Author Topic: On the Boundary ~ Legend of Illusionary Paradise [Discussion Thread]  (Read 22813 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: On the Boundary ~ Legend of Illusionary Paradise [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »
If people see her that way, well, she wouldn't give a shit. She doesn't care how people see her.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 08:07:05 AM »
I meant that literally. There's an old legend in japan where, if you kill 1000 youkai, you end up becoming one yourself.
Now, Gensokyo's a world of legends, and Sanae herself was warned of potentially suffering that same fate in canon. So there's a little something to think on I guess?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »
That wouldn't stop her. At all.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »
True, but there's always a chance she'll end up inadvertently or intentionally doing the exact same thing she hunted youkai to stop them from doing.
I've seen it happen many times before. It never ends well for anyone involved. Always ends in heartbreak. It's like old man Yoda said, hate leads to suffering.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »
Potential villain in the making?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »
And thus, we see our 'heroine' have a fit of the crazies. She'll be a fine Main Character yet, eh?
(Ignoring the fact that, by being the Human Magician, having fits of the crazies is my thing. Oh well! There's enough crazy to go around in Gensokyo after all.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
Before I start work on this next post, I figure that Laresa would take the walk back to compare notes with Kohaku about danmaku, or perhaps Laresa could start to teach Kohaku how to fly. At least, I think Laresa can fly, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. But, did you have a preference between the two?

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »
She can't. Not yet.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
Yeah, no flying yet. The comparing notes about danmaku thing should be fine, though.

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
Gotcha. I'll get to work on that when I get home from work.

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 02:10:01 AM »
Hello Everyone. My deepest apologies for the lack of updates as of late. I am currently in college, and due to not having proper equipment to do schoolwork from home, I've been spending quite a bit of time away from home.
I can't promise I'll get this update done this weekend, but I can guarantee I am not giving up.

Please forgive my lack of activity, I am sorry for the delays and will try my best to finish and post the next update soon.

UPDATED! \o/
Yays!
Guess what now, A possible fight with NPC(s) could happen soon.
So now I need some input from everyone about how I should handle the battle system.
Everyone please give your opinion on this matter, as it is very important.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:43:37 PM by Sonae »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 12:21:26 AM »
I would say that you should ask Yugian, he knows a fair bit about RP Battle Systems.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 12:55:55 AM »
I'd say just write them out. Don't try any special 'system'. I think we should just write them as scenes.

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:03 AM »
I've never actually done an RP battle like this before.
Well, that's a lie, I did one, back on the old Videolands MUSH years upon years ago, and it didn't go well.
Anyway, the point is, if there's a 'system' that would help, I've no idea what kind of system to use. Personally, though, being optimistic, I would say that it shouldn't be TOO hard for both parties concerned to work out a fair RP battle without stats or systems.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 03:21:34 AM »
It's not particularly hard to do fights, no, though I'd suggest doing them live with the party involved and then transcribing them to a more legible format.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2012, 01:39:36 AM »
Status Update???

Sora --- Finished for Morning and Noon. Waiting for Evening Event.
Sanaya --- ???
Takuma --- Waiting on something interesting.
Tetsumaru --- Looking for his 'Dad'. Following Laresa and Kohaku.
Laresa --- Heading to see Keine.
Kisei --- Waiting on Crow for post.
Kohaku --- Heading to Keine with Laresa.
Senri --- Has yet to wake.
Nanaya --- Has yet to wake.
Hotaru --- Staring down Momiji's Blade.
Amaya --- ???
Yumiko --- Talking to Patchy.

Okay so there is a bit of a situation going on here with Laresa, Kohaku, Tetsumaru, and eventually Takuma. And that situation is interaction with Keine.
You three need to figure out what you're going to do. Perhaps you can persuade me to make a post in response to you guys, but first thing is that you need to arrive there. Keine will most likely be at the Schoolhouse. So before I can post, you guys need to get there okay?
Also I would like to know  how set you are on having Keine teach you three Danmaku. Keine is a busy person, and she may not have time to give you all in-depth and demonstrative lessons about it. If she doesn't have the time, perhaps she could send you to someone with more time? (Suggestions appreciated!)

As for Takuma, you have two choices. You can either meet with Keine after The three above have done so, or you can run into Reisen on the way there. Please tell me which you want! o/

It's about Afternoon now btw, for those who haven't woken up yet.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »
Laresa intends to simply have Keine provide a demonstration and perhaps some quick basic lessons. From there, Laresa intends to lead the learning effort herself. She is, after all, rather adept at learning new skills or abilities (thanks to the whole 'mimic' thing, she's had a lot of practice). She likely wouldn't find it very hard at all to basically teach it to herself (and then to Kohaku and, possibly, Tetsumaru).

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
Laresa intends to simply have Keine provide a demonstration and perhaps some quick basic lessons.

Seconded.
Even if it's just some basic advice, between Laresa and Kohaku, they should be able to figure out the rest of it themselves. And that's assuming Tetsumaru's never seen danmaku before, which I don't know. If he has, be even quicker.
As for Keine sending the trio to someone with more time, that would be okay with me, as well. As for who, it seems to me that the Myoren Temple would be a good place for her to send us. They have good relations with the humans, after all, and as anyone who's played UFO can tell you, they know their danmaku. Plus it'd be interesting to see how the temple and its crew have grown over the years. Failing that, there's Mokou, though training from an EX boss might be a bit much for a trio of noobs.

Speaking of arrival, did either of you two folks (Guy or Amra) want to handle that, or should I?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »
You can do it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
Takuma's pretty much gonna keep an eye on the Kohaku Party, probably follow at a distance to keep abreast of other potential interesting things.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Go for it, Sour.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 11:05:53 PM »
Takuma's pretty much gonna keep an eye on the Kohaku Party, probably follow at a distance to keep abreast of other potential interesting things.

Just a heads-up on that: Laresa's likely to notice that her group is being followed (although assuming all Takuma does is watch, she won't take any action against him). She's kind of learned to be aware of her surroundings; it comes with being a successful youkai exterminator.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
She'll probably only consider him an interested onlooker if anything. Because, y'know, that's pretty much what he is.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 11:15:31 PM »
Exactly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »
Although, if things get interesting enough, he'll probably try to interact. They're already heading the same direction anyhow.
He's got a minor case of this. Then again, that sometimes happens to me even without booze or the other stuff.
(I often find myself struggling to remember what I did the day before.)
So of course he's gonna consult someone he's pretty sure attended as well. He does vaguely remember the festival, but it's a total blur.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »
Sorry about the lack of update recently guys. Been busy and such. Will hopefully get to working on updates today.
Also, I'm waiting on Orphea to post as well.

EDIT
Update has since been posted.  Awaiting on some replies.

Also.
I'm sorry everyone, I've been having a rough time lately in real life. I don't know how quick I can be with replies. I don't know how long it will take me to get over this, but it may be a while. Please bear with me. The rp will go on.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:47:55 PM by Sonae »

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »
Updated!

Okay so, Status update!

• Sora is currently Finished until later in the evening because cleaning the mansion is too boring to write about.
  • Kohaku, Laresa, and Tetsumaru have just finished speaking with Keine. They are still in the schoolhouse, but I imagine the next would be to head for The locations Keine mentioned for Alice's possible location.
  • Kisei is currently discouraged with the lack of valuables within the shrine. The fairies have detected her, and are currently laying low until it seems safe to continue exploring.
  • Yumiko is being interrogated by Patchouli as to what and why she is there for.
  • Hotaru is staring down the blade of Momiji's sword after spending the night sleeping in one of the tengu's guard posts. Immediate Danger!
  • Everyone else is currently...?

'Kay so, I need Orphea to post ASAP, because later events depend on her situation.

Sour/GYMO/Amra, All you have to do is make your way to the center of town. Do whatever you please. Small talk, discussion, planning, w.e. I'll introduce Alice when you guys arrive/are ready.

Crow, I've poked YJ in attempt to try and get some interaction between your characters. Going with the scenario that Nanaya got too drunk or w.e to get home, and thus fell asleep somewhere on the Shrine Grounds.

As for everyone else, it is time to kil- I mean, POKE THEM ALL!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:40:35 PM by Sonae »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
Arready posted yo.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 01:37:14 AM »
My apologies for the recent lack of activity. Shit went down, I've barely been home, Got sick, storm prevented me from coming home last weekend, Depression, Schoolwork, so on so forth...
I will try to get an update out soon, but no promises due to situation.
Sorry for the inconvenience everyone...

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 12:19:23 AM »
I apologize to everyone for the severe delay. I'm currently in the last 2 weeks of the school semester. Thus almost all my classes have final projects to be done.

I know I'm a terrible GM that just keeps on giving excuses instead of progress, but please, I beg of you, bear with me for just a few weeks longer and I shall have an update ready for you all.

I'm so sorry for everything that's happened over the last couple of months. Please forgive me.