Author Topic: The Elements of Gensokyo  (Read 31723 times)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Re: The Elements of Gensokyo
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
The List is now updated, post number #16. The RP will start in a week or so, I'm really hoping others will join. My sign-up will be the last one right before the first Rp-post comes into place. I'm sure to make sure this doesn't be forgotten like Tir Na Nog. I wonder what happened to Tired/Warm anyway. Squawkers, you know anythin' about it?

And is there any other way to get more people to join :<!?

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
Well, when he was gone the first few days, he attributed it to having to deal with the guest at his house. I'm guessing that that escalated, causing him to lose what little time he had to come to this forum. He and I only ever talked via PM, so I don't know any other way to contact him.

If this is the case, he should return some time in early August. I think he said that that was how long the guest was going to be staying with his family.

Regardless, I'd really appreciate it if this one wasn't forgotten. This place has plenty of text adventures, but I prefer good, old-fashioned Role Playing. I used to run a sub-forum about it, actually.

As far as getting more people to join, I'm guessing that once this actually gets off the ground, people may become intrigued and join. You also might want to add a link to the topic in your signature. It may not bring any more people, but it's worth a try.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 02:06:58 AM »
Ahh. Note taken. But, do you know of anyway that I could obtain a decent custom signature picture to entrice more people?

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
Oh, I was just thinking having the link underneath your current signature.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 06:52:02 AM »
Good Idea. I'll get to it. However, I would hope for a picture that could entice people to come join this RP.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »
Well, I really only do signatures with sources, and I'm not even sure how I'd represent this RP in a signature anyway, so you'd probably have to ask one of the actual artists.

Anyway, I just have a question here. Feel free to wait until the RP actually starts to explain this, I just figured I should ask before I forget. When do we, the players, start controlling our Touhou character? Do we control them from the beginning and we have to guide them to our OC, do we gain control once we encounter them with our OC, or do we have to forge the bond between them and our OC before we control them? I'm guessing that it's the second option, but I may as well ask.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »
I may or may not join, depending on how busy I'm going to be in these upcoming months.  I'm just posting to let you know I'm interested in this.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 02:33:32 AM »
Alright. Would you like a Reservation along with that?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 01:41:08 PM »
Alright, guys~...

The Elements Of Gensokyo - Act One, will begin on Friday. Hopefully, we will get alittle more people, and by then, our dear friend with Alice Margatroid will join, and my sign-up will be posted as well~. The Sign-ups will still be open for another week or so before being closed for the time being and turned into a discussion thread, however, those who still want to join after the sign-ups close will be put on a Delayed Reservation, until certain events in the RP are activated.

The Roleplay rules shall now be further reminded to all and clarified.

1) You start your first post in the real world, with the second post with your character be written by me as you enter Gensokyo.
2) Before you has established your links to your chosen Touhou(Via the little note with their name on it), I will control them.
3) Chaos can only affect YOUR CHARACTER mentally and spiritually. They will affect YOUR TOUHOU Physically, Mentally, and so on.
4) There are some hidden... "achievements..."

Now, the current characters...

1) Byakuren Hijiri (Youkai Jesus)
2) Alice Margatroid (XinXin)
3) Nazrin (Squawkers)
4) Youmu Konpaku (Orphea.Russ)
5) Kanako Yasaka (GuyYouMetOnline)
6) Unselected (Princess Moebucks~)

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
Hidden 'achievements', you say~? I am most curious now.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Indeed, Hidden achievements of sorts. There will be encounters for all of you, as I'm playing both the GM, and my own character. At the end of the posts where you somehow manage to secure those... achievements, you will be granted one out-of-Rp star for you, which can be used when... Certain things happen. You may also use your stars when Act Two comes about, and the achievements all have their very own uses.

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »
Could I make a reservation? I won't have so much time in the next two weeks, but I'll probably be able to come up with a profile.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 02:38:59 AM »
Of course, young one. You shall be Reserved. Hope you shall join us soon. May the Elements guide you.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 08:31:06 AM »
In other news, my advert-siggy has been done~! How do you guys like it?

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »
Forgive a man's ignorance, but I gotta ask while I'm drunk, because I might forget when I'm sober.
What exactly IS the difference between a 'traditional' RP, and a 'z-adventure', by which I mean the kind of game that Purvis, Draco, or I am currently parsing?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »
Drunk, you say? Alright, then. The secrets of the gateway of 'traditional-RPing' shall be opened to those who seek it's humble knowledge, within with spiraling, endless adventure which is the battle-hungry, adventurous and curious side of our souls. A traditional Roleplay is one much like "Waking Up From The Dream", where people do not give commands like >Retrieve arms from gaps, to the GM which is currently being Yukari. Where people work together to formulate out their own plots, their own characters, their own adventures, with the GM's interference in times of where the Rp may or may not stray off. Well, that... should explain it all~

Just to let you know, humble Sourfang, if you want to know how a traditional RP goes down~, join us. The Elements shall welcome you.

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
Question: does my character have to be in Japan prior to May 9? Or can he be in another country?

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »
They can be anywhere, anytime, doing... anything. It would be amusing to see what people would come up with the... latter.

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
Well, here's my character sheet. If anything needs changing, please tell me.

Name: Vante Alunan

Touhou: Mystia Lorelei

Personality: Vante is a hardworking person who often puts his words very bluntly. He expects things to go his way, and, quite obviously, gets angry when it doesn?t. When given problems, he always thinks of the many ways he can solve them, like how he?s going to spend his free time. He doesn?t like taking up responsibilities, but when he does, he is serious about committing to it, although he sometimes exhibits silliness in his methods.

History: Vante Alunan, the eldest in his family, was always a silent person. Proudly born in a Filipino family, as he would say in his high school years, he didn?t like talking, even to his parents or his siblings. 

He kept to himself during his time in grade school, but began opening up during high school, even if sometimes he offended people with his bluntness. During these times, he was an honor student, even part of the top three in his batch. He hated the pressure that came with it; luckily for him, those days passed by with relative idleness. He didn't do much outside of school. In the four years he spent in college taking up the program of education, he chased his hobbies freely, the arts and sports alike. However, arnis, the only self-defense martial art he actually enjoyed and had experience in, quickly overtook the piano and the word processor. 

Only a fresh graduate, Vante decided to try his luck in living overseas. Japan was the obvious choice; he had fantasized about living there and immersing himself in their literature and the anime culture. That, he did, along with a year's worth of work as an assistant teacher. And perhaps his life was going to go along its way if the event on May 9th never happened.

Prior to that event, he was at home, going through some notes he had taken about katakana.

Others: This mental strength he has was balanced with physical weakness; he had a skinny body and a weak constitution. He often joked about how he was only skin and bones, seeing as his skeletal frame was slightly visible already. The precious eyes he was given was blurred by quite a lot, so now he couldn?t see far without glasses. He couldn?t quite take a hit as well as anyone else, and his strength was mediocre compared to others. No matter how much he tried exercising or even body building, as was his habit for the last four years, he never got any stronger or fatter. He only got used to the feel of the weights.

He always brings along his iPhone wherever he goes, and as time passed, two baston, striking sticks used for arnis, as well. Never missing from his wrist is a watch, and from his eyes, a pair of glasses. His usual wardrobe consisted of a T-shirt (whatever he gets from the closet, really) and jeans, although sometimes he would wear a jacket over the shirt. 

He wears a perpetually blank face, as a result of his being silent for so long. He has short messy black hair, a light brown skin tone, eye color of the same shade, and a height of 5'7".

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
Forgive a man's ignorance, but I gotta ask while I'm drunk, because I might forget when I'm sober.
What exactly IS the difference between a 'traditional' RP, and a 'z-adventure', by which I mean the kind of game that Purvis, Draco, or I am currently parsing?

There's no parser, and no >Stuff happened type of thing. It's like we're bouncing fanfiction off of each other. It'll be easier to see what we mean when it actually starts, but here's at least an idea.

By the way, nice sig YJ.

Edit: Oh, it seems YJ already explained all that. Oh well.

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
YJ, Squakers, thank you.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 01:35:51 AM »
Ooo. New nickname? Yes. I shall be YJ, The Youkai Jebus~. Crow Cakes is accepted. Thats what I imagine professional sign-ups to be like. Like miiine~  Accepted. Updating...

In other news, care to join us, Sourfang?

1) YJ (Byakuren Hijiri)
2) Orphea.Russ (Youmu Konpaku)
3) Squawkers (Nazrin)
4) XinXin (Alice Margatroid)
5) GuyYouMetOnline (Kanako Yasaka)
6) Crow Cakes (Mystia Lorelei)
7) Princess Moebucks~<3 (Unselected)

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »
Short answer: I'm not sure this is the type of game for me. I'm still getting the hang of Z-adventures, and this seems a much larger beast. I was merely curious. (long answer available upon request.)
But thanks for asking.

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 01:02:01 AM »
Ooh...this looks interesting.
--

Name: Gale Halebeck

Touhou: Rin Kaenbyou

Personality: Gale is a man of science and rationality.  He believes everything can be explained without magic or spirits.  Such things are feeble superstitions to him.  He grows frustrated when confronted with something that he can't explain, and will do everything in his power to understand it.  He is methodical in his mannerisms; he doesn't flourish his speech with fancy adjectives or fluffy superlatives.  As a matter of fact, sometimes he finds it easier to simply not speak at all.  That way he won't get frustrated with what he believes makes up most of society: idiots.

History: Gale's childhood was relatively uneventful.  He was born and raised in America, and had been attending a prestigious college there until recently.  He excelled in most of his classes growing up.  Math and science were (and still are) second nature to him, after all, and he could easily memorize facts for history.  Other than gym, English was the only class he ever really struggled in.  His grades were fine, as he understood enough of the technicalities of language to do well on the tests.  While his essays almost never contained a single error, his teachers were always exasperated with the lack of creativity and brevity they saw in them.  He never really befriended anybody; he wasn't cruel to any of his classmates, but he never went out of his way to talk to them, either.  Most of the people that went to school with him considered him a bit of a snob, but since he was always done with his math classwork in enough time to help them, they never objected to his attitude.

Gale's parents always wondered what caused their son to turn out the way he did.  His mother was a musician and his father was an artist.  Their house was a mess, and their lifestyle was anything but structured.  Perhaps they were too busy, at times, to care for their son, and he grew frustrated and rejected them.  His father did go through a period of time in which hardly any of his art sold and he almost had to sell their large house, and he did recall being angry and busy.  Once he thought about it some more, he didn't really remember his son much during that time, either.

Regardless, Gale was easily accepted to one of the nation's top schools of science, and his life continued as it always had.  He was a bit happier, as he had met people with outlooks similar to his, but they didn't ever mingle.  They were too busy with research or studying to do things like socialize.  He accepted an offer to complete his studies in Tokyo at a university known for its technologically advanced facilities.  He quickly began learning the language, irritated, of course, by all of the ways one could say the same thing.  It would be a lot easier, he thought, if they just had one word for each meaning.  The writing system was a bit too flashy for his tastes, but he learned it nevertheless.

Japan didn't change him much, either (at least, so far).  He continued his studies, just as planned, and was doing quite well.  Now becoming content with his knowledge of the universe, he hungers for more knowledge of its secrets.

Others: Gale is very narrow.  He has a narrow face, a thin, tall body (just a bit taller than six feet), and just about anything else that can be considered "narrow."  He has black hair that almost reaches his shoulders and is always a bit messy.  He usually wears a sweatshirt and jeans.  His eyes are gray.  He wears a watch, and the only things of note in his pockets are a pencil and lint.  He's not too strong, and while his body is relatively frail, he does have quite a bit of willpower.  How else do you think he survives in such a stupid world?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:05:25 AM by Sampson »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:24 AM »
Ugh, sorry.  I've had no time to work on this, and I doubt I'll have much more time any soon.  I'll just quietly drop out for the time being.  Sorry about that.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 10:56:36 AM »
Right. First, Sourfang, It's alright. It takes some time to go from text adventures to classic Roleplaying. Next, alright, Moebucks, the elements have Dismissed your reservation...

Orin rin~! After enjoying your meal of Gale Haleback, the Elements have Accepted your offering. Updating list tomorrow.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »
Tomorrow

The Elements shall be released into the World.
Chaos will be unleashed upon the border.
The Beginning on the infection shall begin.
There will be no survivors... unless you stop it.
Will you be the boon of god,
Or the bane of all things living?

The memories of the part echoe throughout, here, It's coming.

------

Name: Katelin Longinus (Nanaya Longinus)
Self-Proclaimed Title: Katelin Elntila SoulReaver

Physical Description: Katelin is about 163 cm tall, and about 60kg or so. She is slim, so much so that people think shes anorexic, but it's just because she has really, really high metabolism, and all that food she eats goes somewhere other then her arms, legs or stomach - her chest. She has a fairy respectable bust size, around D-cup. Katelin has white skin, without any brownish-tints to it, as she doesn't really go out much. The only problem with her almost perfect face is a scar running from her cheek towards her chin.Katelin has long, wavy black hair that's up to about her chest length, that she usually ties into a ponytail so that it looks better. She has a long fringe that she usually swipes to her right, along with two long sideburns too.

Personality: Katelin's personality is like a coin, it has two completely different sides. With one side that mirrors how beautiful she looks, with the other side, more of a librarian-type girl. First of all, the side that mirrors how Katelin looks like. Katelin's more arrogant side is an immature brat of sorts, having a liking to disturb people, show off, and try to be the best in everything, all the while defying rules... if there are any, that is. She's popular, due to the fact that she's beautiful, but that's about it. People don't hang around her because she gives off some weird aura that is commanding and sorts. She can be easily befriended even in this first side of her. Katelin treats different people differently. And differently, I mean really, really differently. She can treat the friends that she has with respect, kindness, and such, but she treats others just like trash. She will backstab, sabotage, and be a complete douche to people she dislikes, but only if people encourage her to do so. She can't bring herself to hate people because of how she really is like. She can never hate, and never really understand what's right from wrong, quite innocent in fact, but this attitude of her shields her off from the world.

Next, with her alone and just someone, she is a shy little girl, who is just, afraid. Afraid of the world, afraid of lonelyness. She doesn't know much at all, and with her godlike imagination and creativity that she got from playing games, reading novels and writing, her own little world is one of complete happiness that is her only comfort zone without real friends. She won't really come close to people when alone, but if coaxed into it, will start to open up, and spread her awesomeness, as she describes it, to everyone around her. Really, there's nothing much to talk about how she really is like. Just a innocent, imaginative girl that's scared. Of everything.

History: Katelin's History is critical to the storyline, and will be revealed in time.

Other: Katelin isn't that physically outstanding, but she knows quite a few moves from pokemon, as in, physical moves, that she can execute out quite tremendiously. She can write stories, poems, draw and play games. Vague, I know... If I elaborate on it... Let's just say that her skills in gameplay and story writing and drawing are too awesome to imagine properly.

--------------

"The World in one, set alight."
"A thousand suns, burning bright."
"To scorch and sear forevermore,"
"To rip and tear till nevermore."

The Elements Of Gensokyo, Act One.

Tomorrow... It will all be revealed...

----------------

1) YJ (Byakuren Hijiri)
2) Orphea.Russ (Youmu Konpaku)
3) Squawkers (Nazrin)
4) XinXin (Alice Margatroid)
5) GuyYouMetOnline (Kanako Yasaka)
6) Crow Cakes (Mystia Lorelei)
7) Sampson ( Orin Rin~!)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:42:39 PM by Youkai Jesus »

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »
Hai!! I'm the phantom Alice Margatroid picker that had never had any previous posts.

Name: Alyssa Crendelheim

Touhou: Alice Margatroid

Physical Description: Alyssa looks much like a mirror image of Alice, just pre-pubescent and thus much shorter. To describe her hair, which is slightly different, she has short, blonde hair that she frames with a hairband, although it is far more elegant than Alice's, having jewellery on it. Her hair reaches down to her chest, although oftentimes it is pulled back behind her back, so it is not far too noticeable. Her eyes are also noticeably

Personality: A young child and caged from the outside, Alyssa has little personality to note of. Shy and naive are one of the set of characteristics a young child usually has, and she is one such child. However, under the cover of quiet, she is mature and intelligent in her mannerisms. As a child of a powerful figure in England, she had been watched under the judgmental eyes of her mother. The training that she underwent was harsh, but from this she can keep herself under absolute control. Her intelligence allowed her to make herself the perfect child in the eyes of those who judge her. When not in the presence of nobles, her mannerisms are much more of the regular child that she much prefers, that she wants to be. She does not talk much, but whenever she does, people marvel at the wisdom that she hides.

History: Born to a famous family in England that has ties to the Royal Family, Alyssa grew up learning manners, manners, manners. Nothing but that. Her father is a strong figure in business, and what with his flying around all over, he rarely ever sees her. Her mother, an overlord over every one of the three daughters, ensures that she is on her absolute best treatment twenty-four hours a day. As a result of this, Alyssa has largely grown up without any human emotional support of any sort, as have her older sisters of 16 and 17. The difference is that her sisters cling to their father for support, as they claim all the attention that he has whenever he is back. However, when it comes to Alyssa, he does not spend much, if any time at all, with her.

Due to this ostracisation from society, Alyssa spends much of her time reading books and playing with dolls. The world recreated by the books and her dolls consists of her entire emotional balance that she had created single-handedly. Needless to say, she was an absolute genius in both IQ and EQ which was the sole reason she did not break down mentally. The occasional guest of a similar age that meets Alyssa does not find much to her. That is because her entire world is build around herself, creating a barrier against everyone around her. Her mother rarely ever finds things to criticise about her manners, and often when she does it is over things so minor that they may as well have been fabricated. Her sisters, riding on this wave, often work together with her to passively battle against their monster mother.

As of her age of 14, Alyssa still undergoes private tuition and has her world within the fictitious worlds she has grown so dear to. A world like Gensyoko? Well, that's just the actualisation of one of the worlds she creates.

Others: Alyssa drags around one doll, a doll she calls Mira, meaning "wonder" in latin. This is her emotional support, in that it acts much like a safety blanket. It does not do much, but it reminds Alyssa of all the adventures she has had, and in those worlds Mira was one of her friends, a living friend.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:00:06 AM by XinXin »
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2011, 12:33:03 AM »
The Elements have taken your humble Offering, and have accepted with great delight. It's sweet. Maybe alittle... Too sweet...
Accepted

It will begin in a few hours.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2011, 12:47:07 AM »
I'm going to be out for a few days next week, but if it's not too late, I think I'd like a reservation after all.  For Parsee?  Do I have to complete my profile in a set time?

Actually, I'm so sorry, but I think I will be too busy to do this after all orz
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:12:25 AM by 日巫子 »

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character