Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 229346 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #480 on: June 21, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "Did she now? That is unfortunate. I was hoping either of us would have an idea what all that equipment and reading materials were for."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "Did she now? That is unfortunate. I was hoping either of us would have an idea what all that equipment and reading materials were for."

>Keine shrugs, standing up now. "I guess she's up to something? She does that."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #482 on: June 21, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
> "Shall we see what exactly that is?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #483 on: June 21, 2018, 10:31:55 PM »
> "Shall we see what exactly that is?"

>"I don't think it would be a good idea to just bother her if she's doing something," says Keine.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2018, 10:39:03 PM »
> Frown.
> Look around to double-check that no one else is around.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #485 on: June 21, 2018, 10:40:57 PM »
> Frown.
> Look around to double-check that no one else is around.

>You glance around. Unless Koa is lurking behind one of the shelves, you don't think anyone else is around.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #486 on: June 21, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »
> Look back to Keine.
> Take on a very quiet tone.
> "All right, here's the deal. Whatever Lady Patchouli is doing over there, it is going to explode in a few minutes. We need to get you out of here before that, if not stop her outright."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #487 on: June 21, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
> Look back to Keine.
> Take on a very quiet tone.
> "All right, here's the deal. Whatever Lady Patchouli is doing over there, it is going to explode in a few minutes. We need to get you out of here before that, if not stop her outright."

>She frowns. "Really? Then we need to stop her!" She says, her voice low.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
> "Indeed. But the kicker is that we cannot tell her we know it is going to explode. It would risk altering the timeline too drastically."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2018, 11:16:57 PM »
> "Indeed. But the kicker is that we cannot tell her we know it is going to explode. It would risk altering the timeline too drastically."

>"I don't see why not," says Keine. "As long as it's stopped."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:52 PM »
I like how we've gone from "Let's hand out messages to the past from all our friends and make a treaty of goodwill between two future factions" to "We can't tell Patchouli her experiment will blow up, even though we're trying to prevent that from happening". Kind of mirroring Keine's response here.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #491 on: June 22, 2018, 12:42:48 AM »
> Look irritated but thoughtful for a few moments.
> "...Very well. But you will need to pass an apology down to your successor in one thousand years for making this harder on her than it had to be."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #492 on: June 22, 2018, 01:00:56 AM »
> Look irritated but thoughtful for a few moments.
> "...Very well. But you will need to pass an apology down to your successor in one thousand years for making this harder on her than it had to be."

>"...I think I've lost track of what we were talking about some time ago," says Keine.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #493 on: June 22, 2018, 01:03:16 AM »
> "I will explain later. Let us go stop her before it is too late."
> Head back to where Patchouli is.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2018, 01:08:54 AM »
> "I will explain later. Let us go stop her before it is too late."
> Head back to where Patchouli is.

>You make your way back to the center of the library, where Patchouli is still going over a scroll. She still has not acknowledged your presence.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2018, 01:37:26 AM »
> "Lady Patchouli?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #496 on: June 22, 2018, 02:36:57 AM »
> "Lady Patchouli?"

>She looks up. "Oh, you were there," she says.
>It is odd seeing Patchouli looking so calm, when not so long ago you saw her out of her mind.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #497 on: June 22, 2018, 02:37:38 AM »
> "Yes. May I ask what experiment you are performing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #498 on: June 22, 2018, 02:56:32 AM »
> "Yes. May I ask what experiment you are performing?"

>"It would take me all day to even try to explain it to you," Patchouli says. "But to put it in more practical terms, I'm trying to make solid water in a less wasteful way than is usually suggested. Not ice, before you get smart like Petite."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2018, 03:18:23 AM »
>"Oh, very unusual."
>Take on a thoughtful expression. "How likely do you think it is for this to blow up the library within the next few minutes?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2018, 04:04:22 AM »
>"Oh, very unusual."
>Take on a thoughtful expression. "How likely do you think it is for this to blow up the library within the next few minutes?"

>"Not at all," says Patchouli. "I can't imagine a way it would happen outside of the deepest absurdities."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #501 on: June 22, 2018, 04:14:27 AM »
>"Well, to be blunt... one way or another, something is about to set the library on fire. I'd hoped it was from this experiment, and preventable, but if that's uncertain, we should make an immediate evacuation. It should be occurring any minute now, so there's no time to explain."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2018, 04:16:21 AM »
>"Well, to be blunt... one way or another, something is about to set the library on fire. I'd hoped it was from this experiment, and preventable, but if that's uncertain, we should make an immediate evacuation. It should be occurring any minute now, so there's no time to explain."

>Patchouli gives you a flat look. "What."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #503 on: June 22, 2018, 04:25:44 AM »
>"I'd be happy to make a bet on the matter of whether or not your experiment will detonate, if you'd like me to place my money where my mouth is." Grin. "But morally questionable gambling aside, I must evacuate Keine immediately. How embarrassing it'd be if I only led her here to get blown up mid-conversation."
>Nod at Keine. "We have to go... now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #504 on: June 22, 2018, 05:09:31 AM »
>"I'd be happy to make a bet on the matter of whether or not your experiment will detonate, if you'd like me to place my money where my mouth is." Grin. "But morally questionable gambling aside, I must evacuate Keine immediately. How embarrassing it'd be if I only led her here to get blown up mid-conversation."
>Nod at Keine. "We have to go... now."

>"You're serious," Patchouli says.
>Kein looks back to you. "Are you certain?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #505 on: June 22, 2018, 05:22:22 AM »
>"Dead serious. And there may be very little time left. I'll explain when we're out of the library."
>Turn and begin to walk out of the library- and look back to ensure Keine is coming with us. Patchouli, well, hopefully she chooses to join us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #506 on: June 22, 2018, 05:34:03 AM »
>"Dead serious. And there may be very little time left. I'll explain when we're out of the library."
>Turn and begin to walk out of the library- and look back to ensure Keine is coming with us. Patchouli, well, hopefully she chooses to join us.

>You turn to leave and make your way toward the door. Keine follows you.
>After a moment, you hear Patchouli's chair scoot. "Petite!" she shouts. "We're leaving now!"
>"Say what?!" comes the devil's voice from somewhere to the south east.
>"We're leaving. Now."
>You proceed out of the library, Patchouli and Keine following behind you. You return to the main hall, Koakuma following you out a moment later.
>"Where're we going?" the devil says.
>"Here, unless Sakuya has some other idea," Patchouli says.

>_

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2018, 05:53:11 AM »
>"I think this is fine. Unless your experiment won't detonate unattended, the accident should happen any moment now... this time, with no one around to get hurt."
>Presuming we aren't suddenly interrupted by an explosion; "I know this will sound strange, but everything I am about to say is true. Originally, the library exploded with both of you inside; Patchouli recovered, but Keine was..." Grimace. "She was never quite the same. The moment a bookcase fell on Keine during the explosion, I was pulled a thousand years into the future. From my perspective, I've been there for days. It's quite a long story, but with this, the crisis should be averted."

It's worth noting that... once we have a minute, we have some questions for Keine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2018, 06:40:54 AM »
>"I think this is fine. Unless your experiment won't detonate unattended, the accident should happen any moment now... this time, with no one around to get hurt."
>Presuming we aren't suddenly interrupted by an explosion; "I know this will sound strange, but everything I am about to say is true. Originally, the library exploded with both of you inside; Patchouli recovered, but Keine was..." Grimace. "She was never quite the same. The moment a bookcase fell on Keine during the explosion, I was pulled a thousand years into the future. From my perspective, I've been there for days. It's quite a long story, but with this, the crisis should be averted."

>"...I have no idea what you're going on about," Patchouli says. "Have you been working too hard?"
>Keine doesn't say anything, but she does grimace a little.
>"Oh, I could help you relax!" Koakuma says. "I'm sure Patchy wouldn't mind~"
>"You're busy," says Patchouli.
>"It can wait, surely?"
>"No."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2018, 06:49:02 AM »
>Look towards Koakuma. "I had to turn down enough offers of that from you and your entourage in the future, as it is." Chuckle.
>Look towards Patchouli. "I have a scroll your future self wrote that you can see later, if that will convince you." Grin.  "Just don't go in the library for awhile. If it doesn't explode soon, I presume it happens directly from you messing with your experiment, in which case I'd recommend either ceasing, or continuing somewhere outside."
>Look towards Keine. "Can we talk elsewhere for a moment? And, my apologies for the grim statement. Crisis averted... it's just been a rough few days. Saving history itself is no walk in the park, even if it did involve lots of walking."