Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 330944 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2011, 09:29:49 PM »
To all of you that want us to update to 1.8.1 to curb boredom: If we do so, I will not import  any schematics into that new world. Frankly, we have grown quite a bit since the current map began, and I don't want to waste 1-2 days moving all of our stuff only to have to move it again come 1.9.

If you really want us to update soon, then keep this in mind. The only viable workaround is taking Stuffman's suggestion by using Multiverse to keep our current world, and have a fresh 1.8.1 world generated for us. Once the Adventure Update(s) are finally complete and we can update to them, the 1.8.1 world will likely be deleted. This is to make room for the 1.9.whatever world, whether or not we do waves of schematics.

I am still available and willing to do schematic work for everyone once we get the server updated and stable. I just don't want to spin my wheels and do something that won't matter in a couple of weeks. My suggestion in the meantime: Begin a new project and focus on that. You'll get your Adventure update eventually. Trust me. I'm fucking tired of waiting on Mojang as well.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
To all of you that want us to update to 1.8.1 to curb boredom: If we do so, I will not import  any schematics into that new world. Frankly, we have grown quite a bit since the current map began, and I don't want to waste 1-2 days moving all of our stuff only to have to move it again come 1.9.

If you really want us to update soon, then keep this in mind. The only viable workaround is taking Stuffman's suggestion by using Multiverse to keep our current world, and have a fresh 1.8.1 world generated for us. Once the Adventure Update(s) are finally complete and we can update to them, the 1.8.1 world will likely be deleted. This is to make room for the 1.9.whatever world, whether or not we do waves of schematics.
That will work just fine, maybe even better than my original take on this idea. Sphere would be nice but it can wait until after 1.9.whatever. As long as I can use that TNT against villages I'm more content. :getdown:

My suggestion in the meantime: Begin a new project and focus on that.
Works for few, ineffective for more, sceptical of viability in rare cases.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »
To all of you that want us to update to 1.8.1 to curb boredom: If we do so, I will not import  any schematics into that new world.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  :V No but honestly this doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me sounds fair enough actually.

it probably wouldn't hurt to introduce some kind of high-level magic-enhancing material. (Along with spells, obviously, especially destructive magic.) Because, you know, I'd really like to see that beauty powering up my laser up to eleven.
I AM THE MARISA HERE!  Just be yuka or something, that hakkero is MINEEEEEEEE :I
2lazy2createbettersig

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
I can't help it, Shady.  :\ And besides, don't we have like four Yuukas on the server already? (I think they'll have their share of fun when 1.9 arrives, along with the deliciously spammable shroom + bone meal combo. But for now, guess being Yuuka must be sort of boring...)

Point is: regardless of whose elemental reactor it is, I'd like to see that thing operational.
Also: where can I get my 1.7 minecraft.jar from? It's been a while. And virtual lego blocks never get old.

« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »
AgentOfTheBSoD had a post containing a link to a 1.7.3 jar a couple pages back.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
I can't help it, Shady.  :\ And besides, don't we have like four Yuukas on the server already?
We only have 1 Yuuka (Piney). However we have 2 Mikos (Molten, Dorakyura), 2 Mokous (Dusty, Night4ce), and 2 Reimus (HakureiSM, Sparda).
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »
I have the 1.7.3 minecraft.jar files posted here. (for ease of finding the post several pages back)

As for what's going on with versions, I'm actually content to wait till 1.9. Though the current discussion about a temporary 1.8 is fine too. I'm still skeptical of keeping the current world in multiverse with the 1.9 map generation though. (if it were kept in the end, I'd probably move my stuff to the 1.9 world anyway)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »
Although I'd really rather not, I will consider updating to 1.8.

It'll have to wait til this weekend though, so we'll see if we get any more 1.9 news before then.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #458 on: October 11, 2011, 02:29:58 AM »
I'm up for the new 1.8 world... I just want to TNT villages into submission.  :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #459 on: October 11, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »
alright so there's more info on what's happening with 1.9:
We've got a feature freeze in a week, after that we're doing polishing and optimization for a month. Not sure if we can release
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/notch
So basically it seems like we won't be getting 1.9 until minecon as we thought.  So next week will be a feature freeze and then they'll be optimizing for about a month.
But I've got good news as well!  Jeb released some stuff on enchantments!
http://imgur.com/VUVCi 
Pretty awesome if ya ask me!  But yeah it's your guys' call now on what direction the server will be heading.
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #460 on: October 11, 2011, 07:48:24 AM »
Also, there is a new tweet saying that enchantments increase potency with more books surrounding the enchantments table. In other words, the giant crack farm we call Spawn is good for something now.

People are more willing to wait for 1.9 full to release with this recent announcement.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #461 on: October 11, 2011, 08:26:03 AM »
Also, there is a new tweet saying that enchantments increase potency with more books surrounding the enchantments table. In other words, the giant crack farm we call Spawn is good for something now.

People are more willing to wait for 1.9 full to release with this recent announcement.

Don't we have a library in Hakurai City?

Magical Girl Satori~

• obviously i am magical..
  • loljk im not i totally fooled you
« Reply #462 on: October 11, 2011, 01:56:31 PM »
hii guys. im sorry i havent really been on the server that often. a lot of school related stuff has been messing a lot of things up. i also want to ask if we have updated to 1.8 yet. if we havent, pls tell when we will  :V

« Reply #463 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
Well the last page is full of that "update" question  :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #464 on: October 11, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »
Quick note for Hakurei City residents - creepers have been spotted on street level! Get back to lighting already! >:(
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Townies if you cant light then well you'll have some visitors...  :V
http://ghostfire.deviantart.com/art/Not-Enough-Torches-262369350
2lazy2createbettersig

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2011, 08:10:08 PM »
And that's why I live out away from the lighting-impaired townies. :getdown:

Speaking of, I finally completed the outside of my manor last night. Still needs some inside work, but otherwise looks great.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #467 on: October 12, 2011, 04:11:22 AM »
my personal take on updating to 1.8, just be patient people. I'm certain that 1.9 is worth the wait!

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #468 on: October 12, 2011, 06:27:44 AM »
It doesnt matter to me much. I dont mind waiting and dont mind a multi verse.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #469 on: October 13, 2011, 01:28:22 PM »
I am not much of a builder so I don't mind my stuff being perpetually demolished. Although I grew kind of fond of our current map. I love things like what I call the Youkai Mountain (at the end of our fledgling rail system, beneath which Chireiden is located), the Mini-Eientei etc. Those places may be empty but I like the feel of them.

Anyway, the snow blocks that I placed about a month ago yield absolutely nothing when destroyed by hand, or shovel, or otherwise. I don't think it's supposed to happen. I wonder if I can still gather snowballs. Cause I kinda need some snow for my 'new' small project located on the mini-desert next to the Youkai Mountain's falls.

EDIT: well, balls. Or, to be more precise, a lack of them. I can't get anything from snow tiles covering the cold areas, either. Halp.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:33:41 PM by Cadrin »

« Reply #470 on: October 13, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
Did you try using a diamond shovel?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #471 on: October 13, 2011, 02:14:15 PM »
The snow glitch has been noted for a bit now. We think it's tied to Essentials.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #472 on: October 13, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
I have the same problem with Glowstone, when I put it somewhere and I destroy it again, I don't get the parts of it back, I get nothing.
When a creeper blows it up, I get some of the parts  :wat:

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #473 on: October 13, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »
Did you try using a diamond shovel?
Of course. The quality of it should not matter in the first place, but since I always keep diamond tools at hand...
I have the same problem with Glowstone, when I put it somewhere and I destroy it again, I don't get the parts of it back, I get nothing.
When a creeper blows it up, I get some of the parts  :wat:
Hm, works normally for me. Remember: you have to use a pickaxe on it in order for it to yield anything upon being broken. I kind of made the mistake of trying to break it by hand, like glass, today, but you get no materials this way.

« Reply #474 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
what is the sense in letting it blow up by a creeper and get parts of it back and not getting anything when destroying it with anything else but a pick?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
Lousy coding? Glowstone used to be punched out, like glass....
Bad command or file name

« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2011, 07:45:53 PM »
I took down the bottommost layers of the poverty art near the spawn. It was a nuisance to get around and the addition of water on both sides, inside the spawn zone so as to be extra annoying to remove, prompted me to fix the problem. I left the materials taken down in a chest nearby. It was not only me who saw this as an annoyance, as I heard others complaining about it too, and was encouraged to take it down by them also. I have also taken down the water above the sign tower as well, since that was impeding the walkway.

To me, there is a point where "look at my pile of junk" crosses into the line of becoming a nuisance and a hindrance to the other players.

I did what I thought was best for the community, and I apologize for not discussing this with the creator of it or Strafe/Stuffman, but I saw it as a task that needed to be done as soon as possible. If I upset anyone by doing this, then I am truly sorry, and I would be open to talk if you think what I did was wrong.

Slinkys and Scones. That is all.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #477 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
I am okay with this. Even though it was just a minor obstacle to get through. I'm fairly sure it was just a form of a practical joke/a product of boredom/random screwing with Minecraft, anyway.
So, uh, about that snow, I can has like 3 stacks of snow blocks? If it can't be fixed anytime soon... Because I don't really have any other good substitute materials, no matter how hard I try.
Or a chestful. I am not a hoarder, and who knows if other people would ever need it. I'll probably just deposit it in one of the community/donation chests after I'm done.

Speaking of this, are there no freebies chests at all these days anymore?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:56:31 PM by Cadrin »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #478 on: October 13, 2011, 07:56:16 PM »
Aw, you're no fun :\

Whatever, that Poverty Art was somewhat absurd anyway, and I planned on taking portions of it apart anyway.

I am okay with this. Even though it was just a minor obstacle to get through. I'm fairly sure it was just a form of a practical joke/a product of boredom/random screwing with Minecraft, anyway.
Yeah, it was a practical joke :V

@Cadrin: Freebie chests were removed due to certain users abusing them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:04:01 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #479 on: October 13, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »
You did fine, Hourai. Honestly, you should have seen it while you were gone. Reeds everywhere.

The Poverty Art movement was comprised of two things: sheer boredom of waiting for the update and "anything you can do, I can do better". I'm not sure if was an act of protest to try to get Stuffman and I to update the server. I personally didn't care for it, because the area became a lot more cluttered. Like I said earlier, I liked being able to see people's structures from the spawn area, not an ocean of reeds and piles of junk.

Nevertheless, people will probably make more Poverty Art to get their kicks. That's fine. Just do it elsewhere, please? 
Spoiler:
inb4 Strafe Office landfill :ohdear: