Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 207485 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 01:45:51 AM »
>ASPD FIXED

ILU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW ;W

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 03:29:07 AM »
Sometime tomorrow I will be taking the server down for maintenance briefly in order to setup a client patching system for updates. I'm also currently testing an update to the old original HatOnline installer for people who still have it and want to save some time downloading.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 04:01:31 AM »
Well I've went ahead and was able to enable the update client ahead of the scheduled maintenance. Download the following zip and put the contents in your Ragnarok Online folder.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/fate/hatonlinere/HatOnlineRE-Patcher-4-8-2013.zip

From now on please launch the game from HatOnlineUpdate.exe instead of HatOnlineRE.exe. This will ensure you have the latest updates and lets you stay up to date on any server news. Launching HatOnlineRE.exe directly is now depreciated and will likely be broken in future updates.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2013, 05:06:57 AM »
>ASPD FIXED

ILU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW ;W

PRAISE BE TO TSO

I DO LIKE TWICE AS MUCH DAMAGE NOW

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »
From now on please launch the game from HatOnlineUpdate.exe instead of HatOnlineRE.exe. This will ensure you have the latest updates and lets you stay up to date on any server news. Launching HatOnlineRE.exe directly is now depreciated and will likely be broken in future updates.

Game crashes upon launch now for me. Running HatOnlineUpdate.exe in Terminal, I get the following output:
Code: [Select]
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} could be created for context 0x5
wine: Unhandled exception 0x0eedfade at address 0x0000:0x7b83b581 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 880 bytes in thread 0009 eip b759343a esp 00240fc0 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
Process of pid=0008 has terminated

Any ideas?

EDIT: Other weirdness

1. Cleric tells me I haven't done what I need to be Acolyte, even though I have Job Level 10.
2. Have over 500 zeny, and it costs 50 zeny to refine my weapon. Dude still tells me I don't have enough zeny.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:54:50 PM by Yuki Mori »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
My Blacksmith is gonna be hitting 99 soonish, and before I trans I'm going to reset into a pure forger to make a full set of elemental maces for myself. If anyone else wants some weapons made, start gathering the materials now and I'll forge them this weekend.

Estimated success rates will be 37% on VVS Elemental weapons, and 42% on VVVS weapons, so to be safe you'll want 3x the materials for each weapon you want made.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2013, 12:31:25 AM »
Elemental Damascuses? I'll get you the stuffs :O!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
Game crashes upon launch now for me. Running HatOnlineUpdate.exe in Terminal, I get the following output:
Code: [Select]
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} could be created for context 0x5
wine: Unhandled exception 0x0eedfade at address 0x0000:0x7b83b581 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 880 bytes in thread 0009 eip b759343a esp 00240fc0 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
Process of pid=0008 has terminated

Any ideas?

EDIT: Other weirdness

1. Cleric tells me I haven't done what I need to be Acolyte, even though I have Job Level 10.
2. Have over 500 zeny, and it costs 50 zeny to refine my weapon. Dude still tells me I don't have enough zeny.
I'll have to play with it, it's not my updater just something else I borrowed. I'll put out manual patches and I'd recommend using those for now until I can figure out a solution for Leenox.

Tengukami

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 09:57:21 AM »
Thanks! Much appreciated.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
Hey, guess who just got their third class?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:59:59 PM by Momiji Inubashiri »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:35 PM »
Grats Dormio.

Also, I thought when we go 3rd job, that our base level will go to 150. The screenshot looks like it's capping at lvl 99.

Stuffman: Don't forget to look for me when you do your forging so I can help Bless/Gloria. Also, I'm wondering how many blacksmiths we will have; maybe I should make my merchant an alchemist and get 1h ele swords made or stick with 1h maces...

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »
It will go to 150. I'm not sure if the official servers have the same problem since I haven't played on them post-renewal but many private servers have a small problem where if you reach level 99, even if you can level up higher, the exp bar won't show up until you get enough exp to get to level 100.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2013, 03:01:37 AM »
Cap is 160 actually

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2013, 03:24:05 AM »
Lately I've had this incredible urge to RO... as much as I'd hate to be even less productive than usual, this is very tempting.

I've never taken the time to learn RO's formulas and stuff because I'm pretty casual about it;;  Are increments of 10 still good for stats?  I remember hearing you get bonuses for doing that a long time ago, so I've been doing it ever since (maybe it was just a server exclusive?).  I also never knew you could refine past +10, but that must be brutal... I was obsessed with making a +9 Wool Scarf on a 5/5/3 server and I never got past a +7... even after breaking 60+ of the darn things.
(Is "free hat time" still a thing or no?)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2013, 04:04:44 AM »
Are increments of 10 still good for stats?  I remember hearing you get bonuses for doing that a long time ago, so I've been doing it ever since (maybe it was just a server exclusive?).
Pre-renewal, there used to be bonuses at specific break points for stats. Now the gains are linear.

Cap is 160 actually
Really? Shouldn't it be 150?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2013, 06:52:28 AM »
Holy crap I knew Renewal was a revamp but I never realized how much they nerfed the XP table and stuff.
No wonder at the "pitiful" low rate of 5x I'm already 40something.

Obviously the mobs have had their XPs adjusted, but even at 1x it's like playing at 10x now (and noone plays at 1x thanks to battle manuals and VIP bonuses and all sorts of other items now available).

So yeah, I'm not so worried about running at 5x7.5x anymore.
I kind of disagree with this.
Basically, you're right about the EXP up to level 99 being heavily, heavily nerfed but with the rates as they are right now I do not think that we will be able to do anything that is fun and party oriented for a very long time because 99 is no longer the level at which you can attempt endgame.
I mean, after you hit level 99/70 the EXP required to level up is dramatically increased.
For example, after you hit level 99/70 and change into your third class, if you were to receive all the base EXP it took you to reach 99trans again, you would gain a grand total of... 8 level ups. That's what 198 level ups equate to.
To compound to this at this level you no longer have access to repeatable quests which means that you need to earn all this EXP purely through grinding.
Which will take a hell of a long time to do.
This is in part due to the nerfed EXP values that you mentioned in your post.
I mean, for example, the Kasa: It used to give you 49000 bEXP per kill. It now gives 5599 bEXP provided you're in the correct level range.
Reaching level 150 requires more bEXP than it does to reach level 99 pre-renewal yet the monsters now only give fractions of the EXP that they used to and have even been buffed to make things more troublesome.
Which brings me to the other part. Our server's population is extremely limited, which makes finding parties within your level range a bit more annoying. Solo'ing monsters in your level range is quite troublesome and I don't think that you can even attempt monsters in the optimal EXP range solo.
I don't know. I just see things becoming un-fun fast since every MVP has been scaled up quite a bit so you need the levels to attempt them and the levels are so very annoying to get through grinding.

tl;dr: I think the EXP rates are too low for our limited server population.

Of course, this is simply my opinion and since it's your server you're free to have it run however you want. I'll just be grinding hats in the corner at whatever rates I'm given.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:58:06 AM by Momiji Inubashiri »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2013, 05:16:45 PM »
I was talking about it with Hijiri, and I think the problem is we're used to old RO where the game "began" at trans 9x and those last 9 or so levels were the end game grind. Your build was considered "finished" at 9x/6x and anything beyond that was grinding gravy.

That's not how renewal RO is balanced. The game begins at third job now. Once you hit 100 and get a couple of jlevels in, your damage output changes dramatically. Same with survivability. And third job you're not starting a new skill tree, you're just continuing the one you started on trans second. Plus there is a HUGE gap in XP earned between solo and group play. I looked at the XP tables for a lot of the "lower" dungeons, they're much much much higher than any of the stuff we've killed 1-99 so far.

So yeah you've hit a solo brick wall going third. I think that's supposed to happen. Unless you're ubergeared and can solo mob the first floor of like juperos or nameless or what have you, you're going to need to party. The problem is there's little to no incentive to party 1-99, you can easily get to 99 solo, the only advantage is you just do it faster. Like Hijiri and I did toy factory and got me to LK in a few hours. I could have done that solo but it would have probably taken me a day or so. When you hit third job though, unless you have crazy gear, you HAVE to party, period. You can't do nameless or juperos or geffina alone.

Tengukami

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »
Just so I'm clear here:

Can I continue playing without the update thingy? Or should I rather wait for that to get sorted?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
Oh yeah, everyone already is. Even me.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
Just to comment about Experience in general.

I also turned 3rd job last night. Yeah, that first lvl from 99 to 100 was a shocker and it's going to be slow relative to those delicious Eden quests. I personally am not certain if it will feel like a tedious grind to me. I'm hoping not because I'm hoping the Renewal changes make it worth it to do something I almost never did in RO... join a party and go to different places.

I walked into Biolabs 2 and tried to Holy Light a lvl 120 Kavach Icarus to death and it was not going to be worth my time. Seeing that, I can't wait to party and take on these revamped challenges. Get all the lvl 99 Eden quests when you turn 3rd job, solo the one you liked to do to lvl 100, then party up and finish the other ones off. I think the first 25 or so jlvls shouldn't be too bad and that'll probably be enough to get people into their core 3rd job build.

Then we prep for all the good stuff to come. 6 person party in Abbey and killing Fallen Bishop Hibram? Yes please.

I think any change to the Experience rate should be a "wait and see" decision.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 10:43:12 PM »
Just so I'm clear here:

Can I continue playing without the update thingy? Or should I rather wait for that to get sorted?
You can, there's no update at this time and won't likely be for a while. I had a planned client update but I'm holding off until stability improves.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »
>Dormio playing as a female character
Are you trying to tell us something, dongseng?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2013, 12:30:04 AM »
Hey Stuffheim, what do you need to make me dem daggars? /drool

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2013, 02:42:20 AM »
Here's a list of everything I can make. http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3

Each Damascus is 1 x Zircon, 4 x Oridecon, 60 x Steel.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2013, 03:51:44 AM »
What would need to be added to forge an elemental weapon, like an elemental Sword Mace over a regular one, and does adding an element affect the % chance to succeed?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2013, 04:49:01 AM »
There are five add-ons available for forged weapons.

Flame Heart - makes the weapon fire-type.
Mystic Frozen - makes the weapon water-type.
Rough Wind - makes the weapon wind-type.
Great Nature - makes the weapon earth-type.
Star Crumb - adds some flat damage to each attack, which is applied even if you miss. (+5 with one, +10 with two, and +40 with three)

You have three slots on each weapon, usually you will want elemental stone + two star crumbs. This is a Very Very Strong (VVS) Elemental weapon.

You can also fill it with nothing but Star Crumbs to make a Very Very Very Strong (VVVS) weapon. Once you refine it, it should be a better neutral weapon than your Eden weapon.

The success rates I gave are for VVS Elem and VVVS Weapons. The success rate is 15% higher for each star crumb you leave off.

EDIT: Oh, apparently there is another +10 flat damage boost for my weapons as long as I'm a ranked Blacksmith (which shouldn't be a problem).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:00:13 AM by Stuffman »

Tengukami

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
Man, I am way behind you guys and most of the talk in this thread goes right over my head. However, Acolyte training continues, and this is a pretty fun time.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2013, 03:05:18 PM »
Man, I am way behind you guys and most of the talk in this thread goes right over my head. However, Acolyte training continues, and this is a pretty fun time.

Don't worry, I can't even get the game yet until there's a lite installer OR I can get on a faster internet connection. :V

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
Don't worry, I can't even get the game yet until there's a lite installer OR I can get on a faster internet connection. :V

Maybe you can help me with a philosophical question ...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
Asthe activates Acolyte Training Quest properly from what little I can remember of her.

Anyway, basically, do you want to Priest it up or beat up some dudes as a Monk? :V
Spoiler:
If I remember correctly that choice has so little bearing on actual gameplay that you can choose whichever you want

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale