Author Topic: Crawl Relay Run - Over  (Read 107740 times)

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 43, MoTK : 6
« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »
@wolf

you need to press - to alter your image.
just toggle off all hats, clothes, boots etc, because the 'naked' image is actually patchy.

also nice try. too bad your unfamiliar with smoke demons and their abilities.
you may try a fire storm on them, because the blast can damage them....

my turn then?
expect an update on saturday, since i got uni.
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2009, 01:18:46 AM »
Actually, barasia, he never got the player.bmp because you refused to stick the two files together and keep the Suika saves, bone saves, Patch saves, and player.bmp together.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2009, 10:21:17 AM »
Post up a complete and clean file for me. I'll edit it into the OP. Include descriptions of the contents.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
oops. my bad.
ok this time i certainly WILL post the full version of the files, including the suika saves, bones and etc.

so this is what i'll do.
i'll download the most recent full saves, then simply replace my patchcy files in there then upload cause i dont have the most recent Suika saves.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2009, 02:59:06 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7e20b68ee6625f93d2db6fb9a8902bda

heres the current save file.
note that i replaced the old suika files with the current ones(i think).
i've also included the new tile.bmp
use that too.

forget Mystic Blast, Fireball, Shadow Creatures.
learned Lehudib's Crystal spear.

note that the current success rate reflects without weilding staffs of wizardry.
with the staff of wizards, its success rate is Excellent.

entering Demons territory.

Strategy used:
Enter new Territory.
Cast Detect Creatures.
See if its a Randart Panda lord.
if it is, see if its nearby.
if its nearby, try to kill it.
if its far away, jsut go to next level.

If its a unique Pandalord, stay on level to fight.

jsut as i entered, i just remembered: I DIDN'T BRING A SWORD OF DISTORTION. <Epic facebook palm>
(or jsut as ranned?)

First Opponent: Executioner!
Round One!

Turn One!
Patchy Fires!
Critical Head Shot!
Patchy wins!

Round2! Next Opponent: Fiend
Turn one!
Patchy fires!
Critical Head Shot!
Turn 2
Patchy fires!
Critical Head Shot!
Patchy wins!

Round3!
Opponents: Demon squad
Turn One!
Patchy Declares [Sun Sign] Royal Flare!
Critical Burns!

Turn Two!
Critical Burns!
Turn Three!
Critical Burns!

i suppose Patchy's power level is over 9000 by now...

some smart wizard tried to do danmaku with Patchy. Patchy retialiated with Powered Up Crystal Spear.

damn, she keeps teleporting.
after 3 cowardly escapes, i finally kill her using a hasted Crystal Spear spam.
(6 spears fired in total. 1 miss)

lol at randart names.

lol at luck.

lol at un-luck.
i think i'm going to wear that amulet of resist mutation now.

Oh yeah! another unique panda lord area(although i dont know her name...is it before PC98?)

in this special layout, theres many treasure vaults as seen here, did you know that?

officailly replacing the other ring which provides rFire,rIce,AC+3 (i dropped it in one of the vaults)
This ring is so epic, providing +wizard,rFire++,rIce++,rMagic

another good ring, although i'm not too sure about its usefulness.

after killing all those around, i have about 100 turns left.
you bet i'm going to fight the boss.

aww, she's still asleep. Patchy casts Haste, and engages in a  Epic Danmaku battle.

Strategy used:
use haste.
(on retrospect, i should have wear amulet of resist slowing, as it POWERS UP your Haste.)
Use Forescry
Use Deflect missiles
Wield Crystal ball of Energy. (Refill mana when mana reaches 30/50)
Spam Crystal spears.
Cast Abjuration to get rid of summons.

She fires several electric bolts and iron bolts, but thanks to Forescry and Deflect missiles, Patchy dodged them easy.
then she changes strategy and summons monster instead, but i jsut counter the summon with Abjuration.

and, my god, JUST HOW MANY CRYSTAL SPEARS DOES IT TAKE TO KILL YOU!
i must have fired more than 10-15 spears, with a Crystal Ball refill every 3 shots.

when she's almost dead, i use the staff of conjure to upgrade to Powered Up Crystal Spear, and took her down quickly, depleting my mana as well.

Patchy didn't even get a scratch. (Cerebrov, or who ever she is didn't even get beyond 3 tiles closer to Patchy)

After resting, getting the rune, and removing that curse on that fiery epic sword, i end my turn a little beyond my turn quota.
good luck on finding the other 2 runes.

NOTE: in one of the Special Runes map, the boss is a  Unique Killer Klown. the place is full of neqoxecs.
WEAR AMULET OF RESIST MUTATION!

in the other Special Map, its a Fortress of Metal walls.
its Full of Executioners and Death Crawlers.
the big boss, will fire a special cloud that poisons you SEVERELY and slows you down, much like the breath of a Death Drake.
WEAR AMULET OF RESIST SLOWING.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »
If no one minds, I would like to end the Suika run ASAP due to the Dwarf/Dorf/Suika Fortress thing starting up.  After Totaku's turn, I'd like to make a run that picks up the slime rune, goes straight to Zot and grabs the orb, if you guys don't mind.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »
If no one minds, I would like to end the Suika run ASAP due to the Dwarf/Dorf/Suika Fortress thing starting up.  After Totaku's turn, I'd like to make a run that picks up the slime rune, goes straight to Zot and grabs the orb, if you guys don't mind.
I don't really mind. That is while you at least try to level her up decently. I don't like the idea of a level 22 character in the Realm of Zot.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2009, 07:38:28 PM »
That's the fun part.  I've managed to get a level 15 character into Zot (Vampire Chaos Knight, Abyssal Rune, Snake Rune, and Swamp Rune) and jumped straight to level 25.  The rest was cake walk from there.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »
Hohoho go right ahead Ramus, looking at the current stand point, if things work out we may finish both charaters almost at the same time. XD

So where shall we go today?

Anyways...

Following after defeating Rena Ryuugu (HOW THE HECK DID SHE BECOME A DEMON LORD?!), Patchouli continued on her journey she continuously fought against demons as they kept popping up smaking all the strong ones with Crystal Spears! Eventually...

Her Earth magic increased...

And as she picked fights with weaker demons..

Her fighting skills increased. While we all know it's not exactly vital for her to learn this...it does however build her HP. I like to aim her to have at least level 5 fighting. Simply because by then she should have about 125 HP. I would feel more secure...

In fact being already at 107 HP was a bit...relaxing....

Panda Lord from the get go!

This guys wasnt all that bad. One burnination storm, and 3 crystal spears later and he fell....

Nothing special here.... a few demons, some food, that was about it...

Next area!

Oh joy, another strange area....let's see what we can find here...

Just as PAtch was beginning to explore, she confronted the ghost of Meiling!

If anyone knew Meiling from the last Crawl run, Meiling was quite dangerous she may have used her fists to do the fighting. But the damange she did was outragous, especially when she used bladehands!

Also I didn't know MEiling knew Symbol of Tourment?! Crap she hurts!!!

Patch had to be quick, she hasted, she fired crystal arrows.... within 3 shots later, Meiling fell and Patch had gain tons of experience.(Still proving that even as a frail magician, she can kick the arse of a doorgaurd that work at the mansion)

During the battle with the Panda lord Patch had to use blink a few times and...

I really should consider giving Patch Teleport Self sometime. Could come in useful...
(Also why didn't you bring the teleport wand Barasia?!!!)

Another floor...another pandalord....

Easy pickings... Oh and I got a scrool of Armor enchantment...

Used it on Patch's robe of resistance. Now it's +4 (Hooray!)

Next Pandaland floor...

Suddenly I feel like I'm in an area that gives me a sense of deja vu... have I been here before?

OH CRAP!!! EXECUTIONERSS!!!!!

Again I was on the terrible floor with all those executioners....

This is not going to be an easy trip haste, crystal spears and fire storms assue. PAtch kept the Executioners at bay while trying to recover MP...

Oh and I found gold dragon hide. Nice stuff if I had armor enchantment. But it would be wayyyyyyyy too heavy for patch. Not getting it...

She also found this wand..

Now this may actually come into use. I'll save it for later...

After slowing making to the inner chamber... she meets a new unspeakable evil...

EX RUMIA!!!!!!!

Now I forgot the exact name of this Panda Lord. But Ex Rumia is rather vicious. She's capable of slowing you down, shoot clouds of pestilince simalar to a death Drake (meaning lower max HP), Draining Bolts and even poions arrows! She is rather dangerous to fight even when hasted. Right from the get go she slow Patch down and drains some of her max HP down as she escaped. Eventually she even caught up to her.

Patch had to resort to blinking away from Ex-Rumia because it was the only way she could survive her for the moment as she was not prepared to battle her...

While blinking away from Ex Rumia, Patch sneaks in through the other side and...

The Dark Rune of Zot was found!

She takes out her firey funnel cloud and grabs the run..

After some recharging and some luck with her crystal ball Patch decides to return....

And face Ex Rumia!

HAsting herself right away she started firing her crystals spears at the powerful youkai of darkness and weaken her a bit before blinking and continued the assult until she fell.

Honestly though.... she was rather difficult to put out of misery.... Also Earth Magic up!

Next Floor!

More things as werid demons as usual...

Patchouli eventually comes across a large gate....would it be safe to enter?

Apperently not, it was filled with smoke demons and Feinds behind glass walls that attempted to smite Patch from the distance... she had to blink to escape from there assult.

(Barasia, I though Firestorm could go through glass wall. Patch nearly got killed by her own firestorm!)

After escaping from the smiting zone, Patch reach a hallway and confronts a Panda lord, but he was heavily guard and had the power to use hellfire! Patch was hurt badly and being down to 1 HP she was stuck and unable to do much as a last resort she used her scroll of teleportation and with alot of luck... she survived and blinked out of the chamber....

Patch spent the rest of the time recovering...

So as of this point, remeber the panda lord here can use hell fire which means he must be dealt with quickly.

Also you are out of scrolls of teleportation...one screw up here and your finished...

Someone forgot thier teleportation wand from the hive. :P

Anyways.... 3 unique runes down.... one to go. plus the common rune from here and Patch's rune hunt will be officially done.

Then it'll be off to Zot to finish her quest!

Ramus it's your go!

And I'm signing up again to (hopfully) finish off Pandaland!

And I just noticed this....

WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING THE LONG SWORD OF DISTROTION BARSASI!!!?!!

HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO GET OUT OF THIS EVIL PLACE WITHOUT IT!?!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:43:35 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2009, 07:41:41 PM »
Okay guys, we finish Suika's run here and now or bust.  I'm going to be covering the Vaults to get the third rune and from there, it's straight south to Zot.  Let's go!  And no, I don't expect to survive, but bite me.  Expect general applause and what not after this if I win.

So yeah, the vaults.  With a little less acid spitting monstrosities than the Slime Pits.  Also, god gift, WARPED Splint Mail.  +0 Splint Mail of the Devil.  -1 str, +2 dex.  SUCKS.

I head straight down.  At most, I'll stop by the Hall of Blades if I even see it.

Spinx.  An EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL creature.  It's not only smite happy, it also has the ability to stun lock you.  OH THE PAIN!  Good news is that I hit level 18, with 33 strength and 163 HP total.

Oh hey, hall of blades.  In we go!  And we come out with one short sword of distortion.  Good enough.

One very boring branch later and it's time for lots and lots of blood.  Note that Patch didn't get here until like level 25, we're here at 18.  RAGE ON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmU2R9lTivY

Epic song included.

First thing to do is open a scroll of teleportation and get out from the mob.

ENGAGE!

Two guards dead.

Three guards dead.

Four guards dead.

Eight guards dead.

OH LORD

QUICKSILVER DRAGON

This is the FASTEST dragon in the game, and SECOND FASTEST enemy in the game.  And it's going to RAAAAPPPPEEEE MMMMMEEEEEE

So I make it back up stairs only to meet Boris, the eviler twin of Borris.  Fun facts:  He's a lich.  He was once an adventurer who was a toy of Xom.  He never dies.  He always comes back.  He dies easily.

Ten guards dead.

:O

It's... it's beautiful... a tear comes to my eye when I see such an item.

And I die... to an EYEBALL.  More accurately, I died to an eyeball that stunned me when a lich decided to show up.  ;_;

Maybe next time we'll finish Suika's run.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »
@Totaku.

EPIC FIGHT WITH RUMIA!
well done. its the second hardest boss fight to me there, the hardest being Rena Ryuugu (is that right?), cause she takes more tahn 20 crystal spears to kill.
so, well done again, considering you didn't listen to me and used amulet of resist slowing to coutner the slowing effect.

oh yeah. sorry about the mix up about the fire storm.......
i got confused because i remember in a different version, some firestorms can go through windows.......
im still not sure about 1.5.1

NOTICE:
in .5.1, THERES NEW MINI VAULTS.
these didn't appear in .5 due to a bug, SO GET 1.5.1!!!
if we want to start a new character, i vote Remilia, the vampire death knight.
or Komachi the human fighter(spear)
Flandre the vampire Evocator
Reimu the human paladin
Sakuya the spriggan/human assasin

if possible, i can gap hax a matching artefact for the characters
Scythe "Finisher" for Komachi. (Glaive of the Guard is too epic for her)
Vampire Tooth for Remilia (Sword of Doom Knight is more Rumia than Remilia no?)
Sceptre of Asmodues/ Staff of dispater Staff of olgreb for Flandre
Sword of Jihad for Reimu
Spriggan knife for Sakuya

its cheating of course, but in the name of imagery.

i assume its my turn now, so i'm pretty sure i can kill the next boss, and end this darn Pandaland run.
expect update by........er.......crap. i ahve tests!
nevermind.
skip my turn for now.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:35:17 PM by barasia »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »
Totaku just finished his turn is will be posting shortly.  After that, it's my turn, and I guess (IF I don't die) I'll be finishing the game.

Totaku

« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
Ok, it's time for another update!

When we last left off...Patch was exploring the depths of Pandemonium trying to obtain the last two runes before leaving...will she succeed?

She decided to continue resting as she wanted to prepare for the worst...but just then the Panda Lord comes bursting through the door! Ready as ever!

PAtch had no choice but the battle him right there and then. She hasted her self and blasted the brute with Crystal spears! And then finshed him off with a fire storm as he summoned demon buddies to his aid...

With that Patch waited for the fire to die down before she walked into the area once more and blinked her way across the Smite zone. (Boy them demons are smart to set up such clever defenses. :P)

She then travels up the hall where the panda lord stood and to her surprise....

She discovered the Demonic Rune!!!

One more Rune to go!!!

Patch takes a portal and ends up in a new place....it looked rather stange...lost of abominations and unoyxls or whatever they're called (I rather call them the Purple Chuthlus because of thier appearance. :P )

Anyways, they were all easy picking but just as if things couldn't get more crazy...

We have the grand youkai of the gaps here...

Yukari!

And just like you'd expect Yukari to do... she was sound asleep. :P Though her demonic buddy was awake and chase patch a bit....

After taking him down. Patch regained her mana and hasted herself and battled Yukari.

PAtched launched a crystal spear that woke up yukari as it impaled her. She began charge forward as she continued to lauch more spears...infact she did very little...at most she summon a few demons.... but she was then nuked and further impaled by another spear before she finally gave in.

Sad....she didn't even try to give it her all... just like she really is. :P

Without Yukari's defeat however this meant Patch finally obtained the last rune....

The Glowing rune!

With that, Patchouli has now obtained all 5 runes from Pandemonium!!!

She now has to find a way to escape...

Thanks to the fact the the sword of distortion was left behind in the hive, patch could not find an easy way out. She would need to either...find a Pandalord who can banish her....or...

Find a zot trap and step on it till it banished her...

It took about 50 or so tries... As the trap kept releasing demons being mutated and other crap but refusing to banish her...

Still...after taking so long...she was able to escape into the abyss through the zot trap!!!

The trip in the abyss was rather quick because within a few turns she was able to find an exit and escape!

With that Patchouli returned to the hive where she dropped off her runes....thus ending her turn...

Next time, Patchouli will now make an attempt to GO FOR THE ORB! For it is now time to end her quest though this place!

Here's where her mutations stand.

Considering where we are in the point of the dungeon, now, most of these mutations will not be a bother for Patch and her quest... There will be plenty of meat where she'd heading to next. It's just a matter of how quickly she'll get the job done. Oh and yes I down some potions of mutation. She had less mana, but recovered from that, and she also now has blue scales covering part of her.... the rest were side effect from the zot trap's radiation...

Anyways...Signing up again!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:08:36 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
you know you cans just use evoke sense surrounds to find a portal to the abbyss yes?
simply continue through the panda zoo till you find that portal.
the shout uncontrollably will be annoying........as well as fast metabolism.

tip: LEARN ALISTAIR'S INTOXICATION.
use it against those draconians.
i still skip my turn, so go ahead and end the game totaku.
if you can, use Shatter to make a QUICK get the orb strategy, instead of fighting tons of baddies to get there.
thoes ancient liches and orbs of fire and TOO powerful.
when you get the orb, control teleport out and end the game~ with all the runes of course for epic scores.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:05 AM »
Well, if I don't mess this up (I've been having a bad history of that), the game should end here or be close to ending with Totaku finishing it.

First off, switch to the Archmagi Robe and pimp it up to +7 with some scrolls of enchant armor.  Patch has effectively lost any ability to learn more magic BUT in exchange we now have even more powerful spells.

Final stats:

Final spells:

And, barasia, no.  Instead we get a better spell, which invokes hibernation onto cold blooded enemies, like Draconians.  Badass.

With three runes, we move onto Zot.

Welcome to Zot, the most purple endgame area you'll ever see.  I'll admit, I don't know much about these enemies because I've only been here a handful of times.  Just know, most of them hurt you bad.

Like the Moth of Wrath.  It's hairy, it moves fast, hits hard, and mutates.  Joy joy.

I make the decision to head straight down.  There's nothing left in this game to do but end it.  (Also, Ghost Rena the Berserker with artifact dragon armor and an artifact executioner's axe of speed not to mention the ability to control blinks is on all five floors of this place and I don't care to meet her.)

The Death Cob.

I'll just be giving you in game descriptions at this point because these things go off the edge of sanity.

A dreadful undead cob of maize.  Look, this one was probably a mistake.  We're sorry.

Draconian, in the poisonous lime flavor.  Shoot to kill, these things have some nasty poison.

Ah crud.  Black is negative energy, white is, ah, ice?  And purple is sticky flames.

I know Choke Point Fu.

AH HA HA!  BURN!

Final floor, final destination.

Of course, how else to top off an epic roguelike than to have to fight Mima in the final area?

A fat, evil wizard in a stupid-looking hat.

Actual in game description.  Sounds pretty accurate, minus the fat part.

Patchouli, can you overcome this final test?

Also has the BEST in game quotes for Mima.
Painfully easy.  Three crystal spears and she's done for.  Oh well, we've championed our last test before the Orb, let's put on some more fitting music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewmCDZN57Rc&feature=PlayList&p=70F8ADE443A915A7&index=141

Listen to it in Hi-Def for full epicness.

Mannosuke!  One of the many that guard the Zot Orb.  Fiendishly durable and fast, they mow you down.

Zot trap, GACK!  Poison cloud.

Norris, eviller twin of Noris.  Unlike Noris, he never died.  And he's always ready to kick your ass. He's so radical he doesn't need armor.  Wields magic and is an awesome fighter.  He dies.

I run back up to recover some MP and HP.

OH NO!  RENA, the legendary demigod berserker with the ability to haste, might, berserk, and is invunerable to most forms of magic.  ;_;

SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR DIE DIE DIE

Survival.

Anyway...

Where is everyone?
Oh wait, there's a King Lich.  Die by the hands of my spear.

OH SHI- The crystal ball just sucked out all of my MP.  SHIT SHIT SHIT

And dead.  Damn ball.

Good luck Totaku, don't use that crystal ball too much.  And I'm resigning up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:39:30 PM by Ramus »

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2009, 01:19:50 AM »
epic fail.
i prefer Alistair's intoxication because its 100% success rate, compared to hibernation.....

when you cast hibernation, they MAY NOT FALL ALSEEP.
plus its sucks because they just wake back up when you hit them.

suikas ability to make everyone happy (ie intoxication) will GUARENTEE they all become intoxicated and cant do shit.
try it please.

oh yes its embarrasing isn't it? being ended by your own crystal ball.

Note: if you REALLY want to, learn Dispel undead.
it does epic damage to ghosts.
no misses.
no resistances.
while your spears can very much miss ghosts sometimes.

if totaku dies AGAIN, i will take my turn.

i will officially cleanse my system first, using cure mutation.
then learn Intoxication, Cast noise, Shatter.
forgetting Abominations, detect curse, sandblast and what not.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:23:06 AM by barasia »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2009, 02:30:21 AM »
Oh god damn get the orb and run!

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
if totaku dies AGAIN, i will take my turn.

First off, you're an ass for constantly need to insult everyone else who plays in this thread and demand that Patch be built up how you want.

Second off, you're not next because I already claimed my turn before you resigned up.

Totaku

« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
Ok I'm done with my run and here's what happened!

As we know, Patch is currently at the hive trying to decide on how to take care of getting the orb... she planned out her equipment..

(I agreed with Ramus design on the most part I only did a few small changes...)

And rearranged her spell list.....

Now she's armed to the teeth with deadly offensive magic!

Now it's time to get the orb!

Welcome to the Realm of Zot! Where the most bizzare and dangerous creature exsist and everything is here to guard the orb so Patch my keep her guard up!

In most of the process Patch basiclly just rushed through the floors because it was bound to be intense if she stayed to long on each floor....

Let's meet some of the friendly fokes of the Zot verse....

This here is a Draconian. The most basic kind of Draconian. They're basiclly half human/ half dragon. And are rather strong..

One thing everything must know regarding a draconian is thier color....Each draconian has a unique color that represents thier abilities....

Red ones breath fire and are fire resistant
White ones breath ice and are ice resistant
Pale ones breath steam...good for a hot bath. :P
Black ones breath Electricity, and are resistant to electricity
Green ones breath poisonous gases and are partially resistant to poison.
Purple one breath out energy blasts. Not strong against any element though...
Moltted ones breath out flames...sticky flames....good for burning your scrolls!
And finally the yellow ones....breath acid....good for corroding your equipment.

A rather deadly combination if you run into a bunch of these...at once, but even alone a draconian can still be a threat...treat them with caution!

Might as well try Ice Storm...

This Ice Storm spell is nice, but now that I see it, it doesn't compare to Fire Storm... Ice Storm is more like an Super powered version of the Bolt of Ice that explodes upon impact and released ice vapors for extra damage....much preffer the Firey explosion that makes  fire tornados.... but I'll be using it anyways...

This Draconian here is a shifter. Capable of using translacation spells. Not all that tough though...

And behind him is a Scorcherer. A draconian that lovers to play with mid to high rank spells.

Ramus forgot to being up the fact that Moths of Wrath can also at time make a target beserk. And they will make anyone and I mean ANYONE go beserk. So if this guy is near a powerful draconian...WATCH OUT! Kill it quickly before he makes a party full of RRAAAAAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!

Draconian Knights....the tanks of draconians. Mean and and tough. Hard hitter and of course they have thier breath. :P Regardless take them out in the distance with Patch.

Draconian Annialator, Strong in magic, especialy destrcutive magic... and can hurt! Take out quickly....

And this is Minoriko (The death cob). Quick, agressive meleers. Simply burn them and they'll fall rather quick... Why have Minoriko as a death cob? Com'on when the last time you had corn fight and not think of her possibly?

Somehow I found a shaft in the zot realm that got me down to floor 4.... how interesting..

This guy here is the Killer Klown. Because spelling things with k is kool. Reason this guy is dangerous is kause he basiclly will try to blink to you if possibily and then attempt to hit out in any possible weird style that they can. Wether it's using trip wires, karate kicks you, flips. You get hit by him, expect to be burned, forzen or drained. They're rather obnoxious... But that's a klown for ya....Kill the klown with fire or cie or whatever...

Other guys I didn't mention:

Cursed Toe: A floating toe that runs around is rather tough and hard to fight. They will fight you and the possibly summon demons and undead to aid them... also give you some food fungus to fight. XP

Draconian Zealot: BAsiclly a draconian with high rank magic. Every dangerous if left alone, take them out quickly!

Draconian Summoner: Summons Dragons of many types. Can be dangeroud....

Now...ON TO FLOOR 5!

On floor 5 things will only get harder...especially since the orb of zot is nearby....

Will patch get it?

Then Patch confronts a Rena's Ghost.... Rather viscious user, cast fire and haste herself.

WEnt down 3 shots

Patch ventures forward an confronts the manly guardian that protect the Orb!...The Orb Guadians (AKA Mannosukes!)

So many manly guardians.... it's not funny!

Then we got an old abnoxious enemy....The Acient Lich!!!

Thanfully Crystal Spears work wonders on these guys. XD

Now up here is a new face. A rather menacing creature known as the Electrical Golem...
Extremly fast, blinks like crazy and loves to shoot lightning at you. Without insulation these guys would HURT!

But thankfully Patch is better off than that...

Now here is one of the other things that guard the orb....

The Orbs of Flre. These balls of fire fly around and fire flames at you constantly. Fire protection is a must... They are also well protected against most attacks an magic. But to make things worse...they can mutate you too! So you need to be either really strong... or.. blast them with Crystal spears! They're surprisingly weak to that.

Here it is! At last! The Orb of Zot is in sight! So close yet so far!! And it's surrounded by manly guardians!

I don't think words can even describe this here.... this is just creepy if you can somehow depict it in your heads....

After defeating the manly guardians....Patchouli finally reached the orb!

Now let's get the heck out of here!!

Things that you should know....

Once you get the orb of zot it becomes a mad dash to get out of the place alive in one piece. Why? Because the moment you get the orb...every demon in the neighborhood will start coming after you!

They can range from very weak demons, or undead, to even Pandemonium Lords! They all have thier sights set on killing you on the spot! So you must make haste if you wish to live...

Using the ring that allowed her to control teleport. Patch teleported her way to the stairs and started running up! Her main complication was the 3rd floor as she fell through a shaft and didn't find any stairs to go up or down in. So Patch had to fight though several draconians and demons while looking for a way up... Thankfully she was able to find a path and keep running up...

She eventually leaves the zot realm and makes a run to the hive! She drops a massive number of her goods she used on her journey and gathered the runes she had collected....all 15 of them! While the demons attempted to attack her!

She blinks and starts making a run up the dungeon...only 14 floors to climb!

At last she was nearly done! She went through most of the floors with little dificulty and now she's about to reach the 1st floor!

Find the stairs and get out of there and Patch's mission is complete!

One final obstical stood over Patch however...a pit fiend...who apperently knew how to use Hellfire. Patch was able to get the under hand of the demon. But she nearly got killed by it in the process...realizing the situation she deicded it would be best to control teleport to her locations...

And so she made it!

She escaped from the evil dungeon! With the Orb of Zot! And 15 runes!

Here's the final results!

And her final score!

7431970 points!!

Now that was one hell of a run... now maybe we should try to 1cc? This for the good ending? lolololol. Ok I'm kidding. But yeah Patch's run is over!

It's now down to Suika!

I'll figure out if I'll sign up to help Suika Melee through the mess that she must face...she's got a rather uphill battle for her here...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:39:31 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2009, 01:55:36 PM »

Well, congrats, Totaku.  Now to finish Suika and we can put Crawl down for a good long time.   Three rune run go!

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #350 on: August 17, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »
well played totaku.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »
Okay, let's try this again.  I'll skip a bunch of pictures and just head to the bottom of the dungeon looking for...something...?

Along the way, I get:

Golden Dragon Armor, buffed up to +2.
Ring of Qonah (+3 Dex, Nr+)
Shaolin Ring (+8 EV)

Welcome to floor 21.

Three hell knights, five yaks, one unique, and one necromancer later, and I got a whip of distortion.  I know where we'll get the last rune.

No, not Hell.  Not the Abyss either, that takes forever.  We're going into Panda Land, hopefully grabbing a rune and hopping on out.

Bloody Hell.  (Pun very intended)

Panda Lord.  Means we're near a rune.  No wait, no rune?  Huh, moving on then.

Not worth it.

Summon Ugly Things Spam!

Victory?  Anyone ready for Zot?

The Abyss, my lovely home (sorta).  It's all smooth sailing from here.

Gift from Yuka~

Badass cloak.  I escape the Abyss, grab the three runes and make the final descent.

Dr. Incognito, Dwarf Fighter apparently.

And this descent is boring...

I TAKE THAT BACK!  QUICKSiLVER DRAGGGGGGOOOOONNNNNN!  IT'S GOING TO RAAAAAPPPPPEEEEEE MMMMMEEEEEE!

Ha ha, just kidding.  I kill it easy.

Badass ring.  48 AC.

Time to end this.

Final stats before Zot.  Also, Suika is having trouble with the Draconians, so help her if Rena shows up.

LEVEL 20!

Draconians hurt real bad.

Boris, on the other hand, dies very quickly.

THE TENTACLES!  SO MANY TENTACLES!  Really, loads of abombinations out of no where for no real reason.

Banished to the Abyss thanks to a Draconian.  And back, piece of cake.

SHAFTED TO FLOOR 4!

LEVEL 21!

It's the FINAL SHOWDOWN!  Time for fitting music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtPu_srgpFs&feature=related

Mannosukes by the quarter of a dozen.

DRAGONS!  AND LOTS OF THEM!  They're easy though since I got the proper element protection (unlike a certain magician).

King Lich, super fueled with dark energy and evil magic.  Can and will crystal spear you to death and abuse his summoning powers.
Killer Klown, probably the most badass enemy in the game, you can not grasp the true nature of its attacks.

Badass IF he quits messing around and actually fight me.

No really, he is a threat when he actually tries.

RUN FASTER SUIKA!  YOU'RE ALMOST DEAD!

We have a high concetration of MANLINESS!  APPROACHING OVERLOAD!

Activate teleportation!

I run straight to the stairs with hasting.

You know the world is going to hell when hippos are appearing out of thin air.

No really, they're everywhere.

Good thing I invested some attack into that spiked flail of holy wrath.

On August 18, 2009, Ibuki Suika escaped the Zot Dungeon with the Zot Orb at level 21.

Welcome back to the surface world Suika!  This is the end of this Crawl Relay.  Let's not have another one for a good long time.

TIME TO PARTY!  SWEET VICTORY!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
Congrats!

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2009, 09:32:03 AM »
epic would read again

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2009, 01:39:07 PM »
woo congrats =D

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Over
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »
Congratulations you guys. That was quite the long adventure.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »
Until next time (in which Sakuya will be likely chosen as the ONLY character), I will be working on a few things for the game:

-Dual wielding short blades, this does mean two daggers for Sakuya if I get it working.  Actually, any one handed weapon and a short balde from what I'm working on (aka, Youmu with a saber and katana).
-Human race that doesn't suck.

Hopefully the Crawl team accepts this stuff.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »
-Dual wielding short blades
You bet.

Totaku

« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2009, 08:57:23 PM »
Personally I'm impressed with this run in general

Patchouli got all the runes possible along with the orb in the game (took 3 days of gameplay to do.)

And Suika obtained the orb without reaching max level! (Only 21! and did it in 12 hours)

I look forward to the next game...When ever that'll be. ^^
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
the next game will involve crawl ver 1.5.1 (or later if dual blades comes in).
mission?

Not the Orb of Zot.
your mission to get to Level 27 Ziggurat.

i have a pic of me fighting up to 20 Daevas(with angels backups) in lvl27 Ziggurat.
i died of course T.T.

other dangers include an army of orc warlords, an army of Pandalords(more than 20 Pandalords=epic death), and so on.

Ziggurat is considered to be Phantasm of Crawl, so do try it.