Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 235249 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.0 Update! )
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »
I like how the enderman is just like, "Sup, like what I've did with the place?"

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
We are too easily amused.  :derp:

Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2011, 10:45:52 PM »
Schematic Import list has been updated. Kinda forgot to update that.. :V

I haven't really had many people asking for imports lately. I'm not sure if people aren't ready or aren't interested.. If you need any of your buildings from the list, let me know.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
Schematic Import list has been updated. Kinda forgot to update that.. :V

I haven't really had many people asking for imports lately. I'm not sure if people aren't ready or aren't interested.. If you need any of your buildings from the list, let me know.

I'm still looking for a place for my tower thing, but more often do I forget to do so. :V
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

pineyappled

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2011, 03:28:31 AM »
Server crash?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2011, 03:32:33 AM »
Likely. Livefeed doesn't update at all and I can't get info from server.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2011, 04:23:56 AM »
Yeah, it got overloaded. It takes a little time to get set up properly due to some extra crap we have to do at start. That MCMA auto-launch is quite misleading and irritating. People keep thinking the server is back up, and then I have to kill it off to launch the server for real. :V  I try to get everything back up quickly before player inventories get screwed up.. If people join during the MCMA setup, then things might get screwed up when I kill it.

But I understand that you guys can't tell the difference between setups. When the server is online, it displays it as such.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2011, 05:55:51 AM »
Okay, so EP messaged me saying that he thought my house didn't look the best, and that I should probably make it look better.
But the problem with that is that I don't really give a fuck about what my house looks like as long as it has all I need.
So, I suggested that if he want's it to look better, then he should make it better.
But then he said I should probably say something in the thread about it, so here I am now.

So basically I'm asking if anyone wants to make my house look prettier, and more presentable. I would like for all of you to keep the same structure design, so that means no placing walls where they weren't before (unless you ask me first), and no making things bigger or smaller. All you would need to do would be to replace the blocks, not put in any extra.

This is availabe to anyone, I would ask that if you want to try that you contact me first on MC, and also contact me with your idea before you get started on it. Any  number of people can work on it at one time, as long as you all agree to do it with each other, and not to get in the way of each other when making your renovations.

This isn't a compulsory event, and you can do it if you want to. So if you don't want to do it, that's fine.

Also you can keep anything you mine from my house as long as you put something back in it's place. Oh, and no touching my chests and furnace/crafting table.

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2011, 06:48:44 AM »
Ehh.. It could have a bit more structure or form to it, at least from the outside perspective. However, I'm too busy with my own projects to worry about redecorating others'. I'm sure other people feel the same. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
Let me guess. Spuds will go in and refurnish the place to house yet more crazy bunnies, mushrooms, trees, and spawn-camping structures. There, that's Tuber Op. 82.

OK, more serious here, best of luck with that.
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:06 AM »
So a stable version of bukkit was finally released: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-for-minecraft-1-0-1-is-now-available.49584/
I'll leave the rest to you then stuffman.

Edit: Also if possible could you possibly add that endreset plugin when you do the update? Here it is: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/endreset/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:08:04 AM by ShadyK »
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
At last. Hopefully this will solve some of the server/client stability issues. Also, I hope that this doesn't bork anything up while the rest of the plugins are waiting to catch up.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »

So someone tells you you shouldn't make ugly stuff anymore and then you go on to tell people to do things for you? :derp:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

J.O.B

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »
It's their problem they don't like the look of my house, so they can fix it. I'm not concerned with the look of my house, so it's not my problem, I don't have to fix it.

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2011, 01:09:21 PM »
Forgot to mention, I'm claiming the mountains where I've been building my hermitage these past few days.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

If you don't care about other people's actions and opinions you might as well play alone, right? Because, you know, collectivity is the whole point of multiplayer.
                                                                                   .

J.O.B

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2011, 02:44:37 PM »
We're just talking about houses here, it's not like I don't give a fuck whether somebody kills me or not.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:12 PM »
You see, that's were you got things backwards. Nobody 'gives a fuck' if you die or not. Collectivity.
                                                                                   .

J.O.B

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
My point is though, that were just talking about houses. You seem to think I don't care about any other actions done by other people, this is where you got things backwards.

EDIT: I think an Enderman placed a dirt block in spawn :V
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:59:03 PM by J.O.B »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
In regards to JOB vs. Haku on aesthetics of former's house:
I'm siding with Haku here. Here are two suggestions; either (1) renovate your place on your own accord to be a bit less of an eyesore to other players (chances are we're all too busy with our own things), or (2) move further away from spawn where you have more free range over things. Moreover your place looks like Poverty Art, which also tended to camp spawn with less-than-aesthetically-satisfactory structures.
Lastly, if you want Suwako skin as you said in MC, put one on (minecraft.net -> profile -> upload skin), or it'll be free-for-all.

Too many new SMP players seem to be assuming that the mode's just SSP with online functions...you see, that is quite incorrect. As a result we've had structural griefing (and the propogators said they didn't know they were not supposed to do so), over-concentrated rapid building *looks at someone's 64 structures and their proximity to spawns*, and general lighting failures all around plenty of misunderstandings between players.
Bad command or file name

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
so strafe that would be all ideas what i have yet for the second wall
[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]
black line would be the wall
[attach=4]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:38:11 PM by BlackSparda »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »
My point is though, that were just talking about houses. You seem to think I don't care about any other actions done by other people, this is where you got things backwards.
No no, you just said you don't care about peopel's opinions. "OhbutI'monlytalkingabouthouses". So what?
Two people by now have told we don't like what you're doing. It's not about you not caring that you house(and pretty much every thing you build, you seem unable to do any more than piling up dirt and cobble) is ugly, it's about us seeing it's ugly, horrendous, disruptive even, politely telling you so and requesting that you do something about it, and you just going "fuckit, I don't give a fuck" right to our faces. Which goes beyond rude.

You say you care about actions by others, we know that, we want you to realize already that we do too. And we don't like your actions.

Also thanks, EP.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2011, 10:15:21 PM »
So after much deliberation, I have decided to bring the Wool Center back! Yeah, my concern over Experience grinding there subsided just a bit. Also, there was that marked area which was "spawn protected" that was just sitting there. So, I opted to make some use out of it.

Enjoy!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
So a stable version of bukkit was finally released: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-for-minecraft-1-0-1-is-now-available.49584/
I'll leave the rest to you then stuffman.

Edit: Also if possible could you possibly add that endreset plugin when you do the update? Here it is: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/endreset/

I'll do the update next time I have a day off. Hopefully all our other plugins should catch up to the new version shortly, as well.

It's their problem they don't like the look of my house, so they can fix it. I'm not concerned with the look of my house, so it's not my problem, I don't have to fix it.
If you didn't care what it looked like you wouldn't be making it so big. It's certainly not a design meant for practical use. What you're really saying is "I don't give a shit if you don't like it", which is uncool.

Buildings near spawn should be presentable.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:51:24 PM by Stuffman »

J.O.B

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:58 AM »
If you didn't care what it looked like you wouldn't be making it so big. It's certainly not a design meant for practical use. What you're really saying is "I don't give a shit if you don't like it", which is uncool.

Buildings near spawn should be presentable.
What does it being big have to do with me not caring what it looks like? The only reason it's big is because I want room for different things, not that I want it to look good.

And to the rest of you, the reason why it looks like a jumble of materials is because I use what ever I can, normally I would not be able to finish a building with all that I have of a certain material, so I have to use others because I like to finish buildings ASAP.

Also EP I'm surprised you're arguing too considering you were the one who gave me the idea (well, it was 50/50 between you and me).

Okay then, how about if I build something, and run out of that material, we can trade with each other so we both get the same value. So if I was making something out of cobble, and I ran out but still had a lot of dirt, someone could trade the dirt with me for some cobble.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
So first off:

(the other image kept failing to upload :\)

Today's weather did NOT mention freak lightning bolts hitting Shady and LOL SQUIDS! ???

Returning to homeowner's question.

What does it being big have to do with me not caring what it looks like? The only reason it's big is because I want room for different things, not that I want it to look good.
Larger structures usually indicate a greater project where one will take details, aesthetics, function, etc. into more detail.

Plus the way it's been expanding appears to be like tumours. Typically expansion projects invoke a more modular procedure to reduce the seams between the parts.

And to the rest of you, the reason why it looks like a jumble of materials is because I use what ever I can, normally I would not be able to finish a building with all that I have of a certain material, so I have to use others because I like to finish buildings ASAP.
While that aspect can be nice, it really lacks in consistency. Smaller and temporary buildings usually stick with dirt or some other disposable material; more permanent works, stone, brick, wood, etc. But they will, for the majority of the time, use a handful of building materials that keep the building at least looking consistent.

Try looking at real-life architecture...do any of the major examples use a hodgepodge of materials?

Also EP I'm surprised you're arguing too considering you were the one who gave me the idea (well, it was 50/50 between you and me).
I have my own standpoint on this matter as well, and thus expressed it in both thread and MC after seeing your positions here. The original idea came as a friendly suggestion, and then it proceeded from there.

For me, the major complaint is about how your structure is so close to spawn with that shantytown appearance. One or the other has got to give...and having others do the work for you just implies laziness.

Okay then, how about if I build something, and run out of that material, we can trade with each other so we both get the same value. So if I was making something out of cobble, and I ran out but still had a lot of dirt, someone could trade the dirt with me for some cobble.
This is a good idea, I will say. Many put 'donation chests' for their projects loaded with low-value items (cobble, dirt, etc). near spawn (I discourage the practice, and stealing from donation chests isn't a good idea), and for high-value and bulk typically barter or purchase. I do sell some blocks but considering that I work with iron/gold/diamond it can get quite pricey! (and don't ask me for cobble, it's in use for renovating the PTM arena in W2)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:04:00 AM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2011, 07:36:34 AM »
Ugh. This debate about JOB's home is getting quite tiresome.  :derp:

In other news, I've added a new recipe for you fine folks: Nether Brick!
[Netherrack, Netherrack]
[Netherrack, Netherrack]            Result: 1 Nether Brick

This is crafted in your inventory or on a workbench just like everything else. I believe that a 4:1 ratio is fair enough for this, since the brick will be in moderate demand. I opted for this route since the smelting aspect of the Custom Recipe mod is borked. If they ever get that fixed in a future update, then we'll look into modifying the recipe.

Oh. And I regenerated the End. Have at it, Dragon-slayers! Hopefully other people can get a piece of the action this time. :V

aaand it's dead. >:D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:20:37 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
And after some more deliberation, intervention, and coincidence, JOB won out and his Proposal 1 (others 'assist' in renovating existing home) stands as the resolution. That seems to have ended that, much to some of us' chagrin...doesn't fully resolve secondary issues but at least the primary dispute's done with.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »
So first off:

(the other image kept failing to upload :\)

Today's weather did NOT mention freak lightning bolts hitting Shady and LOL SQUIDS! ???
Whoa, talk about lol squids, that happen to be RIGHT BY SHADY! :V This was on purpose I know it......

Wish I could've been there, but I've got one last hard final in the morning, and I can't waste any time on the server. (actually, I'm done for the night now and heading off for bed since it's at freakin 8:30 in the morning, like today's super easy final was) Hopefully, I'll be able to show up tomorrow, but we'll see.

There is also a bug (apparently it's classified as a bug, to which I just deleted what I was about to say and say this instead :derp:) that when Netherrack is placed next to Nether Brick, the Netherrack has a chance to change into Nether Brick on it's own. Problem being I don't know how long that takes, or if it's even near instant. Or even if this can only be done in a Nether Fortress. This needs further testing.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2011, 11:51:43 AM »
You'd think this would be easy, huh :derp:

the reason why it looks like a jumble of materials is because I use what ever I can, normally I would not be able to finish a building with all that I have of a certain material, so I have to use others because I like to finish buildings ASAP.
In other words you're too damn lazy to get your materials before building.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:46:55 PM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .