Author Topic: Youkai Quest: 3rd Revision  (Read 34953 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Youkai Quest: 3rd Revision
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 09:19:57 PM »
> "Mystia was lookin' for one since she wants to start selling cooler stuff, nya.  Do ya know where we can get one?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 11:04:47 PM »
> "Mystia was lookin' for one since she wants to start selling cooler stuff, nya.  Do ya know where we can get one?"
>You ask about where to get one for Mystia, and Momiji nods a few times. "Hmm...Nitori should be able to help. I was going to go meet her over at her place after I got the supplies. Can't play Shogi on an empty stomach after all."
>As she says the part about not being able to play on an empty stomach, she indicates the snack foods in the bags she's carrying. "You want to come watch for a bit? As long as your friends don't get in the way, they'll be fine."

>Of course, hearing this makes Cirno pipe up in a somewhat indignant tone of voice. "I resemble that remark!' Which, of course, elicits a facepalm from Dai.
>Of course, Rumia chimes in cheerfully at the mention of food. "As long as there's food, I'm happy!" A simple mind means simple pleasures after all.
>Of course, Momiji just stares at Rumia for a short while before looking at you with that sort of expression that seems to imply she wasn't completely considering Rumia's presence until now.  "I'm going to need more snacks."
>Then again, Rumia's appetite seems to be quite well-known in Gensokyo. She's no Yuyuko, but she's definitely not picky about her food if the 'Fairy Incident' is anything to go by...
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 11:11:55 PM »
> Nod.
> "Sure! Maybe I can learn a thing or two! And don't worry about them. Me and Dai'll make sure nothing happens."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
> Nod.
> "Sure! Maybe I can learn a thing or two! And don't worry about them. Me and Dai'll make sure nothing happens."

>As soon as you respond in the affirmative, Momiji also nods. "Well, we'll need to make a few more stops to keep everyone fed then. Hopefully you've got some money, because I still have a few more days until I get this week's paycheck."
>You guess she's having to worry about a budget too. Ran's always complained about Yukari's spending habits when it came time to tally up monthly expenses.

>To be honest, it seems like the Yakumo family is on the rich side of things, despite how humble the house seems. After all, it's not a mansion even by typical standards according to Ran.
>You're quite inclined to believe her when she says she's seen much bigger. Even the Moriya Shrine has more rooms and overall floorspace than home, even when you factor in your room having recently been added.
>Of course, before you can respond verbally to Momiji's remark, you feel a slight weight suddenly appear in one of the many pockets within your handy little cloak. You should probably check what it is.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
> Follow along if Momiji's already started moving.
> Check the pocket.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »
> Follow along if Momiji's already started moving.
> Check the pocket.
>She seems to have started walking towards another shop that seems to have various meats for sale, you note offhandedly that when Rumia catches sight of it, she gets this wistful and longing expression. Girl must really love that stuff. You'd hate to see her in the same room as Yuyuko when it comes to food. Mostly because you'd probably not get any, and that makes you one sad kitty. Not even the fish would escape them, all the tasty fish...Whoa there, keep it together! You'll lose 'miji at this rate if you get distracted by your own appetite.
>Pulling yourself back to the real world and out of your fish-laden fantasies, you check the pocket that you felt the weight appear in, and your hand comes into contact with two things. One feels like some sort of pouch with hard things in it, the other feels like some sort of piece of paper you're sure wasn't there earlier. Definitely not a spellcard though, those feel a bit stiffer. Of course, you make sure to follow as closely to Momiji as you can while feeling around.
>Which would you like to examine first?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
> Let's check the paper first. It's probably a note.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
> Let's check the paper first. It's probably a note.
>You elect to check the paper first, pulling it out as you try your best to follow Momiji. Seems it's a note from Yukari! The note reads thusly...

Quote from: Note from Yukari
Hello Hibachi! It's me, Yukari. I got this little reward together for your efforts in resolving that little mess at the Lake, Chen told me all about it after I called her back. Even I wouldn't have guessed that little Cirno's power had gotten away with her. Do let me know how she's doing when you come back later, would you?

PS: Could you pick up some tofu from the Village on the way home? I've already sent word ahead that someone will be picking it up, so it's already paid-for. Just show them the note at the gates, and you'll be able to enter and get the tofu. Ran's been looking forward to it~!

PPS: The reward I gave you is some funds, I have a feeling you'll need it, since the coins you got from Ran aren't Gensokyo's actual currency, those are actually encapsulated energy in the form of a coin. Some Lesser Youkai like the Nozuchi you met earlier on are drawn to them, and catalyze the stored energy to manifest as proper youkai. So you might make more friends like her if you keep carrying them around.

>Huh, so Macca isn't Gensokyo's currency after all, go figure. You check the pouch next...Nice! There's probably about 8000 Yen in there. You quickly return the pouch and note to the pocket they appeared in. You'll have to be careful with how you spend this.

-Got: 8000 Yen! Don't spend it all in one place!-

>The next question now is, what to buy? There's a lot of shops around! Maybe you should have Momiji show you the best places to shop? It goes without saying that you quicken your pace to catch up. Dai notices your hastened pace and drags Cirno along, much to the poor fairy's confusion. Rumia seems to be taking things at her own pace, but still glancing at Momiji's apparent destination. You idly wonder if they have fish, and if you have enough to buy it.

Parser Note: I would've used that sunburst symbol you usually find in these things, but I can't make that with my keyboard for some reason, so I went with the typical yen. Blame Yukari.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »
S'all good.

> Catch up with Momiji.
> "Does the place we're going sell fish?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »
S'all good.

> Catch up with Momiji.
> "Does the place we're going sell fish?"

>You inquire towards Momiji about fish as you speed up to be closer to her, and she makes a few 'Hmm'-sounding noises. "Yeah, but the prices still haven't gone down yet, even with that mess at the lake apparently having been resolved. And that's the cheapest place in town too, I bet the other settlements are in just as bad a situation too, since most of Gensokyo's better fish comes from either the Misty Lake or the river that flows into it. And you know how the Tengu are about the part of the river that's close to the Mountain, right? They only let the Kappa fish there."
>Wait, how does she know about the lake stuff being resolved? As if in response to your confusion, she stops for a moment and turns back to face you with a smile on her face. "I heard about it from some of the other Tengu, they said a rather motley assortment of people resolved that mess before any of the usual Incident Solvers could get at it. Apparently two cats were among it. I bet Hakurei's probably so irritated about having been beaten to the punch that she's drowning her sorrows with that Oni friend of hers."
>Oni? First you've heard of them outside of the occasional mention from Yukari. Who was it she kept talking about again....The name made you think of juicy watermelons for some reason. Shame you can't recall it off the top of your head. Of course, you're more wondering how the OTHER Tengu found out right now. You're sure the only ones involved were yourself, Wriggle, Chen, Rumia, Mystia, Mokou, Dai, and Cirno. Oh, Ponga too.

>That said, you're worried just how high the fish prices are, if Momiji said they still haven't gone down yet. Ran was complaining about fish prices having skyrocketed well before you'd gotten involved in this mess(It's why you haven't had a good fish very often), you're fairly sure that was why she was complaining in the first place come to think about it.
>Of course, Momiji's now looking at you somewhat expectantly. "So? Who was behind it? It was Ms. Yasaka trying to get more followers again, wasn't it? Aya bet me her entire paycheck for the month if it was. I doubt it was her though, she's been somewhat quieter lately, ever since the whole Underground Incident."
>Oh boy, you get the feeling this Hakurei person isn't going to be the only one who'll be drowning their sorrows tonight...You're also starting to get the feeling that most Crow Tengu have serious gambling problems.
>And of course, while all that was going on, it sounds like Rumia and Cirno have started arguing about something. You think it has something to do with food from what it sounds like. You think Cirno's trying to push for ice cream, while Rumia wants steak. You personally, want fish. fish-flavored snacks if you can't get the real stuff, you're not a picky kitty by any means. You have no clue what Dai might want though, you mostly hear the occasional sound of palm-meeting-forehead that you presume to be her. She seems like a fresh fruit sort of person to you.

>For a brief moment, you think you might've smelled something familiar...Roses...? You idly wonder if 'she' is around as well.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 03:00:15 AM »
> Tell Momiji who was behind the incident.
> Look around a bit for rose person.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 12:27:38 AM »
> Tell Momiji who was behind the incident.
> Look around a bit for rose person.

>You inform her that it was actually Cirno, though not by her own intent, and she stares for a few moments before grinning rather wolfishly. Then again, she is a Wolf Tengu, so it's to be expected really. "All I needed to know! Guess she should've known better than to gamble with her entire paycheck for the month, right?"
>She then sighs somewhat, as if she's used to this, but still bugged. "I'd say more, but who knows who could be watching or listening, you know? I'm probably already a subject of gossip as it is for pushing to get you that passport."
>Oh yeah, you recall that reputation is pretty important to Tengu according to what Yukari, Suwako, and Kanako have told you during your many visits. You guess you must've made enough of an impression to merit a passport, since they're apparently not that common.

>You cast a few glances around, but you don't see her, maybe she's hiding? Weird, the smell's kinda close. And you could swear you heard a playful giggle coming from somewhere, but... Where?
>...Come to think of it, you sort of feel like you're wearing a different hat now. You note that you can actually see the brim too. Your usual hat definitely doesn't have a brim wide enough to see while wearing it!
>You're starting to get the feeling someone's messing around with you, but who? The giggle didn't sound like Yukari, but she's the only one you know to have a sort of power that could allow something like a hat-swap...Right? Come to think of it, that person you danced with a while ago, nobody else saw her but you. Could she be behind it...?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 04:01:39 AM »
> Shrug it off for now. We've still got a wolf to follow.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »
> Shrug it off for now. We've still got a wolf to follow.
>You decide to ignore it for now and keep walking after Momiji, thinking it can't be much trouble until you hear Cirno suddenly pipe up. "But I wanted Ice Cream!
>You're fairly sure you hear Dai facepalm yet again, and sure enough, Rumia's retort shortly after. "And I said Steak!" Sigh. Those two.
>It does sound like they're still following, likely thanks to Dai. What would you do without her? It's funny how on top of things she is, despite being a Fairy.
>She certainly doesn't seem all that fairylike, resurrective immortality notwithstanding of course. Maybe you should talk to her about that sometime, since all the other fairies are pretty screwy.
>You think you faintly hear Dai muttering to herself. Something about fruit? You aren't sure what kind though.
>Seems everyone wants a different snack. You wonder if you'll have enough money...You think Rumia might be okay with anything though, as long as it's meat.

>Before too long, Momiji has led you and the others to a shop that has quite a lot of tasty smells drifting out of the doorway. You note that there's also quite a lot of people going in and out too. It almost reminds you of the Kitchens at Hakugyoukurou, smells-wise. Looking up at the sign, you find that it reads 'Blackwing Groceries'.
>"Here we are, the place I do most of my weekend shopping. You can find a lot of good deals here, and I think they were having a sale on porkchops earlier today. I should probably stock up, since I won that bet with Aya and all."

Parser's Note: Sorry about the delay again! Stuff happened, and I wasn't quite able to update as easily.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
S'all good.

> "Ah, I see, nya!"
> If there're deals then we should have a better chance of getting people snacks.
> Head on in with everyone and start by checking out the pork chop deal.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 10:29:34 PM »
S'all good.

> "Ah, I see, nya!"
> If there're deals then we should have a better chance of getting people snacks.
> Head on in with everyone and start by checking out the pork chop deal.

>You voice your understanding of the matter, and proceed into the shop with your group.
>The first thing you notice, is a bevy of different smells. It's almost overwhelming really. One in particular however cuts through the rest, the distinct aroma of dried fish. Squid to be exact. It's somewhat muted, but still strong enough that you can pick it up. Not exactly your favorite, but you'll take what you can get. Chen likes it anyhow, so you should probably pick up some for her too.
>You really have to wonder how they get squid up here when you've never heard of Gensokyo having an ocean before. Then again, Ran said something about a lot of the family funds being tied-up in the importing business, so that's gotta be it.
>It smells like it's coming from the north-western end of the store, but that also seems to be the most crowded area too. Probably because of that sale Momiji mentioned.
>Oh yeah, the place is pretty big. A lot bigger on the inside than it looked. You guess magic is involved. There's quite a lot of Tengu and Kappa going about their business, some in a hurried fashion, others not. Since this is the Tengu Village, you assume the Kappa present are among the workforce who keep everything running smoothly. You could probably even find Tofu here, but Yukari's note explicitly mentioned the Human Village, not the Tengu Village....Well, it's more a City than anything else, you guess it just keeps the name to keep folks in the dark about just how many Tengu there really are? You honestly aren't sure, there's a lot of things you still don't understand after all.
>You think you hear a faint growling noise come from where Momiji is. Sounds kinda annoyed. "I should've known the place would be packed. No self-respecting Wolf Tengu can pass up a sale on anything meaty. It'll be difficult for us to get through the crowd, even with flying. Nevermind that that would be a bad idea anyways."
>Looking around, you see a lot of people that look sorta like her, come to think of it. Some of them don't have white hair though, some even have black or brown. You guess they're all somewhat different kinds of Wolf Tengu? There's even a few that you see that have really big wings. A small group them in particular seems to be arguing over something complex-sounding that you don't get. You've heard Ran talk about it with Yukari in the past though, so it must be one of those grown-up things.

>It looks like there's a lull in the crowd now, so you might be able to slip through on your own. You should probably ask Momiji what she wants if that's the case.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2013, 12:54:11 AM »
> "Hmhm~ Whatcha need Momiji? I'll try and get it for ya."
> Once she tells us, leave everyone with Momiji and Dai and use our small stature to weave through the crowd to get the stuff.
> Get some dried squid for both us and Chen while we're at it as well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 01:27:40 AM »
> "Hmhm~ Whatcha need Momiji? I'll try and get it for ya."
> Once she tells us, leave everyone with Momiji and Dai and use our small stature to weave through the crowd to get the stuff.
> Get some dried squid for both us and Chen while we're at it as well.

>"Ah, you'll handle this? Thanks, you'll need to grab a few packages of the porkchops, three will do. Bring them back here and I'll handle paying for those. You should be able to find some other things you think might be needed, like other snacks."

>With that in mind, you soon make your way to the crowd and begin slipping through gaps in the crowd that you know Momiji wouldn't be able to fit through.
It isn't long before you find out what the real cause of the commotion is. There's another Wolf Tengu, which seems pretty normal until you notice something rather striking about her hair. It looks like it's lavender-colored. Maybe she dyes it that color? Yukari once talked about how someone she knows once had that sort of hair color in her youth, but she was quite enigmatic on if it was real or not.
>Apparently though, the whole fuss is due to people trying to get an autograph from her or something. You guess she's pretty popular or important? She seems a bit irritated by all the fuss though, looks like they caught her in the middle of her shopping. You'll have to ask Momiji what all that was when you get back to her.

>Squeezing past the noisy bunch carefully, you grab the requested items and begin winding your way back through the crowd to find the fish smell.
It doesn't take long before you've found yourself in the motherlode of treats, the snack food aisle. You think you even see some stuff Rumia might like. Jerky, naturally. And whoa, are those seriously pre-cooked and ready-to-eat meatbuns?! You have to wonder why they're in this aisle though, but you suppose they're kept fresh via magic. You grab a bag or three for everyone to enjoy since it looks like they're on sale too, even though you could only find one package of the teriyaki beef kind. You heard Rumia likes those. Some funny feeling tells you that you'll need one of these later, but you can't tell what for, so you grab another four-pack just to be sure.
Grabbing two packages of the dried squid strips after a little sniffing around to find them(literally), you then look for snacks that the others might enjoy beyond the meatbuns. It isn't much longer until you find a bag of dried mixed fruit for Daiyousei, some of which you've never seen before, much less tasted. and then a mixed bag of candies for Cirno. You think they'll like this as snacks. And to keep Chen and yourself happy, you pick up a small container of candy stars to share. Ever since you started visiting the Moriya Shrine, you discovered you're quite fond of them.
You just can't get used to when Kanako comes back from her usual faith-gathering festivals stone drunk though, she always pats your head a bit too roughly. But on the bright side, at least she isn't as bad as Yukari gets when she's had too much. Way too affectionate and clingy.
>You suppose it's a good thing they've got basket stations scattered all over for you to carry all this in, otherwise you'd have a heck of a time carrying all this.
>You'd say it took you about a half an hour to get everything, you just hope Momiji and Daiyousei were able to keep Rumia and Cirno in check. Good thing you've gotten everything you were after. Working your way through several other sections, including one filled with bottles of what you guess are various alcohols, you finally make it back, to which Cirno notices and waves at you energetically. At least she hasn't done anything stupid since you left.

Parser's Note: My humblest apologies. I would have had this posted last time I was on, but other things kept me occupied, and the weather recently turned very bad. Aparently the temperatures have been dipping to -50! What is this, an impending Ice Age or something? sheesh...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 02:01:38 AM »
No problem.  Weather's getting a little crazy over here too with some really low wind chill temperatures.

> Head back to the group and hand Momiji her items.  Don't hand out the snacks 'til we've payed though.
> While we're at it, ask Momiji what she knows about that lavender-haired wolf tengu.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »
No problem.  Weather's getting a little crazy over here too with some really low wind chill temperatures.

> Head back to the group and hand Momiji her items.  Don't hand out the snacks 'til we've payed though.
> While we're at it, ask Momiji what she knows about that lavender-haired wolf tengu.

>You decide to head on back to the group, having gotten all the things you think will be needed. Once you get back, you hand off the porkchops to Momiji, and ask about the Tengu you saw. "Oh, that's Yumi. everyone just calls her 'Haru' though on accounts of her family name, Harukaze. It's her stage name too since she's a singer you know, pretty popular with most Tengu and Kappa, aside from the Yamabushi Tengu, but they're stubborn traditionalists if you ask Nitori. She says they wouldn't know forward progress if it bit them in the-" She stops herself there for a moment, before resuming in a slightly different way. "...Well, this is Nitori we're talking about here, so I think you can guess the rest." Yep, you definitely know what Nitori would say in this case.
>Huh, so she's famous? That explains the crowd. "I was actually in The Academy around the same time as her back in the day, apparently it was her dad's idea to sign her up. But you can guess how well that worked out." Yeah, you think you have an idea of that.
>You continue idly chatting like this as you go to pay for the goods you've procured.

-Item Get!-
2 Bags of Dried Squid Strips
2 Seasoned Chicken Meatbun 4-Packs(Sale!)
1 Plain Beef Meatbun 4-Pack(Sale!)
1 Teriyaki Beef Meatbun 4-Pack(Sale!)
1 Bag of Dried Fruit Mix
1 Bag of Assorted Candy
1 Container of Candy Stars

-Lost 1800 Yen...-

>But with that finished, you hear something odd and noisy coming from where that weird-hair Tengu was. You aren't sure what, but it looks like Momiji noticed too, and soon hands off all her goods to you and the others. "A wolf's job is never done...Watch the stuff will you? I've got to toss a few rowdy fans out on their tails."
>Having said that, she adjusts her nifty little hat and marches into the crowd.

-Tengu is Working Now, Please Wait Warmly- (Parser: And by warmly, I seriously mean warmly! It's cold out! Hope y'alls are keepin' warm!)

>It doesn't take much longer before she re-emerges carrying a few rather seedy-looking and dazed Tengu and Kappa of various sorts. She glances at you on the way to the door, and grins slightly. "I missed this part of my old job, it's a great workout." When she reaches the door, a completely unimpressed-looking Tengu of some indeterminate type gestures boredly at the doors, when then open automatically. Through which Momiji then flings the people she was carrying. You think you hear some of them land in a dumpster or trashcan across the street. You guess she used to have a job like this before her current one? Either way, you're a lot more impressed with her than before. After that's been done, she claps her hands a few times together to brush off the dust and dirt she probably got on her hands from handling those seedy folks, and adjusts her little hat again before walking back over and reclaiming her goods from you and the others. Cirno of course, is just staring in excited awe.
>When Momiji gets to reclaiming her goods from Cirno, Cirno just suddenly blurts out in her typically over-excitable way. "That was so awesome! Teach me how to throw people like that! I bet I'll beat Sunny and her gang real good with throwing skills like that!" You think it just got a few degrees colder, she must not have a very good grip on her power right now due to excitement. You just hope she doesn't do anything stupid before or after you get to Nitori's.
>Of course, Momiji just sighs somewhat amusedly. "I'd teach you, but then I'd have to kill you. It's a trade secret you know." Hilariously, this actually works to spook Cirno. Did she forget she can't die permanently or something? Dai just shares a sidelong glance with you that seems to imply she's thinking the same thing you are. Heck, even Rumia's getting in on the glance. You know it's bad when even Rumia thinks something's stupid.
>That said, you've got snacks, you've got everyone together(save for Chen, who was summoned home for some reason), it's time to make for Nitori's!

-Girls are Traveling Now, Please Wait Warmly-

>As you made your way down the Mountain Trail to the Kappa Village, you learned from Momiji that 'Haru' was grateful enough to promise her some backstage passes to her next concert in a few weeks, and Momiji wanted to know if you wanted to tag along. You're still undecided yet. You also learned that before Momiji was a member of the force, she worked as a bouncer in one of the nightclubs scattered all over the Tengu Village. Apparently she did such a good job of it one day that she was invited to participate in The Academy, which Momiji had mentioned earlier. This being an institute that trains the Mountain Guards, among the other means of defense that the Youkai of the mountain have. You feel like you're getting closer to Momiji, but it feels like something's still missing...

>Right now you're watching Momiji and Nitori play a somewhat intense match of Dai-Shogi in Nitori's Living room. You aren't really sure about the rules though, since it's bigger and more complex than normal Shogi.
>Rumia, Cirno, and Dai are currently munching on popcorn provided by one of Nitori's inventions while watching them go at it hammer and tongs, having already exhausted their snacks. You're oddly reminded of this one animation you saw on the TV Box, something about card games? Apparently card games were serious business in that show, but you thought it was silly. Chen seemed to like it though.
>Watching them play, you idly munch on what's left of your bag of dried squid and ponder if you could get a game of Mahjong going instead. you've got enough players for that, if you don't mind having Cirno as one of your opponents.
>Come to think of it, you have no idea how long you've been here watching them go at it. You should probably ask them sometime, even though Yukari's told you that you have no set schedule to be home by.

-Lost Item...-
1 Bag of Dried Fruit Mix
1 Bag of Assorted Candy
1 Seasoned Chicken Meatbun 4-Pack

Parser's Note: Sorry about this taking a while, I would've had it up sooner, but firefox ate all my tabs when I almost had this finished.
EDIT: I'll modify the inventory when I next get a chance to.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:08 AM »
> Wait for a break in the action to ask 'em.
> Keep nibbling on some of that dried squid and look around the room.
> Inventory

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
> Wait for a break in the action to ask 'em.
> Keep nibbling on some of that dried squid and look around the room.
> Inventory

>It might be a while before they're distracted enough for you to ask them, so you just look around while lightly snacking on what's left of your bag of dried squid.
>You see all sorts of gizmos, gadgets, odds-and-ends, and all sorts of stuff that spilled over into Nitori's home part of her workshop. Nitori said most kappa keep 'Home' and 'Workplace' mostly-defined despite being in the same building usually, but she never cared about keeping it clean-cut like that. Says it helps if some uppity punk tries to burglarize the place, but you just think she doesn't care.
>Hm? You see a newspaper sitting on the edge of the table that a large mechanical thing is sitting on. You get curious and decide to read it.

Quote from: Bunbunmaru Newspaper, Front Page
Mysterious Chamber found in the Old Mines!
We interviewed the foreman of the operation, an Oni by the name of Josuke Nakano, on the findings.
"Nobody down 'ere really knows what it's for, besides the fact that there's some girl chained to a rock in there. My boys tried busting it, but neither the rock nor the chains gave any. We've even had Yuugi the Strong come down here and try! No luck, as annoyed as it makes all of us."
And as we all know, an Annoyed Oni is a Scary Oni! I quickly fled the area when I heard that, so I couldn't interview further...The Staff apologizes most sincerely.
There's a picture of the girl in question, you think she's missing some sort of feature, but you aren't sure what since it's still in black-and-white...You should ask Yukari about it.
>There's a smaller article that also catches your eye..
Quote from: Bunbunmaru Newspaper, 2nd Page
Gatekeeper to give Martial Arts Lessons?
Hong Meiling, renowned slacker-slash-gatekeeper of the Scarlet Devil Mansion has gone on the record as saying that she will give Martial Arts Lessons during her days off.
Apparently she isn't getting paid as much as she'd like, so she's taken up this second job. One wonders if the infamous 'Scarlet Devil' even pays her workers.
Signup Fee: 600 Yen
>Hmm...You should probably look into that! You've been feeling your natural ability to fight unarmed has been falling behind, and you think even Rumia could throw a better punch at this point. It says tomorrow's one of her days off, so you should ask Yukari about that! You have to wonder why it's so cheap though...

>Inventory? Here. There's a lot though! You wonder how you can even carry all this, even with the really deep pockets your cloak has...It doesn't take long before you start blaming Yukari. You'll probably offload some of this stuff when you get home, since you probably won't need it anymore.
~Inventory~
Cooking Outfit(Unequipped)
This stylish-looking White Apron and Green Kimono set looked brown when you first saw it, but you blinked and it was green like all the others.
Cooking Hat(Unequipped)
This poofy hat is a must for any chef, as the Legendary Chef Boyardee can attest...But you kinda wonder just who he is.
Classy Suit (Equipped)
Yukari probably left this in your closet, you think it looks snazzy!
Tiny Ribbon (Worn as Accessory 1)
Cute little ribbon you woke up with.
Nifty Cloak (Worn as Accessory 2)
Yukari gave you this cloak to go with your suit, it's even got a pouch for Ponga to sit in! (You don't think he can use it anymore now though...)
Snazzy Cap (Current Headgear)
Yukari gave you this neat little hat at the same time as the Cloak, apparently it was made as part of a set to go with the Suit.
Classy Headgear (Unequipped)
Snazzy Top hat that goes with the suit. You think it adds charm, but does it add CHARISMA?
Yukari's Note (Key Item)
A note that was addressed to you, written by Yukari.
Blank Spellcards(2) (Key Item)
These blank spellcards were given to you by CidNitori, as well as Momiji, but you can't use them until you have them engraved somehow.
Mountain Map (Key Item)
This is a simple map of the Youkai Mountain, simple enough that even you can read it. It marks such important places as Moriya Shrine, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, and the Outpost!
Momiji's Newspaper (Key Item)
A newspaper with a picture of a green-haired woman on the front, who could she be?
Froggy's Iron Ring (Equipped as Accessory)
The Red Kedama dropped this when you defeated it. It's apparently one of the many Iron Rings that were scattered all across Gensokyo when Suwako and the Red-White fought.
Athletic Wrappings(Equipped on Arms)
A roll of Athletic Bandages that people who play sports often wear, it has a caricature of a drunk-looking girl with horns on it. Maybe they belong to whoever's face that is?
They seem to have a strange effect when you equip them.
Macca(Total: 224)
These weird coins were given to you by Ran, they were helpful in resolving the Nozuchi incident. They must have some kind of power, but you can't feel anything.
Yen(Current Total: 6200)
Gensokyo's currency apparently, it seems to have been one of the many things adopted from the Outside World. This is important for buying things!
Elegant Chopsticks (Key Item)
These were given to you by Yuyuko as thanks for the food you and Youmu made, you've been needing something like this for a long time!
Shimmering Blue Rose (Key Item)
A mysterious Blue Rose that shines faintly, you found it in your cloak's pocket after dancing with a strange girl whom nobody could see but you...You have a feeling that it's probably important.
Pagoda-shaped Lantern (Key Item)
You stumbled across this strange object as you were exploring, Literally. It looks kinda like a Pagoda almost...And what's with that gem in there?
Star-shaped Key (Key Item)
You found this Star-shaped Key in the Iceberg Fortress, You need the other three keys to gain access to the Dungeon.
Moon-shaped Key (Key Item)
You found this key in the wreckage of a desk in the Iceberg Fortress, it's one of four keys to allow access to the Dungeon!
Sun-shaped Key (Key Item)
You found this key in a room in the Iceberg Fortress with a trio of mysterious armors, it's one of Four keys to get into the Dungeon.
Crown-topped Key (Key Item)
The fourth and final key to unlock the dungeons where Dai was being held. Cirno had it when you knocked her out of the King Frost.
? Shoes (Weapon: Footwear -Unequipped)
You found these strange shoes hidden in the depths of the Iceberg Fortress. They seem to increase Graze just by wearing them, wonder how they do that?
Really Cold Dagger
You found this weird dagger in the undercroft of that iceberg, who knows what it can do though? You'll take it to Ran or Yukari later.
Tengu Village Passport (Key Item)
This is a Civilian Passport for the Tengu Village! Now you can go around there without an escort! But since it says Civilian, that must mean there's still places you can't get on your own.
1&1/2 Bags of Dried Squid Strips(Misc Item)
It's not your favorite, but it'll do. Chen likes it though!
1 Seasoned Chicken Meatbun 4-Packs(Misc Item)
A 4-pack of Seasoned Chicken Meatbuns, preserved via magic or something. You just know they'll keep nigh-indefinitely.
1 Plain Beef Meatbun 4-Pack(Misc Item)
A 4-pack of Plain Beef Meatbuns, preserved via magic or something. You just know they'll keep nigh-indefinitely.
1 Teriyaki Beef Meatbun 4-Pack(Misc Item)
A 4-pack of Teriyaki Beef Meatbuns, preserved via magic or something. You just know they'll keep nigh-indefinitely.
1 Container of Candy Stars(Misc Item)
A container of Candy Stars, your favorite sweet. You got it to share with Chen.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »
> Hmm... Well if it's gonna be like this for awhile yet it might be best not to stick around for too much longer.
> If the game shows no signs of stopping in another ten minutes, bid everyone adieu and head back home.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »
> Hmm... Well if it's gonna be like this for awhile yet it might be best not to stick around for too much longer.
> If the game shows no signs of stopping in another ten minutes, bid everyone adieu and head back home.
>The game keeps going, and going, and going...It's like that rabbit with the drum you saw on the television once. Doesn't look like it's gonna stop anytime soon either.
>So you conclude to yourself that since you don't know how long you've been watching the match, that it's probably time to head home. You say goodbye to everyone, and make for the door. "Leaving already Hibachi? I'll make sure your friends get home safely." "Mmh. Have a @#$@ good one, you got me?" Oh Nitori, never change. You find yourself smiling a bit. "Bye Hibachi, and thanks for the snacks!" "...Bye...And thanks for everything the other day..." "Later! Let's go a round sometime!" Does Cirno mean what you think she means? But you've only got two spellcards...
>Having said your farewells, you exit Nitori's place and begin the long journey home...Or at least you would, until you remember you have to swing past the Human Village to pick up the tofu Yukari asked for. So you pop back in, and inquire about where said village is, which prompts Nitori to motion for a pause in the game before she gets up and walks over to a nearby desk, then starts throwing the papers scattered atop it all willy-nilly. It doesn't take long before she digs up what she was apparently after. "Here we @#$@ go, this should help since the landscape hasn't changed too much over the years...It's from back before the Moriya Incident, but it should still work with a little update here and there to account for new places that showed up."
>She fishes around further for an inkwell and pen, which she then begins to use to fill in what you assume to be other locations on a map. Curious, you walk over to see what she's doing. Sure enough, it's an old map she's adding touch-ups to, just as you thought earlier. There's several interesting locations, one of which is that mansion you saw earlier near the Misty Lake. Apparently that's the Scarlet Devil Mansion! On one side of a small extension of the Bamboo Forest, just opposite the Misty Lake in fact, is the Human Village! It looks like there's a path that leads around that extension to the Misty Lake from there. You might even be able to swing by the Scarlet Devil Mansion on the way if you're quick about it, since all you have to do is follow the Great Mountain River downstream to the Misty Lake, and from there you could go to the Human Village. It seems like stopping by the Mansion would only be a minor detour at worst. Flight sure is a handy thing isn't it?
>It doesn't take long before Nitori finishes the alterations, then blows on the ink to dry it, before rolling it back up and presenting it to you. "Here, I don't need this one anymore, so you can have it."

-Item Get: Modified Gensokyo Map!-
It shows various locations in Gensokyo, some of which you don't really know well enough that you feel safe visiting, but there's several that you know are safe. Nitori improved one of her outdated maps to make this!
Thanks to this, you learned of more locations you feel safe going to!

-Location List Updated! New Locations and Areas Added!-
Great Mountain River
Youkai Mountain Western Foothills
Youkai Mountain Eastern Foothills
Misty Lake - River's End
Scarlet Devil Mansion - Gate
Human Village - West Gate
Human Village - North Gate
Human Village - South Gate
Human Village - East Gate
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »
> "Oh! Thanks Nitori!"
> Say our farewells to everyone again and head on out.
> Might as well stop at the SDM and scope the place out a little.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »
> "Oh! Thanks Nitori!"
> Say our farewells to everyone again and head on out.
> Might as well stop at the SDM and scope the place out a little.
>You thank Nitori, and she just adjusts her cap as she returns to the game she was playing with Momiji. After that, you say goodbye to everyone once more, and depart Nitori's.
~BGM: Time To Fly!~
>The first thing you do is fly directly up to get your bearings. Okay, Tengu Village is somewhat northwest, and the Mountain River flows through both the Tengu Village and the Kappa Village, so it's no trouble to use the River as a road. Which you opt to do!
~BGM: Up and Down the River~
>Following the River, you find all sorts of neat spots. You even pass by a little wooded area that has a broken-down looking old shrine. You get a somewhat bad feeling from the area though, so you stay away until you get more info. You're a careful kitty after all!
>Along the way, you also see a spot that has a bunch of ropy-looking fish. At least, you think they're fish...Kinda looks like what Mystia grills up. You'll have to talk to Momiji about seeing if Mystia can catch new stock here sometime.
-Quest Updated!-

>It doesn't take much longer before you arrive at the Misty Lake. Unsurprisingly, the Iceberg Fortress is still there. You don't think it'll melt anytime soon, even with it being warmer out. That said, you scan around for that Mansion, and soon find it on the Southwestern shore, exactly where it was the other times you saw it. You make a beeline straight there, though for a brief instant you catch a strange presence from the Iceberg Fortress. What's that all about anyways? Oh well, you'll find out sooner or later, you always do...Maybe someone living at that mansion knows what's up?
>That said, it doesn't take you long to arrive at the gate of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, where you see a green-clad woman with long red hair apparently sleeping standing up! Now there's a feat you haven't even seen Yukari pull off! Thinking back to the article you read, this must be the Gatekeeper, Hong Meiling. There's no other explanation as to why she'd be sleeping out here...Then again, it is a pretty nice day. According to the sun, you'd say you were at Nitori's for a good 3-4 hours. You'd say it's a little after lunch really, given how there's a small tray with a few bowls and plates off to the side near Meiling...At least, you think that's who this is, you could be wrong.
>However, you aren't sure what to do. She seems sound asleep, so you might even be able to sneak in. Of course, you could always just wake her up, though you don't have any pots to bash together like you do back home...You're seized by an urge to flick a minimum-power shot at her, just to see what happens. Yukari always says that the best way to learn something is to do, even though Ran always retorts with the age-old 'Curiosity killed the cat' proverb.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »
> Try patting her on the shoulder to wake her up.
> "Hello? You wakin' up?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »
>You decide to fly up to reach her shoulder so you can pat it in an attempt to wake her up.
>....Of course, this just elicits some mumbling sleeptalk from her. Something about a giant catfish...?
>Whoa! She suddenly lashed out with one of her fists! Good thing you weren't on that side when she did, you could've been sent flying! You think that if you try to wake her up, you should do it from a distance, and you doubt just shouting is going to do the job...Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
> Try and go for a couple of danmaku shots then. From a distance.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2014, 11:01:29 PM »
> Try and go for a couple of danmaku shots then. From a distance.
>You decide to get some distance between the two of you before you take careful aim for her forehead, and flick an arrowhead shot just like Chen does...It hits dead-on!
>This of course, has the amusing side-effect of causing her to rocket almost straight up before crash-landing hard enough to bury her upper body in the ground just like in the cartoons! ...Does she run on cartoon physics or something? Either way, she's definitely awake now, if her comically-flailing legs are any indication.
>...You should probably try to help her out somehow.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!