Author Topic: STG Thread 12  (Read 69718 times)

Re: STG Thread 12
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »
you'll notice a lot of inconsistencies as to how it plays if you've played the original Raiden II before

I haven't, which is probably why I made that assumption. However, I have seen gameplay videos of the PlayStation port, which is why I was only able to make a somewhat blind comparison between the two.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
I'm hoping there's enough people here who know about DFK/Resurrection who can help me. I'm attempting to ask for help now instead of banging my head against a wall trying to lower my bomb count, especially since I don't have much free time due to school and work. I haven't even touched it since my last post.  :blush:

As I mentioned in the shmups forum, I have two major areas that I need to clean up but don't know how to execute them.

The first half of stage 3 always ends up eating an auto-bomb or 2. That doesn't include the manual bomb I always use on the midboss because I cannot figure out how to dodge him for the life of me. After that is fine until stage 3 boss fight; mainly the fast first attack of the final phase. Every video I've watched simply streams it, but every time I try that myself I get hit (sometimes multiple times).

The middle of stage 5 is by far my worst spot. I can't do the part immediately following the first midboss without a well-timed hyper to cancel everything; it just feels too dense to u-stream for some reason. After that all of the tanks and structures that the laser wheel [bits] protect always fuck me over. I cannot for the life of me figure out a consistent route that allows me to kill all of those evil little fuckers without ramming bits left-and-right or throwing out manual bombs like crazy. 99% of my attempts, practice or otherwise, sees me simply shooting bits instead of tanks, getting "walled", and ramming bullets like I'm magnetically attracted to them.

I primarily use B-Strong now, though I can revert to C-S if needed. Is there anybody out there anymore with ideas?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
I see a lot of this was already answered. The mid 1/3 of stage 5 shouldn't take that much resources to pass safely. You should just remember to use manual bombs if you get trapped somewhere and you don't have a hyper ready. They give you long enough invulnerability to find a good position to continue from, while autobombs are prone for taking multiple hits in a row. You will have to pass through rings on several occasions and you should probably use a hyper activation/end(if you can time it) / manual bomb for these moments unless you are sure you can pass safely.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »
Icarus is a guy that runs the Special Demonstration Project which is pretty much about making very fancy edited videos of superplays with commentary from the runner in it. And he decided to make a Special Demonstration video of my recent Rayforce run! Rayforce is an amazing game so definitely check it out as well as the other Special Demonstration videos.

Rayforce 8 Million Special Demonstration.

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2015, 02:34:35 AM »
Awe-inspiring as always Jaimers. I confess your runs are part of the reason I still play.

1CC List (all shmups)

« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2015, 01:54:56 AM »
Live superplay event starting about now: http://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv206841086

Darius Gaiden all stages mode, DOJ, Tetris GM3 and CC Unlimited.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2015, 05:30:52 AM »
"OH MY GOD" - Me 5 mins ago

[attach=1]

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 1-ALL with C-Strong! My first arcade 1cc ever! :toot:

This credit was so perfect up until stage 4, I think I wasted 1 bomb (stage 2 boss) through the first 3 stages. Stage 4, which is usually among my best stages, went to shit when I realized I screwed up and perfect-bee'd  stage 2 by accident, putting me in the Ura route a stage earlier than I planned. This led to a lot of bombs before the Ura part ended, but everything after that went perfectly as well.

Stage 5 started off as expected: 1 bomb before the first midboss who took 2 bombs because standard midboss-1 is a jerk. After that followed a horrible laser wheels section, and a one-bomb mdboss-2. It all came down to the last gauntlet, and I performed magnificiently on it, enabling me to enter the final boss 1/2. When the final bomb exploded and she went down all I could do was silently yell "oh my god" while "giggling like a schoolgirl" as my best friend put it.

Sadly I didn't loop the game but that's always a goal for later. For now I finally have a years-long goal achieved, and that's all that matters. :D

1CC List (all shmups)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
so today, I was reminded that Steam exists, so I obtained the Gundemonium collection, Ikaruga, and Crimzon Clover.

I've become rusty.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »
wow Kamui is really difficult. Or maybe I just have too many bombs in Touhou.

I got a 1cc on the Normal difficulty setting but holy balls the final boss on Menace is terrifying. Too many homing curvy lasers.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »

Randomly played some Sorcer Striker during lunch break at work, and got my first arcade 1-ALL. No-miss till 'technonecromancer' (stage 5 boss) to boot.

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »
Found the disc for R-Type: Final again and it feels different now. I used to just nuke nuke nuke, but now I delay kills and make use of the Force core for points. It's like grazing, but with different techniques.
It's going to be a long ride unlocking every ship again, since I started afresh. I was always a fan of the Bydo like models.