Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220734 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #450 on: October 22, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
> "I wonder if Caster's nearby, then...okay, come back. Let's get going before another one shows up."

>"On my way," says Archer. "I don't think this is the work of a caster? It feels more like magecraft to me."
>A couple minutes later, Archer emerges from the bathroom as if nothing happened and makes her way toward the car, hopping in and slamming the door. "I'm ready," she says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #451 on: October 22, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »
> Nod and hit the road.
> "Well, even with that drone gone, whoever made it knows we're on this highway, and I'm not sure how much I can alter our route without adding a lot of time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #452 on: October 22, 2017, 11:06:14 PM »
> Nod and hit the road.
> "Well, even with that drone gone, whoever made it knows we're on this highway, and I'm not sure how much I can alter our route without adding a lot of time."

>Archer nods.
>After a few minutes, she puts down the window and looks out through it. "Another one," she says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »
> Groan.
> "I wish there was less traffic on the road so we could just pull over and shoot them down each time they show up, because I doubt they can make them as fast as we can break them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #454 on: October 23, 2017, 12:43:54 AM »
> Groan.
> "I wish there was less traffic on the road so we could just pull over and shoot them down each time they show up, because I doubt they can make them as fast as we can break them."

>"Maybe it would be better to deal with them at the source?" says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #455 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:44 AM »
> "I wonder if that's possible. There's a lot of places to hide out here."
> "Did you see what direction it came from?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #456 on: October 23, 2017, 02:22:16 AM »
> "I wonder if that's possible. There's a lot of places to hide out here."
> "Did you see what direction it came from?"

>"There are, and it came from behind," says Archer. "But...hm. Here's the question; we know the metal hawks are following us, but what is the person controlling them doing? Are they just sitting there? Are they following us?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2017, 04:45:24 AM »
> "If it came from behind and had to catch up to us, I think that means they aren't just scattered around the highway. It was launched specifically to trail us. And since it caught up so quickly after we destroyed the first one, it had to be nearby."
> "I'm willing to bet they're following us, on the road, even. Maybe ten minutes behind us?"
> "Let's see...if we turn around, the hawk will tip them off that we're coming...if we're just checking oncoming traffic, we also don't know who or what we're looking for."
> "No, wait. You would know a servant as soon as you saw one, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #458 on: October 23, 2017, 04:47:55 AM »
> "If it came from behind and had to catch up to us, I think that means they aren't just scattered around the highway. It was launched specifically to trail us. And since it caught up so quickly after we destroyed the first one, it had to be nearby."
> "I'm willing to bet they're following us, on the road, even. Maybe ten minutes behind us?"
> "Let's see...if we turn around, the hawk will tip them off that we're coming...if we're just checking oncoming traffic, we also don't know who or what we're looking for."
> "No, wait. You would know a servant as soon as you saw one, right?"

>"Usually," says Archer. "Some can conceal it. And they may be intangible, but I should be able to feel something if they're reasonably close by."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #459 on: October 23, 2017, 04:59:58 AM »
> "That'll do. Okay, let's think..."
> "I think what we need to do is destroy that drone, then hide the car...somehow...so that the next one flies past us. If they are on the road, they'll pass us shortly after, before they have time to realize something's wrong and have the drone double back. Then we can be the ones tailing them."
> "How would we hide, though?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2017, 05:09:38 AM »
> "That'll do. Okay, let's think..."
> "I think what we need to do is destroy that drone, then hide the car...somehow...so that the next one flies past us. If they are on the road, they'll pass us shortly after, before they have time to realize something's wrong and have the drone double back. Then we can be the ones tailing them."
> "How would we hide, though?"

>"If we can find some road without any railings, you could probably just drive off and into the trees," says Archer, ignoring what a state forest is and how illegal that would be. Though perhaps legality is a suggestion in these kinds of cases. "Maybe there's another road somewhere?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #461 on: October 23, 2017, 05:18:26 AM »
> "Nngh...I'd check my map, but I can't use my phone and drive at the same time..."
> "OH! We don't need to plan one in advance. We can just keep an eye out for a hiding spot or side road, and when we drive past it, we can shoot down the drone, turn around, and get in there before they catch up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »
> "Nngh...I'd check my map, but I can't use my phone and drive at the same time..."
> "OH! We don't need to plan one in advance. We can just keep an eye out for a hiding spot or side road, and when we drive past it, we can shoot down the drone, turn around, and get in there before they catch up."

>Turning around will be difficult, the highway is divided. But you could certainly spot something like that ahead of time.
>Archer just nods. "I'll keep an eye out for something."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2017, 02:36:24 AM »
>Turning around will be difficult, the highway is divided.

Oh. That kind of screws my idea since the point is to drive past the hiding spot so the drone won't know we backed up and went in there.

I'll have to think this one over.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2017, 04:52:24 AM »
>Time passes, as you try to find some kind of way to deal with this, but nothing seems to come to you. Archer keeps an eye out the window, periodically confirming that the hawk drone is still there.  The traffic is kind of heavy, but flowing smoothly. Forest-covered mountains rise around you, providing a beautiful vista unlike any you've seen at home. Were you not trying to to come up with something, nervous that some kind of awful thing will happen when you least expect it, it would be a pleasant drive.
>"Master," Archer says, "I can see something moving through the trees, alongside the hideway!"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2017, 05:52:45 AM »
> "Whaaat?? Did they already catch up to us? They must not be in a car after all!"
> "Try to make out what it is!"
> Any side roads in sight?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2017, 05:59:46 AM »
> "Whaaat?? Did they already catch up to us? They must not be in a car after all!"
> "Try to make out what it is!"
> Any side roads in sight?

>"Yeah, it's something out in the trees!" says Archer. "Um...it's small, but it's fast! I think it's not quite as fast as us? It's hard to really see what it is."
>There aren't any side roads, but you think there's a service road leading into the woods ahead. It's hard to say, the highway is curving around the mountain up ahead."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2017, 06:08:27 AM »
> "I'm gonna pull off the road next chance I get. The hawk is one thing but this is making me nervous."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2017, 06:34:41 AM »
> "I'm gonna pull off the road next chance I get. The hawk is one thing but this is making me nervous."

>"Alright, then what's the next step?" says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2017, 07:27:36 AM »
> "You shoot everything that's following us."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »
> "You shoot everything that's following us."

>"I can do that," says Archer.
>That service road is coming up ahead; you should be able to turn off onto it. This will put you into the forest on the mountain to your right; it's impossible to say where or how far that road goes, or really what condition it is in.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2017, 08:23:14 AM »
> We just want to go far enough in to be sure that traffic won't see us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2017, 05:41:26 PM »
> We just want to go far enough in to be sure that traffic won't see us.

>You approach the roach and turn off. Immediately you kind of regret it, your poor Civic just isn't made for dirt roads. But you manage, and barely have to travel more than a handful of yards before you can barely see the highway.
>"I should be able to hide here very nicely," says Archer, "But, that's kind of double edged. If you're the only target, they might just drop everything on you so they can move on. I can punish them for it, sure, but if it's too late for you, what's the point? I'll go with your ideas for this."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »
> "Maybe you could win the Grail War for me and wish me back to life."
> "No, uh..." Look around and think for a moment.
> Do we know anything at all about magic clockwork creatures or whatever, as a field of magecraft? i.e. Will getting a close look at one after Archer shoots it down tell us anything useful about the culprit?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: November 05, 2017, 08:58:08 PM »
> "Maybe you could win the Grail War for me and wish me back to life."
> "No, uh..." Look around and think for a moment.
> Do we know anything at all about magic clockwork creatures or whatever, as a field of magecraft? i.e. Will getting a close look at one after Archer shoots it down tell us anything useful about the culprit?

>"Heh," says Archer.
>You look around, and see that you're in a reasonably thick patch of woods. You should be able to move around easily enough, but there's enough stands of trees and such that you may quickly get lost.
>You have some knowledge of such constructions, but in general you know that there aren't really rules, so to speak. That said, if you can examine one, you can certainly learn something. It may not be useful, but at least it will be educational.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #475 on: November 05, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »
> Communicate mentally until further notice, just in case those drones can hear.
> "If you're comfortable fighting while visible, let's do that until the servant shows up. We went through the trouble of hiding how you did it at the rest stop, so maybe they don't know you can do that yet."
> "I can defend myself from things on the ground, but not things that fly, so prioritize those, I think?"
> "For now let's shoot down that hawk drone. I want to get a look at it myself, maybe I'll learn something about the culprit."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »
> Communicate mentally until further notice, just in case those drones can hear.
> "If you're comfortable fighting while visible, let's do that until the servant shows up. We went through the trouble of hiding how you did it at the rest stop, so maybe they don't know you can do that yet."
> "I can defend myself from things on the ground, but not things that fly, so prioritize those, I think?"
> "For now let's shoot down that hawk drone. I want to get a look at it myself, maybe I'll learn something about the culprit."

>Archer nods and gets out of the car. She surveys the sky for a moment, then produces her bow and fires.
>"Got it," she sends to you. You can hear something crashing through the trees a distance away. "It should have landed toward the south, probably a hundred or more yards away."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2017, 10:02:19 PM »
> Get out of the car and follow Archer to it.
> "That other thing will probably be on us pretty soon..."
> Proceed with caution!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2017, 10:10:56 PM »
> Get out of the car and follow Archer to it.
> "That other thing will probably be on us pretty soon..."
> Proceed with caution!

>"We gained some distance on it," says Archer, "It's not as fast as we were on the highway, but I think that's due to the lay of the land as much as anything."
>The two of you proceed, Archer easily picking out a reasonable simple to route to follow. Within a minute, you can see a brassy thing standing out from some bushes, where it fell nose-first. The basic shape of it looks something like an airplane, but within the tailfins. 

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #479 on: November 05, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
> Take a moment to observe it carefully, just to make sure it's definitely not functioning. Don't want it to self-destruct on us or something.
> Then move in to take a closer look.