Author Topic: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)  (Read 67815 times)

Sana

• Good gravy!
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (SIGNUP AND RULES THREAD)
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 04:31:42 PM »
Alternative pegasi from the top of my head: Kogasa(You can use umbrellas like lances!), Tokiko(I don't know why)
I imagine Tokiko would sacrifice str and luck for skill and speed, Kogasa has above average luck, but lower def?

Way back on page 2 :V

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
Way back on page 2 :V

Aww dang, completely missed that. I'll take the Kogasa one (just for lulz), although Tokiko is somewhat of a stretch. Thing is, do you WANT a differently stat'd pegasus knight, or does Aya fit you?

Kogasa's stats would probably be something like good skill, but lowish res for a pegasus knight. (That way she can surpise you with her crits~)

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »
Aya seems like she wouldn't be very useful...She'll start doubling early, but she won't be able to do much damage considering she won't be able to crit very often. Kogasa seems fine, as long as her res isn't too low :>

AMZYoshio

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »
Aya seems like she wouldn't be very useful...She'll start doubling early, but she won't be able to do much damage considering she won't be able to crit very often. Kogasa seems fine, as long as her res isn't too low :>

Kogasa added, just for you. Also, her res depends on your luck I guess, considering it's baisedly random. Pegasus Knights have normally high RES, so her low RES will technically be a low-high, meaning averageish.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »
Also, Trance is a good man to consult about making the numbers dance in good ways. Trust me, he's torn the ass out of more RPGs than I have bones. He knows what he's doing.

I usually am as well, but I'm somewhat failing at making this work without the fallbacks that were already discussed.

This means that I'm going to tear apart the skills, and just adjust them to the normal FE skills. The point of me trying to change things up was to keep things interesting for people who know FE too much, but I guess I can't really avoid it. Those japanese people got it right the first time. It's going to be me basically looking up the norm for all the classes, as well as creatively making up the ones I made up based on the new skills.

After I tear up everything, I'll list out the algorithms for the different battle mechanics, so people can manually find out chances (Hit%, Mt, Crit%) for fighting enemies if they want. If they don't understand the algorithms, just feel free to ask someone else, including myself, and we'll spit out a chance sheet for you.

While I tear things up and re-appoint the classes their skills, please argue over who shall be Reimu, or at least who can be converted into a lord (Whoever is the lord will keep their weapons and general class usefulness, but be balanced out a little more, e.g. Making Tenshi lord would lower her defense and bring up her strength. Probably a bad idea, based on her current use.) Just to keep things fair, Clerics can't be lords, because you'll be protecting them anyway.  If it were me, I'd turn Sanae into the lord.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2010, 07:44:41 PM »
Can't blame you for switching.  Rebalancing rules is a massive pain, I've tried it before.

Feel free to throw us the growth rates, I've spent quite a chunk of time devising FE-style characters, so I've got a pretty good handle on how they work.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:07 PM »
Speaking of skills...Will there be an FE9-style skill system in this game? You know, where units can equip certain abilities and whatnot?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
Speaking of skills...Will there be an FE9-style skill system in this game? You know, where units can equip certain abilities and whatnot?

Probably not. I'm gonna keep it somewhat simple, like FE8 style (ish), mainly due to the fact that I'm already posting myself to a lot of work per battle.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
Probably not. I'm gonna keep it somewhat simple, like FE8 style (ish), mainly due to the fact that I'm already posting myself to a lot of work per battle.
All right, that works too.

One last question: will there be bonus EXP like in FE9? I really liked that feature, it beat trying to babysit weaker units.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
One last question: will there be bonus EXP like in FE9? I really liked that feature, it beat trying to babysit weaker units.

I was hoping for it, but it would be the rewards that are given out for completing a level on first try, so it will be not as frequent. E.g. Get X amount of EXP for beating the level on your first try, maybe X/2 on second, nothing for 3rd and so on.

Guess I forgot to stick that in the rules. Whatever, it's not important for the first level anyway.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2010, 02:18:14 AM »
I think that I'll make Byakuren a cleric now so we have a healer. 

AMZYoshio

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »
I think that I'll make Byakuren a cleric now so we have a healer.

Noted. And, just to make things easier for you, I'm going to add in an assortment of EXP-able actions for a cleric, because I know the cleric is always the one to class-up last. Also, that way you'll be more involved.

Also, for anyone who's reading it, the basic skills and such have been edited - skim through it, mainly about your own class probably, and see if it makes sense to you, and if I skipped something. Also, we still have the deal about the lord that needs to be solved.

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2010, 02:25:55 AM »
I'm willing to be the lord if push comes to shove.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »
Noted. And, just to make things easier for you, I'm going to add in an assortment of EXP-able actions for a cleric, because I know the cleric is always the one to class-up last. Also, that way you'll be more involved.

Huh?

For me, the cleric is almost never the one to class-up last >_>

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

AMZYoshio

« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2010, 02:46:39 AM »
For me, the cleric is almost never the one to class-up last >_>

Oh? Well, I'm also unusually lucky I guess, so I don't need healing as much. (that, and I probably use too many vulenaries.)

The things I was talking about, just so you don't think I'm breaking the game, is just a few more staves for them to plausibly use.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2010, 02:59:41 AM »
Considering it's a party of twelve... I'd say 2 clerics would be the best for us. 3 tanks, 2 mages, at least 1 archer, and at least 1 cavelier/pegasus knight.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2010, 03:13:45 AM »
Nah, I think one cleric would be fine if mages who level up are allowed to use staffs.  Are they?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2010, 03:14:32 AM »
Nah, I think one cleric would be fine if mages who level up are allowed to use staffs.  Are they?

All sage-type classes are, the Knight-types aren't.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2010, 06:00:44 AM »
If anyone's going to become Reimu, it should be Iku.

Of the mages, Alice has dolls, Rumia is perfect for a dark knight, Marisa just plain murders everything, and Patchy is basically Marisa with even more power but less speed.  Iku's main selling point is tanking magic, which doesn't sound bad, but it's a lot simpler to take care of enemy mages with cold steel, considering magic units are usually low-HP low-def unless they're endgame bosses.  And by that time, upgraded Byakuren will have light magic and won't be too bad at taking magic hits either.  So, yeah, Iku seems pretty expendable to me.

But if we're going to convert another unit into the lord, I think that it should probably be somebody that's close to average anyway.  Unfortunately, there's only one character in our lineup that fits the bill, and I personally don't want to be the lord.  So I'd much rather someone take Reimu, but if that falls through, then it is inevitable, and we are throwing Yukari out of the Hakurei Shrine permanently.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »
In that case, I'll drop Iku for Reimu if that's okay with everyone.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2010, 06:20:16 AM »
In that case, I'll drop Iku for Reimu if that's okay with everyone.

To be 100% honest, it's not everyone's choice, it's yours. As is anything you do on the battlefield - people can suggest things, and people can be smart, but in reality, if you say "Attack the Boss" when you have 1hp left and you're hoping for a crit, well, that's your problem. =D

I'm switching you to Reimu.

And, I'd like everyone to confirm their class, or dispute the current party. Once everyone confirms, we can get this thing going. (And I'll finally give you guys your stats.)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2010, 06:22:31 AM »
I'm confirming to /in as Meiling (Fighter).

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »
Confirming: Nazrin-Thief

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:58 AM »
Tenshi - Soldier

Confirmed

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2010, 06:34:31 AM »
Confirming Alice and dolls (Mage)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »
Green Cav, Sanae, reporting.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2010, 07:02:34 AM »
Confirming Byakuren Cleric.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2010, 07:18:49 AM »
Confirming on Rumia.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »
Confirming Reimu. Does she have a weapon set or can we choose?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »
Does she have a weapon set or can we choose?

If you mean types of weapons, it's swords. (In the rules n stuff. Read them people.)

If you mean specific types of swords, I choose your beginning items.