Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 330970 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #420 on: October 07, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
:( Sheeps don't regrow red wool, so I have to destroy all my roses now?

Need many red and black wool blocks ^^ (I have enought stones xD)

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #421 on: October 07, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »

LOLSQUIDS IN THE SKELE GRINDER!!!!!  :V :V :V

« Reply #422 on: October 07, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »
stupid redstone, does not work as I thought ^^ it has "limits"

what do you thing of that gate  :derp:

:fail:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:20:12 PM by German Flower Youkai »

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »
I have a stack or two of red wool and a few red dyes left from my construction if you need them.

...And oh god, who let the lolsquid into the grinder.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #424 on: October 08, 2011, 04:38:31 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[attach=1]
[attach=2]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:42:09 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2011, 07:16:52 AM »
Today was very odd on server, but damn, did I laugh my ass off very hard during all this. No idea what happened to spawn (Poverty Art is mainstream now), Cocaine dancing is a hit (as is ganging up on a single person with said dance).

[attach=1]
[attach=2]
[attach=3]
[attach=6]

Then it was followed with toilet humour. Quite literally, as it involved the Church's plumbing (Night4ce, you have a toilet to fix - no we didn't do anything to it, but noticed that it had no water upon arrival).

Also, this is a new thing I noticed.

[attach=4]
[attach=5]

(couldn't record due to lack of a working HDD with enough free space and speed for FRAPS)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:31:20 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »
You got even more signs attached. :getdown: Reason Sunny and I left is because power went out. It just now came back on. (writing on iPod because I'm going to sleep. :derp:) Sorry about that guys. :(
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »
You know, it's funny. There was once a nice view of people's structures from spawn. It sure would be nice to have it back again..  :V
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:12:29 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #428 on: October 08, 2011, 11:44:57 AM »
Oh look how much you've done in the past...2 months or so.
Also, no I'm not dead.

I will be ghosting the server again (quite literally) once you guys decide to update since 1.8/9 is too cool. 8)
And viewing, your shenanigans...from afar.

Hell, I'll build a haunted mansion to live in. That's a great idea. I'll do that~

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #429 on: October 08, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »
I finally finished the Mega Hakkero, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Somewhere, Marisa is plotting something to do with this.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
You know, it's funny. There was once a nice view of people's structures from spawn. It sure would be nice to have it back again..  :V
Nope. Poverty won above all.

Also noticed that the LogBlock signs are 14-15 hours ahead of EDT. In other words, it's in GMT+10 (Sydney) for the most part (unsure how AU DST would affect it).
Bad command or file name

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #431 on: October 09, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
I was bored and I just thought of something that might entertain some of you.
I decided to have an archery contest, with maybe a prize for the best archer out there (still thinking about this).
I will try to find a place where the contest will be held, and I will act as the target.
I shall introduce to you... Targyrios! (yeah, veeery original portmanteau, I know)
[attach=1]
I still have to decide of the rules and whatnot, but basically you will have a limited amount of arrows and will have to shoot at me (once at a time!).
I'll try to come up with original ideas, and I'll let you all know when I'm done with the preparations, so we can decide of the time..

EDIT: Just remembered that the bow will be changed when we update the server, so I'll also have to think about whether to hold this contest before (if it's ready) or after we update.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:30:21 PM by Cykyrios »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #432 on: October 09, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »
Very funny. But if anything this is just far too easy :V
Bad command or file name

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #433 on: October 09, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
Well, I'll have you shoot at me while we're both on minecarts, and see if it really is that easy  :D
I need to come up with more non conventional situations, though, to make things more interesting.

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2011, 11:30:31 PM »

i'm sure it has been done before but i'm kinda pround of this. using a lot of saplings, a daimond axe, a crap load of bonemeal, and a lot of time, i have grown a fully solid (except where you see the leaves due to torches on the ground) block of wood for harvest. TIME TO CHOP! >=D

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #435 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:26 AM »
Since I'm always trying to be up to date on the latest mc news check out this tweet from jeb:
At today's meeting @notch suggested that should keep doing prereleases all the way to Minecon, so my previous tweet about 1.9 is obsolete :)
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_
As you can see, 1.9 will not be released next week.  We will be getting a flurry of pre-releases instead, and 1.9 is probably going to be the final version.  So then, what is gonna be the plan from here on then?  Wait for the final release or update to a pre-release?
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #436 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:29 AM »
Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with this turn of events. I can't say I'm surprised, though. So much for their code freeze on the 18th.

As Shady pointed out, we're faced with two options: To either wait until 1.9 hits (or even the full release) which might make us wait until mid-November, or to take our chances by updating to these pre-release versions. The longer we wait for them to get their shit together, the more I would like to side with the latter.

Also, with all of this talk about the Sky Dimension/The Ender that is upcoming, we might have to reconsider having many worlds via Multi-verse. If we keep the current world like we're planning, then we'll be running four worlds on our little machine. And that is without the oh-so-popular Sphere World. Needless to say, I'm worried about the load on the server, as well as its HDD space.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
Updating for a 1.9 prerelease is not an option because we also need to wait for 1.9 Bukkit.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »
The other option is to just accept the current 1.8.1 for a bit, being the latest stable version and all. Probably won't happen though, owing to user popularity of snow and the mega XP orb lag potential.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
Updating for a 1.9 prerelease is not an option because we also need to wait for 1.9 Bukkit.
Figured as much. I was at least hoping that the mods would be compatible with pre-release versions.

Quote from: Minecraft 1.9 pre3 Bug list
[!] Old worlds existing from Beta 1.8.1 and below might have their biomes changed if updated to ANY of the 1.9 pre-releases. For example: A Forest Biome with a lot of trees and a surrounding body of water may might be converted to a Swamp Biome. This leads to ugly rendering and shading of the ground, and the tree's leaves.

[!] Shortly after returning to the Overworld from the Nether, whether by Portal or by death and respawn, if you attempt to approach the portal the game will crash. Seems to happen once you are close enough to hear the portal sound effects.

[!] When you shut down a server, it always loses data. save-all does nothing. Additionally some chunks will not save the changes. When you leave and then return the area will be back to it's original state.

[!] Sometimes when playing on server and the client disconnects, the server thinks that the player is still connected and does not allow the client to connect.
Yeah. I think I'll retract my earlier statement about updating to pre-releases.  :derp:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:29:05 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
Being 1.7 is suffering  :colonveeplusalpha:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #441 on: October 10, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »
Going by the first item you quoted on the buglist, it seems folly to upgrade to 1.8.1, only to upgrade again to 1.9. However, it also seems that it will also adversely affect our existing world anyway (say goodbye to your snow land Cadmas? :ohdear:). Schematic imports may once again be a possibility....

Being 1.7 is suffering  :colonveeplusalpha:
Yeah, we're getting a bit restive here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:03:27 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
I don't think that 1.7 is suffering  :derp:
I have enough iron and diamand for now and don't have to get into dungeons till 1.9 release  :V

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »
It looks like schematic imports would be the best bet, again. Having big changes in biomes is sure to look very weird, especially when we'll also have dramatic changes (most likely) from our chunks to 1.9's chunks. :ohdear:
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
OK, I'm favouring another round of schematics and doing one of the following:
(A) Immediately upgrading to a fresh 1.8.1 world (my recommendation)
Pros: That will sedate the increasing restiveness players have for a bit, which has gotten almost out of hand. Also, this version has been stable for a while now and mods are mostly there (even one that adjusts the server jar to disable XP orbs).
Cons: May have to move worlds again come 1.9, assuming the recent pre-release's bugs. May involve one or more 'fresh starts'.
Misc: I'd leave it up to the users to determine whether they want to continue working on their older structures, but ultimately it's you two's decision on even giving that option (I say don't). Also, we'd have to temporarily add snow blocks to the list of stuff that can be obtained from Ops upon request.

(B) Retain 1.7.3 until 1.9 + Bukkit arrive, and then make a fresh world (Strafe's implication)
Pros: Less overall work to do than the above; no issues with terrain generation or fresh starts
Cons: Instigates more restiveness, mostly in the form of waiting. Who knows when 1.9 will arrive?

(C) Retain 1.7.3 until 1.9 + Bukkit arrive, but keep worlds (Stuffman's suggestion)
Pros: What need for schematic work (in short-term future)?
Cons: Rest of the lot will be boring themselves to death until then, and the map file is already ridiculously large. We also may need to do schematic work regardless if 1.9 does have adverse effects on existing chunks, but by the time we notice it may be too late. Also, once again, unsure of the arrival time of 1.9.

(D) Regress to 1.7.2 (if one can find both server and client jar files) for a bit
Pros: We can crash the diamond supply again :getdown:
Cons: Pretty much everything else

(all options also assume the re-adding of Essentials, but Multiverse is left to you two, though I am recommending that)

Also, I've noticed - the TF2 server is run on a general web server host (according to its Op omgkitties), but the MC one uses a dedicated MC one. Granted, I know there is tech support in that option, but it doesn't seem like it has been too reliable.... Assuming configuration and whatnot is not a problem (and tweaking is an option), I'd give some thought into that possibility in the long term if host rigidity and lame responses become massive issues (or worse, implodes AKA Brohoster). Major catch with that - we'll have to do all the configuration ourselves (plugins, server RAM, HDD, bandwidth, Mono, MCMA maybe, etc.).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:55:49 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
I vote for upgrading to 1.8, we can import the stuff we don't want lost and that means more resources in the 1.8 update and even more in the 1.9 update. There are some mods that disable exp orbs, it's not like we need them anyways.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »
I vote for upgrading to 1.8, we can import the stuff we don't want lost and that means more resources in the 1.8 update and even more in the 1.9 update. There are some mods that disable exp orbs, it's not like we need them anyways.
Speak for yourself I NEED THE ORBS MAN :I.  I guess going to 1.8 would help get rid of some boredom so I agree with going to 1.8. 
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
Speak for yourself I NEED THE ORBS MAN :I.
The major reason against the orbs is due to the potential to lag the server greatly should someone die with lots of XP. In fact, have too much upon death and there goes the server in a glorious crash! (I've also heard reports of corrupting maps following suit, though these are rare)

Therefore I recommend installing an XP-orb disabling mod that goes into minecraft_server.jar.
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2011, 09:23:23 PM »
The major reason against the orbs is due to the potential to lag the server greatly should someone die with lots of XP. In fact, have too much upon death and there goes the server in a glorious crash! (I've also heard reports of corrupting maps following suit, though these are rare)

Therefore I recommend installing an XP-orb disabling mod that goes into minecraft_server.jar.
My god it seems I tend to leave out key words or sentences in my posts.  I meant to put after that that I wouldn't mind having them removed. :derp:  I've already heard about the server crashing issues so I understand. 
2lazy2createbettersig

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2011, 09:29:26 PM »
I finally finished the Mega Hakkero, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Somewhere, Marisa is plotting something to do with this.
You might want to consider reinforcing it. It doesn't seem structurally capable of containing much energy. Well... conventional one, at least. Lava would burn it. Which leads me to a thought...
With all that jazz about enchantments, potions and other tools to improve one's quality of virtual life in MC, it probably wouldn't hurt to introduce some kind of high-level magic-enhancing material. (Along with spells, obviously, especially destructive magic.) Because, you know, I'd really like to see that beauty powering up my laser up to eleven.

A water-like material (enchanted water? raw mana?) would be perfect.

...I really ought to pick up modding. That thing needs to be in the game.