Author Topic: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN.  (Read 54469 times)

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
Re: GOD DAMNIT CHAORE Mafia (A.k.a. Mafia RPG!) - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN.
« Reply #570 on: February 23, 2011, 12:46:48 AM »
If you intentionally sacrifice performance or tactical ground in a current game in the name of getting an advantage in future games, then perhaps this is not the site for you.

Though if I hear this one more fucking time, I might have to murder someone. It seems like everyone on this site thinks Principle is just some piece of crap I conveniently gave to myself for the benefit of myself, and I am free it toss it the fuck around like the piece of crap it is. What is so hard to understand about principle being who you are? Are YOU willing to break your own principles, go against your own personal moral values and ethics just so you can perform better in a game? Are you? Principles like mine certainly come with a cost when it comes to silly games like this, so you can call it a "sacrifice", just not an actively chosen one. I still very much perform at my best, I still very much play to win. Think of it no less than a mental impairment or disability. Would you deny someone entrance to the game if that is case? Is the inability to lie that severe that you have to continuously antagonize someone for it? I mean, have I been a complete failure in the game? Have I shown zero potential at the game? Have I screwed the game up because of it?

Principles are not active choices unless it's a life threatening situation, but I suppose that depends on how one values his/her principles. So, hey, if you don't value your principles, that's your problem, don't make mine.

I think you should take the game less seriously, though. Don't have a panic attack because someone called you a liar and people voted for you, that's dumb.

I really don't take the game that seriously, it's for fun and entertainment, after all. I certainly SHOULDN'T have been upset about it, but as explained, things played out in an extremely upsetting manner for me and regrettably, it was hard to hold back my frustration. It's reeeeaally not just about how people called me a liar and voted for me, you know, it's really the situation, the scenario, etc etc etc, I'm really not that bad a sore loser. =_=
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:49:42 AM by reVelske »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #571 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:28 AM »
Rev. You have morals and principles on the internet. We dont think principle is a thing to throw around, but god damn if your going to play a game at least play it right. Hell if your honest in a mafia game, chances are you'll be lynched. And what sacrifice? You stayed till the damn end of the game. That's quite the feat especially for someone as "honest" as you.

Protip: Dont freak the fuck out when you lose and you were being honest. If you want to cry about it, go ahead, its none of my concern, nor most likely others concern.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #572 on: February 23, 2011, 01:00:54 AM »
Medium is of no relevance, much like how it doesn't excuse anyone from acting like an utter tool over the net.

And I'm referring to Suwako's point of it being me sacrificing performance for my principles.

And I weep at your inability to understand my frustration at the end of that game, is it so hard to put yourself in others' shoes?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #573 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »
This conversation is officially going nowhere fast.