Author Topic: [ROGUE] Okay let's play some NetHack (and DCSS!) (and Angband!) (and Slash'em!)  (Read 173134 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Okay let's play some NetHack (and DCSS!)(and Angband!)
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2010, 06:51:31 AM »
nobody ever plays DCSS

:<

Let me know when someone beats the MDFi at the top.

Matsuri

« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2010, 03:21:40 PM »
I think I'm gonna try Samurai again once I have the time. ;3

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
I think I'm gonna try Samurai again once I have the time. ;3

Be sure and stock up on food.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »
Angband save file issue fix'd

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
Archeologist? You greedy bastard!

Admit it; you like the idea of vault robbing just as much as I do. :P

Though I was actually going to look for a spellbook of create monster and mass-tin yellow molds, then put them in the sack, so if I died, another player could find my bones and have enough hallucinogens to last them through Gehennom. Maybe.

Tengukami

« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
Oh now that is just downright evil. I love it.

Neko Len

• Doped up maid of crazyness
« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2010, 12:54:45 AM »
Whats DCSS?

Tengukami

« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2010, 12:57:50 AM »
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. It's similar to Nethack, even a lot of the same commands, but the maps are sprawling. It's fun.

Neko Len

• Doped up maid of crazyness
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2010, 02:07:55 AM »
anyone here ever play elona?

Matsuri

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »

Not super-relevant to NetHack, but this version of linux that TSO had me download is really freaking pretty. Especially the terminal stuff. Like, wow <3 :*

Now if only I could figure out how to set everything to English.... =O

Matsuri

« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2010, 01:55:41 AM »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:58 PM »
You changed form 20 times.

HA!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:05 AM »
anyone here ever play elona?

I have, and it's extremely unorthodox

I might play it again sometime.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »
BEES EVERYWHERE http://www.shrinemaiden.org/maidenhack/Feito/dumplog/dumplog-10-05-2010.txt

And this run was going so awesome too, fountain wish on dlvl 1 :(

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2010, 07:10:02 PM »
nobody ever plays DCSS

:<

I think global play local

(tbh since I picked up Crawl I haven't touched Nethack even once, I just can't go back to a world without autotravel and Ctrl+F)

anyway here's a thing

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »
Guess The Lady didn't like me enough :(
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/maidenhack/Feito/dumplog/dumplog-10-06-2010.txt

Sucks, despite no wishes (and my pet dying twice) it was probably my best run yet.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:41:04 PM by ♪ Baneling-chan ♫ »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
On request I have added explore mode for Nethack.  And yes you can take an existing save file from a normal game and load it in explore mode, then go back to the save before you did it and play it out normally.  Just please don't be a dick and score scum with it :|
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:58:25 PM by Edible »

Matsuri

« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »
Ooh, I'll need to play with that. :3

Also, UK ascended a Tourist last night. Congrats.

Tengukami

« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »
After completing Sokoban and getting an amulet of reflection, I went back and discovered that I'd rolled a boulder over the entrance, and I had absolutely nothing to destroy it with. Fortunately, wandering back and forth enough times brought upon a water nymph, who used a wand of create monster to materialize a small army of orcs and a dwarf lord. Killing the dwarf lord gained me a broad pick, and I chiseled my way out of there. Thanks to Rikter and TSO for the "just keep walking around" strategy. Also:

Also, UK ascended a Tourist last night. Congrats.

Fuck yes, congratulations!

EDIT: I'm happy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:37:52 PM by Tsukiko »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2010, 02:06:19 AM »
Ugh I am really bad at this game.  First time to Minetown, got a silver saber from a shop and a +2 dwarven mithril-coat off a corpse and died immediately to Team A right as I stepped down into the next level of the mines.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/maidenhack/Feito/dumplog/dumplog-10-06-2010.1.txt

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »
And then there was Slash'em.  It has been successfully compiled, tested, and added to the server.

I think this may potentially be just a giant cluster of roguelikes at this point lol.  But seriously, if you guys have any more suggestions, let me know.  I've gotten the hang of what modifications I need to make it play nice with dgamelaunch.

Matsuri

Re: Okay let's play some NetHack (and DCSS!) (and Angband!) (and Slash'em!)
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
\o/

I'd suggest more games, but I have no idea what else is out there! :derp:

Tengukami

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »
Slash 'Em is hilarious. ICE MAGE! DOPPELGANGER! Should make for some fun runs.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »
I dun it, I've setup auto dumplog rotation.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/maidenhack/Testing/dumplog/slashem_10-07-2010-1821.txt
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/maidenhack/Testing/dumplog/nh343_10-07-2010-1811.txt

Only catch is you need to relaunch the game right after you quit.  So like right after you finish a Nethack run, load Nethack again and you can just hit Q on the player selection screen and it'll rename the log with the proper timestamp.

Tengukami

« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »
Fuck yes!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2010, 06:40:11 AM »
I have added a Curses-based port of Nethack alongside the current TTY version.  TTY is the old interface (what was the standard interface on Nethack).  Both share the same files (bones/saves/records), it's merely a cosmetic difference.   To take advantage of some new stuff Curses adds and you're using PuTTY, under Window -> Translation select "Use font in both ANSI and OEM modes".   This will colorize walls and menus.  DGamelaunch has been updated as well, mostly backend changes so nothing really new for you guys.

Here's a link to the project site for more info on what exactly the Curses version has vs the TTY one.  http://nethack-curses.wikia.com/

I will be adding the Curses support to Slash'Em as well once I sort out all the patches I'm adding to it.

But I do have some bad news.  I accidentally corrupted the Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup save folder somehow, so all bones files, the record list, and in progress games are gone :\  I wish I knew what exactly I did that corrupted it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:44:31 AM by ♪ Baneling-chan ♫ »