...But that'd look less SILVERQUEST and more like FFX-2 Bravely Default. :V Purvis did inspire an interesting question though...

> In PURPLEQUEST, it was implied we were on a New Game Plus, is the same true here or are we starting from scratch?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 03:20:47 AM »
>Keine!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2014, 04:57:39 AM »
Better than paid DLC.
Buy the SILVER BLADES DLC to unlock Sakuya and Youmu! Just $14.99!
> In PURPLEQUEST, it was implied we were on a New Game Plus, is the same true here or are we starting from scratch?
I don't recall implying that?

> Replace Momiji and Lyrica with Eirin and Shinki, proceed with MILFQUEST.

Believe me, the idea crossed my mind too. But no.

> ACT 1 PART 1

> Be Keine.

You are KEINE KAMISHIRASAWA, THE HISTORY-EATING HALF-BEAST. You are a WERE-HAKUTAKU, considered by most to be half human, half youkai, but you lean more towards your human side, having formerly been one. You live in the HUMAN VILLAGE and work in the school as a history teacher, but you also use your youkai abilities to protect the village from unruly youkai and keep the peace during incidents. Because of this (along with your high education), you are regarded as a person of high social standing. The village elders look to you for advice, and you are often involved whenever big decisions are being made.

You possess the remarkable ABILITY TO EAT HISTORY. The exact mechanics of this are pretty complicated, but essentially, you can "eat" almost any person or object, which places them in your TEMPORAL GULLET. While inside, they do not experience the passage of time, effectively putting them in stasis, although you must eventually release them (with a maximum duration of anywhere from a few days to a few years, depending on how much you're holding), and your ability rarely works on anything resisting the effect.

Under the light of the full moon, you transform into HAKUTAKU FORM, and your ability is upgraded to become the ABILITY TO CREATE HISTORY, which is even more outrageously complicated. Using it, you can create new objects, or even new people, but there must be an explanation for how they got there. The most convenient way to use this power is to turn rumors into truth; if people already have a narrative that explains an object's existence, then it creates no contradictions if it actually exists. You can even bring somebody back from the dead, if nobody knows they died. However, this ability cannot be used to change recorded history. The most notable example in your case would be the GENSOKYO CHRONICLE - if AKYU NO HIEDA has recorded something, you cannot contradict it.

> What is a hakutaku?

A HAKUTAKU is a divine beast that is said to appear before virtuous rulers. It is well-spoken, well-read, and especially knowledgable about history. A king who follows the advice of a hakutaku will lead his kingdom to peace and prosperity.

You are a were-hakutaku because you got bit by one, which is a LONG STORY.

It is believed that there is only one hakutaku at a time, who is responsible for maintaining a living memory of the world's history, and you do not know of any hakutaku besides yourself. Your instincts tell you that someday you must either have a child, or pass your curse on to somebody else.

> Keine: Check status.

You are currently HEALTHY, WEALTHY, and WISE.

But the truth is, that you've been kind of stressed out lately.

Recent incidents have had a much larger impact on the village than usual, especially due to the arrival of the MYOUREN TEMPLE. A lot more youkai are running around in the village than before, and they're causing just enough trouble to keep you on edge, while also leaving you without a strong argument for driving them out. Damn that Hijiri! You already know what happened last time that naive woman tried something like this, and here she is doing it again. Thank goodness for spellcard rules; hopefully Gensokyo is better suited to this kind of social experiment. You've been trying to talk REIMU HAKUREI into moving her shrine into the village so she can better keep the peace, but she doesn't seem to like the idea. You're on your own for now.

You've also been feeling somewhat depressed about your teaching lately. Maybe it's because you're more on edge than usual, but you're having a hard time ignoring the fact that the children simply don't enjoy your classes. The other teachers insist it's normal, but you feel like you should be doing more to engage them.

You have a plan, though. involving something you recently ordered from the KOURINDOU CATALOG. You purchased a PROJECTOR and a large number of EDUCATIONAL SLIDES - hopefully some visual aids will make your history lessons more interesting. It's supposed to be delivered today, so you're looking forward to trying it out.

You are currently at home, in your study. It is early in the morning. You don't have classes today.

> _
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:35:46 PM by Stuffman »

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2014, 05:23:39 AM »
>Keine: Pet SUKUSUKU HAKUTAKU
>Keine: Examine the SUSPICIOUSLY FOREGROUND COLORED BOOK jutting out of the rest of the books in the bookshelf.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2014, 05:24:02 AM »
> Examine searchlight (Miko Signal?)

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2014, 05:24:18 AM »
>Go visit our CHILDHOOD FRIEND, Rinnosuke.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:05 AM »
> Realise reason Reimu does not want to move her shrine is because shrines need to be on holy ground.

but you also use your youkai abilities to protect the village from unruly youkai and keep the peace during incidents.

> Keine/Byakuren: Namusan

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2014, 06:27:05 AM »
>EXAMINE CLOCK

Has the clock stopped?

I approve of the oversized Chinese bronze hiltless sword (the real Kusanagi might be a steel straight single-edge longsword, a predecessor to katana).

Speaking of the three divine treasures...

>EXAMINE WASHING MACHINE and REFRIGATOR

Television, washing machine, and refrigator, the three treasures of Showa, symbols of postwar prosperity. Television has no use in human village, but the other two surely do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:29:18 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »
>WEAR GLASSES

>EXAMINE THREE SACRED TREASURES

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2014, 10:51:26 AM »
>Reveal contents of HAT BENTO.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2014, 12:55:36 PM »
>Examine framed pictures
>Examine framed writings
>Is that a map in the corner?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »
>EXAMINE CLOCK

Has the clock stopped?

Oh, that's an art error. Whenever I draw a clock I tend to put it at 2-3 o' clock without thinking about it. It's around 8 AM :V

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2014, 02:03:10 PM »
> Why exactly would a hakutaku want to bite use anyway?

> Examine suspicious book in study. The only one in the bookcase that has a black outline instead of a grey outline.

> Status on passing our legacy/curse to the next generation, that is, family planning and possible curse candidates.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:05:50 PM by capt. h »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2014, 05:58:06 PM »
> Does Mokou hang around the village? What's our current relationship with her?

Also, Re: New Game Plus Shenanigans:

I don't recall implying that?
I was referring to this post. That's why I assumed that the cast (or Ichirin, at the very least) had played through this quest before.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
>Observe HAKUREI SIGNAL SPOTLIGHT.

>Observe SUKUSUKU HAKUTAKU.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Misfortune!

• I'M THE LIGHTBRINGER!
  • I'M THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »
>Current quests?
>ADVENTURE!!!
"Wha...wha...whazzat? Whazzat? You just wanna play a game that doesn't have six metrosexual Jonas Brothers in it? Well FUUUUUUUCK YOU! This is what you get, fuck you! Square Enix: Because fuck you guys!" -JonTron
"The lessons bronies shared with us about loyalty, friendship, fame, obsession, transcendental idealism, rectal prolapse, and erotic plush toy construction shall not be soon forgotten." -Alex Barry

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2014, 01:33:37 AM »
> Get 3 sacred treasures.

Drake

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2014, 01:49:56 AM »
> Check current chalkboard contents

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2014, 04:37:39 PM »
>Keine: Take BACKUP APPLE
>Keine: Look out the window, maybe there's something interesting outside.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
>Check yukata.

Nash Fais

• The brightest light, cast the longest shadow.
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
>Check drawers
Pwuaahh, where am I?