Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 10)  (Read 51785 times)

Re: Reimu Quest (Part 10)
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2014, 10:18:39 PM »
Well. That was a thing.

> Lie there for a while and try to breathe, then try wriggling our extremities and our head to check for injuries.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2014, 10:25:16 PM »
> Lie there for a while and try to breathe, then try wriggling our extremities and our head to check for injuries.

> You lie motionless on the ground as you wait for your body to stop hurting.  Minutes crawl by, and you try moving your limbs.  You move your left arm and spasm in pain; there's a bloody patch on the wrist that you don't want to look at for too long.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »
> Try to get to our feet without using our left arm, float if we have to.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »
> Try to get to our feet without using our left arm, float if we have to.

> You put your weight on your right side and push off the ground into a float. 
> You recognize your surroundings as the Forest of Magic.  You're sure the mansion can't be far off.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »
> Well, at least we aimed well. Let's carefully float to the mansion, then see if Sakuya's willing to grab the magic healing teapot from our shrine or something.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »
> Well, at least we aimed well. Let's carefully float to the mansion, then see if Sakuya's willing to grab the magic healing teapot from our shrine or something.

> You fly along through the trees and continue on towards your destination.  Your wrist hurts, and you keep seeing shadows out of the corner of your eye.  No doubt the youkai of the forest have smelled your blood.  However, you clear the trees before they can even get any ideas.
> You are now at the edge of Misty Lake; you can see the Scarlet Devil Mansion on the other side.  You think you see someone at the gate.

> _

« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2014, 10:47:28 PM »
> Well, hopefully that's Meiling and not someone we'll need to smack around. We're sort of in no mood to mess around. Approach.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »
> Well, hopefully that's Meiling and not someone we'll need to smack around. We're sort of in no mood to mess around. Approach.

> You fly across the lake and approach the gate.  Meiling is sitting on a stool next to the gate, half-eaten apple in hand.  When you draw nearer, she notices you and nearly drops her food.
> "Whoa?!  What happened to your wrist?"

> _

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2014, 10:56:47 PM »
> Be as nonchalant as someone that's probably fractured a fifth of her everything can be.
> Only not, because that would mean that we'd be on the ground in pain.
> So, just act casual. "Rough landing. Is Yuuka still around? I wanted to pick her brain a bit."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »
> Be as nonchalant as someone that's probably fractured a fifth of her everything can be.
> Only not, because that would mean that we'd be on the ground in pain.
> So, just act casual. "Rough landing. Is Yuuka still around? I wanted to pick her brain a bit."

> You're having a really hard time composing yourself as it is.  Your voice strains as you ask for Yuuka.
> "Well, yeah..."  Meiling hops off the stool and goes to open the gate.  "You'd better do something about that injury, though."

> _

« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
> "Yeah. Can you, uh, ask Sakuya if she could run to my shrine? I have a magic teapot in..." Recall where we put that thing, and tell Meiling. "It should help. I'll owe you two if you can do that."
> "And, uh, if someone here has medical experience..."

Even if the injuries can't be healed, we aren't actually out of the fight just yet. There is almost literally nothing left for us to do in Gensokyo that we can do that no one else can't, but we can always continue to poke around the dreamworld. Hopefully injuries don't transfer over there.

Not that I can think of anything else to do. We have jack on leads, and Yukari could finish everything without input from us.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. The one thing we know we could probably due is set dream Konngara or someone else up as the successor on Sanae's end. That should satisify Yukari's desire to have another successor on hand.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:20:35 PM by Genesect »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »
> "Yeah. Can you, uh, ask Sakuya if she could run to my shrine? I have a magic teapot in..." Recall where we put that thing, and tell Meiling. "It should help. I'll owe you two if you can do that."
> "And, uh, if someone here has medical experience..."

> "Right.  Okay."  The gate swings open, and Meiling steps inside the mansion grounds.  "Lady Patchouli should be able to help you.  C'mon in."

> _

« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »
> Float on in behind her.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2014, 12:09:04 AM »
> Float on in behind her.

> You follow Meiling through the gate.  Once you're in, she closes and locks the gate.  The two of you proceed towards the front doors.  This time, you don't need to knock: Meiling opens the door for you, and you enter the mansion together.
> Inside, Meiling quickly flags down a passing faerie maid.
> "Hey, excuse me!"
> "Lady Meiling, you're away from the gate?" the faerie maid asks as she pushes up her glasses.
> "Kinda an emergency.  Couldja get Sakuya real quick, please?"
> The faerie maid nods, looking perplexed.  She doesn't seem to notice the state of your wrist.  "Okay."
> The maid bustles off, leaving you and Meiling in the foyer.

> _

« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »
> Let's idly chat with Meiling to pass the time and to not pay attention to the massive amounts of pain we're in. "So, uh, how was Koishi?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2014, 12:22:47 AM »
Didn't the healing teapot break? Or did it get fixed somehow?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »
> Let's idly chat with Meiling to pass the time and to not pay attention to the massive amounts of pain we're in. "So, uh, how was Koishi?"

> Your wrist hurts so badly, but you try not to pay attention to it.
> "The little satori?  Didn't even notice her come in or leave," says Meiling.  "I heard from Sakuya that she was well-behaved and that I have permission to let her through the gates, though."

> _

« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2014, 12:34:50 AM »
Kilga: It got cracked, not broken or shattered. I'm going with the assumption that it did so because it was put on direct heat, as opposed to magic wearing off or whatever. I believe it was mentioned that it's still good for healing.

If it DOES break because we overused it's magic, then it breaks and we don't lose anything for it. Then we break Rinnosuke for selling us faulty products.

> "That's, erm, that's good. And don't feel bad about not noticing her. She does that."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2014, 12:43:55 AM »
At this point I'm more concerned that it will break because it's cracked and we plan on using it again. Cracked vessels don't do so well when filled with water and heated.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »
> "That's, erm, that's good. And don't feel bad about not noticing her. She does that."

> "So like a special ability?  Good thing the black-white can't do that," says Meiling with a chuckle.

> _

« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »
That's why I'm wanting to heat the water first then put it in the pot. Hopefully that won't damage it any further. We can ask Patchouli to inspect it before we use it: if she deems it will break either because we overheat it or because we overuse the magic then we'll just deal with a broken wrist. Unless we've broken a lot of other things, in which case we're better off trying to get better quickly.

> "Koishi doesn't have sticky fingers like Marisa does." We think.
> Try to not keel over before someone else arrives.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2014, 01:09:05 AM »
> "Koishi doesn't have sticky fingers like Marisa does." We think.
> Try to not keel over before someone else arrives.

> You bite your lip to distract yourself from the pain, but it's failing fast.
> Meiling says something to you, but you don't catch her words.  You do, however, see Sakuya standing in front of you two.  You see the faerie maid who Meiling called out to earlier huffing and puffing as she runs down the hallway, followed by some more faerie maids.
> "What's going on here?" she says as her steely gaze trains itself on your wrist.
> "She wants you to go to your shrine and get a teapot or something," Meiling says.
> "She needs medical attention, not a teapot," Sakuya snaps.

> _

« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17:17 AM »
> Keep it short. "Magic healing teapot."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2014, 01:20:54 AM »
> Keep it short. "Magic healing teapot."

> Sakuya frowns.  "...Alright, then, but you're going to Lady Patchouli first.  Meiling, go back to the gate.  You faeries--"
> She whips around and points at the faerie maids who have congregated in the hallway.  They all freeze.
> "--get back to work."
> "Y-yes ma'am!"  The faerie maids scatter.  Meiling opens the door and heads back outside.
> "Feel better soon, red-white!" Meiling says on her way out.

> _

« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »
> Wiggle our right fingers as a farewell to Meiling, then turn to Sakuya. "Library?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2014, 01:55:13 AM »
> Wiggle our right fingers as a farewell to Meiling, then turn to Sakuya. "Library?"

> You give Meiling a weak wave.
> "Right.  Library," says Sakuya.  You blink, and suddenly you're in an unfamiliar bathroom.  The main feature is a combination of a bathtub and a shower, half-hidden by a shower curtain embroidered with roses.  A pile of books is crammed in one corner, held in a wicker basket.  Shelves house glass bottles, arranged by color and size.  Some incense sits on the sink, unlit.  Through the door you see the familiar bookshelves of the Voile Library.  Sakuya has you in her arms and is currently setting you down on a chair.  A hand towel has been wrapped around your wrist as a makeshift bandage.
> "The mistresses won't smell you from here," Sakuya tells you.  "Excuse me for a moment."
> She turns and suddenly blinks out of sight.

> _

« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2014, 02:19:00 AM »
> Oh, right. Vampires. Bleeding. Not the best of combinations.
> Nothing to do but wait. And hope they remembered to lock up Flandre.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:15 AM »
> Oh, right. Vampires. Bleeding. Not the best of combinations.
> Nothing to do but wait. And hope they remembered to lock up Flandre.

> At least Remilia would try to be classy about drinking your blood.  If Flandre finds you, you're toast.
> You sit in the bathroom for a few painful minutes, until Sakuya reappears with Patchouli.  Patchouli has a book under her arm, and wears a deep frown.  You see Koakuma peering around the doorway, eyebrows and headwings raised.  She picks at her teeth as she stares at your wrist.
> "Not now, Koa," Patchouli wheezes, and the demon turns on her heels and theatrically jogs away.  Sakuya, too, turns and leaves.  Patchouli looks at you, looks at your wrist, and sighs.

> _

« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2014, 02:36:22 AM »
> "If you think this looks bad, then you should see the other tree."
> Do we hurt anywhere else at the moment, now that we're being seen to?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2014, 02:48:45 AM »
> "If you think this looks bad, then you should see the other tree."
> Do we hurt anywhere else at the moment, now that we're being seen to?

> "Sorry, but I'll only be able to fix your wrist today," Patchouli deadpans in response.  She kneels down at your side, slips off your sleeve, and puts it in your lap.  Then, she takes off the hand towel and holds your wrist up with it.  Even though she's trying to be careful, you're still hit with bolts of pain.  She opens the book on her lap and starts murmuring under her breath.

> _