~Hakurei Shrine~ > Alice's Art Atelier

[Music] Touhou music arranged by Z.A.

<< < (8/9) > >>

Silent Sinner in Scarlet:
I am done with my critiques above.

Z_A:

--- Quote from: Silent Sinner in Scarlet on April 29, 2019, 09:15:29 PM ---I am done with my critiques above.

--- End quote ---
I am done replying to your feedback above (above) ;)

Thank you very much for your hard work on that feedback post. This means a lot to me and I'm certain this will lead to my growth as an arranger. I'm sorry if I disappointed you with my version of End of Daylight, I know how it feels when someone makes an arrangement not worthy of an amazing ZUN's piece that deserves it (for me it's the Frozen Capital - not my favourite, but it really ought to get only the best treatment from any arranger who attempts to work on it).

Anyway, I have Discord as well so I'll likely contact you there soon.

--- Quote ---Oh damn i was talkimg about the lead guitar part at 2:40. Idk what i was writing.
--- End quote ---
I see. Aaaaand... that solo is a "hidden" ZUN's line in fact, from the original piece! Still, I'm kinda proud, as an arranger, to have found it and placed it where it suits best.

--- Quote ---Oh right the drums are actually in a power metal pattern. I could not hear it out they definetly need more punsh thru the mix.
--- End quote ---
I'm about 97% certain that you're right, but it's very hard to do from a sound engineer point of view, and I'm not even good at it.

--- Quote ---Regarding the guitar sound. Idk how much you know about electric guitars. But you could simulate stuff like palm mutes, bends, slides, hammer ons, pull offs, pinch harmonics, vibrato etc. Playing real electric guitar without thees technics also sounds shit.
--- End quote ---
I'd say... I know a thing or two, despite not being a guitar player myself. And I totally agree with you on that. The thing is, it's not really possible to apply most of those techniques in piano roll. I do use the palm mute a lot, though, since it's an exception (of sorts).

Silent Sinner in Scarlet:
My Discord is SilSinn9801#0413

Benjo:
Yea its good that you do palmmutes. Probably the nost important technic for rythm guitar in metal. Do you use power chords? Try patterns like this: powerchord = pc, singelnote palmmuted = sp.
pc,sp,sp,sp,pc,sp,sp,sp.

Z_A:
Just as I was about to point out one track where I use the palm mute to create some sort of catchy rhythm... I realized I don't have one such. The closest to that is probably the Headless Hunter, but the guitar sound there is so meh. It's not even guitar rig, just midi, and midi distortion guitar is a total disgrace to all mankind (hyperbolically speaking... it's actually the best I could find). Another example with prominent use of that technique is Chaos Dial, but the riff doesn't get really interesting because of that. You can check yourself if you feel like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version