Author Topic: [D2] Because Diablo just doesn't seem to want to die  (Read 34967 times)

[D2] Because Diablo just doesn't seem to want to die
« on: April 20, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »
Well seeing as we have a SC and WC3 threads, may as well start the D2 thread...

We should all be manly in doing this by making hardcore characters only.

Also be cool and post what kind of character you plan to make and items and such... me I plan to make dagger frenzzzzzy barb, and hopefully somehow obtain 2 ghost flames and roll through the game looking like im pounding on a drum  :V, but first need to find my cd. ALSO NO DONT BE LAME AND USE HERO EDITOR!!!!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: [D2] Because Diablo just doesn't seem to want to die
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »
Not going to risk my time trying to make a hardcore character, especially with 1.13 which is unfamiliar for me. Sometimes the game is lagging as well.

I am going to create a Sorc both for MF and for playing, because I dislike other chars :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Hele totes wants to play with my Gugnir Boner :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Act I completed stupid Inaba =P and lvl 16 already. Dohohohoho. Matter of time when I get Frozen Orb so I can blast through levels.

PS: Once I have relative good gear and have Nightmare done, I can offer Act boosting for people if they want :V

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »
Well i will start playing monday in between dots games :V so hopefully ill get far enough for frenzy and get a decent sized sapphire for helmet(for the mana gain) and roll through the acts

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Frenzy barb ? or was it druid? Forgot which of them had.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
im pretty sure barbarian had frenzy, the thing wich gives you insane attack speed and movement speed and damage when you start attacking

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
Frenzy is Druid skill.

Paired with Werewolf, it's beastly for a melee Druid.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »
Frenzy is a Barbarian skill. You're thinking of Fury - that's the Druid's Werewolf form equivalent of Frenzy.

Oh the memories of not being able to play my Frenzybarb since he kept desyncing himself from the realm due to lolspeed...

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »
Huh, could have sworn it was Frenzy though. Maa ne, haven't played that game in what, 4 years? Memory from that game fails me.

And lol at Martial Assassins. They don't freaking care about Immune to cold BS. Right click x3 to Left click = freeze anyone regardless.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 06:12:18 PM »
1.13 so far is being orz.  Managed to clear Act III.  Though Normal means nothing. I am curious how it is on Nightmare+

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
Get your Nightmare Act2 merc and things will be cool.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »
zzzz without Frozen Orb I won't be going anywhere yet. Act IV completed and at lvl 27 or so. Found that one sword giving +2 to all fire, so useful for now. Still need a grimshield and/or Vipermagi skin or Dusk shroud :V

Get your Nightmare Act2 merc and things will be cool.
Yea, Defensive dude Nm Act II == win. But his name has to be Jemali, because I say so.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 02:49:02 AM »
Frozen Orb is beastly.

Cept when you fight Immune to cold, then you have to switch to Meteor or that wall of fire.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 05:27:14 AM »
Frozen Orb is beastly.

Cept when you fight Immune to cold, then you have to switch to Meteor or that wall of fire.
Or when it is Firecold resistance :V It all depends on my Merc

Me and my nephew have cleared Normal together and advanced to Nightmare. But the mobs own our asses so we need to level up first by doing few baal runs on Normal :V

He is ZealFanadin lvl 39 now I think and I am Sorc 42  >=3

PS Pesco, you suck because you make me crash when you try to join. ReinstallyourDiabloIIandupdateproperplzthanks.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:52:14 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 01:36:48 AM »
yes a brown person here,

idk why but i cant join a certain dulars game in d2
im using 1.13 and i rlly dont know whats wrong

any help?

p.s. i have a ma azn built :D

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 05:57:48 AM »
To host D2X games on open bnet, one needs to open port 4000 in addition to 6112.

I've got a frenzy barb coming up, but if I remember correctly, he'll need a megatonne of farming to be hell-viable.

Also, no more Iron Maiden in the Chaos Sanctuary? That makes it so much less exciting :(

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 06:05:55 AM »
Also, no more Iron Maiden in the Chaos Sanctuary? That makes it so much less exciting :(
Yeah, playing games where you can't die instantly with no chance to do anything about it just feels weak somehow.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:46 AM »
Those Doom Knights/Oblivion Knights no longer play metal. As if you needed to run a lot of Diablo anyway. The droprates in 1.13 are to cry for. Mobs hit shittons harder with 8 player games.

My Sorc is currently lvl 80 and around 225% MF equipped. Meph runs on hell == orz   LK runs seems decent for runes but still orz. I don't even want to speak about Eltrich and Siege boss. Even my lvl 80 Nightmare Act II Merc Jemali is having hard time.

1.13 is fail

PS edit:
If you lot need fast quest boost and Baal runs for ++levels, let me know so we can arrange party for mass Baal runs.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »
Yeah, playing games where you can't die instantly with no chance to do anything about it just feels weak somehow.

Heh I remember back in Classic D2 HC when Lance WW Barbs were all the fashion, that was the one place where sorcs lived and you'd see things like barbarians manually downgrading their uber rare lance to a pike so that they don't die instantly from Iron Maiden. I loved running that place with Frenzy and Berserk even after Baal runs came into fashion. Personally, the name of the game is Diablo y'know... Mt Arreat is cool and all, but the Chaos Sanctuary is one hell of an iconic level. And long before the threat of Hell difficulty Ancients (which are a crapshoot btw.. most HC players used to just reset them till we got favourable mods), it was hilarious to see the sight of even the most twinked out barbs running down the length of the River of Flame fleeing like little girls from Hephasto. My first HC sorc was lost to him in a painful lesson - he can run and hit faster than I could cast a TP >.>
Those Doom Knights/Oblivion Knights no longer play metal. As if you needed to run a lot of Diablo anyway. The droprates in 1.13 are to cry for. Mobs hit shittons harder with 8 player games.

My Sorc is currently lvl 80 and around 225% MF equipped. Meph runs on hell == orz   LK runs seems decent for runes but still orz. I don't even want to speak about Eltrich and Siege boss. Even my lvl 80 Nightmare Act II Merc Jemali is having hard time.

1.13 is fail

PS edit:
If you lot need fast quest boost and Baal runs for ++levels, let me know so we can arrange party for mass Baal runs.

Awesome stuff... Dular and I are still dicking around in Act 1 Normal (or at least I am) for a while, having just started out. Hope to join the hell romps soon >:)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:28:52 AM by ApharmdB »

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
I play D2 when I can, but since I work so much and just started working on my costume, it goes slow.

I just entered Act 2 and, with some lucky gambles, I now have a rare tower shield with that oh so lovely +20% blocking rate and +30% blocking speed.  In fact, all of my equipment, minus my jewelry, is rare.  :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
:3   

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »
On a semi-random note, how much better is Diablo 2 compared to the first one ?

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 11:51:18 PM »
Well let me put it this way, in between classes, not playing dots/eve, in the middle of the night and morning, im playing D2  :colonveeplusalpha:

also if anyone has a jah, cham, or zod i need one.

badly... srsly

I have a bunch of Pgems, call to arms, and some other high end runes, and a archon plate.

Also need +damage charms

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »
@Hele: Nice. I had the same thing on my 70 sorc, which got utterly destroyed on hell because all I had was freaking Frozen Orb. Oh, and is that shield of yours "Tiamat's (something)"

@Rawr: Is that a Rune recipe you are doing? I haven't seen a rune recipe that long. Only thing I know is RalOrtTal.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
Yea im trying to make breath of the dying but not haveing a zod rune makes it impossible. No idea how much time im putting into making this item for the first time  :toot:. also call to arms and beast have just as long recipes or close

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 04:32:18 PM »
ooh, zod's hard to find.

Usually on hell. Drops on Mephisto for me sometimes.

Or try something like the cow level.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
On a semi-random note, how much better is Diablo 2 compared to the first one ?
I have no idea to be honest, never played D1 to judge it. All I can say is D2 still remains for me nicest RPG with joyful playing after 10 years even.

@Hele: Nice. I had the same thing on my 70 sorc, which got utterly destroyed on hell because all I had was freaking Frozen Orb. Oh, and is that shield of yours "Tiamat's (something)"
Monarch - Storm Shield with Eld rune. 74% Block. Got enough dex to achieve max block. So me so blocky. :3

PS Zod rune only drops in Hell Act 5 chests. afaik have read on forums and stuff. From mobs and such, I don't know for sure.

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »
Ahh, I thought it was Tiamat's. It had +2 to all skills and juicy chance to block. Also chance to drop magical items.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
Okay serious question time. If everyone wants to do it, it'd be good if we all use the 0.05 release of my Touhou mod when playing. The main feature is the enlarged inventory, stash and cube. Other tweaks are minor and not much of a big deal for the gameplay. It'll just be for peace of mind that everyone uses it on MotK Bnet and we won't have items going missing from bad allocations or whatever when joining random games.