Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 331555 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:38 AM »
I would say put glass around the lava (plus some reconstruction) but with creepers inside, forget that idea.

Plus, how did you get a creeper in there anyway?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »
They tend to spawn on the roof and drop down into unfinished rooms. One got me at Dino's place a couple nights ago.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »
IT IS DONE!

Some of you have really wanted to know what my secret project was. (mostly Strafe) NOW YOU KNOW!

[attach=1]
NONE OTHER THAN IKUBI AKIUS!
You can find it to the north-west of my house in the walled off place, whatever it's called. :V
(Be careful of creepers there though, since it's mostly lit, but some spots will spawn them anyway.)
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2011, 08:27:51 AM »
And here I thought you were building Ran. You know, shikigami and and all..

Looks fantastic! We haven't had very many sprites on our server yet. Most people erect a fence around a safe buffer zone around the sprite. This way if a creeper does manage to blow up, they shouldn't damage the sprite.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2011, 09:07:27 AM »
Alright, sprite has fencing now. (just be careful anyway)
TF2 Backpack

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2011, 11:57:48 AM »
Creepars creepin' up on j00 while you're AFKin'?

Happened to me once. The guy was like "o hai thar can I have a look at what is goin over here lol".

'Cause I was AFK farming at my mob grinder right...

And he just hung around there, one block away from me, over a one-block high wall. Without blowing up. I thanked him for his patience when I returned and after all that warm waitin', he got some well-deserved whoop-ass.

Cool story, I know, but it's TRVE.

Man, good times. Waiting for you guys to update to the Full ADVENTURE UPDATE. 1.8, 1.9 or w/e.

« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
:V

Stuffman Moe Creeper, want to hug

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:42:24 PM by German Flower Youkai »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
:V

They're evolving. Why use stealth when you can use bait?

Anyway, running without MCMA hasn't seemed to cause any problems. The server was feeling a little sluggish this morning though; since it doesn't reboot automatically anymore we'll have to do that manually every once in a while.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
*cue not just a nosebleed, but a nose explosion from sssizzling moe attack*

Anyway, running without MCMA hasn't seemed to cause any problems. The server was feeling a little sluggish this morning though; since it doesn't reboot automatically anymore we'll have to do that manually every once in a while.
Whoa, we're not on MCMA now? Since when did that happen?

Well, I guess we may have found the culprit in that case (but we need extended testing for that)....
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2011, 05:16:16 PM »
Whoa, we're not on MCMA now? Since when did that happen?

Well, I guess we may have found the culprit in that case (but we need extended testing for that)....

Since I said so yesterday!

There shouldn't be any visible changes on your end, except that automatic save warnings and reboots are gone. If we can go a few days without another crash, yeah, that'll pretty much have settled it.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2011, 05:18:20 PM »
Since I said so yesterday!

There shouldn't be any visible changes on your end, except that automatic save warnings and reboots are gone. If we can go a few days without another crash, yeah, that'll pretty much have settled it.
I must not have noticed that then.

I'd give it a 5-day crash-free period to conclude the issue. If not, then there's something else at play.
I guess we'll also have to do manual saves too?
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »
It still saves automatically, it just doesn't say so (so no lag spike warnings).

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
So I'm guessing its still a 1.7.3 world at the mo?

« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
So I'm guessing its still a 1.7.3 world at the mo?
Yep

« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
I hope we do a switch to 1.8 D:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2011, 04:20:08 PM »
I hope we do a switch to 1.8 D:
So do I, but only after:
(1) Mods that require MCP (namely Optifine, which many of us use) get 1.8.x versions.
(2) The SERVER CRASH bugs (especially the EXP orb one, which seems worse than I thought) are fixed. Alternatively, if EXP orbs are disabled outright with mods.
(3) Stuffman gives the all-clear to update.
(4) We agree on yet another schematic frenzy using existing structures on all three of the worlds we have ATM. No use in trying to copy over the existing world due to the vast differences. (What does this also mean? Get mining all over the place, hoard the snow - and pack them into blocks, not snowballs! - and later on, de-torch the surroundings).
(5?) We get a modification that gives food classical behaviour (instant health healing, no hunger factor) minus the ability to stack (that is damn useful). Then again, that would make 1.8.x+ MC too easy. :V
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:33:41 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
Eh i didnt notice any crash bugs in single player.

On another note i would make sprites also but just thinking about the amount of wool and dye needed is a turn off for me:/

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
Eh i didnt notice any crash bugs in single player.
Knowing MC, SSP and SMP are pretty much separate games, and SMP is known to be much buggier.

On another note i would make sprites also but just thinking about the amount of wool and dye needed is a turn off for me:/
Do it anyway. BSoD made Ikubi Akius recently and legitimately, so it's not that much!
Bad command or file name

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
Just think about the 5200+ cubes of wool I need for my Weighted Companion Cube and it will be alright :D (though I don't need that many colors).

« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »
So 1.7.3 server until 1.9, or is it still undecided?
As of now, we're still undecided. It's been a week, but 1.8.1 still has some issues that I'm concerned about. The XP Orb lag issue (which EP claims is now fixed?) is a major concern, since we do have a bunch of lemmings running about. :V I'm also hesitant about the biomes being incomplete. If we make a new map for 1.8, and then have to make a new map for 1.9, then Doc is seriously going to have to choke a bitch. Blame Notch & Friends for wanting to make so many drastic changes to the game. (which are completely awesome, but TWO major updates is a bit of a pain.) We'll let everyone know when we're ready to update. Believe me, I'm just as anxious as all of you.

* Dr.Strafe politely guides Dr.Rawr over to the Evil Eye Sigma, as well as his other creations in SMP.
These are all legitimate, my boy. The Sigma took 30-35 stacks of wool, and a ton of revisions to get it to look right. It was also built before the Wool Center was even conceived, so every single sheep had to be hunted down individually. If it wasn't for the SheepFeed mod, things would have been even more difficult.

I built the Wool Center specifically to remove the tedium of hunting the sheep down yourself.  I hated spending 20 minutes searching, only to find one or two. My original Blue UFO (DDR's server) took FOREVER to find all of the necessary sheep. By using the Wool Center, all you need to focus on is the dye and the shears.

As far as making more sprites are concerned, I say go for it. I just might make one myself. We don't want Ikubi Akius to get lonely up there.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:17:57 PM by Dr.Strafe »

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJUBQd-PNM  "Revenge" - A Minecraft Parody of Usher's DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love - Crafted Using Noteblocks

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »
The XP Orb lag issue (which EP claims is now fixed?) is a major concern, since we do have a bunch of lemmings running about. :V
It's not fixed yet.

As far as making more sprites are concerned, I say go for it. I just might make one myself. We don't want Ikubi Akius to get lonely up there.
PX needs the sprites most. :V
Bad command or file name

BlackSparda

• Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »
strafe when we make a new map for 1.8 or 1.9 what will happen to the whole hakurei city

« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
strafe when we make a new map for 1.8 or 1.9 what will happen to the whole hakurei city
Since many people have been building there (including myself), I will save the entire city as one large schematic. I will be saving everything from the ground up, omitting anything underground. I'm not even sure if people have anything underground there, other than mineshafts. The city has a fairly large footprint, and I don't want to have to worry about depth as well.

BlackSparda

• Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »
Since many people have been building there (including myself), I will save the entire city as one large schematic. I will be saving everything from the ground up, omitting anything underground. I'm not even sure if people have anything underground there, other than mineshafts. The city has a fairly large footprint, and I don't want to have to worry about depth as well.
i am happy that the whole city will be saved           thx

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
A stable release of Bukkit for 1.8 does not exist yet, we won't be updating until at least then.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2011, 12:41:12 AM »
(2) The SERVER CRASH bugs (especially the EXP orb one, which seems worse than I thought) are fixed. Alternatively, if EXP orbs are disabled outright with mods.
There is a mod available (goes to minecraft_server.jar) that disables the orbs outright (and seems to work with latest version). For now, one major problem possibly solved!
(thanks Azure for pointing that out)
Bad command or file name

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #269 on: September 20, 2011, 02:24:16 AM »
IT IS DONE!

Some of you have really wanted to know what my secret project was. (mostly Strafe) NOW YOU KNOW!

[attach=1]
NONE OTHER THAN IKUBI AKIUS!
You can find it to the north-west of my house in the walled off place, whatever it's called. :V
(Be careful of creepers there though, since it's mostly lit, but some spots will spawn them anyway.)
IKUBI!  :* I lOVE IT! so that's what you were needing all that wool for. and here i thought it was going to be something Yukari related :V