Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 3)  (Read 67478 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Parsee Quest (Part 3)
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:13:46 AM »
> You are Mizuhashi Parsee, and the surface is a mess.  But it's okay, you're going to fix it!
> You've lived Underground for almost your entire life, but you've finally taken a trip to the surface for various reasons.  An earthquake happened, Hell's Moon is missing, Koishi's missing, Yuugi's the only Deva underground, and you suddenly got the urge to figure out what happened to that comatose girl's hat.
> You've found out that Komeiji Koishi, Satori's little sister, has been missing for quite some time.  You've met up with Yuugi and got important information about Konngara, one of the Devas who left for the surface.  You've visited the Palace of the Earth Spirits and formally accepted the task of finding Koishi.  You've found out from Utsuho that the nuclear reactor has stopped working, and that a mysterious "snake lady" hasn't visited for months.  When you got to the surface, you at least found out that Hell's Moon went and flipped its shit, perma-killing fairies and possibly taking out the legendary red-white and black-white.  You've met Cirno, an ice fairy(?), leader of fairies, and friend.  You've been chased from the lake mansion.  You've gone to the Human Village and met Mokou, Keine, and Keine's wife Minoriko.  You've run all over the place getting information about Koishi.  You've been to Kourindou and got some cool stuff.  You've traveled to the Bamboo Forest with Mokou and Cirno in search of Koishi.  You've broken Tewi and an insane Reisen, and returned Eientei to Kaguya and Eirin.  You've found Koishi and, with Mokou's aid, returned her safely to Satori.  Orin has given you a mouse.  Utsuho is really excited that Koishi has finally returned.  Mokou got drunk and got into a fight with Yuugi, and has made you promise not to breath a word to Keine.  The mouse has been revealed to be Nazrin, who is now traveling with you despite her wishes.  You've met a gradient-haired woman who runs the Myouren Temple.  You've discovered that the comatose girl is actually a goddess from Youkai Mountain.  You've been to the Hakurei Shrine and met Konngara, and there you discovered Reimu's less-than-desirable condition and what Hell's Moon really is.  You have resolved to make Eirin get her ass over to the Hakurei Shrine, so she can give Reimu some real medical attention.  You and Nazrin have experienced shenanigans during your ascent up Youkai Mountain: the curse goddess Hina really wants your misfortune, and the kappa Nitori has agreed to showing you the way to the Moriya Shrine as an apology for feeling up your ears.  You've met a strange umbrella girl at the Moriya Shrine, as well as Kochiya Sanae, a wind priestess with lots of energy.  You've met Yasaka, or "Kanako-sama", another goddess who resides at the Moriya Shrine.
> Right now, you're questioning Yasaka about the earthquake and the hibernating Suwako.

Inventory:

> Foreign-looking dress (currently worn)
> Scarf (currently worn)
> x1 newspaper fragment
  > It has a missing ad for Komeiji Koishi on it.  You'd better hang onto this for reference.
> x6 spellcards
  > Taken from the comatose surface world girl.  Copying down the characters written on them would have been a pain, so you took them with you.
  > According to Tokiko, the cards are named "Long-Arm and Long-Leg", "Moreya's Iron Ring", "Jade of the Horrid River", "Frog is Eaten by Snake due to Croak", "Native Myth vs Central Myth", and "Mishaguji-sama".
> x1 chair
  > Souvenir from the lake mansion's gate.
> x1 bottle of spring
  > It's a sealed bottled with a pretty flower inside.  It's a one-use item that doubles as an attack--a strong gust of wind--and a way of being able to produce flowers.
> x1 seeing stone
  > A triangular stone with a circle inscribed in it.  If you hold it up to your eye, you can see things that are normally invisible.
> x1 compass
  > Borrowed from Kourindou for the purpose of navigating through the Bamboo Forest.
> x3 mochi balls
  > Mooched off the rabbits after the whole Bamboo Forest Incident was solved.
> ☼3000
  > Part of the reward you got for getting Koishi home safely.
> x1 Eye-shaped orb
  > The "secret" reward that came with the ☼3000.  It glows with the same energy as that golden chain from Kourindou.
> Nazrin
  > As much as she doesn't like it...:\
> x12 stones
  > They're not magical or anything, but that doesn't mean you can't throw them at people.

Quests:

> Learn more about Konngara
  >While Yuugi did give me a good amount of information about her, there might be some more information about her that might prove useful in the near future.  You've recently learned that Konngara might have something to do with Hell's Moon.  She was also trying to find a "Hakurei Shrine" for some reason.
  You found Konngara at the Hakurei Shrine, and learned from her that Reimu is still alive but in critical condition, and that there's a girl named "Kikuri" in Hell's Moon.  You still don't know what Kikuri is doing on the surface, though.

> And the hat...?
  > The comatose girl is from the surface world, but you didn't find a hat with her clothes.  This bothers you enough to want to take matters into your own hands.  The lady at the Myouren Temple told you that she's from the Moriya Shrine at the top of Youkai Mountain.

>  Immaterial and Missing Suika
  > You've learned that Suika must still be alive, but she has been 'gapped.'  You don't know what that means, but you figure that Yuugi would want to know.  You think this is "Yakumo"'s fault.

> Red Shrine Maiden Needs Healing Badly.
  > You've found out where Reimu was, but she's barely alive thanks to Kikuri.  You want Eirin to come to the shrine so she can use her magical healing powers on her, since 'Yakumo' isn't doing enough.

Jealousy gauge: (Capacity: 8/9)

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Parsee Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:21:49 AM »
>Actually, we're the earthquakes really recent, and much of the Kikuri stuff happened months ago? Otherwise things would be more fixed up by now.
>"How the hell did she get down there while asleep, then?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:41 AM »
>Actually, we're the earthquakes really recent, and much of the Kikuri stuff happened months ago? Otherwise things would be more fixed up by now.
>"How the hell did she get down there while asleep, then?"

> The earthquakes happened a week after Kikuri disappeared, which was months ago.
> "She was hibernating in the shrine's premises.  I'm going to assume she rolled off the top of the mountain and fell down a rabbit hole.  As you can see, we were a bit occupied."  Yasaka gestures to the sky.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:40 AM »
> "Rolled down the... and she slept through all that?!"
> "Why are you doing... well, this? It makes it he-... difficult to travel around when you got wind blowin' you around everywhere."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:45 AM »
>Holy crap, deities are dumb! No wonder oni tended to give them a hard time...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
> "Rolled down the... and she slept through all that?!"
> "Why are you doing... well, this? It makes it he-... difficult to travel around when you got wind blowin' you around everywhere."

> "But she was hibernating..." Sanae says.
> "I've been using this wind to blow the fake moon out of the sky," Yasaka says.

>Holy crap, deities are dumb! No wonder oni tended to give them a hard time...

> What kind of deities are these people?!

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
>"Has it worked?"

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »
So that everyone's on the same page, what do we want to ask Kanako and Sanae about, now that we're here?

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 03:28:32 PM »
We should ask for:
-The moon (which we are doing now)
-about stopping the winds
-About getting their asses down to underground hospital themselves and take their sleepy luggage.
-About Suika's whereabouts.

Mokou Fan

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
We could also ask about the nuclear reactor not working, if we guess that Kanako is the "snake lady" Utsuho mentioned who hasn't visited for months. We've seen enough to at least be vaguely reminded of that.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
>"Has it worked?"

> "It's lower than it was last month, so somewhat."

> _

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:59:01 PM »
> "So, if you do blow it down, where would it land?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 08:00:50 PM »
> "So, if you do blow it down, where would it land?"

> "There are some uninhabited mountains towards the west.  It shouldn't be a problem if it lands there."

> _

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »
> "What's to keep Kikuri from coming back up and blowing stuff up again?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
> "What's to keep Kikuri from coming back up and blowing stuff up again?"

> Yasaka raises an eyebrow at you.  "Kikuri...?"
> Sanae looks from you to Yasaka.

> _

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
> "Er, yeah. That's her name, 'pparantly."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:04 PM »
> "Er, yeah. That's her name, 'pparantly."

> You can barely hear Yasaka sighing over the roar of the wind, but you do see her rub her temples with one hand.
> Sanae looks like a lightbulb has gone off over her head.

> _

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »
> "So, um, what's keeping her from going back up and blasting everything, unless you're gonna keep the wind going?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
> "So, um, what's keeping her from going back up and blasting everything, unless you're gonna keep the wind going?"

> "I was going to keep some wind going to pin her down."

> _

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »
> "Pin her down until...?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »
> "Pin her down until...?"

> "...Until we find that exorcist who lived around here."

> _

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
> "Exorcist? Are you talking about the red-white, or someone else? What can they do on a moon, anyways?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 09:24:04 PM »
> "Exorcist? Are you talking about the red-white, or someone else? What can they do on a moon, anyways?"

> "No, not her..."  Yasaka frowns and shakes her head.  "It's someone else.  They specialized in sealing, I imagine they'd be skilled enough to do something with the moon."

> _

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 09:28:42 PM »
> "Yeah, good luck with that, I can't imagine how anyone can seal her up even more than she already is."

OH GOD SOMEONE SHUT ME UP ALREADY.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
> "Yeah, good luck with that, I can't imagine how anyone can seal her up even more than she already is."

> Yasaka doesn't say anything.
> "She's...not sealed enough?" Sanae asks, but she sounds hesitant.

> _

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
> Er... okay, too much said.
> "So, um, I guess you're not going to stop the winds any time soon. Well, at least send her," gesturing at Sanae, "to pick up your goddess: she's kind of taking up space and no one knows what to do with her."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 10:00:18 PM »
> Er... okay, too much said.
> "So, um, I guess you're not going to stop the winds any time soon. Well, at least send her," gesturing at Sanae, "to pick up your goddess: she's kind of taking up space and no one knows what to do with her."

> Oops.
> Sanae fidgets and glances at Yasaka.  "So...."
> Yasaka sighs.  "Just be careful down there."  She then turns to you.
> "No, I'm not."

> _

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
> "Actually... did you guys even get attacked? It looks pretty nice up here, but the other shrine got devastated."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
> "Actually... did you guys even get attacked? It looks pretty nice up here, but the other shrine got devastated."

> "We wouldn't let our shrine end up in the same state," Yasaka says.

> _

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »
> "Huh, I guess it's easier when you have gods hanging around: the red-white would be dead if one of the oni wasn't keeping the moon from attacking her again, and even then..."