Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 235262 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.0 Update! )
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
This is crafted in your inventory or on a workbench just like everything else. I believe that a 4:1 ratio is fair enough for this, since the brick will be in moderate demand. I opted for this route since the smelting aspect of the Custom Recipe mod is borked. If they ever get that fixed in a future update, then we'll look into modifying the recipe.

Ack, the furnace recipes don't work? Well, I guess easy nether brick isn't a big deal. Just hope it doesn't mean nobody bothers with normal brick.

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
Yeah. I intend on changing the recipe to use the furnace once they get it fixed. I tried it anyway, but to no avail. Believe it or not, people have already been asking me to reduce even this recipe's requirements...

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the recipe, I won't have to mine entire Nether fortress pillars to get my Bricks now :D
But to be honest, I don't really understand why the furnace won't turn Netherrack to Nether Brick the same way cobblestone gives stone...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
You'd think this would be easy, huh :derp:
As did I, but I didn't expect it to devolve into this.

Ack, the furnace recipes don't work? Well, I guess easy nether brick isn't a big deal. Just hope it doesn't mean nobody bothers with normal brick.
I fear that may just happen but at least it shouldn't be as bad as the free brick giveaway. I also prefer the furnace recipes and hope it gets fixed. Nice to see this in anyways!

Believe it or not, people have already been asking me to reduce even this recipe's requirements...
That isn't good. Talk about having a bit of a lazy playerbase. *looks at donation chests, Poverty Row, Poverty State Building, JOB Affair*

aaand it's dead. >:D
Who killed it this time? :V

EDIT: On a disturbing note, W1 is starting to get infested with Chennels according to cave map, and IIRC Chen isn't the major culprit this time....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:42:01 PM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
Well if you all keep antagonizing him of course it will end up like this. 
That isn't good. Talk about having a bit of a lazy playerbase. *looks at donation chests, Poverty Row, Poverty State Building, JOB Affair*
Well let's see one donation chest is by sunny which i do find ok since you ripped her off like nuts.  One is by sparda for his second wall which is fairly.  And the only other one i can think of is puremrz's for blue wool.  I dont see much wrong with this.  PSB is whatever JOB can do what he wants.  Im not getting involved with that stupid argument.  You know us fellow players aint gonna think too highly of ya if you call us all lazy like that.           
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »
Well if you all keep antagonizing him of course it will end up like this.
Rather, no one won as one party dealt with the situation in a terrible manner and the other kept increasing the heat as a response.
But the situation has been resolved, and we can move on with things. Myself, I'll send some logistic support to PSB renovation in return for a few lighter requests of my own.

Well let's see one donation chest is by sunny which i do find ok since you ripped her off like nuts.  One is by sparda for his second wall which is fairly.  And the only other one i can think of is puremrz's for blue wool.  I dont see much wrong with this.  PSB is whatever JOB can do what he wants.
Sunny's: She got what she paid for (maybe more than that now with the extra bred mooshrooms).
Sparda's: This one is legitimate due to the sheer amount needed.
puremrz's: This better not be the start of the Poverty Row trend again, especially with the Wool Centre to assist with things.
PSB: I think we covered this one to death already.
Bad command or file name

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
Rather, no one won as one party dealt with the situation in a terrible manner and the other kept increasing the heat as a response.
But the situation has been resolved, and we can move on with things. Myself, I'll send some logistic support to PSB renovation in return for a few lighter requests of my own.
Sunny's: She got what she paid for (maybe more than that now with the extra bred mooshrooms).
Sparda's: This one is legitimate due to the sheer amount needed.
puremrz's: This better not be the start of the Poverty Row trend again, especially with the Wool Centre to assist with things.
PSB: I think we covered this one to death already.

That one was just for people who supported the whale before the sheep center arrived in this world (probably one of the reasons it appeared today). I just finished the whale and removed the box anyway.
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2011, 08:40:52 PM »
Ah, gotcha. Better see that whale once the server is back up after updating.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »
Updated to new stable Bukkit. Also introduced EndReset. The End should now reset ten minutes after the last player inside it leaves. (Updated Essentials too, but I doubt that will be relevant.)

FYI I've just found out I can give other people nicknames. I didn't enable /nick because I hate it when people change their names on IRC constantly so that I can't tell who they are, but if you catch me online just let me know if you want a nickname and I'll be happy to change it for you.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »
FYI I've just found out I can give other people nicknames. I didn't enable /nick because I hate it when people change their names on IRC constantly so that I can't tell who they are, but if you catch me online just let me know if you want a nickname and I'll be happy to change it for you.
Strafe has been using /nick for some time now, usually for silly reasons (eg. renaming himself to 'Creeper' after someone complains about one, then saying 'Hello!') and temporarily. :V

And it's good that we don't have /nick or silly crap like this result.

EDIT: Another End expedition got ruined by the lack of Dragon. Plugin config issues much?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:33:02 PM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2011, 09:37:09 PM »
That's a pretty good replica of my Sinistar statue there. I noticed a couple of changes here and there, and I was curious how you constructed the back end. I didn't show any pictures of that side. How long did that take you to build?

The picture what rather small, and I had to improvise what I could here and there... and the back end... >.> <.< It's just plain.

maybe a few hours.

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2011, 09:45:46 PM »
Updated to new stable Bukkit. Also introduced EndReset. The End should now reset ten minutes after the last player inside it leaves. (Updated Essentials too, but I doubt that will be relevant.)
Excellent. Hopefully my game will be a bit more stable now! However, I'm considering raising the reset time to 30-60 minutes to combat massive Experience farming (especially from those who can fly :ohdear:). From my experience, Enchanting takes a while (lol random select) and setup for a future fight would likely take longer than 10 minutes. I think that by having more time, then people could organize and group together to go and share the fight.
/nick is fun! I mainly use it for laughs. It does get confusing to tell who is who, since the name displayed above the player's head does not change to the new nickname. Oh, and thankfully, we cannot name people duplicate names. So, there is no chance of having 18 Dormios running about. (yeah, I already tried :V)

As long as people keep jabbing each other, trying to get the 'last word'(like this post :V), this debate won't go away for a while. I have already weighed in on this subject enough, especially after a massive argument on the server last night. Supposedly, a compromise has been reached, so hopefully people don't try to screw each other on this. We'll wait and see. Now, I'd appreciate if this pointless disagreement doesn't come up again.
I fear that may just happen but at least it shouldn't be as bad as the free brick giveaway. I also prefer the furnace recipes and hope it gets fixed. Nice to see this in anyways!
People are always going to try to get whatever they can for free/minimal effort. Unfortunately, that is human nature. Donation chests are perfectly okay, as long as they are employed for useful projects, or projects that are quite massive for one person to take on alone (see: Sparda Wall extension). I'm fine with them as long as they don't devolve into pointless begging and pandering due to laziness a la a certain admin's satirical chest demanding stuff "because he is too lazy to play the game". :V

I view client-side mods that give an unfair advantage over other players as more of a sign of laziness than the donation chests. But that's an argument for another time.
Who killed it this time? :V
You're reading his post.
EDIT: On a disturbing note, W1 is starting to get infested with Chennels according to cave map, and IIRC Chen isn't the major culprit this time....
If employed properly, "Chennels" are the most efficient way to scour the underground for diamond and other ore. I myself, plan on digging such tunnels, as my diamond supply has already been exhausted. They're deep underground, so it's not like they're disrupting anything useful. If the miner digs into somebody's area, then the respectful thing would be to repair the damage and seal off that tunnel.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2011, 10:02:54 PM »
After beating the Ender Dragon together:

Told ya!
(Though I was wishing for Silk Touch)
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
Dear god, there must have been a lot of orbs lurking in the portal home. :getdown:
:teaspit: :teaspit:

However, I'm considering raising the reset time to 30-60 minutes to combat massive Experience farming (especially from those who can fly :ohdear:). From my experience, Enchanting takes a while (lol random select) and setup for a future fight would likely take longer than 10 minutes. I think that by having more time, then people could organize and group together to go and share the fight.
Good points there, and I support that (leaning towards 60 minutes here). I don't worry as much about flying bastards but more the trolling / exploitative ones. ...wait, that blankets a lot of the former group, then....

I view client-side mods that give an unfair advantage over other players as more of a sign of laziness than the donation chests.
As with the donation chests, it depends on the user's rationale and usage habits.

If employed properly, "Chennels" are the most efficient way to scour the underground for diamond and other ore. I myself, plan on digging such tunnels, as my diamond supply has already been exhausted. They're deep underground, so it's not like they're disrupting anything useful. If the miner digs into somebody's area, then the respectful thing would be to repair the damage and seal off that tunnel.
I'm not entirely against Chennels as an idea (they are quite effective), I just oppose their use in high-population areas.

EDIT: More stupidity time!

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

The Shady Chef puts in his secret ingredient.... (really they were hoping for roast Tengu stew for whatever reason)

[attach=3]

Me: 'Poverty Art Aquatic Edition'

On an off-note the EndReset plugin is bugged until it gets an update for the stable Bukkit, seems.

EDIT2: Stuffman has fixed the LogBlock tools (stick, bedrock) for end users as well (after a bit of a question on it while discussing LogBlock and chests) and those fixes will take effect next reboot. That odd bug that has been with us since Temp world is fixed finally! \o/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:57:06 AM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2011, 03:48:39 AM »
After beating the Ender Dragon together:

Told ya!
(Though I was wishing for Silk Touch)

Need.to.beat.enderdragon.

...and tengus taste horrible.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2011, 06:19:54 AM »
So I've been thinking about actually adding above ground housing my Haku city house (since all I currently have is a basement, a crafting bench, and cake).
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/freyband/Minecraft/2011-12-14_215532.png
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/freyband/Minecraft/2011-12-14_215542.png
About how bad do you want to kill me for this? :V (Bet you can't guess where's I got the inspiration for the "hat")
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2011, 06:41:07 AM »
Hello... Am I still not welcome on the server? I think time healed enough wounds to allow you guys to give me a second chance and, worst case scenario, ban me again if I mess with someone's structures without telling their owners about it first (not gonna happen, though).

I kind of need to test something on a multiplayer server, but I only know MotK's one. And well... I've beaten the Enderdragon on single player hardcore mode, got some sweet enchantments and potions, and it feels like there is nothing left in the game but to break it. And by "breaking it" I mean mastering it in every way possible, getting to know all ins and outs.

Specifically, I wanted to test a particular dupe glitch I just found out about while browsing the MC forums out of boredom and while looking for topics about the ending of Minecraft (you know, the 8 minutes long dialogue, it really got me interested). And not a moment too soon, either: the thread is now deleted. It seems that you are not allowed to discuss glitches like that on the forums, apparently?... It works in single player, but I'm not sure about multiplayer.

You know the one? The one with the nether portal. It's kind of like the one with sticky pistons and 1 clocks, but this one causes no lag.

Surely it would make everyone's game too easy. I do not plan on playing on the server or sharing the secret with anyone, though. If I were to remain to play, then I would make a fortress of solitude in the Nether, far away from civilization. Or roam the wastelands, slaying monsters. Yeah, trying to help people Erayia style is all nice and dandy, and a viable option if I ever were to play again on the server, but you don't need me.

Oh, and I am on my antidepressants, too: been taking them for about two weeks, so they are starting to work now. I was off of them when I started spontaneously griefing if that helps.

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2011, 07:17:22 AM »
I feel that we have already covered this subject, Cadrin. I removed you from the list because of your actions the last time around. Yes, you could argue that "time heals all wounds" but that doesn't have to change my mind nor Stuffman's. As of now, the decision sticks.

To be blunt, I find it a bit insulting that your only reason to try to come back is to test out some glitches. You can try that on any server, and there are plenty out there. It doesn't seem that you want to rejoin us for the sake of playing with us again. This just further hurts your chances at changing my mind.

I have no reason to ban you completely. Please don't make me consider that.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2011, 07:29:24 AM »
While I would not mind seeing you again on the server long-term as the roaming hermit (I can cover the Eraiya-style contributions minus the inventory hacking), I'm not sure about giving second chances going by the example of tomhoffman (banned for griefing and theft on Brohoster, reinstated on PTM, permabanned during Anarchy for petty theft again). Moreover, as Strafe said, there are scores of public servers out there where you can test your glitch, which seems to be your primary reason for wanting re-entry.

The ultimate decision remains with Strafe and Stuffman, though.
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:24 AM »
So I've been thinking about actually adding above ground housing my Haku city house (since all I currently have is a basement, a crafting bench, and cake).
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/freyband/Minecraft/2011-12-14_215532.png
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/freyband/Minecraft/2011-12-14_215542.png
About how bad do you want to kill me for this? :V (Bet you can't guess where's I got the inspiration for the "hat")
That...that bunny....
BUNNY ARMY

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
Strafe's Adventures in inventory hacking! SCIENCE!

So, I successfully made THE BEST DAMN SWORD POSSIBLE: Sharpness V, Smite V, Bane of Arthropods V, Fire Aspect II, Knockback II, Looting III. The best of every world. Eat it, Exuro. >:D Further experimentation lead me to cross-breeding enchantments. It failed. My Silk Touch Armor did not grant me the desired abilities.. oh well.

Of course, it didn't stop there. I moved on to Potion Enchanting and Potion Splicing. Yeah, it didn't work either.. I was really looking forward to poison/fire bombs, as well as my Mokou Potion (Heal II, Regen II, Fire Resistance II). *sigh* Good news came out of this though. I can stack potions this way. I successfully bombed Hourai with a heavy assault of Harm II potions.

I assure you that all of these experiments were made out of sheer curiosity and research. Afterward, all of the experiments were destroyed as to keep things fair.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
coulda given me the sword, you know
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »
I suspect spawn camping, oversaturation, Poverty Art Syndrome, and to some, 'borderline griefing'.

I'm sure the pictures and LogBlock are enough to identify the perpetrator.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:57:19 PM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
Idle Minecrafters are the Devil's play thing.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2011, 05:17:55 PM »
Yeah fuck it. JOB is off the whitelist.

Go mess up somebody else's spawn.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2011, 06:15:05 PM »
In that case, I assume then that the entire thing becomes public property a la Cadrin's lighthouse and is free for raiding and demolition? (in that case /cremove the chest and furnace protections)

I think, though, that simply removing and then //regen - ing the area works best, as a full rollback probably won't cover most of the structure and can ruin other things he has done underground, not to mention the possibility of a few players really getting a gluttony of things from the heist.
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
Crash?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
Yeah, it did for those of us near the area (Shady, who was far off, did not report such).

Stuffman has //regen - d the area where PSB was, and a couple of us blew up his floating cobble box. The Houraiville path can stay and the underground has yet to be examined (Dino, you may think about asking for compensation for those diamonds).
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
I know, I was there, why are you explaining it to me now
                                                                                   .