Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 330951 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.8 - NEW WORLD(S) )
« Reply #780 on: October 29, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
You do know we can make Obsidian using redstone, right?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #781 on: October 29, 2011, 08:52:45 AM »
You do know we can make Obsidian using redstone, right?
As explained well in this video. (for those that didn't know they could do this) :3
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2011, 09:23:02 AM »
Okay, so I didn't know >_< (isn't that a glitch, though?).
I'm gonna give this a try, thanks for the info!

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to organize that little archery contest.
Prizes should be as follows:
1st: block of diamond
2nd: block of gold
3rd: block of iron
(only if at least 5-6 people participate)
Rules are written on signs, but the main one is "You may only shoot ONE arrow per challenge".

I'd like to know who's interested so we can agree on a time to do this. (my time zone is GMT+1)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:26:02 AM by Cykyrios »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #783 on: October 29, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
Okay, so I didn't know >_< (isn't that a glitch, though?).
I'm gonna give this a try, thanks for the info!
It's not sure if it's a glitch or not. We really don't know if Notch did that on purpose or not, I just know it works.

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to organize that little archery contest.
Prizes should be as follows:
1st: block of diamond
2nd: block of gold
3rd: block of iron
(only if at least 5-6 people participate)
Rules are written on signs, but the main one is "You may only shoot ONE arrow per challenge".

I'd like to know who's interested so we can agree on a time to do this. (my time zone is GMT+1)
This could actually be really fun, I'd love to do this.
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #784 on: October 29, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »
Ehehehehehe!

[attach=1]
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #785 on: October 29, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
Flying Super lolsquid!
[attach=1]
[attach=2]
Soon enough, the sky with be polluted by ink :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #786 on: October 29, 2011, 08:33:13 PM »
BP had to go further than just the water....

EDIT: BSoD, you fatass :V

NOW DROP SOME WEIGHT.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:51:14 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #787 on: October 30, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »
So Optifine updated, and Strafe got it. We've been messing with it's settings, and for me, when I disabled the portal animation, this was the result:

[attach=1]
:derp:
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #788 on: October 30, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
More like THIS.

[attach=1]

A problem has been detected and Minecraft has not rendered this portal to prevent further damage to your computer.

ANTI_OP_PORTAL_MODE_ACTIVATED

*rest of this stuff*

EDIT: Annoyed by rain sounds, void fog/particles, etc? Well, the latest version of Optifine has the options to disable them (Rain Splash animation - yes, it disables the sound too, Depth Fog, Void Particles, etc). No more constant barrage of pouring water! :getdown:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:10:42 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #789 on: October 30, 2011, 12:07:36 PM »
how to install optifine? :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #790 on: October 30, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »
Optifine is here. Follow instructions for your OS.

I recommend using the MT version for those of you with 3-core or higher CPUs. Yes, hardware cores. Dual-core users (and those with quad-threaded dual-core CPUs) are better off with Smooth, I think.

Fancy Fog seems to be disabled (maybe it's NVIDIA GPU-only?), but you can enable it manually in the options.txt file and setting ofFogType to 2. No problems doing so on my desktop and its 6870 (AMD).

One more warning - Optifine does face issues with renders at very far (10000+ blocks) distances, and does not support 100000+ blocks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:32:05 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #791 on: October 30, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »
awesome, the only thing I don't like is how the default torches look like... it's so flashy. I like the default torches but these white line on the texture are terrible :-(

memorie usage under 300 MB  ???  (230 actually  :derp:) normal?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:30:32 PM by BBanGBaller »

« Reply #792 on: October 30, 2011, 09:30:57 PM »
Indeed, the Multi-thread version is the best if your computer can handle it. I had to bump down to the Smooth version because of a slight lag every time I would place a block or torch. I am enjoying Optifine, but there are still some bugs that they need to work out before they have my full support. I still have issues with flickering signs/ladders and the snow layer. This is most likely because I am so far away from spawn, but it's something that I will have to work through until another version is released.

Clear water. Silent rain. Smokeless torches. <3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #793 on: October 31, 2011, 02:58:29 AM »
Today's Special Report: 'Chennels'

Named after the user that made them notorious, they are, for the uninformed, usually 1x2x1 tunnels dug at low layers (12-14 usually) that tend to go in a linear fashion, intersecting with other Chennels and occasionally sporting pits where mining has occurred.

The major issue with this is that with the return of the cave view, the effects of them on World 1 is extremely obvious. An area between spawn, SunnyPlex, and Castle de PX is especially full of them. There's even one that goes from the rail area to 2.5km to the east - right through Cadmas' territory, for one. What arises from these are property disputes (similar to the Koishiville caves) and the stealing of the 'good stuff' from potential miners.

Instead of Chenneling, I'd put up a set area from surface level and work within those bounds (similar to what my tower has). Walls and signs in caves will more likely just be mined around.

But, if you absolutely have to:

- Dig away from populated areas. PX's tunnel back on PTM did a good job with that by heading constantly west (then again most were on the floating islands). I'd even say that I would not even use Chennels within +/- X&Z 1000, or even replace the entire underground part in that area with smooth stone (but this is an extreme solution).
 - Always check your location from the top-down perspective using MC maps, livefeed, or a minimap mod. It's hard to know where you are down there, even with coordinates - and it's best that property disputes over break-ins not happen. The graphical display helps with reducing the occurrence.
 - When digging them, I'd advise digging a wider and taller area rather than longer (similar to what Dora did with his city, in a way).
 - Put up something on the surface level so that others know you have camp there. I'd cover the entire bounds if possible.
 - Don't :V-mine (use xray pack).

That's the end of this half-asleep message.
Bad command or file name

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #794 on: October 31, 2011, 04:53:01 AM »
I have found Chennels under my grinder :V

pineyappled

« Reply #795 on: October 31, 2011, 05:01:19 AM »
Invented a new form of PvP today.
Don't Shit on the Pumpkin and Don't Piss on it Either.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:03:11 AM by moooo »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #796 on: October 31, 2011, 01:40:04 PM »
I think I know which one you're talking about, but other than that I am not so sure.

Invented a new form of PvP today.
Don't Shit on the Pumpkin and Don't Piss on it Either.
That was too good - I'm considering making a King-of-the-Hill type arena with a similar setup (no it won't be Sawmill, Harvest, etc. :V) which rewards point cappers with cookies slowly dispensing from above.
More screenshots coming in later of the Pumpkin of Faith, an 'Occupy EP Tower; we are the 99%' movement, and a few other things.

One more reminder that you should not use donation chests to hold valuable items for more than five minutes. If you need to do so get your own chests or put them at your home.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #797 on: October 31, 2011, 01:55:59 PM »

mine mine

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #798 on: October 31, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »

I HATE YOU ALL

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #799 on: October 31, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
THE FUCK

I SPECIFICALLY SAID I PUT MY STUFF IN MY CHEST THERE

YOU ALL HEARD IT!

COME ON, WHO THE FUCK DONATES TNT TO A FOOD CHEST?!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

ALL MY SHIT, ALL MY SORROW

THERE GOES THE SHITLOAD OF WOOD I WAS GONNA USE TO MAKE THE SHIP

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #800 on: October 31, 2011, 04:16:20 PM »
AND YOU

YOU KNOW ABOUT IT

YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM THAT WAS MY STUFF

WHAT'S THE POINT OF ALL THOSE CHESTS ANYWAYS, NOBODY DONATES STUFF

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #801 on: October 31, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
FUCK THIS, TNT BOMBING NOW

I SAID IF ANYONE STOLE MY SHIT I WAS GONNA TNT BOMB THE PLACE

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #802 on: October 31, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »
Why did you quadruple-post? One rage post was enough.

This is the second time you have put all sorts of things in a donation chest for temporary storage and left it there after leaving server, benefiting those who put up the chests. I cannot but say that the blame's entirely on you this time around.

Just because no one uses donations most of the time doesn't mean that they don't use them at all, you know. See Cadrin's and Artemis' goods once they were banned - they were taken within a matter of a day once they were moved there since it was loaded with valuables.

Whatever the outcome of this may be, I will watch at the very least.

EDIT: Ah crap, it's already started! D:
[attach=1]

More proof (yeah, we can use /lb lookup but the parameters make it tricky for most):
[attach=2]

Further LB analysis showed that all 69 TNT blocks were within ~20m of that crater.

OK, the griefing wasn't as bad as I thought, though it isn't that good either (there goes some donation chests). But the above rage-posting is what I am more at odds with...may I suggest taking a break from playing on the server to calm things down?

...that being said, your turn.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:20:37 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #803 on: October 31, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
lol bro i told you you were basically donating it but you refused to listen.  Throw your temper tantrum all you want it doesnt change the fact that those are donation chests.
2lazy2createbettersig

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #804 on: October 31, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »
Can we rename them from Donation to "Put your stuff here to get taken by everyone but the person who put up the chest"?

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #805 on: October 31, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
Well it's true that for them to be effective donation chests, everyone should be able to put stuff in them but only the person who put the chest here could take that stuff from the chest...
you should not use donation chests to hold valuable items for more than five seconds. If you need to do so get your own chests or put them at your home.
Fixed that for you :D

« Reply #806 on: October 31, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Not this crap again. PX, I thought that you wouldn't do this again after the last time. Granted, I've used the donation chests as a quick, temporary storage for the TNT cannon nonsense. However, I made sure to retrieve my stuff afterward, specifically because I didn't want people to raid that chest. If you had the resources to make a bunch of TNT, as well as "enough logs to build a ship", then I think you could have easily built a chest of your own and protected it from any thieves. Sorry, man. This one is on you again. TNT bombing the place as revenge is only going to backfire on you. Now:

Can we rename them from Donation to "Put your stuff here to get taken by everyone but the person who put up the chest"?
Yes, this is a problem. Not many people donate what is asked for (or even anything useful). Some people use the chests as garbage dumpsters. Others sift through the chests and take what they like. (even you have done so, PX.) Hell, some people flood the chests full of gravel and arrange them into swastika patterns. :V  The point is, Poverty Row has failed to serve its purpose a long time ago. It went from 1-2 people asking for some simple supplies to everyone begging with their hands out. That's why I lampooned it with my own chest: "Strafe is too lazy to play the game. Give him stuff."

EDIT- Let me add this as a side note. I'm getting pretty fucking tired of repairing the landscape from TNT damage. Especially around the spawn area. Knock it off or we will disable TNT all together. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:04:23 PM by Dr.Strafe »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #807 on: October 31, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
Why did you quadruple-post? One rage post was enough.

Seconding this. I don't care how mad you are, cut it out.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #808 on: October 31, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »
How about not considering them as donation chests at all, but instead considering the row as just more community chests?

The point is, Poverty Row has failed to serve its purpose a long time ago. It went from 1-2 people asking for some simple supplies to everyone begging with their hands out.
It's a joke area, really. :V
But it's further proof that we have a good number of the population that's not willing to work for their items to create them. If anything I'd dismantle Poverty Row for now and decide what to do later. I am in favour of a DDR-style community base, but it's your discretion.

If any donation projects worked even decently well it'd be Sparda's wall and SunnyTree, but most of the others flopped miserably.

And in the meantime my store works very effectively for these kinds of things and has hit record profits.

That's why I lampooned it with my own chest: "Strafe is too lazy to play the game. Give him stuff."
Of course, no one gave stuff there except a dirt 'NO' and a flint.

Let me add this as a side note. I'm getting pretty fucking tired of repairing the landscape from TNT damage. Especially around the spawn area. Knock it off or we will disable TNT all together. Thank you.
Well, things are starting to get out of hand, it seems....:ohdear:
Bad command or file name

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #809 on: November 04, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »
Welp, I ragequit again. First of all I get blown up despite having just over half-condition iron armor deep down in a new mine, and while trying to make it back I get blown up twice by two more creepers.  Fuck, I'd be able to just buy all the materials for the rest of my house and then some with everything that they've cost me in this server.

...I should make a creeper bounty. Glowstone for dead Creepers.  :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]