Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!  (Read 282291 times)

Re: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 11:55:58 PM »
vote count please

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »
Ichirin wins, even counting the partial support for Rikako. Writing/drawing up the intro now.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
Rikako: 7. (9 when counting the 2 votes from Patchouli.)
Patchouli: 3. (Two votes to be used on Rikako if Patchy doesn't catch up.)
Satori: 3.
Ichirin w/ Unzan: 10.

Rikako is a vote behind~
[Cut by unseen Edit. DAMN IT! >< ]

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »
Less silly fanboying for favourites and more attention for the underappreciated characters. Also

People that haven't posted in chess in ages don't get a vote.

Agreed

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:24 AM »

You are ICHIRIN KUMOI, THE BIG WHEEL THAT GUARDS AND IS GUARDED. You are one of the oldest and most devout followers of BYAKUREN HIJIRI, and you train as a warrior monk at the MYOUREN TEMPLE with your partner UNZAN.

Despite appearances, you are actually VERY STYLISH. You have a strong interest in fashion and modern music, and designing clothes is one of your hobbies. You have a closet full of dresses you never get a chance to wear, because your STYLE is exceeded only by your PIETY. You are mad pious. You bring the Dharma to the table like Barkley brought the b-ball to the hoop. Nobody here is more devoted to the teachings of the Buddha except for Byakuren herself. If that means you have to set aside your worldly interests (like the TOTALLY AWESOME new spring catalogue) to keep your eyes on the prize, then in your eyes it's well worth it.

Unfortunately, your rigid discipline means you are NOT VERY POPULAR. You have made an effort to show more personality through various outlets, such as coming up with a catchphrase, but these efforts have thus far been in vain.

Oh well, at least Unzan thought it was good. The Buddha appreciates humility, anyway.

Speaking of which, you are also UNZAN. You aren't big on titles, or even talking, for that matter. You are Ichirin's partner and have been for ages. Ichirin has the ability to control you, but she hasn't actually needed to use it since shortly after you first met. You would follow her to the ends of the earth. At least YOU THINK you think that, anyway. It could just be her controlling you and causing you to feel that way, but that doesn't seem like something she would do, but maybe she doesn't realize she's doing it, but YOU KNOW WHAT, WHO CARES. You don't like to dwell on this sort of thing.

You are eternally grateful to BYAKUREN HIJIRI for providing a home for both you and Ichirin, and you figure some GOOD OLD-FASHIONED BUDDHISM is just what these damn rebellious youkai kids need nowadays. Darn kids, running around with their spellcards and thinking they have all the answers to everything. They need some DISCIPLINE, and you are bringing discipline to the table like Mike Tyson brought the knockouts to the ring. As an active member of the MYOUREN TEMPLE, you provide the muscle for this outfit.

Today is a special day! YUUGI HOSHIGUMA of the oni has sent out mass invitations to a GIGANTIC PARTY IN FORMER HELL as a gesture of FRIENDSHIP between the youkai of the surface and the underground, partially to ease tensions after RECENT EVENTS (of which you were a part). Although it doesn't feel like it's been all that long since you and your comrades were trapped down there, you are still TOTALLY PSYCHED for this SWEET SHINDIG. This is just the excuse you need to get out there and socialize. Apparently, even the pop idol Yamame Kurodani will be performing, and you love a good concert.

It is early morning in the MYOUREN TEMPLE. Byakuren has said everyone can leave for the party as soon as all the daily chores are done, so everyone is up early and hard at work. (Except Nazrin, you haven't seen her all day.) You just finished hanging the laundry and you're looking for something else to do.

> _

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 02:03:42 AM »
>Retrieve arms from cloud!

>What's that echo doing over there?
>Pester Greet the 'potentially loud' youkai.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 04:16:52 AM »
> Consider what chores we usually do.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 04:32:06 AM »
> Ichirin: Retrieve arms from cloud.

You have arms and he doesn't. If anything, he should be retrieving arms from you.

> Ichirin: Examine Kyouko.

This is KYOUKO KASODANI, a recent but enthusiastic addition to the Myouren Temple's ranks. This girl has quite a mouth on her. You can hear her from a mile away and she can recite sutras like nobody's business. She was quickly given a position as temple greeter, but she pitches in with the cooking and cleaning as well. She appears to be hard at work sweeping the temple grounds, probably hoping to get finished quickly so she can go to the party.

> Ichirin: Greet Kyouko.

You already saw her this morning, but she gives her usual hearty "GOOD MORNING" all the same. You think she just likes doing that.

> Ichirin: Go over mental chore checklist.

You are normally in charge of laundry because you are the only one who pays proper attention to separating loads correctly. You don't even want to get into how many of Shou's furs have been wrecked because somebody couldn't read "DRY CLEAN ONLY". While this is normally a time-consuming task, you were already caught up on it in anticipation of being ready for today, so you were done ahead of everyone else.

Unzan is pretty good at the whole "beating dirt out of rugs" thing but you're not sure how thorough Byakuren is expecting you to be, here.

> _

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 05:07:18 AM »
>Inventory

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:03 AM »
> Check self for stylish clothing for the party

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
"OHIO!"
YES!

>Have the dusted mats been put back?

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »
> Wonder what is up with all the sports metaphors.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
Apparently, even the pop idol Yamame Kurodani will be performing, and you love a good concert.

... OK, interesting choice :V

> Mental note of visitors so far today, and anyone who usually visits

> Where might Nazrin have gone?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »
Yamame being a pop idol is actually not uncommon in fan works.

> When Kyouko is no longer looking, check chest for usual growths.

> Are all commands to be entered from Ichirin's perspective, or is there a way to differentiate between her and Unzan?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:37:04 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
Use purple for Ichirin if you want to differentiate, I guess.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 06:33:07 PM »
> Unzan: Resist urge to laugh at Kyouko's :D

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
Naturally Unzan's words are in pink.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »
I had considered purple and pink, yes, but I wanted to check first.

> Make a mental note to eat Nazrin for not liking out totally awesome catchphrase.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:31:13 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »
Just use "Ichirin:" or "Unzan:" if you want to specify who a command is for. If you don't, I'll assume it's for Ichirin.

> Ichirin: Check inventory.

- 1 x Golden Ring
- 5 x Spellcard

The Golden Ring is a weapon you use to help direct Unzan in battle by pointing its energy at certain targets; it does so by conducting electricity in the air, which a cloud like Unzan is sensitive to. The ring is also solid enough to be used for striking an enemy directly, so you use it as your primary melee weapon as well. Wielding it makes you somewhat weak to electric attacks, though. Don't tell anyone!!

The spellcards are your usual set: Unarguable Youkai Punch, Heavenly Net Sandbag, Fist Smash, A Scolding From a Traditional Old Man, and you've also started carrying Nyuudou Nyoki as a trump card.

You are currently not carrying any actual supplies. You'll have a chance to stock up when you return to your room to change for the party.

Oh, there is one more thing.

You reach into your hood and pull out your BACKUP CANDY, two GRAPE JOLLY RANCHERS. Only a fool would leave the house without their BACKUP CANDY.

> Ichirin: Check clothes.

You are currently wearing your usual monk getup. You wouldn't want to do chores in your party dress, would you? Besides, you haven't actually decided what you're going to wear yet. You're itching to dive into your warddrobe to pick something out!

> Ichirin: Consider the mats again.

You guess they could use a good dust-busting, but that's something you'd rather not get into today because there are a lot of mats in the temple and you'd be busy with it for quite a while. Byakuren just wants the daily chores done, so you file it away as something to do later.

> Ichirin: Wonder about the sports metaphors.

Unzan reminds you that those are similes, not metaphors. You're just curious who Charles Barkley is.

> Ichirin: Think about visitors to the temple.

You wonder if anyone will even show up today. This party's a pretty big deal! You guess you might still get a few human patrons; Byakuren wants the temple to be presentable, just in case. Minamitsu doesn't want to go with the rest of you for some reason, so she'll be staying behind to take care of anyone that drops by.

The Myouren Temple gets a wide range of visitors, both human and youkai. To name some names:
- AKYU NO HIEDA has been by a few times to gather information about both the temple and the youkai living here.
- KEINE KAMISHIRASAWA comes by frequently to make sure the temple is safe for humans, as she is concerned about it being so close to the human village. Apparently, she is aware of the UNFORTUNATE MISHAPS that occured last time Byakuren tried this. Although that was a disaster, she seems pretty distrustful for being half-youkai herself!
- MARISA KIRISAME drops by occasionally, usually to harass Byakuren about something magic-related.
- KOGASA TATARA hunts this area for easy scares since humans pass by frequently. You try to shoo her away whenever you see her.
- SUWAKO MORIYA and SANAE KOCHIYA visit every once in a while. Suwako seems to have become friends with Byakuren pretty quickly. You're confused as to why Suwako is supporting a rival temple, and Sanae seems to be too. If anything you've heard about the frog god is true, then shenanigans are surely afoot.
- THOSE PESKY TAOISTS pop up from time to time, usually to pull minor stunts like defacing the temple or stealing statues. They don't have enough manpower to do any real damage, though.

> Ichirin: Wonder where Nazrin is.

You have no idea! She's pretty secretive. You all woke up pretty early, so she must have deliberately slipped out before anyone else was awake. Even though you've been her friend for a long time, you feel like you don't really know her that well. You just hope she's not planning to skip out on the party. She doesn't like crowds.

> Ichirin: Check chest for usual growths.

They're alright. Could be better, could be worse.

> Unzan: Resist urge to laugh at Kyouko.

This is an easy task because you never laugh. When somebody tells a good joke you simply nod approvingly.

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 01:35:46 AM »
> Make a mental note to eat Nazrin for not liking our totally awesome catchphrase.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 01:48:43 AM »
> Head for our room and the wardrobe.  Best to pick something out before hand to prevent last-minute panicking.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:26 AM »
>Juggle some danmaku!

[What? If we're going to *honk* for stuff, we must do this!]

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »
> Ichirin: Contemplate catchphrase incident.

You can't hold it against Nazrin. Her brutal honesty is something you all count on. If it wasn't for her, Byakuren would still be doing the cooking.

> Ichirin: Return to room.

Well, you DID keep on top of your chores specifically for this purpose and finish ahead of time. Maybe you've earned a head start. It's not like you can find anything else to help out with, anyway. You'd help Kyouko finish sweeping, but the other broom (and a wall) was destroyed when Minamitsu used it to swat a fly last week.

You turn back towards the living quarters, when SUDDENLY!

OH HELL NO. You see a small group of fairies fly over the wall and towards the temple. The last thing you need right now is to have the cleaning held up by a bunch of fairy pranks.

You go after them with EXTREME PREJUDICE TOLERANCE.

> SET SPELL CARD!!

[ BGM ]

Kyouko wants in on the excitement and joins in too.

It is your turn! You look over your COMMAND LIST and contemplate exactly what manner of EXTREME OVERKILL you should employ. Or you can do something not on the list, whatever. It's Gensokyo, you play it fast and loose here.

> _

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:22 AM »
>Are we quite good at punching and pulverizing without Unzan's help? If we think we are good enough to pulverize A fairy, then go for the first hit!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 05:10:10 AM »
> Prayer, whatshisname style, that regenerating priest guy from Hellsing.

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 06:34:43 AM »
>ENOUGH THINKING START PUNCHING THEM IN THE FACE

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 06:38:40 AM »
Path, Noble Eightfold!

We shall make Byakuren proud by beating some learnings into these faeries!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:19 AM »
> Laser/spiralling bullet based nonspell. Take your pick of which one.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
Path, Noble Eightfold!

> Seconded. Whatever it does.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
Path, Noble Eightfold!
> Thirded if not just to see what happens.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.