~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade
Pokemon Sword and Shield
<< < (9/10) > >>
commandercool:
It's literally impossible to have a complete collection then, right? That's so heinous that I can't imagine it doesn't get fixed somehow. Cynically this could be a ploy to release a "complete" version later with everything included so everyone can be charged a second time, and generously it's a wildly optimistic decision by Nintendo. I can't really envision things working like this, some kind of fix seems inevitable one way or another.
Fulisha of Light:

--- Quote from: commandercool on June 12, 2019, 07:11:28 PM ---It's literally impossible to have a complete collection then, right? That's so heinous that I can't imagine it doesn't get fixed somehow. Cynically this could be a ploy to release a "complete" version later with everything included so everyone can be charged a second time, and generously it's a wildly optimistic decision by Nintendo. I can't really envision things working like this, some kind of fix seems inevitable one way or another.

--- End quote ---
We can only hope there's enough of a backlash to make them reconsider. There's outrage on 4chan, Reddit, 2ch, Twitter, Youtube, etc.

But since we have someone like Masuda calling the shots: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/pokemon-sword-and-shield-interview

I just don't understand why this man is never questioned/challenged on his bullshit and mindset.
hyorinryu:
I don't get why the DS games were able to accomodate all pokemon but the switch games can't. At first I thought this was going to be like Alola where the pokebank wasn't available immediately, but I guess not. I'm not sure I hate the change so much that I would cancel my preorder though.
Mеа:
There's been a new trailer for a new game, Pokemon Masters? I love the idea for the game, it's going to be so great to be able to interact with old characters again. There was a short clip of Brock near the end in his classic Gen 1 pose, shirtless and all. That is magical. Fan service, love it.
Fulisha of Light:
If you haven't heard the news, Masuda has acknowledged the backlash via a statement; rather than do anything about it he's doubling down on his decision:

--- Quote ---Thank you to all of our fans for caring so deeply about Pok?mon. Recently, I shared the news that some Pok?mon cannot be transferred to Pok?mon Sword and Pok?mon Shield. I've read all your comments and appreciate your love and passion for Pok?mon.
Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pok?mon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pok?mon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pok?mon is not available in Pok?mon Sword and Pok?mon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.
The world of Pok?mon continues to evolve. The Galar region offers new Pok?mon to encounter, Trainers to battle, and adventures to embark on. We are pouring our hearts into these games, and we hope you will look forward to joining us on this new journey.
--- End quote ---
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version