Author Topic: Grazed points  (Read 2044 times)

Grazed points
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:17 AM »
Ummm...i don't use forums such as this often. So I might not be posting this in a good place.
Well. I'm wondering if anyone can list the Touhou shooter games where grazing adds points to your school.
For example:
Touhou 6 does, Touhou 11 doesn't. I know that not all of them do that.
So I'd like a list of which ones do.

http://i.imgur.com/fi8nK4k.png This verification will repel bakas, won't it?

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Grazed points
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »
Grazing adds direct points in Touhou 4 to 8. (It also adds to the value of canceled bullets in 6 onwards-- significantly in EoSD, and slightly in PCB and IN.)

In the main games from Touhou 11 onward (it does nothing in MoF) it instead adds to point item value.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:45:30 PM by Karisa »

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 09:56:17 PM »
Grazing factors into almost every Touhou score system, some more than others, but it's almost always a very important part of scoring. It's also much more complex than just graze = points. Touhou Wiki has good information on how the score systems work. SoEW and MoF do not have grazing.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 02:05:34 AM »
SoEW and MoF do not have grazing.
Also, I don't think there are any benefits to grazing in PoDD or PoFV.
Oh, and in Shoot the Bullet, I think the "Risk Shot!" bonus for taking a picture while grazing bullets is bugged...

In this screenshot that I took long ago, I was a tad late and Reisen's bullets phased out just before I snapped the photo here, and as a result, I got no bullet points. However, it says that I got 1200 for "Risk Shot!", and yet the photo was still worth a bit fat "00". Is the "Risk Shot!" value supposed to be added directly to the photo score (either before or after the score multipliers for the other bonuses)?

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
@Reply 1
Thanks.
@Reply 2
Thanks. Also, do you happen to know which games give you lives when you reach certain numbers of points?
@Reply 3
Nope. It's not bugged. You're just insane because you're fighting Reisen.
Loljk.
I wish Shoot the bullet explained more about those kind of score multipliers and add-ons.

I'm happy Double Spoiler did.

But I'm not good at either of those games really. -w-"

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »
Thanks. Also, do you happen to know which games give you lives when you reach certain numbers of points?
It's all on the wiki, but for your convenience...
point items: MS, PCB, IN
life pieces: SA and everything since except GFW, which uses the motivation system
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:57:48 PM by Cream Soda »

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »
Lol, I'm sorry. I'm lazy..and desperate for posts.