Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 100586 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Fewer duplicates in loot chests.  More credits, although I'm not sure whether this is from duplicates or credit piles or both.  All hail Jeff!
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
A fist of doom has arrived to the PTR.

Origin short

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
I'm liking Doomfist's kit. I'd hope his ult gives some indication to the enemy team as to where it's hitting, but I kind of doubt it. Guaranteed to make a ton of noise either way, though, so coordinating escape routes will be critical. Sombra, Mei, and Pharah appear to be early firm counters to his kit (Sombra can hack away his ability-heavy moveset and can shred his shields with EMP; Mei can simply freeze and/or wall him off to make him waste his abilities; Doomfist is mostly melee-range, so Pharah is out of his effective sphere.); and if you can see him coming, he's probably a reasonable kill even for someone like Zenyatta - but he has to burn that Rocket Punch first.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
I'm liking Doomfist's kit. I'd hope his ult gives some indication to the enemy team as to where it's hitting, but I kind of doubt it. Guaranteed to make a ton of noise either way, though, so coordinating escape routes will be critical.
They will see a big red area where he's aiming/landing.
Sombra, Mei, and Pharah appear to be early firm counters to his kit (Sombra can hack away his ability-heavy moveset and can shred his shields with EMP; Mei can simply freeze and/or wall him off to make him waste his abilities; Doomfist is mostly melee-range, so Pharah is out of his effective sphere.); and if you can see him coming, he's probably a reasonable kill even for someone like Android Krillin - but he has to burn that Rocket Punch first.
I think the counters to Doomfist are Pharah (DF's kit is mostly ground based) and all of the Tanks except for Orisa (High HP and short range fighters as well).

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Wait, how is Orisa :not: a counter? Everything she does disrupts what he does.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Ionasal kkll Solciel

TIME TO FIST PEOPLE

Doomfist's up in public.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Summer Games 2017 confirmed.

expected changelog:
new skins, including at least one Junkrat and one Mercy skin Jeff really loves
Summer Games lootboxes return; lootbox system updated to current (aka less dupes)
Summer Games 2016 skins will be available at regular skin prices (1k for Legendary, for example)
Lucioball returns! Now includes competitive Lucioball!
Lucio can no longer boop enemies in LB, only the ball
Lucio's ult in LB changed to speed boost, jump boost, cooldown boost
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:03:50 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Summer Games 2016 skins will be available at regular skin prices (1k for Legendary, for example)

time to buy that Zarya skin I've been wanting
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Some new PTR news. This is of course not final.

New France map.

TDM and regular DM are slated to appear in the Arcade.

Roadhog now is able to move using Take a Breather; he also gets 50% incoming damage reduction during it.

Junkrat now has two charges for his Concussion Mines; allowing him to triple-jump, or double and use the third to hit enemies with. His RIP-Tire also gets increased speed and infinite wallclimb, so expect death from above more often.

Widowmaker's Widow Mine now marks affected targets for herself, a la Infra-Sight or Sonar Arrows. Her Grappling Hook cools down 33% faster, to 8 seconds.

Orisa now fires 20% faster. Protective Barrier is now even larger, covering a wider area and providing some protection below the activation point.

Time to see even more Junkrats in QP now... and the dev team hopes they'll see more Roadhogs out in Comp. I'm certainly going to hate that damage cut if it goes public. Widow's new mine shenanigans will likely make her more useful in cramped surroundings like the last point on Route 66; easier to get snipes if you can actually scout them coming, after all. Orisa's new barrier makes her slightly more effective on the high ground, especially if she deploys her shield on corners and such.

Move eternally forward,

Tea Devil

• wowee!! ♥
Junkrat now has two charges for his Concussion Mines; allowing him to triple-jump, or double and use the third to hit enemies with. His RIP-Tire also gets increased speed and infinite wallclimb, so expect death from above more often.

Hey, maybe I can actually play and not get yelled at during the comp off-season. Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Um. Holy fuck.

Jeff's giving us some new info.

Mercy rez is going to be a normal ability (now single-target), and a brand-new ult for full flight, plus better capabilities on all of her abilities. Chain healz/buffs, holy fux.

Also Mei animated short.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
Mei's eyes are just a bit uncanny. I think making her 20% more of a cartoon character than the rest of the cast was a weird choice...

That said, if you didn't want to hug Mei before then odds are you want to hug Mei now.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

On the one hand, I'm glad that Mercy is viable in TDM, on the other, it's basically just Offense heroes on RDM.

EDIT: okay, wow, Torb is actually pretty good, if you can get the rivets down. Turrets are a bitch to take down for many heroes, and not many of them are common picks in RDM.

EDIT EDIT: FUCK THESE GENJIS.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:58:20 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2017, 07:50:35 AM »
Picked this up again and I was having fun, and now all of a sudden it feels like I'm always in matches with VERY new players (<rank 30) against teams of ranks 200+. Fucking unfair.

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!
« Reply #464 on: September 03, 2017, 02:33:33 PM »
Yup, that's why I quit playing. It was happening with such shocking consistency that it was making the game unplayable. Out of curiosity are you playing on a console?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #465 on: September 03, 2017, 03:05:12 PM »
Nope, PC.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #466 on: September 19, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »
Mercy 2.0 and D.Va 1.5 (and Junkertown) comes out tomorrow.

I managed to snag Huge Rez before it gets changed.  So I'm happy.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Junkenstein's Revengance!

There's a new 12-wave into endless survival mode with wider hero choice, new enemy hero (Symmetra as the Summoner - plops a Shield Generator at the start of her phase and goes for the microwave gun), and new skins, including the Summoner (well, Dragon), a new Reaper skin (Dracula), Van Helsing for McCree, and a Cthulhu-esque skin for Android Krillin, among others.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:34:56 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
That Mei outfit is fuckin' perfect.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
That Mei outfit is fuckin' perfect.
Check out her new emote too.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
New Support Hero Incoming: Moira, a Talon geneticist formerly of Overwatch/Blackwatch

Intro: https://youtu.be/8tLopqeL9s8
Origin: https://youtu.be/6ETybQd4uRE

Also, a new Overwatch short, Honor and Glory: https://youtu.be/sQfk5HykiEk

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
She looks pretty dang cool, and her playstyle seems interesting. And seeing all these shorts, I wonder why they haven't made a spinoff game based on these and the comic. The main game has no story campaign, but it'd be nice to be able to play through overwatch's universe, not just watch/read stuff about it :v

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Coming in early 2018; Blizzard World (Hybrid)

New skins coming to the regular pool: https://youtu.be/w5cKiXvRpMs
(SC2) Immortal Orisa
(WoW) Magni Bronzebeard Torbjorn
(SC2) Nova Widowmaker
(WoW) Blackhand Doomfist
(D3) Barbarian Zarya
(D3) Butcher Roadhog
(Honor and Glory) Crusader Reinhardt
(Rise and Shine) Ecopoint Mei

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Winter is coming. Again.

-New Legendary skins, including ones for Junkrat and Roadhog
-Black Forest (Winter)
-Mei's Snowball Offensive returns, including in the Black Forest
-New 5v1 Evolve-like asymmetrical mode - 5 Meis vs a Winston. Presumably in Primal Rage, he gets resistance to getting his ass frozen, and presumably he can't be stunlocked quite so easily.

Move eternally forward,