Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 331446 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2011, 07:07:38 AM »
Alright! The Strafe Super Secret Project is finally co--
BEWARE! I LIVE!
I AM SINISTAR
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:42:11 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:13 AM »
In other news I totally messed up pokemon tower by not paying close enough attention to the floor plan, and not mirroring the north and south ends of the tower.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

*Stuffman flees to screams of "RUN COWARD"

« Reply #303 on: September 23, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »
Because Sinistar is fucking awesome, and you know it.  :V
I also saved an alternate version that has the core completely filled with TNT. (~6200 TNT)  The Sinibomb. >:D   RUN COWARD. RUN RUN RUN

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »
PROJECT IS GLORIOUS

RESPONSE WAS AS EXPECTED

I also saved an alternate version that has the core completely filled with TNT. (~6200 TNT)  The Sinibomb. >:D
Ehehehe, nice reference.

BEWARE. I HUNGER, COWARD

It better not emit the death scream or the entire server'll crash. :V
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:54:41 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #305 on: September 23, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
Hey, I remember someone talked about slimes that were somewhere on the map. Mind to tell me where they are? I need some sticky pistons for my Cube.

« Reply #306 on: September 23, 2011, 05:15:24 PM »
Hey, I remember someone talked about slimes that were somewhere on the map. Mind to tell me where they are? I need some sticky pistons for my Cube.

well many are spawning in my cave on the bottom layer (layer 15 or so), mainly big one :-) and since I'm not done yet, they will continue to spawn there  :V, feel free to smash them

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #307 on: September 23, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »
Thanks, got there and sliced some to tiny bits (by the way, don't know if it's the lag or SMP, but the slimes are glitched, they're stuck in the ceiling when they move).

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »
I AM AWESOME!

I found THREE dungeons all within the same cave network, so 3 all in a row. Last one had a CD, others were dumb. First two were also zombies, while third was skeleton. BUT THIS WAS STILL FREAKING SWEET! :D
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »
I AM AWESOME!

I found THREE dungeons all within the same cave network, so 3 all in a row. Last one had a CD, others were dumb. First two were also zombies, while third was skeleton. BUT THIS WAS STILL FREAKING SWEET! :D
No, you're just pretty lucky, I say. Nice finds though!
Bad command or file name

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2011, 12:23:11 PM »
Here, have a screenshot:
[attach=1]
So, here's the story behind this:
I had barely finished wiring the entrance of my Cube, and I guess the creeper spawned from behind the wiring (this area had been darkened by the blocks used for wiring).
Well, I guess repairing it wouldn't be too complicated, but I hope I can prevent any more from spawning...

Edit: Just had a thought that I was unlucky in 2 ways: first, a mob spawned inside the Cube because of the wiring I laid around, and second, it was a creeper... oh well, the Cube is repaired and should be safe now.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:11:44 PM by Cykyrios »

« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
when I saw your entrance I noticed that it's similar to mine ^^ maybe you want to copie it when it's not working as you want ^^
I can show you the mechanism if you want

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »

20 days later:
[attach=1]

Impressive. :V

Oh, and there's one other question to Strafe and Stuffman - what would be the whitelist status of those who deleted their MotK accounts? While looking though the DDR MC server thread for the infamous 'DDR on a creeper' picture, I noticed that Eraiya was no longer a member of this forum. Memberlist does not display his name either.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:58:01 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2011, 08:59:27 PM »
oh no chen was cut in half  :ohdear:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2011, 09:04:38 PM »
oh no chen was cut in half  :ohdear:
Ehe, it was just rendering (Far render distance, though maybe not everything rendered when I took the screenshot).

* EP makes another perching spot for pics
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:08:08 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
Heh we sure made a mess of that spawn zone.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »
Great, 1.9 may crash the 'gold to measure wealth' indicator of player power that some of us use.
On the other hand, it may boost it as well.

In the meantime, extending my fort with piston-based farms....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:19:25 AM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2011, 07:11:01 AM »
Oh, and there's one other question to Strafe and Stuffman - what would be the whitelist status of those who deleted their MotK accounts? While looking though the DDR MC server thread for the infamous 'DDR on a creeper' picture, I noticed that Eraiya was no longer a member of this forum. Memberlist does not display his name either.
Hm... Not sure, really.
Since we're the Official MotK server, Stuffman has adopted a rule that only users in good standing on MotK can play on the server. If someone was to get probated, then they would not be able to play while their Probation period is still active. If they were to get banned, then they are removed from the list entirely. Since one would have to be an active member just to be added to the whitelist, then it would make sense that we would remove members that are no longer a part of the community.

In Eraiya's case, I have noticed that he/she hasn't been active on the server since the end of the BroHoster nonsense. This troubled me because he/she was one of the major proponents for us switching to the PTM world. It's a shame that he/she has left this community, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

At this time, I don't see any reason to modify the whitelist in order to weed out the names of people that have left us. I'll defer this issue to Stuffman, since he most likely knows the members of MotK better than I. I'm pretty sure he'd agree to remove such names from the list, going by the same logic I've described above. We try to keep our Minecraft community open to people that are loyal participants of the MotK community. We haven't had any players that have fallen out of "good standing" with MotK, nor any (serious) reason to remove anyone from the list itself.

« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »
Great, 1.9 may crash the 'gold to measure wealth' indicator of player power that some of us use.
On the other hand, it may boost it as well.

In the meantime, extending my fort with piston-based farms....
:objection!:
It takes 648 nuggets to get the 8 gold blocks for a golden apple.

Since we're the Official MotK server, Stuffman has adopted a rule that only users in good standing on MotK can play on the server. If someone was to get probated, then they would not be able to play while their Probation period is still active. If they were to get banned, then they are removed from the list entirely. Since one would have to be an active member just to be added to the whitelist, then it would make sense that we would remove members that are no longer a part of the community.

I'm glad that I got added even when I was a new member here  :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »
Hm... Not sure, really....
Ah, I see. I'll let you two handle this issue from here.

We haven't had any players that have fallen out of "good standing" with MotK, nor any (serious) reason to remove anyone from the list itself.
Well, if you don't count old Kips. :V (but this was back when DDR's server was around, and thus when I put up that list of confirmed players I crossed out his name to refer to his banned status).

:objection!:
HOLD IT!

It cost 400,000 nuggets to eat golden apple...for 12 seconds
Fixed that for you. :colonveeplusalpha:
Bad command or file name

« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
HOLD IT!
Fixed that for you. :colonveeplusalpha:

So for 400.000 nuggets you can in lava dive for 12 seconds? I'm going to try this  :3.
Oh wait 1.8 you don't recover HP instantly.  ::)

A question for you...
when you think of the TH11 underworld city, wall are of cobblestones, but what about the ground. Build them out of dirt? cobblestones aswell? Or sandstone? (in stage 3 it's quite dark (and there are dark red torches on all walls :V I need many redstone torches for proper lighting xD (because it does not prevent spawning  :derp:)
What's your opinion?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:12:51 PM by German Flower Youkai »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
So for 400.000 nuggets you can in lava dive for 12 seconds? I'm going to try this  :3.
Oh wait 1.8 you don't recover HP instantly.  ::)
No, not at all. It was just a TF2 reference.

A question for you...
when you think of the TH11 underworld city, wall are of cobblestones, but what about the ground. Build them out of dirt? cobblestones aswell? Or sandstone? (in stage 3 it's quite dark (and there are dark red torches on all walls :V I need many redstone torches for proper lighting xD (because it does not prevent spawning  :derp:)
What's your opinion?
I'd build out of logs and/or stone. Nonetheless I do approve of the idea of recreating the Former Hell.

EDIT: derp placement of text while half-asleep
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:14:19 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:55 PM »
Strafe, about my cave, I took some coordiantes:

X is 521 to 626
Y is 8 to 50
Z is 85 to 178

105 x 42 x 93
only 410130 blocks :V

I'm not going to go over these coordinates when I work on the cave :-)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2011, 08:33:18 PM »
105 x 42 x 93
only 410130 blocks :V
That's a lot better than a 1.1 million block basement. :V

For some unknown reason Sparda (and to a lesser extent, Jimmy) have declared open season on Tengu :ohdear:. As this is very odd practice, I advise against doing so or assisting the hunters in any way. It was funny at first (such simple gags are great), but this is getting awkward(ly funny). XD
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:36:21 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »
the problem is that the Tengu is pretty fast and hard to hit :-)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2011, 09:13:09 PM »
the problem is that the Tengu is pretty fast and hard to hit :-)
Says the figure who is commonly portrayed as extremely slow (referring to avvy here, mind, not MC skin).
And no, you do not win a prize from hitting a Tengu other than bad reputations on the next publication.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #326 on: September 26, 2011, 11:50:45 PM »
Says the figure who is commonly portrayed as extremely slow (referring to avvy here, mind, not MC skin).
And no, you do not win a prize from hitting a Tengu other than bad reputations on the next publication.
Wait, you mean I don't get a feather for hitting tengus?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2011, 12:47:54 AM »
False. The prize you get for hitting the Tengu is the satisfaction that you have hit the Tengu.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2011, 06:59:04 AM »
Well, this was a very odd day on server.

Strafe, Jimmy, BSoD, Shady, Sunny, and I opted to all hang in my fort for reasons unknown, mostly doing mob fights and random PVP and light nonsense (glass box + lava + stuck player = :V).
Later, in an expansion of such I've retooled one of my tower's floors to a little pool of sorts, and continued such madness. It ended up being more popular than imagined...perhaps the next PVP arena will be water-based?
And, lastly, just to top it off, Strafeageddon Pt. 1.5 - the Sinibomb was put into play about 1.5km away from Sparda's city (nothing of value was destroyed). Results were impressive but the server was Strafed. XD Such was followed with more mob rushes (now he can spawn mobs at a player's location - watch your back and location!) and basic mining amid the crater alongside some (mostly) unfitting music (try creeper hunting with Alice -> Dere in the background :V).

Fort took a good bit of damage from explosions in the process. Once by my setting off TNT to kill a pack of creepers (all for the gunpowder XD), twice by creepers blowing up too close to the edge glass, and once more by a 150-creeper batallion Strafe spawned at Shady's location at that time (that was a real mess). It was all fixed at the end of the day though, and net gains were good - plenty of slimeballs, gunpowder, and especially feathers (spawned chickens underwater just stay there).

False. The prize you get for hitting the Tengu is the satisfaction that you have hit the Tengu.
Oh, so no secret bounty on my head, eh? :V
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:02:44 AM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:31 AM »
Yep. Today was fun. EP's tower got some unintended renovations; lots of PVP happened; and I learned something very interesting about /spawnmob. >:D

Not to worry, though. I don't plan on ambushing players with mobs. Hell, I don't even use /spawnmob during "normal" gameplay. Only during PVP or "arena style" events, where the only thing we have to do is goof off. In these situations, one must keep in mind the first rule to "arena style" gameplay: Do not bring anything that you are not willing to lose. 

I respect the hard work that people put in for their buildings, resources, and valubles, and don't wish that they lose anything by my hand. I am more than willing to help repair things when our fun goes awry. (I had no idea Shady was making a supply drop at the time he received his 150 creeper infusion. Thankfully, nothing of value was lost. Still doesn't mean that the situation wasn't funny as hell, though.)

It's nights like tonight that I really enjoy playing this game with others. So much fun.