Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 3)  (Read 68193 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Parsee Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #810 on: February 15, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »
>"Yeah, and she already pretty much kidnapped Utsuho and left her owner completely distraught. I don't really see what's there for you to do. She's already tricked Utsuho into committing murder anyways. What's she scouting for? People who probably don't want moon bits raining down on them?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #811 on: February 15, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »
>"Yeah, and she already pretty much kidnapped Utsuho and left her owner completely distraught. I don't really see what's there for you to do. She's already tricked Utsuho into committing murder anyways. What's she scouting for? People who probably don't want moon bits raining down on them?"

> "Scout? For what? The moon's right there, it's not like you need to go anywhere to find it."
> If Konngara starts to make her move, distract the wolf girl with questions.

> Konngara doesn't say anything.
> You as the wolf girl why the tengu are out scouting.
> "We're looking for other survivors, taking scope," the wolf girl says.  "The mountains closest to us were also inhabited."
> While the wolf girl is explaining, Sanae comes out of the shrine.  She's wearing shrine maiden clothes now.  Well, she spent the night at the Palace, if Satori lent her clothes she probably wasn't allowed to keep them.
> Konngara walks up to her.  "Well, it doesn't look like your goddess is going to be returning Utsuho any time soon."
> "Well..."  Sanae fidgets.
> "...Those clothes?"
> "'Cause I'm a shrine maiden!"  Sanae seems happier to talk about that.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #812 on: February 15, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
> "Hasn't it been a couple of months? What took so long to look for survivors?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #813 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
> "Hasn't it been a couple of months? What took so long to look for survivors?"

> The wolf girl averts her gaze.  "We've been...disorganized..."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #814 on: February 15, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »
>"Yeah, really. Was Queen Moonblaster over there spending the whole time doing that windy thing?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #815 on: February 15, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
>"Yeah, really. Was Queen Moonblaster over there spending the whole time doing that windy thing?"

> "She tried contacting us a few times, but we didn't want anyone from outside the Tengu establishment..."  She doesn't seem to like talking about this.
> During the awkward silence that follows, you hear a few tengu squawk and jump into the air, and see the top of Kogasa's umbrella.

> _

« Reply #816 on: February 15, 2011, 08:06:26 PM »
> Glance over at Kogasa, see what that was all about.
> Also glance at Konngara.
> "Well, what changed? You guys got here in a hurry as soon as Yasaka decided to stop screwing around."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #817 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
> Glance over at Kogasa, see what that was all about.
> Also glance at Konngara.
> "Well, what changed? You guys got here in a hurry as soon as Yasaka decided to stop screwing around."

> It looks like Kogasa just scared a bunch of tengu by jumping out at them.
> Sanae is still talking to Konngara, most likely about the alien invasion judging by how wildly she's moving her arms.  Konngara says something and nods in Kogasa's direction.  Sanae nods and continues to talk
> "Ha...That's none of your concern," the wolf girl says cooly.  Her tone sounds more business-like than flat-out rude, though.

> _

« Reply #818 on: February 15, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
> Damn it, if Konngara's going to kidnap Sanae, why doesn't she hurry up and do it?
> "Fair enough. So what's the kappa doing here, then? Yasaka wants something built?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #819 on: February 15, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »
> Damn it, if Konngara's going to kidnap Sanae, why doesn't she hurry up and do it?
> "Fair enough. So what's the kappa doing here, then? Yasaka wants something built?"

> Because she's right where Yasaka can see her.
> "Well, they are known for their skills in that field..."
> Huh?  Where'd Konngara and Sanae go?
> You see Kogasa run past you at full speed and fly off the shrine steps.

> _

« Reply #820 on: February 15, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
> Ah, looks like she made her move. Let's wait a bit: this wolf seems like one of the few competent people here, so the longer we can keep her distracted, the better.
> "So, what are they gonna do, make a giant catapult to fire rocks at the moon or something?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #821 on: February 15, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »
> Ah, looks like she made her move. Let's wait a bit: this wolf seems like one of the few competent people here, so the longer we can keep her distracted, the better.
> "So, what are they gonna do, make a giant catapult to fire rocks at the moon or something?"

> It's about time.  Yasaka is holding some sort of sealing amulet and talking with a small group of tengu, so she hasn't noticed anything.
> "Reconstruction around the mountain, I imagine.  Everyone got hit pretty hard.  I heard she was going to send some kappa to the Human Village as well."

> _

« Reply #822 on: February 15, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »
> "For rebuilding? Will the humans be okay with that? Plus, it looks like the humans were doing well on their own last I saw them."
> Hm... we should probably leave soon... we could stop to chat with Nitori, but if we don't want to deal with Yasaka, might be good to get going.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:53:52 PM by Sect »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #823 on: February 15, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »
> "For rebuilding? Will the humans be okay with that? Plus, it looks like the humans were doing well on their own last I saw them."
> Hm... we should probably leave soon... we could stop to chat with Nitori, but if we don't want to deal with Yasaka, might be good to get going.

> "Well, kappa like humans...I don't think it should be a problem, although they're timid around non-youkai."  The wolf girl glances at Nitori, concerned.
> You think that leaving once you've talked with Nitori is a good idea.  Better not let Yasaka know about what Konngara plans to do.

> _

« Reply #824 on: February 15, 2011, 09:03:09 PM »
> "Doesn't really mean that humans like kappa, but I guess it's a start. It's been nice talkin' with ya. Good luck."
> Walk over to Nitori. She still moping?
> "Hey, ya pervy kappa." Try to sound like we're joking with her.
> "Ya know, I found an arm that looks just like yours at Kourin's shop."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #825 on: February 15, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »
> "Doesn't really mean that humans like kappa, but I guess it's a start. It's been nice talkin' with ya. Good luck."
> Walk over to Nitori. She still moping?
> "Hey, ya pervy kappa." Try to sound like we're joking with her.
> "Ya know, I found an arm that looks just like yours at Kourin's shop."

> "I suppose."
> You bid the wolf girl farewell and walk over to Nitori.  She's still cowering behind the onabashira, but she seems a bit calmer.  Hina is still sitting with her.
> She looks up when you greet her, and laughs a little.  Looks like she has a decent sense of humor at least.
> "R-really?  The original?!"  She jumps to her feet.  "Is the rest of my backpack there, too?"

> _

« Reply #826 on: February 15, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »
> "Dunno, I didn't see a backpack. If you want, I can take you to the shop." It'll give us a really good excuse to vamoose.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #827 on: February 15, 2011, 09:13:30 PM »
> "Dunno, I didn't see a backpack. If you want, I can take you to the shop." It'll give us a really good excuse to vamoose.

> "Aw..."  Nitori seems to wilt.  "I-I wouldn't mind going there to see it for myself, though."
> Good excuse to get out of here.

> _

« Reply #828 on: February 15, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »
> "Well, c'mon, then. No sense in sitting around when you can go see yourself." Pull her to her feet.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #829 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
> "Well, c'mon, then. No sense in sitting around when you can go see yourself." Pull her to her feet.

> You pull Nitori to her feet.  Hina grins.
> "Tell me if you see anyone suffering, so I can take their misfortune," she tells Nitori.
> "Okay."

> _

« Reply #830 on: February 15, 2011, 09:19:59 PM »
> Man, what a creep.
> "Okay then, let's get going." And we're walking casually, and we're walking casually...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #831 on: February 15, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
> Man, what a creep.
> "Okay then, let's get going." And we're walking casually, and we're walking casually...

> It's Schadenfreude!
> You and Nitori walk out of the shrine.  It takes everything you have not to run out at full speed, but you make it out without any disruptions.
> As you descend the mountain, Nitori takes a cucumber out of her pocket and starts eating it.  You're not surprised.

> _

« Reply #832 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »
> "So, do kappa really drink cucumber flavored beer?"
> Keep an eye out for anyone following us.
> "So what's this about you losing a backpack?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #833 on: February 15, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »
> "So, do kappa really drink cucumber flavored beer?"
> Keep an eye out for anyone following us.
> "So what's this about you losing a backpack?"

> Nitori nearly chokes on her food.  "H-how did that get out?"
> There's no one following you, as far as you can tell.
> Nitori looks down.  "During the huge commotion..."  Kikuri attacking?  "...I dropped my backpack in a field, but it was gone when I went back later to get it...I had Outside World stuff in there," she laments.  Her eyes well up.

> _

« Reply #834 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »
> "I thought that kappa drinking cucumber flavored beer was pretty common knowledge. Heck, most of us thought it was a joke."
> Would Yuugi drink cucumber flavored beer? It sounds a bit nasty, but oni drink weird stuff sometimes.
> "Your arm thingy was with your backpack, right? If that's the case, there's a good chance Kourin has it."
> And we're walking, and we're walking...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #835 on: February 15, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
> "I thought that kappa drinking cucumber flavored beer was pretty common knowledge. Heck, most of us thought it was a joke."
> Would Yuugi drink cucumber flavored beer? It sounds a bit nasty, but oni drink weird stuff sometimes.
> "Your arm thingy was with your backpack, right? If that's the case, there's a good chance Kourin has it."
> And we're walking, and we're walking...

> "I-it is a common drink, but we weren't betting on it being so well-known...we were going to sell it around Gensokyo, too...this isn't good at all."
> It depends how drunk it would get her.
> "Maybe..."
> After a while of walking, you and Nitori finally reach Kourindou.  The trees are rustling, and at the same time you hear voices coming from inside the shop.

> _

« Reply #836 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »
> Ask Nitori while entering: "But wouldn't it be better to sell a drink that everyone knows about than one that no one knows what it is?"
> Look around. Who's here?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #837 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
>Take stock of what's here, too.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #838 on: February 15, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »
> Ask Nitori while entering: "But wouldn't it be better to sell a drink that everyone knows about than one that no one knows what it is?"
> Look around. Who's here?

> "But everyone would be surprised and drink it out of curiosity," Nitori says.
> The first thing you notice is that Kourin is back.  There's a girl with brown clothes and sparrow wings tweeting at him.  Tokiko is hiding behind Kourin.
> "But what I'm saying is that while it's okay to eat a few bugs--I mean, we birds have to eat, too--you've eaten way too many of them.  They were Wriggle's friends, you know!"
> "L-l-like you said, birds need to eat, too!"

>Take stock of what's here, too.

Kourindou's Inventory:

> Green beret
  > It's a worn out green hat with some frills along the edges.  Who did this belong to?
> Book - "Little Red Riding Hood"
  > What language is this...?
> Bottle of soot
  > It's not a bottle of Koishi, but it is very pretty.  It also seems to have soot in it.
> Extending Arm
  > It has a metal claw on it.  You'd hate to be on the recieving end of that.
> Knife
  > A knife with dried blood on it.  That certainly isn't shady.
> "Pocky Box"
  > A small cardboard box bearing a picture of some weird biscuit-looking things and the word "Glico".
> Strange plastic contraption
  > A clunky, rectangular thing with buttons labelled with letters like "A" and "B" and arrows...
> Wicker basket
  > Self-explanatory.
> Tea set
  > A tea set on display in a nice basket.  Unfortunately, there's a note on it that says "reserved".
> Camera
  > It looks rather different from the cameras you've seen in your lifetime.
> Towel
  > An inconspicuous, fluffy white towel.

> Nitori points to the Extending Arm.  "There it is!  It's a miracle!"

> _

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #839 on: February 15, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »
>Let's see what's up with Rinnosuke and that talk.
>Let Nitori do here whatever she wants. We made our escape nicely.

Parsee's in love with an alcoholic woman... sounds sad, actually ;(

Mokou Fan