Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey Thread - This is not broccoli #ATLUS  (Read 96242 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Etrian Odyssey Thread - This is not broccoli #ATLUS
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »
That right there is pretty huge, since now you can have a Classic and Story mode run going simultaneously, which is pretty much my biggest issue with EOU the First.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »
Taoist Odyssey "update" (which Garlyle already saw)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2014, 03:01:35 PM »

EO2 to have Highlander available as a generic class.

As DLC (Free for the first two weeks tho)

Etrian Odyssey games with DLC I'm not sure how to feel about this

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2014, 03:21:07 PM »
Well hey as long as it's free sure

You can download dlc without owning the game it's for, right?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2014, 03:45:43 PM »
Well hey as long as it's free sure

You can download dlc without owning the game it's for, right?
Not on the 3DS, no - all the DLC shops are accessed in-game, instead of through the eShop (even though they still use your normal wallet etc).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
Oooh.

Well. As long as the game doesn't have a 60 dollar pricetag on release like anything with the word Persona on it. (Since it's a remake though and EOU didn't either, I doubt it)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
Atlus has been using DLC a lot lately, it was a matter of time until EO got hit with the paystick.
As long as there aren't easy en/exp packs...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
En/exp packs are easily avoided (and for wimps). DLC character classes, however.... Well, as long as it's free.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #338 on: November 05, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »
THE BROCCOLI DEMO IS HEREEEEEEE
....in Japan. :V

Will be posting impressions and junk later!

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Okay so there's a bunch of new stuff, put in spoiler tags just in case I guess.

Spoiler:
Command/autobattle check is GDLK. No more accidentally hitting L in combat and dying!
Classic mode is LOCKED IN THE DEMO WHY
Level 10 cap
9 saves including SD card
Guildmaster is female and has a name. Who knew?
Free SP when investing in your main weapon mastery is still in
There are voice clips in the skill menu now
There are food items but unsure of what they do atm

New Force Boost/Break system:
Activate boost for a 3 turn buff
While in boost you can use a "break attack" that consumes all of your boost, and your boost gauge disappears. Does not return until you go back to town.

New skill trees, only doing MC and Princess for now, some of my translations are super flaky!

MC:
Sword/Katana mastery 10/10
1 Sonic Raid 10/10, close range attack to 1 enemy, always goes first
 ->5 Gale Rush 10/10, 2-3 attacks to one line
3 Flame/Freeze/Shock Saber 10/10, Close range attack + element
5 Delay Chase 10/10, Follow up elemental attack with another
7 Over Killer 10/10, Close range to 1 enemy, if it kills deal damage to all other enemies
 ->3 Full Slash 10/10, Close range attack to 1 enemy. I think it goes last, and does more damage depending on your life?
10 Resonance Sword 10/10, Close range attack to 1 enemy. I think its damage increases depending on when you used it last, and caps at 3 turns?

Force Mastery 10/10
1 Vital Shut(???)10/10, Reduces 1 enemy's physical defense and chance of binding arms.
  Mind Shut(???)10/10, Reduces 1 enemy's elemental defense, chance of binding head.
3 Absorb 5/5, Remove one bind and add to force gauge.
->5 Force Charge 10/10, Until the end of the turn, dealt damage adds more force gauge
5 Force Shield 5/5, after activating force boost, use to reduce all damage next turn??
->5 Force Energy 10/10, While in force boost, regenerate TP every turn.
10 Force Reset 10/10, I think it allows you to use force boost without 100% but not too sure
->5 Limit breaker(?), allows force boost gauge to go past 100%?

Physical attack boost 10/10->3
Elemental attack boost 10/10->3
   ->Weapon-free 10/10, Mostly going off the name on this one. I THINK it allows you to use grimoire skills without equipping the appropriate weapon, but realllllly not sure about it

HP boost
TP boost
Mine

Princess
Force Boost Skill: Lowers cost of order skills by half for 3 turns?
Order Mastery 10/10
1 Attack/Def order 10/10 each, boost atk/def for one line.
 ->3 each: Order with chance of preventing death and restoring HP?
3 Holy Crown 10/10 for 3 turns, HP restoration effect increased on party member.
->3 3 turn order that restores HP to a line per turn
5 Reset Weapon 10/10, eliminates buffs/debuffs on enemy target and does damage.
  Exchange 10/10, remove buffs/debuffs on party member, restore HP, add force gauge
 ->3 in Exchange: White Noble 10/10, Exchange on full party
 ->2 in White Noble and Reset Weapon: Clear Lance 10/10, remove buffs/debuffs from everything, restore own TP
7 Order that prevents ailments for 3 turns 5/5
10 Raise Morale 10/10, While the princess is alive, all buffed party members have increased force gauge gain?

TP boost 10/10
1 Link Order 10/10, When a selected enemy takes elemental damage, another enemy takes damage from the same element
->5 Link Order II 10/10, same as I, except all enemies take damage
5 Fire/Freeze/Shock Circle 10/10 each, reduce element damage taken, increase element damage dealt
10 Cheering 10/10, Restore TP to all members in the same line as the princess. Only usable with no buffs/debuffs active?

HP boost 10/10
5 Royal Veil 10/10, MAX HP Princess = healing for the party every turn while the princess is at max
10 Passive that restores HP after every battle
 ->3 in both: King's March, restore HP while walking

Bind defense boost 10/10

Take 10/10
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:20:19 PM by Sana »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:50 AM »
Classic mode is LOCKED IN THE DEMO WHY
It was for the EOU demo too

But hell yeh class trees.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
MULTIPLE
SAVE
FILES
That is all.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:45 PM »
MULTIPLE
SAVE
FILES
That is all.
Yup.

There's been talk about it for a while but it's really good to have confirmation on it oh my gooood

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #343 on: November 06, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
Just to clarify, the demo only has 1 slot as usual, but the full game is supposed to have 9. :V
Also: they added a "use" section on the skill description screen that tells you which stats/body parts are used for the skill. BASED ATLUS
New skill tree developments btw,
Spoiler:
after MC gets MAGICAL TRANSFORMATION POWERS for his force ability, he gains a couple new skills on the tree that are linked to other skills, and the new skill's level depends on the original skill.
Flame/Freeze/Shock saber -> Fire/ice/thunder wave, 10(!) random attacks to enemy with x element, only usable in boost.
Delay Chase -> Friend Recall, close range attack to one enemy, takes on the element of the last attack, only usable in boost.

Also I was looking at some of the new trees. Standout changes:

Ranger(Survivalist)
EO4 flank shot that hits a line is back
10 in bow mastery -> passive that makes all bow damage have chance to bind legs

Paladin(Protector)
5 in shield master -> Heal guard, heal a target while defending them(?)
10 in shield mastery -> Sentinel Guard, for the turn all party members defense becomes the same as the Paladin's, and all damage down
10 in elemental defense boost -> 3 turn buff that prevents all debuffs/ailments/binds on self

Doctor Magus(War Magus)
Basic healing spell heals at start of turn and again at end of turn, has 3 types(normal line full party)
7 in sorcery and 3 in ailment/bind recovery skills, some sort of skill that negates ailments/binds for the turn?
10 in sorcery -> res spell, res at start of turn, and chance to res again at end of turn.
10 in spellsword/sword sorcery/whatever it's called in english mastery -> Restore HP when dealing damage to an enemy with an ailment
Ailment attacks are simplified. 2 attacks that decrease def/elemental defense when enemy has any ailment, 3 that bind, one that does big damage.

Edit: New grimoire system, also unlocked the new food system!
Spoiler:
Every character has grimoire slots(start with 1, unlock more with levels, seems to cap at 3 by level 20?) Each grimoire appears to only teach ONE skill, and that skill's level can be increased, probably by fusing other grimoires into it.

Food seems to be similar to EOU where the foods give you buffs as long as you're in the dungeon. In this game though, they all consume materials, and you can sell the food to other people in the city on a "town map" according to the tutorial. You have to discover the recipes by trying different combinations of foods(meat+herbs, etc.), and it's looking like there will be more food than what's available in EOU. Whenever you try a combination, the game will tell you which materials are correct, so you won't be guessing forever. The food classes go up to 6 stars so I'm guessing the usefulness and sell rate increases with rank?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:24:20 PM by Sana »